PDA

View Full Version : Poor transfer windows

matty_f
01-03-2017, 09:25 PM
We are stuttering to the end of the season with the same issues in the team that we have had for two years.

We have a cup win and the biggest crowds in years at Easter Road yet or transfer activity was very poor. We chased Commons for too long, chased Henderson for too long, and left it too late to get Stokes.

We have a recruitment set up at the club that is supposed to be top notch, yet it doesn't seem to have done us any good.

The end result is that we are faltering massively in there league at the moment, three points from the last twelve is abysmal.

We are seeing the impact of not recruiting properly now, we have very little creativity in the side, and that should have been better addressed imho.

Andy74
01-03-2017, 09:27 PM
We are stuttering to the end of the season with the same issues in the team that we have had for two years.

We have a cup win and the biggest crowds in years at Easter Road yet or transfer activity was very poor. We chased Commons for too long, chased Henderson for too long, and left it too late to get Stokes.

We have a recruitment set up at the club that is supposed to be top notch, yet it doesn't seem to have done us any good.

The end result is that we are faltering massively in there league at the moment, three points from the last twelve is abysmal.

We are seeing the impact of not recruiting properly now, we have very little creativity in the side, and that should have been better addressed imho.
Have to agree. Two strange windows and it's catching up on us.

DaveF
01-03-2017, 09:29 PM

I've sat at EM and listened to George Craig and Graeme Mathie wax lyrical about our recruitment being the dogs bollocks but it certainly does not seem that way. Bring in a keeper we release months later, strikers who rarely score and a winger who hardly set the heather on fire before getting himself crocked.

B.H.F.C
01-03-2017, 09:31 PM
The signings this year have been garbage.

Goalie is probably the only position we actually improved IMO.

col02
01-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Dempster gets a very easy time from the fans. Imagine it had still been Petrie in charge the past couple of transfer windows!

Hibee Mac
01-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Agreed overall the signings this season under Lennon have been shocking compared to the last 2 under Stubbs.

Marciano is a massive improvement over oxley but that's it.

IberianHibernian
01-03-2017, 11:42 PM
I've sat at EM and listened to George Craig and Graeme Mathie wax lyrical about our recruitment being the dogs bollocks but it certainly does not seem that way. Bring in a keeper we release months later, strikers who rarely score and a winger who hardly set the heather on fire before getting himself crocked.I`ve read this about improved recruitment too but haven`t seen any evidence of it . Everyone knows being in second tier doesn`t help and noone`s expecting a new Sauzee or Latapy but maybe efforts to sign a new Zemmama would help or even a Eoin Doyle ( some here have criticised signings during CC and Fenlon years but have signings in last year been any better or at least indicated that a lot of work really goes into recruitment ? ) . Not criticising Lennon here .

pacorosssco
01-03-2017, 11:55 PM
I`ve read this about improved recruitment too but haven`t seen any evidence of it . Everyone knows being in second tier doesn`t help and noone`s expecting a new Sauzee or Latapy but maybe efforts to sign a new Zemmama would help or even a Eoin Doyle ( some here have criticised signings during CC and Fenlon years but have signings in last year been any better or at least indicated that a lot of work really goes into recruitment ? ) . Not criticising Lennon here .

What if nothing better with budget. Done v.well with signings last two but if nothing better now then why jump. Keeper if ours would be best of last three when come sell fee involved. Bet u see him epl soon.

JackLadd
02-03-2017, 12:04 AM
We're being too critical in my view. We lost two of the key players from the cup final and didn't replace like with like. I don't blame Lennon for that. Holt and Shinnie have been patchy but last week they were heroes let's not forget. Laidlaw has done fine when in goal. Marciano is a quality keeper. Graham has not kicked on, maybe the biggest disappointment. Eardley was just a stop gap. The Commons signing was brief but absolutely vital. Humphrey looked a good signing, who can blame Lennon for that. So not a lot of players signed or money spent and no real bogeys in my view.

02-03-2017, 12:31 AM
I've sat at EM and listened to George Craig and Graeme Mathie wax lyrical about our recruitment being the dogs bollocks but it certainly does not seem that way.

:agree:

houstonhibbee
02-03-2017, 01:37 AM
Could do with the services of whoever at St Mirren found that full back they brought in in Jan that scored the goals. Almost got a hat trick. When was the last time a full back did that?

Ozyhibby
02-03-2017, 08:08 AM
The recruitment this season certainly did not reflect the increase in revenue from the cup win and the increase in season ticket sales (60% ?).
When we signed Holt I thought it was as a useful back up and not our main striker for the season. Unfortunately I was wrong. I thought Shinnie would be a good signing unfortunately that has not worked out either.
I'm not sure what the plan was with Graham.
With a 60% increase in season ticket sales I expected a lot better than what we got and it's even more disappointing that we did not fix the problem in January.
I would say that this season the club have not backed the manager as much as they could have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heid the baw
02-03-2017, 08:27 AM
Money should have been found to strike a longer loan deal for Commons.
Not getting automatic promotion is too big an issue to take chances with. It would have been money well spent as he showed with the vital goals he scored when he was here.

J-C
02-03-2017, 08:29 AM
Holt came with a big reputation down south, his hold up play is good but his scoring record is appalling for someone of his experience, just look at Kenny Miller, similar age to Holt, he scored 21 goals last season and 9 this season in the SPFL.

Graham is a poor mans Nish.

Shinnie only plays when he can be ar sed, or so it looks, he's a shadow of the player he was when he was at Inverness.

I don't know what happens to some players when they go south, Fyvie, Shinnie etc but they seem to turn into very average/poor players.

If/when we go up we're going to need 6-7 players at least because many of the out of contract ones are just proving they are not good enough, when you have a new contract to play for you'd think they'd be busting a gut everyday to get it.

houstonhibbee
02-03-2017, 08:37 AM
Holt came with a big reputation down south, his hold up play is good but his scoring record is appalling for someone of his experience, just look at Kenny Miller, similar age to Holt, he scored 21 goals last season and 9 this season in the SPFL.

Graham is a poor mans Nish.

Shinnie only plays when he can be ar sed, or so it looks, he's a shadow of the player he was when he was at Inverness.

I don't know what happens to some players when they go south, Fyvie, Shinnie etc but they seem to turn into very average/poor players.

If/when we go up we're going to need 6-7 players at least because many of the out of contract ones are just proving they are not good enough, when you have a new contract to play for you'd think they'd be busting a gut everyday to get it.
We don't do a good job of getting the best out of players either