PDA

View Full Version : After beating Hearts in the cup LAST year...

G B Young
01-03-2017, 09:46 PM
...we went on to take just five points out of 24 from our next eight games. A repeat of that this year and we're play-off bound again.

Hibernia&Alba
01-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Got to get promoted this season; simple as. Another year in the Championship would destroy the good work and improved attendances. Time for cool heads and strong character.

theonlywayisup
01-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Maybe it's "here we go, three in a row". Three failed attempts to get out of this league.

Jim44
01-03-2017, 10:05 PM
Got to get promoted this season; simple as. Another year in the Championship would destroy the good work and improved attendances. Time for cool heads and strong character.

I would go as far as saying that if we don't get promotion this season, we will be in the Championship indefinitely. Lennon will go or be sacked, any decent players will be off. Dempster will possibly go or be sacked. It will take years to get back to a stage where promotion is a possibility.

RoYO!
01-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Maybe it's "here we go, three in a row". Three failed attempts to get out of this league.

And yet your user name promised so much optimism :P

theonlywayisup
01-03-2017, 10:09 PM
And yet your user name promised so much optimism :P

45 years a Hibs fan!!!

Hibernia&Alba
01-03-2017, 10:10 PM
I would go as far as saying that if we don't get promotion this season, we will be in the Championship indefinitely. Lennon will go or be sacked, any decent players will be off. Dempster will possibly go or be sacked. It will take years to get back to a stage where promotion is a possibility.

Reaches for the whiskey bottle......

It's a massive season, no question, and the consequences for failing to gain promotion could indeed be severe.

theonlywayisup
01-03-2017, 10:12 PM
I once jokingly suggest changing my user name to theonlywayisupbutonlyafteradetourtothechampionship .

That was before we got relegated.

BegbieHSC
01-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Very concerning tonight!

I back Lennon 100% to turn this around though! Dundee United are worse than us, and when we giving them a doing at their place next week, hopefully that'll give the boys focus to pull away.

Beating Ayr at the weekend would be nice, but if we lose, but then win at Tannadice canna say i'll be too bothered!

Nicho87
01-03-2017, 10:28 PM
If the united game is on tv and the press are about all week cue a hibs win.

Dont bother about games like tonight though boys, paisleys no nice on a cold wednesday.

JackLadd
01-03-2017, 10:33 PM
I remember being at the Alloa game we lost 1-0, an abysmal display that basically gave sevco the title. Seems we still can't build or carry momentum, mostly the same players so that's two managers who can't get them up for these crappy grounds.

JK Rolling
01-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Reaches for the whiskey bottle......

It's a massive season, no question, and the consequences for failing to gain promotion could indeed be severe.

Spot on.

The saving grace is that although we conspire to shoot ourselves in the foot regularly D Utd regularly fail to capitalise.