PDA

View Full Version : No width, no tactics, nothing

Cat Stanton
01-03-2017, 08:44 PM
So what does Lennon do now? Rant again?

What an awful, awful miserable performance.

houstonhibbee
01-03-2017, 08:53 PM

drop underperforming players - Fyvie, Boyle, Shinnie, Gray. I would give Boyle benefit of the doubt. Keatings and Graham added nothing. What happened to the second best midfield in Scotland???

houstonhibbee
01-03-2017, 08:55 PM

Ignore them? That's worse than being shouted at.....

MWHIBBIES
01-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Lennon under huge pressure, he'd be as well retiring if he doesnt get us up.

andy1875
01-03-2017, 08:58 PM
This team had better beat Dundee United or at the very least get a draw next Friday or there will be some very nervy times ahead.

Not discounting Morton or Falkirk by the way.

Our recent form is nothing short of a disgrace. Give me a win at Tannadice over Ayr any day.

Its ALL about the league this year. **** another season like this.

matty_f
He needs to pick a more attacking line up for a start. There was zero creativity in that team tonight.

QMU-1875
Shinnie should not play for hibs again

Nicho87
01-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Hard not to worry. Lose to united they win there game in hand 1 point.

gaz1875
01-03-2017, 09:01 PM

He is an absolute lightweight, the odd good thing the rest of the time poor passing and on his arse.

macca70
01-03-2017, 09:01 PM

He plays a settled team without needless changes, that's hopefully what Lennon does? Why drop Holt just as Cummings and Holt seem to be looking like a partnership?

he needs to stop tinkering and stop the needless changes.

cabbage_88
01-03-2017, 09:02 PM

There have been far worse players than shinnie the past few games

Cod Boy
01-03-2017, 09:07 PM

Correct other players get away with it cause they are so called better.

houstonhibbee
01-03-2017, 09:17 PM
He needs to pick a more attacking line up for a start. There was zero creativity in that team tonight.
who do we have available that's more creative though?

Nicho87
01-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Dont get why holt was dropped. Surely holt who is playing ok should have started with cummings or are we saving his legs for the cup which is second priority? Rodoculous. As soon as i saw the lineup i thought no chance we'll win

Unseen work
01-03-2017, 09:19 PM
We just never look like scoring.

Cummings is literally our only threat.

If I was opposition I wouldn't be bothered about the other 10 hibs players having the ball, just goes sideways

JackLadd
01-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Maybe resting Holt, 3 games in a week for a 36 year old is pretty hard going.

Nicho87
01-03-2017, 09:21 PM
Maybe resting Holt, 3 games in a week for a 36 year old is pretty hard going.

Exactly bet he starts on saturday.

MWHIBBIES
01-03-2017, 09:21 PM

Whys that? Far far from out worst tonight. A word doesnt exist to describe how bad Gray was.

cabbage_88
01-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Whys that? Far far from out worst tonight. A word doesnt exist to describe how bad Gray was.

Gray was the worst player on the park and that was his worst performance in a Hibs jersey imo! Love the guy but he escapes criticism far too often, was brutal against dunfermline as well

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2017, 09:51 PM
We are back to having Stevenson and Gray as our width, its no wonder we are creating next to nothing from wide.

We've also gone from ponderous to getting right into hearts faces then back to ponderous again. We let these teams in this division get behind the ball too easily, with sideway and backward passing that goes nowhere.

indiejak1413
01-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Drop Fyvie for Martin. Drop Shinnie for Crane. Young, hungry and plenty of pace. It's time to throw caution to the wind and play these young guys. It's bloody obvious the "seasoned pros" are not up to the job. If the leagues a priority then it's time to throw them in .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

QMU-1875
01-03-2017, 09:55 PM

He's like playing a man down. Had a good game in the Derby but can handle the bullying that goes on against ***** teams. Stop defending him he's indefensible.

cabbage_88
01-03-2017, 10:02 PM
He's like playing a man down. Had a good game in the Derby but can handle the bullying that goes on against ***** teams. Stop defending him he's indefensible.

Not saying he's a world beater by any stretch but in the past few games bar the Derby, mcginn, Fyvie, gray and Boyle (bar the first 20 mins v dunf) have all been much worse than him

dmc1875
01-03-2017, 10:11 PM
Gray has been truly abysmal and at fault for three of the last four goals in the last two games.

There are other players who need to look in the mirror before Shinnie. As much as we all love Gray he was poor Saturday and today he was truly atrocious

A Hi-Bee
01-03-2017, 10:11 PM

Have already posted this but here goes again, no rants no raving just says it like it was.

Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon: "St Mirren thoroughly deserved to win - the hungrier team won, so I've no complaints. We've been on a very good run, but we're stepping off the gas a little bit, and you can't do that.
"We give them all the warnings before the game and they still didn't respond. All the 50-50s, second balls went to St Mirren because they wanted it more. It happens, it hasn't happened very often, it's a game gone, and we're giving other teams encouragement. We have to resurrect it very quickly and get back to where we were a week ago.
"That was the poorest we've played this season. We didn't look ready for the fight, and St Mirren were excellent - the best performance any team's played against us this season."

cabbage_88
01-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Gray has been truly abysmal and at fault for three of the last four goals in the last two games.

There are other players who need to look in the mirror before Shinnie. As much as we all love Gray he was poor Saturday and today he was truly atrocious

Agree 100%

A Hi-Bee
01-03-2017, 10:28 PM

Have to agree the guy should be rested for a while, but who would play at right back then?

MWHIBBIES
01-03-2017, 10:32 PM
He's like playing a man down. Had a good game in the Derby but can handle the bullying that goes on against ***** teams. Stop defending him he's indefensible.Oh **** off, he isn't indefensible, folk just love a scapegoat and wont criticise the ones who were truly hopeless tonight. McGinn was rubbish, Gray was ****ing dreadful, Fyvie *****, Cummings *****, Boyle ***** and missed from 2 yards. Long list of guys I'm worried about before Shinnie.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Tonight was disgraceful, absolutely pathetic.

One of the worst performances I've seen for a long time.

SMAXXA
01-03-2017, 10:47 PM
My only comfort probably straw clutching is that we still have hanlon, fonts, Dylan and Humphreys to come back from tonight's team. Christ we are missing Hanlon even Mcgregor doesn't look as confident without him alongside him. I know it's the other end of the park we need to score more goals but with 2 strikers and with Humphreys and Dylan creativity we will be better for it.

Getting and keeping them fit is the problem

Forza Fred
01-03-2017, 10:59 PM
We are back to having Stevenson and Gray as our width, its no wonder we are creating next to nothing from wide.

We've also gone from ponderous to getting right into hearts faces then back to ponderous again. We let these teams in this division get behind the ball too easily, with sideway and backward passing that goes nowhere.

Most of the league games I have seen we have played at a less than fast tempo.

Some teams sit back, sometimes I think due to our reputation as a "big" team, but realise that if they come out and have a go at us...a la St Mirren and Dunfermline, that we are not as good as we like to think we are.

The glut of possession we get from teams sitting back, only reinforces in our minds that we are 'better' but even when we have had possession we have struggled to do much with it.

Against the likes of Hearts because we prepare for higher tempo matches we do ok.....but obviously when we play 'lesser' sides we slip back to our snail pace, and struggle accordingly.

This has helped perpetuate the myth that we will be a better PremiervLeague side than we are a championship side as teams there will 'open up' and come at us.

Well, teams in this division have cottoned on that if they come at us they will open US up!

The season is salvageable IF we up the tempo of play for EVERY game, not just ones against opposition from higher placed teams.