PDA

View Full Version : Waken the **** up Hibs

cleanyman
01-03-2017, 09:29 PM
I'm talking to you Shinnie, Gray, McGinn, Boyle and you Mr Lennon

This League is NOT over

We couldn't pass a ****ing ball tonight. Nothing. Utterly pathetic from start to finish

Also, what kind of formation was that ?

Get a grip

cleanyman
01-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Fyvie is that **** I forgot all about him

Joe6-2
01-03-2017, 09:35 PM
I hate slagging my team, but! That was an absolute disgrace, Hibs are great at kicking us in the teeth!

ArmadaleHibs
01-03-2017, 09:38 PM
I left with ten minutes to go. I never do that but tonight I just couldn't sit listening to fans destroy the team like tonight. To be fair tho, the players were that bad they deserved the criticism

Ggtth

21sMay
01-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Neil Lennon can't win games against teams who sit in on a regular basis . I've always praised him for the performances in the big games but he needs to sort this or walk away before we muck this all up

Jones28
01-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Neil Lennon can't win games against teams who sit in on a regular basis . I've always praised him for the performances in the big games but he needs to sort this or walk away before we muck this all up

But nor could Stubbs, our problem is scoring goals and not taking our ****ing chances when they fall to us. All our strikers are 1/5 scorers, Cummings probably more like 1.5 or 2/5. We still manage to create without taking the opportunities.

As for the Dunfermline game and tonight we haven't been able to cope with teams who want to play a bit of football either.

Greencore
01-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Not the way champions should play. League not over but you're right waken the ***** up hibs.

ArmadaleHibs
01-03-2017, 09:42 PM

I don't want to sound pedantic but it was hibs who were sitting in and not st mirren. They got at us from the start

fiolex1
01-03-2017, 09:45 PM
The Hearts Scottish win just papered over the cracks, we've been terrible for the lady 3-4 weeks

Wee Effen Bee
01-03-2017, 09:46 PM
Extremely poor effort from us again. Ayr, Dunfy and now St Mirren - all from the bottom group and points chucked away. Our midfield ripped again and again as on Saturday. Really need a win on Saturday then in Dundee the following week.

21sMay
01-03-2017, 09:47 PM
I don't want to sound pedantic but it was hibs who were sitting in and not st mirren. They got at us from the start

To be fair your right but in the last 20 they sat in and we couldn't break them down as has been the case umpteen times this season

kaimendhibs
01-03-2017, 09:48 PM
That was complete and utter junk

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

greenpaper55
01-03-2017, 09:50 PM
We were never in it. i honestly don't see how this can turn around , i honestly never thought i would see us play as badly as that, Saints were all over us like a rash from the kick off, to counter that you do the same to them but we were unable or could not be arsed.

The Harp Awakes
01-03-2017, 09:50 PM
It shouldn't happen, but the Cup ties against Hearts have no doubt led to poor performances in the league. The same happened last season.

The problem is if we beat Ayr, we could well lose our concentration again due to a Cup Semi, at what could be a crucial time for us in the league.

Having said that, 3 points from games against Raith, Dunfermline, Ayr and St Mirren is a shocking return.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Anyone who was really that surprised at tonights debacle hasn't really been paying attention, we've still got the advantage, but its a slim one. If we cant compete with utter dross like St Mirren it's hard to be cofident that we'll go on any kind of convincing run to the end of the season.

High-On-Hibs
01-03-2017, 09:53 PM
St Mirren never sat in. We were the one's sitting in and passing the ball about at the back as if we were the team that were 2-0 up. We invited St Mirren on to us the entire game. It was like they had 3x as many players on the park. Incredible, just incredible.

Pretty Boy
01-03-2017, 09:55 PM
Time for a couple of big personalities to be kicking a few erses in that dressing room. Absolutely no excuse for the league performances over the last few weeks. If some players only fancy it in the bigger games then they need to be told that isn't on.

A few home truths spilled between now and Saturday hopefully. We are back in a fight for the league so time for players to step up to the mark.

Gatecrasher
01-03-2017, 09:56 PM
And the fans were being criticised for booing this pish.

High-On-Hibs
01-03-2017, 09:58 PM
And the fans were being criticised for booing this pish.

Players should stand in a long line outside the away end and personally shake the hand and apologize to every poor soul that was subjected to that tonight.

QMU-1875
01-03-2017, 10:00 PM
That team tonight were utterly disgraceful. Right from the start they looked completely uninterested. Get Scott Martin back into that midfield and drop the abysmal Fraser Fyvie and Shinnie.

JackLadd
01-03-2017, 10:01 PM
Don't want to overreact too much, must win on Saturday though. Whatever it takes. And take something from tannadice. No excuses.

hibbie02
01-03-2017, 10:05 PM
Every year it happens. We get to January/February and the team just gives up and we never get a performance out of them. Every ****ing year! Okay we perform in cup competitions, but I can't remember a decent run of games at this time of the year in the league.

Mango Man
01-03-2017, 10:10 PM
We need to freshen things up a bit now, going very stale, drop Gray for Crane, don't play Marv and Fyvie together, it just isn't happening for Shinnie, loses the ball a lot and seems so lightweight, no wins in 4 league games is abysmal.

We are making real hard work of this.

BegbieHSC
01-03-2017, 10:25 PM
We were woeful, and I hope Lennon rails into each and every one of them! The players need to take a good look at themselves, and ask if their performances against the dross of this league have really been acceptable!

Beat United on a week on Friday, and we'll turn a corner, and we'll stride into the Premiership. Couldn't care less about Saturday tbh!

MWHIBBIES
01-03-2017, 10:26 PM
We were woeful, and I hope Lennon rails into each and every one of them! The players need to take a good look at themselves, and ask if their performances against the dross of this league have really been acceptable!

Beat United on a week on Friday, and we'll turn a corner, and we'll stride into the Premiership. Couldn't care less about Saturday tbh!
I hope Lennon does more than just scream and shout, it isnt 1970, it doesnt work.

The Gorf
01-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Time for a couple of big personalities to be kicking a few erses in that dressing room. Absolutely no excuse for the league performances over the last few weeks. If some players only fancy it in the bigger games then they need to be told that isn't on.

A few home truths spilled between now and Saturday hopefully. We are back in a fight for the league so time for players to step up to the mark.
100% this. At least Lasley put his hands up and came out saying the players were at fault at Motherwell. One or two of ours should do the same BUT the league isn't over yet and I still think we'll go up. So, back the team up. You know you want to. GGTTH

High-On-Hibs
01-03-2017, 10:41 PM
I hope Lennon does more than just scream and shout, it isnt 1970, it doesnt work.

He may need to knock them back into the 70s first then if that's the case.

NOLA
01-03-2017, 10:43 PM
I fear the cup is a distraction we can do without. Players looking leggy already. League is the priority [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenpaper55
01-03-2017, 10:49 PM
We never even competed in the effort levels tonight, you can forgive bad management and downright bad play but we never were at the races as a competitive team , utterly unforgivable.

Heisenberg
01-03-2017, 11:00 PM
We never even competed in the effort levels tonight, you can forgive bad management and downright bad play but we never were at the races as a competitive team , utterly unforgivable.

It was the same against Dunfermline but it was blamed on the poor wee souls being tired. Fair enough if these teams are just better than us but that's not the case.

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2017, 11:02 PM
What looked like a drip is now becoming a torrent ....... Lennon ripped the team a new one after Raith and got a massive reaction against the Yams. We then put in a pretty dreadful last 60 minutes against Dunfermline and have now followed that up with what has been by all accounts an atrocious performance again tonight.

I'm prepared to accept there was a level of tiredness following the effort against Hertz ........ but its now got to the stage where I don't want to hear any more about why we haven't won or been beaten, no matter how logical it is. We simply have to give absolutely everything in the remaining league games and find a way to win, whether that involves kicking the opposition off the park, diving to win penalties, going down at the merest sign of contact to win free kicks, time wasting if we are 1 - 0 up ............. whatever, I don't care ..... FFS Hibs just find a way to win, any way !!!

Like the thread title says 'FFS WAKE UP HIBS !!!' .............. Have these players not yet grasped what's at stake here??? ..... nothing less than 100% effort concentration and commitment is acceptable from now on ... sod the injuries, sod the tiredness ..... and especially sod the cup!!!

Use Saturday to rest as many vital players as we can get away with, and as I said on another thread give Fyvie the full 90 minutes and tell him in no uncertain terms that nothing less than a man of the match performance will be acceptable, he was rank on Saturday and again tonight by all accounts .... all that matters is getting a result at Tannadice.

Please Hibs don't **** this up ...... to do so will be nothing short of a calamity !!!

Captain Trips
01-03-2017, 11:26 PM
St Mirren didn't sit in, they took the challenge and gave it their all. Hibernian were found wanting in all departments tonight and appeared to have little desire.

I can accept losing but not when the basics are missing. The lack of desire tonight was a disgrace, some players don't need ripped by Lennon they need dropped right away.

Mikey09
01-03-2017, 11:29 PM

There are no words...

Speedway
01-03-2017, 11:35 PM

But was does work with this lot?

Stubbsy cuddles didn't halt the results slide either.

At some point the finger has to point firmly at the players no matter who the manager is.

The manager gets sacked for poor results, why can't the players?

Cameron1875
01-03-2017, 11:58 PM
Very disappointing!

Some trek to get through and then caught in the traffic with those ***** on the way home so not long in after being subjected to a shocking performance.

Lennon is being judased by his own players. Every time he brings one on/gives them an unexpected chance then they play really well. As soon as he rewards them by giving them a start, they play absolutely terribly!

It's happened with Boyle, Shinnie, Keatings, and Graham all season. Get rid of those 4 if we go up and maybe, just maybe we can aspire to being a top 4 Premiership side.

Captain Trips
02-03-2017, 12:04 AM
Very disappointing!

Some trek to get through and then caught in the traffic with those ***** on the way home so not long in after being subjected to a shocking performance.

Lennon is being judased by his own players. Every time he brings one on/gives them an unexpected chance then they play really well. As soon as he rewards them by giving them a start, they play absolutely terribly!

It's happened with Boyle, Shinnie, Keatings, and Graham all season. Get rid of those 4 if we go up and maybe, just maybe we can aspire to being a top 4 Premiership side.

To a point I agree, what I dont understand though is we wait and wait for Holt to score he does so and is on bench next match, this does not help anyones cause.

Islington Hibs
02-03-2017, 08:52 AM
Our team have shown they can do it and on their day are a match for any team, probably bar Celtic. A small number of excellent performances notably against Dundee Utd and Hearts but if we are honest far too many games have been scrapes and pretty unimpressive ones at that too. This is an easier league than last year and in my view we have gone backwards by a margin. Our defence is probably better but our much vaunted midfield is too often flat. Without the excellent Cummings we would be in real trouble. We probably will go up, as our opponents are no great shakes and are likely to also drop points but the elation of big game victories hides a deeper malaise.

scooby
02-03-2017, 10:02 AM
The Hearts Scottish win just papered over the cracks, we've been terrible for the lady 3-4 weeks

Spot on, we've only played well against DU and Hearts recently. Our recent league form has been really concerning.

Golden Bear
02-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Our team have shown they can do it and on their day are a match for any team, probably bar Celtic. A small number of excellent performances notably against Dundee Utd and Hearts but if we are honest far too many games have been scrapes and pretty unimpressive ones at that too. This is an easier league than last year and in my view we have gone backwards by a margin. Our defence is probably better but our much vaunted midfield is too often flat. Without the excellent Cummings we would be in real trouble. We probably will go up, as our opponents are no great shakes and are likely to also drop points but the elation of big game victories hides a deeper malaise.

Good post.

SlickShoes
02-03-2017, 10:14 AM
Last 3 years we struggle against teams who sit in, it's like the players have got used to it and just play at 50% trying to find that magic pass or wonder goal that wins the game.

Now teams are playing us differently and doing what we done to hearts, let them knock the ball about at the halfway line, everywhere else max pressure and allow us to create nothing.

When St Mirren went forward there were runs, men being taken on and spaces to move into. When we went forward it was like the exact opposite we just rolled the ball about the back line until we lost it or someone hit the corner flag with a shot.

Every team wants to beat us in this league, we are their cup final, the players need to realise that every game from now until the end of the season IS A CUP FINAL and they need to give everything they possibly have. If we keep playing like we are then I can see Falkirk or Morton grinding out a push for the league and us doing our usual drop back into the playoffs then losing them because "it was just one game too many".

skyehibee
02-03-2017, 10:14 AM
Worst I've seen us play all season last night

Big90inOz
02-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Anyone who thinks this league is won are kidding themselves, we cannot open up sides who sit in and now sides have realised we are soft at the back
I do think the side will do better in the prem but we need to get there first

southern hibby
02-03-2017, 10:35 AM
Never seen us play so bad in the last three years. Absolutely no will to win the ball never mind the game. Can't believe we were top and St Mirren bottom played us of the park and thoroughly deserved their win.

For those saying we can't win against teams who sit in St Mirren showed Hibs last night how to win against teams who sit in because that's what we did for most of the game. All night we passed the ball sideways across the back line. We looked absolutely lost without Holt to punt the ball to. No creation in midfield, second to every ball and certain players looked like they couldn't be bothered. ( I have nothing to base my next statement on but only how I feel and it's up to players to prove my feelings dumbfounded) I thought certain players last night never played for the jersey or the manager or even their own self pride. Not sure if the know or understand what NL wants from them in terms of their jobs in his team selection but if they do they don't show it.

GGTTH

Gatecrasher
02-03-2017, 10:54 AM

At some point the finger has to point firmly at the players no matter who the manager is.

exactly, this is firmly on the players IMO.

easty
02-03-2017, 11:05 AM

The players are definitely the problem. There's obviously not enough focus and/or commitment. It's not enough to just be up for it in the big games.

We should be doing to this league, what Celtc are doing to the Prem.

wookie70
02-03-2017, 11:14 AM
I hope teams sit in against us until the end of the season, at least that way we might pick up more points. I think they are all starting to wake up to the fact that Hibs just aren't very good and certainly not as good as last season. The players aren't performing and the Manager looks like he sticks the front 6 players in a hat and draws them out week on week. They then look like they go on the park without knowing what the plan is. I think we are almost in a similar position to what Leicester were in but our manager never won anything last year. Lennon is clearly trying to get the players to work harder but he seems incapable of doing so. His changing personnel on a weekly basis right from the start of the season surely can't help as partnerships won't form and players don't know where they stand. What I can't understand is why we play attacking line ups against the better teams but play really defensive line ups, like last night, against the so called lesser lights. I hope the players know what the manager's plan is because at best it looks like he is sitting in for a draw and at worst he is just throwing the players on that he thinks will do a shift.

02-03-2017, 12:49 PM
I wasn't there last night as I couldn't get away from work early enough so I am not able to give a full post mortem of the game but this is not good enough and by all accounts the team played dreadful.

As the thread title says, waken the **** up hibs! If we **** up this league not only will it be a complete and utter embarrassment but we will be in huge bother as I don't trust us to get through the play-offs. Yet again we have failed to increase our lead and give ourselves breathing space. The more we miss opportunities like that, the more of a wee boost Utd get IMO, it gives them glimmers of hope when really we should be increasing our lead and crushing any sort of confidence they have.

GreenArmyyy!
02-03-2017, 12:58 PM
See this tiredness crap. I'm sorry but it's not good enough.

Those players were in Why Not till the early hours straight after beating Hearts. That was three days before a huge game against Dunfermline. That to me isn't good enough and not really the way I would have expected Lennon to manage the team. Clubbing should be a one off during international breaks and in the off season in my opinion. You can't allow them to go out till God knows what time then complain about them being tired at the next game. Not good enough.

pennyhibee
02-03-2017, 01:09 PM
It's like nobody wants to take the lead.Against hearts ,John Mcginn drove at them from the off ,and it rubbed off on the team.But when it doesn't work for Mcginn ,there doesn't appear to be anyone else prepared to take on the mantle of leadership.They all just seem to be hanging around waiting for something to happen. Surely these players shouldn't be lacking in confidence

familyman
02-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Well hao about the fans forking out for two games in one week, did we get any financial allowance ..no chance, so neither should the players get an allowance..we are required to pay full price and expect no demand full time effort...it was not a friendly!!!

SirDavidsNapper
02-03-2017, 04:00 PM
Totally agree with the OP. What angers and surprises me is there are a lot of boys in the dressing room who are letting history repeat itself. We went on a horrendous run last season after the Hearts replay which effectively ended our chance to win the league. Those players who were involved last year should be hell bent on that not happening but I'm not seeing it. The Ayr game is critical as we need the revenue from the semi finals but we have a big enough and wise enough squad to still keep our aye on the ball in the league. If we don't go up this season I shudder to think what could happen. Sort it out Hibs

SRHibs
02-03-2017, 04:08 PM
We need a proper captain. We all love SDG, but he's been poor recently, both defensively and when it comes to getting the team telt/encouraging them.

It's also becoming abundantly clear that, while we seemed to raise our game against Hearts, beating them doesn't necessarily indicate we are a good team as they are absolute garbage.

where'stheslope
02-03-2017, 04:44 PM
Totally agree with the OP. What angers and surprises me is there are a lot of boys in the dressing room who are letting history repeat itself. We went on a horrendous run last season after the Hearts replay which effectively ended our chance to win the league. Those players who were involved last year should be hell bent on that not happening but I'm not seeing it. The Ayr game is critical as we need the revenue from the semi finals but we have a big enough and wise enough squad to still keep our aye on the ball in the league. If we don't go up this season I shudder to think what could happen. Sort it out Hibs

Once again we need money from semi-finals????

Sorry to say it but I think this is the biggest problem, the further we go in the Cup the more players and fans want to win it again!!!!

This could completely burn our bridges for promotion out of this league.

It looks good as semi-finalists to us, but to the teams we play it is another reason to try and put one over on us.

The Skooshers on here must be hiding under their beds now, I still think the league is ours, but we need total commitment in all of the games from now till we can't be caught, then think about the cup!!

Not before then!!!!!

thebausburst
02-03-2017, 05:47 PM
To a point I agree, what I dont understand though is we wait and wait for Holt to score he does so and is on bench next match, this does not help anyones cause.

Lennon says he was carrying a knock and that's why he didn't start