PDA

View Full Version : Lift to FF upper being removed

C Feeney-Seale
01-03-2017, 02:07 PM
Hi all,

Amidst the positive reaction to the new season ticket campaign, there was one less than welcome piece of news.

From next season, the lift to the FF upper will no longer operate. This doesn't affect me personally, but I know fans who rely on this and who face having to change their season ticket as a result. The removal of the lift is due to a new health club being installed.

The most concerning thing for me is how this appears to have been pushed through with little consultation - I've not heard from anyone who sits in the FF upper who was aware this was coming. I do not think we have met the standards we set ourselves in terms of engagement with the support here at all sadly.

The news came via the email mentioned in the update on the singing section:
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7323

A few older fans have sent views to me, and I wondered if anyone here had any thoughts on this?

1van Sprou7e
01-03-2017, 02:10 PM
Hi all,

Amidst the positive reaction to the new season ticket campaign, there was one less than welcome piece of news.

From next season, the lift to the FF upper will no longer operate. This doesn't affect me personally, but I know fans who rely on this and who face having to change their season ticket as a result. The removal of the lift is due to a new health club being installed.

The most concerning thing for me is how this appears to have been pushed through with little consultation - I've not heard from anyone who sits in the FF upper who was aware this was coming. I do not think we have met the standards we set ourselves in terms of engagement with the support here at all sadly.

A few older fans have sent views to me, and I wondered if anyone here had any thoughts on this?

What's a health club?

If what you say is true it's pretty disappointing from the club

ancient hibee
01-03-2017, 02:16 PM
Presumably part of the joint health venture with I think the NHS.

greenginger
01-03-2017, 02:20 PM
There are no planning or building warrant application for any new works at Easter Road.

BroxburnHibee
01-03-2017, 02:22 PM
Don't think it's being removed. Think they said due to the health club there would no longer be access.

C Feeney-Seale
01-03-2017, 02:30 PM
I'll share the email below, with the relevant section in bold.

Dear Charlene,

“I was born a Hibee and I’ll die a Hibee.” Lawrie Reilly’s words which have inspired this year’s season ticket campaign. It is a sentence packed full of emotion and sums up just how important the club is to so many.

Reflecting back on the last three years, I’ve realised just how far we have come in some ways from when I first joined the club. Back then, our relationship with you, the fans, was fractured. We had to rebuild your trust and belief in the club and my feeling has been that the fans have bought into what we have been trying to do on and off the field. You have repaid us by your commitment, whether that is through buying a season ticket, joining HSL, or buying from the Clubstore. For that, we thank you.

This season, off the back of the historic Scottish Cup victory, crowds have been back in force and it feels like we are entering a new phase in the club’s development as we chase promotion. This will be the springboard to take the club to the next level.

Our aim for next season is to reach our all-time record of season ticket holders – 11,500. We just fell short of that number this season but we did smash through the Target 10k which I set last year. If we can do that it will allow us to kick on and continue to invest in the squad as we know that we will need to be stronger next season.

So, what is new for next season in terms of season tickets? Well, prices will remain the same for 2017-18. We think this is only fair given the backing that we have had over the last three seasons.

One of my important aims for next season is to improve match-day atmosphere. It is important for supporters, but it is equally important for the players and the management team. You may have heard Neil speak about this before - both he and the players tell us that when Easter Road is noisy, when the fans are singing and supporting the team that it help push them on and lifts them.

We have undertaken some smaller projects to achieve this, but we want to make a bigger impact now. We have been in discussions with the fan group ‘Since 1875’ - they have been active in Section 43 of the East Stand since the redevelopment of the stadium and have been behind some of the prominent fan displays like the inspired ‘Time for Heroes’ banner at Hampden.

One thing that we have spoken to them about is to identify an area in the stadium that can be dedicated to a traditional ‘singing section’. Other clubs have taken this route both at home here in Scotland and abroad and it is recognised to have improved atmosphere, so we have decided that it is project that we want to deliver for the long-term benefit of the club, the team and the supporters at Easter Road.

This will mean that some supporters currently in the East will move across to Section 25 of the Famous Five Upper and start to build a new ‘singing section’ where supporters who are interested in being involved can participate.

If you are interested in being part of this, and relocating to section 25 in the Famous Five Upper, please download the application from our campaign website www.bornahibee.com and return it by 23rd March via email to FamousFive@hibernianfc.co.uk.

One final element to note regarding the Famous Five Upper and this relates to everyone who has seats in here and has nothing to do with the ‘singing section’. If you require access to the lift to gain access to your seat then I must advise you that the option to do so won’t be available next season.

The Club is currently working in partnership to deliver a transformational Health Hub based at Easter Road and it is planned that the Hub will be located in what operates now as the Famous Five hospitality suites. We are in the final processes of this partnership, which will include a review of the Behind the Goals matchday bar, and we’ll publish more information on this when we can.

What we are certain of is that the lift will no longer be accessible. If you have accessibility issues and require lift access then again please contact us on the above number or email address and we can arrange to help find a seat that is suitable for your mobility needs.

Elsewhere the away season ticket initiative will continue too for those who want to guarantee a ticket for every away match. This will be limited to 300 tickets, as has been the case this season, and will be open to season ticket holders, with priority given to current away season ticket holders. Fans interested in this can again download and complete a form from www.bornahibee.com and return to tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk.

Following the move last year to take our hospitality and events function in-house, we have continued to invest in the stadium and have refurbished the lounges in the West Stand. If you are holding a function or want to celebrate a special occasion then please get in touch with us. Season ticket holders will benefit from a 10% discount on bookings.

You're receiving your renewal information electronically this year - it's the quickest and easiest way for us to communicate with you. We have produced a paper brochure however, which includes a free poster, so please feel free to visit the Ticket Office or Clubstore to pick up a copy.

I’ll finish with some words from our campaign and what a being a season ticket holder means. It means commitment, belonging, obligation, habit, continuity, identity. They mean a future guarantee of being able to say “I was there”.

We hope you will be there again next season.

Yours sincerely,

Leeann

hibee
01-03-2017, 02:45 PM
I only know about this as it's been mentioned on here before.

Although I sit in the FF upper there was no communication regarding this or the singing section.

Luckily I don't need the lift but I think it's a real shame that long time regulars in this stand have not been consulted and to me it shows a lack of respect for the support.

I'm online every day and have never heard of this group who were consulted about the singing section so I'd imagine a lot of the older FF upper regulars who don't go online won't have heard of this lift issue either.

It just seems ridiculous that they have a great facility with a lift which will no longer be available, to me I can see no reason why the lift entrance can't be made external to anything else going in there and left in use for those that need it.

Arch Stanton
01-03-2017, 02:46 PM
I actually don't think a 'consultation' would have been of any benefit - I think I could predict with some accuracy what points would be made by both 'sides'.

I don't see it as such a big impact on those affected either - I am assuming they will get due consideration for being moved (if they have to go to more expensive seats for example).

Jones28
01-03-2017, 02:48 PM
I actually don't think a 'consultation' would have been of any benefit - I think I could predict with some accuracy what points would be made by both 'sides'.

I don't see it as such a big impact on those affected either - I am assuming they will get due consideration for being moved (if they have to go to more expensive seats for example).

Agree with this, fwiw a consultation would've been time consuming and if the club are pressing ahead with plans that are in their final phase what difference would it have made? They'd be doing it anyway.

adhibs
I dont realy see the problem, its not like there wont be access to the stadium for those with mobility problems. The email even points out that the club will assist in relocating to suitable areas.

snooky
I'll share the email below, with the relevant section in bold.

Just when the club needs a wee lift too. :wink:
Ah well, onwards and upwards.
:hmmm: bad choice of words, maybe

Real Emerald
01-03-2017, 03:13 PM
So if the health club is to be in hospitality in BTG's, it looks like the end of the BTG bar. If so, I don't think it's a good swap at a football stadium to do away with a supporters bar in favour of a heath club. I know they say it's under review but it sounds a bit ominous!

As for the lift not being accessible, I also think this is unfair. Easter Road is first and foremost a football stadium and should look after it's supports as a priority.

We shall wait and see.

Johnny Clash
01-03-2017, 03:22 PM
Agree with this, fwiw a consultation would've been time consuming and if the club are pressing ahead with plans that are in their final phase what difference would it have made? They'd be doing it anyway.

I'm not sure how big a problem this will be but it seems perfectly reasonable for such a consideration to be raised with our Supporters Reps at an earlier stage and not left to the final phase!

Arch Stanton
01-03-2017, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure how big a problem this will be but it seems perfectly reasonable for such a consideration to be raised with our Supporters Reps at an earlier stage and not left to the final phase!

Kinda assumes that said 'reps' should be looking after the interests of those requiring Upper FF lifts and not looking after the health of the fan base in general (especially sedentary fans such as yours truly).

Do they really have a mandate one way or another?

CapitalGreen
01-03-2017, 03:36 PM
So if the health club is to be in hospitality in BTG's, it looks like the end of the BTG bar. If so, I don't think it's a good swap at a football stadium to do away with a supporters bar in favour of a heath club. I know they say it's under review but it sounds a bit ominous!

As for the lift not being accessible, I also think this is unfair. Easter Road is first and foremost a football stadium and should look after it's supports as a priority.

We shall wait and see.

Firstly it is an NHS Health Hub not a Health Club.

Secondly, nowhere is it stated that there will no longer be a supporters bar within the stadium. Expect BTG to be relocated elsewhere.

Pete
01-03-2017, 03:44 PM
Firstly it is an NHS Health Hub not a Health Club.

Secondly, nowhere is it stated that there will no longer be a supporters bar within the stadium. Expect BTG to be relocated elsewhere.

Whatever it is, why is it being included in our stadium at the expense of supporter facilities?

I'm not overly familiar with the internal layout of our ground so I don't know how much dead space there is in total but it's a football ground first and foremost.

MartinfaePorty
01-03-2017, 03:45 PM
I know it's almost impossible to read every post on every thread, but this was mentioned in another thread a few days ago so wasn't news to me. Would have been good to let those affected know first, but maybe it wasn't possible and easier to do as part of a wider communication. Not trying to start an argument, but how many other stadiums have a lift?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ColinNish
01-03-2017, 03:55 PM
Whatever it is, why is it being included in our stadium at the expense of supporter facilities?

I'm not overly familiar with the internal layout of our ground so I don't know how much dead space there is in total but it's a football ground first and foremost.

Money talks I'm afraid. BTG and hospitality suites in FF are dead weight during the week and if they can lease this out to someone or something else to bring in money, then so be it. BTG is crap anyway.

Arch Stanton
01-03-2017, 03:55 PM

As opposed to not being a pub you mean? :greengrin

ColinNish
01-03-2017, 03:56 PM
As opposed to not being a pub you mean? :greengrin

Ha Ha, good yin. :greengrin

CapitalGreen
01-03-2017, 04:00 PM

The supporters bar is being relocated while the Health Hub will bring additional income into the club while also having added benefits to the greater community.

Johnny Clash
01-03-2017, 04:03 PM
Kinda assumes that said 'reps' should be looking after the interests of those requiring Upper FF lifts and not looking after the health of the fan base in general (especially sedentary fans such as yours truly).

Do they really have a mandate one way or another?

It's more about involving the reps at an earlier stage to give them the chance to gauge opinion from all concerned. Which would include those using the lift, the NHS health hub and the bar then report back to the board the various comments raised.

Quite often an initial proposal can be improved by ideas raised in this way. Leeann wants a more inclusive club which is exactly why Supporters Reps were introduced.

stuart-farquhar
01-03-2017, 04:04 PM
The supporters bar is being relocated while the Health Hub will bring additional income into the club while also having added benefits to the greater community.

What is a Health Hub?

stantonhibby
01-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Money talks I'm afraid. BTG and hospitality suites in FF are dead weight during the week and if they can lease this out to someone or something else to bring in money, then so be it. BTG is crap anyway.

Indeed and Leeann has been quite open about wanting more use made of the stadium on non matchdays.

Re BTG it serves a purpose and the idea of having a bar in the ground is great but I wish it was just a bit more 'pub-like'
Same problem exists though in that it will lie empty all week. Will be interested to see where it moves to, I assume to the West Stand and they'll rejig the hospitality somehow? I've not been in the East so no idea if it could be moved to there?

Billy Whizz
01-03-2017, 04:06 PM

Where do you think the BTG bar will go?

stuart-farquhar
01-03-2017, 04:16 PM
Anytime I've gone down outside match days i always think some sort of wee cafe would be nice at the stadium. Maybe when relocating bars it can be given some consideration.

Real Emerald
01-03-2017, 04:17 PM
Where do you think the BTG bar will go?

They better make sure there's room for the queues at the bars then! :greengrin

Joking apart I hope it's big enough. BTG bar must have had a hand in some of the pub closures in the surrounding area and there are very few places left to go to pre match. Out of town folk who come in cars need to get in early to get parked and it's a great place to meet up with friends before kick off and get a couple of pints and a bite to eat.

The way it's run is not the best but the facility needs to remain and it could do with being even bigger.

CockneyRebel
01-03-2017, 04:22 PM
]I dont realy see the problem[/B], its not like there wont be access to the stadium for those with mobility problems. The email even points out that the club will assist in relocating to suitable areas.

Probably cause you don't need the lift and it doesn't affect you?

Peevemor
01-03-2017, 04:27 PM
The health hub is part of a partnership between the club and the NHS. The decision to block access to the lift won't have been taken lightly, but while I appreciate that a (relatively small) number of people will be inconvenienced, all other parts of the stadium are accessible to wheelchair users (as well as others with mobility problems) and they've been invited to contact the club to find suitable solutions.

The health hub is a community initiative and something which should be applauded IMO. Change can sometimes be a pest, but you have to look at the bigger picture.

stantonhibby
01-03-2017, 04:31 PM
The health hub is part of a partnership between the club and the NHS. The decision to block access to the lift won't have been taken lightly, but while I appreciate that a (relatively small) number of people will be inconvenienced, all other parts of the stadium are accessible to wheelchair users (as well as others with mobility problems) and they've been invited to contact the club to find suitable solutions.

The health hub is a community initiative and something which should be applauded IMO. Change can sometimes be a pest, but you have to look at the bigger picture.

Agree with this.

johnbc70
Has anyone asked why the lift can't just be operated for the few hours required on match days, or have I missed some detail as to why not.

MyJo
Anytime I've gone down outside match days i always think some sort of wee cafe would be nice at the stadium. Maybe when relocating bars it can be given some consideration.

Would be cool to have a pop-up festival-style marquee set up for match days in the space behind the east stand. Have a couple of bars, food outlets and cafés along with seating for fans to gather and get a pint or coffee and a decent bite to eat.

CMurdoch
01-03-2017, 04:34 PM

correcto

Itsnoteasy
01-03-2017, 04:35 PM
I dont realy see the problem, its not like there wont be access to the stadium for those with mobility problems. The email even points out that the club will assist in relocating to suitable areas.

The people this affects are in the minority.
Yes the club will relocate them, but how many good seats will there be, given the high no of season ticket holders who will renew their seats.

Real Emerald
01-03-2017, 04:39 PM

It should be applauded but I was under the impression it was going to be in the South stand. There is loads of empty space in the stadium so why take away a function area and supporters bar to accommodate this?

Again, we're only going on hearsay so until we know the exact details it's all a bit hypothetical.

Peevemor
01-03-2017, 04:47 PM
It should be applauded but I was under the impression it was going to be in the South stand. There is loads of empty space in the stadium so why take away a function area and supporters bar to accommodate this?

Again, we're only going on hearsay so until we know the exact details it's all a bit hypothetical.
I doubt the club would spend money to relocate bars etc. If there was another viable option.

adhibs
01-03-2017, 04:52 PM
Probably cause you don't need the lift and it doesn't affect you?

It doesnt, but like i said it isnt like peoole who require the lift are being abandend by the club. If leanne sees this decision as bringing benefits, then surely thats more important than the exact location of the piece of hard plastic that people watch the game from.

hibee92
01-03-2017, 04:52 PM
Has the club considered people who purchase a season ticket who would unexpectedly require access to a lift at any point throughout the season? Anyone can pick up injuries/health issues at any point so this strikes me as a strange move from the club.

BoomtownHibees
01-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Has the club considered people who purchase a season ticket who would unexpectedly require access to a lift at any point throughout the season? Anyone can pick up injuries/health issues at any point so this strikes me as a strange move from the club.

What do these people do just now, if they're not in the Famous Five stand?

hibby6270
01-03-2017, 04:55 PM
Tell you what. They better not be thinking about closing the lift to the West Upper.
Yes. Health is important but for some old codgers, the lift in either FF Upper and West Upper is essential.
Also, and I might be wrong, are there not wheelchair spaces at the front of FF Upper. Surely a lift is a must for those fans?

Just Alf
01-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Has anyone asked why the lift can't just be operated for the few hours required on match days, or have I missed some detail as to why not.
This is a good point in fact most modern lifts can have floors locked out etc, why couldn't they do something like that while the stadium is open to fans on match days. Everyone is happy :D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

hibee
01-03-2017, 04:59 PM

It would appear they've not actually considered the people that already use it so I would imagine they've not considered possible future users either.

I don't agree with the view that it's only a few people so not an issue, what if one guy sits with a big group of mates and they don't all want to or can't move together, people who have had season tickets for 10/20 years get to know everyone around them and enjoy the day more because of that, they shouldn't be forced out by the club without being consulted.

hibbysam
01-03-2017, 05:04 PM
It would appear they've not actually considered the people that already use it so I would imagine they've not considered possible future users either.

I don't agree with the view that it's only a few people so not an issue, what if one guy sits with a big group of mates and they don't all want to or can't move together, people who have had season tickets for 10/20 years get to know everyone around them and enjoy the day more because of that, they shouldn't be forced out by the club without being consulted.

So the club should not consider new ventures because it would inconvenience one fan who wants to sit with his pals?? They club aren't stopping these guys attending so I fail to see any issue with this. Consultation = Leeann - 'mr season ticket holder we want to remove the lift, is this ok?'
STH - 'No I don't want to move stand'
Leeann - 'ok well we are removing access anyway'

Would be a total waste of time...

Alan62
01-03-2017, 05:15 PM
The Health Hub initiative is an extremely positive one and Leanne has been very open about this with supporters' groups and the media for quite some time.

Making the stadium's buildings more actively used is a good thing for the club both from a revenue perspective and from the impact it has on the wider community. While the development will require changes to the way the stand is fitted out and used, I think it will be in the long-term interests of the whole club.

Details here (and elsewhere if you Google). http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6268

Pete
01-03-2017, 05:22 PM
The Health Hub initiative is an extremely positive one and Leanne has been very open about this with supporters' groups and the media for quite some time.

Making the stadium's buildings more actively used is a good thing for the club both from a revenue perspective and from the impact it has on the wider community. While the development will require changes to the way the stand is fitted out and used, I think it will be in the long-term interests of the whole club.

Details here (and elsewhere if you Google). http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6268

This is all very well but what will the ground be like on a Saturday and what facilities for supporters are being added/relocated/taken away?

Are they doing away with all the hospitality/bar stuff in the FF?

I'm not criticising, I'm just intrigued as I'd actually prefer the FF to be less "organised".

Blaster
01-03-2017, 05:36 PM
This is all very well but what will the ground be like on a Saturday and what facilities for supporters are being added/relocated/taken away?

Are they doing away with all the hospitality/bar stuff in the FF?

I'm not criticising, I'm just intrigued as I'd actually prefer the FF to be less "organised".

I had read that a new supporters bar will be in one of the other stands instead. Hopefully that is correct

ruthven_raiders
01-03-2017, 06:04 PM
I had read that a new supporters bar will be in one of the other stands instead. Hopefully that is correct

That's what's been mentioned for the East stand, plenty space. What the cost is I don't know, maybe tied into any deal with the NHS takeover of North stand areas

Peevemor
01-03-2017, 06:14 PM
This is a good point in fact most modern lifts can have floors locked out etc, why couldn't they do something like that while the stadium is open to fans on match days. Everyone is happy :D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
I'd imagine that it's because access to the lift will be via the health hub, which won't be operated by the club and may well be closed on match days.

Pete
01-03-2017, 06:15 PM
That's what's been mentioned for the East stand, plenty space. What the cost is I don't know, maybe tied into any deal with the NHS takeover of North stand areas

Sounds interesting.

Maybe going off on a tangent but I'd complete the transformation by binning the family pricing in the FF and introducing it in the West lower.

The smaller seats would make it ideal and give the FF over to the radges a little bit more.

I'd also swap the comfy seats in the FF for green ones in the west upper.

BSEJVT
01-03-2017, 06:26 PM

Afaik the supporters reps "input" has been a one way street with them raising issues raised by fans

I haven't seen them being used as a conduit to test the water with the support over the clubs future plans

I can see why they haven't as it would have led to accusations of those contacted by the reps being treated preferentially

The whole thing is a mess and quite how Charlene thinks playing the populist card with the support as voting comes to and end is going to translate into a working relationship with the board she us criticising escapes me

Real Emerald
01-03-2017, 06:27 PM

I heard this also but got the feeling it was going to be a bit rustic, lots of standing instead of seats type place and just a small part of the East. For the vast majority of patrons that go to behind the goals just now a seat is essential. Just a rumour mind but when I heard it I thought it was going to be in addition to behind the goals so folk could choose, not instead of.

The club needs to clear things up as there may be ST holder regulars who really need the type of facility in BTG.

It may be a million times better though, we just don't know.

ruthven_raiders
01-03-2017, 06:33 PM
I heard this also but got the feeling it was going to be a bit rustic, lots of standing instead of seats type place and just a small part of the East. For the vast majority of patrons that go to behind the goals just now a seat is essential. Just a rumour mind but when I heard it I thought it was going to be in addition to behind the goals so folk could choose, not instead of.

The club needs to clear things up as there may be ST holder regulars who really need the type of facility in BTG.

It may be a million times better though, we just don't know.

A more rustic one for the East would be good, but agree they still need the BTG type bars also for us oldies and our kiddies

Radium
01-03-2017, 06:53 PM

As someone who sits up the top of the East, if I thought that I wouldn't be able to make the stairs, I would be contacting the club to see if I could relocate in the short term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peevemor
01-03-2017, 07:02 PM
As someone who sits up the top of the East, if I thought that I wouldn't be able to make the stairs, I would be contacting the club to see if I could relocate in the short term.

Faaaaar too simple. Better coming on here and moaning about it.

johnbc70
01-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Open the lift for a few short hours on game days, problem solved. What am I missing?

overdrive
01-03-2017, 07:51 PM
My dad and I both emailed LD complaining about the lift issue and the lack of consultation re the singing section. We suggested locking the health hub, etc. She replied today and phoned my dad this morning. According to my dad she gave a different reason over the phone as to why the lift was shutting. It is partly due to the health hub but she said that the lift was no longer fit for purpose and actually should have been closed this season!

Looks like we will be moving to the West even though we both detest sitting in side stands.

ColinNish
01-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Open the lift for a few short hours on game days, problem solved. What am I missing?

The lift will be in a part of the building that is being taken over by the NHS Health Hub and no access to fans.

ColinNish
01-03-2017, 08:20 PM
My dad and I both emailed LD complaining about the lift issue and the lack of consultation re the singing section. We suggested locking the health hub, etc. She replied today and phoned my dad this morning. According to my dad she gave a different reason over the phone as to why the lift was shutting. It is partly due to the health hub but she said that the lift was no longer fit for purpose and actually should have been closed this season!

Looks like we will be moving to the West even though we both detest sitting in side stands.

Can i ask, is the lift in question the one used to get into BTG or is there another lift in the FF?

overdrive
01-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Can i ask, is the lift in question the one used to get into BTG or is there another lift in the FF?

It is the same one.

ColinNish
01-03-2017, 08:37 PM
It is the same one.

Cheers

01-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Something not right about this!

First we're told lift is being closed because of a Health Hub. Then someone's told in a phone call that the lift should have been closed already. Which is it?

Why would the Health Hub restrict access? In this age of disability access is required in all buildings to allow full unrestricted access to all areas of the building. Surely a Health Hub would involve people needing disabled access, so why can't supporters get access on a matchday? Think the Club are going down a very dangerous route actively restricting access for this section of the support, especially when the facility has been there since the stand was built.

If it should have already been closed have people been given access to a faulty lift? Probably even more worrying!! If it is faulty get it sorted and arrange access for those who need it.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2017, 11:09 PM
I heard about this from someone on Saturday and just assumed it was a joke.

This move is completely unacceptable to myself as a disabled supporter who is confined to a wheelchair.

Although I don't sit in the FF stand, I regularly go into BTG before games and access it via the lift. Now if BTG is going to exist in any form next season and I'm unable to get to it because there's no lift then that is not a situation that I will find tolerable.

If BTG is being removed then that is a problem in itself especially when its replacement is a health club. It seems to be a very odd move and I hope the club are aware of the implications of such a decision.

I cannot understand why the club is going to make part of the stadium inaccessible to disabled people that is currently fully accessible.

Stantons Angel
01-03-2017, 11:11 PM
"The whole thing is a mess and quite how Charlene thinks playing the populist card with the support as voting comes to and end is going to translate into a working relationship with the board she us criticising escapes me[/QUOTE]"

I would some what agree with this trait of thinking?

This has been stated as being the final part of the partnership being put in place, but i am unsure if the poster has done any investigation in to the subject herself other than just popping up here and leaving an open question

It is just typical that the post started asking about lift access and ends up all about where the bar is being put?

Somewhere in between i hope there is an answer to her question that can be put to the board to answer?

01-03-2017, 11:59 PM
Just spent 15-20mins Googling current disability regs. This is a minefield and hope they know what they're doing!
From building regs, to council guides, to safety at sportsgrounds they all point to all areas need to be accessible and its not just wheelchair users. Ambulant disabled would be hugely effected by this. Quick scan of the regs can't see how they could possibly get away with restricting disabled access.

Sir David Gray
02-03-2017, 12:08 AM
Just spent 15-20mins Googling current disability regs. This is a minefield and hope they know what they're doing!
From building regs, to council guides, to safety at sportsgrounds they all point to all areas need to be accessible and its not just wheelchair users. Ambulant disabled would be hugely effected by this. Quick scan of the regs can't see how they could possibly get away with restricting disabled access.

:agree: Restricting access to an area of the stadium which is currently fully accessible to those with a disability is a pretty dangerous road to go down.

I would have thought that this would contravene the Disability Discrimination Act.

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2017, 12:36 AM
I'm a bit perplexed by this whole thing.

I'm a big supporter of any initiative Hibs get behind which is of benefit to the community, I think its good for the club's image and helps in its aim to be cemented in as an active part of the local area, which hopefully will encourage more support for the club.

But in my opinion nothing the club do in this area should be at the expense of the people who already give the club their support. It isn't just disabled fans who will be inconvenienced by this move, it will also be older fans who use the FF ... I've only just turned 57 and can verify just what a strenuous climb is required to get to FF upper, I'm willing to bet some of the older FF users will find the climb next to impossible. I don't accept 'the lift isn't fit for purpose anyway' reason for this .... if that's the case get it fixed or get it replaced.

BTG is a huge bar and is extremely popular with fans .... I would frankly be astonished if Hibs do not replace it. The idea was to maximize use of "under used parts of the stadium" not to deprive fans of facilities they already use within the stadium in order to push community engagement projects.

BTG has its faults, but the main one is its popularity which means you cant get a seat if you turn up at any time after 1:30pm ..... its one of the reasons I stopped going there, along with plastic glasses and the trek required to go for a fag. Even if Hibs found a way to keep it open on matchdays it clearly seems that it would be smaller than it is now and there would be no access to it for disabled fans, both of which would be entirely unacceptable.

If BTG is to be replaced both the west and south stands are a no go as far as I can see, where in the west would there be room for a new bar anything like the size of BTG? ........ The south is too close to the away fans entrance, I doubt the police would fail to object to a licence for a supporters bar in that part of the stadium, at least not for home fans.

That leaves the east stand ... there is scope to build a new bar there by adding a first floor, but any bar would have to be at least as big, in fact bigger, than the existing BTG ... that way hopefully more folk could get a seat. It would have to be more Hibbyfied than the current BTG too, which if you didn't know was part of ER stadium would be hard to associate with the club ... where are the pictures of Hibs heroes, celebrating Hibs fans or even the clubs badge in the current bar? ..... it sure needs them?

But then what about the cost? ....... If Hibs are going to stump up to fit out the east, which would require new stairways, entrances, definitely a lift, new windows facing out the back, bars and of course the new floor itself ... then in order to facilitate the NHS hub in the FF Hibs wouldn't just be giving away facilities for free, they would be paying a fortune to give them away.

Whatever is going on its getting near time now where Hibs are going to have to give fans an idea of what the hell the end game is, especially now that they have got to the stage of inconveniencing supporters, how many supporters that amounts to is immaterial. Hibs is a football club and nothing they do should impact on the people that give it life, IMO that line has already been crossed with the lift issue, reducing the size and access for the disabled to BTG would be unacceptable ..... getting rid of BTG and failing to replace it at all would be utterly unforgivable in my opinion and make an utter mockery of this particular 'community' project.

The Hibernian community in the form of the clubs active support comes first before ANYTHING now and always, do not mess with it ..... over to you Leeann :I'm waiti

jgl07
02-03-2017, 12:46 AM
My season ticket is on the back row of the FF Upper and its not getting any easier for me to climb up this far at my age. I never knew there was a lift up there in the first place. It would only take me half way up anyway!

OK so a few people might have to be relocated. I may have to relocate myself in the near future.

The club seem to be trying to move the 'singing section' to the FF Upper. I don't mind as long as they are in the opposite end of the FF to me! Correction, I applaud the club for taking the initiative.

Other on here wanted to displace the entire FF Lower section to make a 'safe standing' area that is probably no legal until the Celtic experiment has been evaluated. Given the club a break please.

macca70
02-03-2017, 06:01 AM
What about folk that need to use the lift to access the new Simging Section? Or did this mean they can't be part of the singing section?

I am assuming they are not disabling the lift and putting it out of commission. It is literally 5 metres from the FF Upper concorse so what's actually going to be happening to make it inaccessible on matchdays?

Nakedmanoncrack
02-03-2017, 06:35 AM
I'm a bit perplexed by this whole thing.

I'm a big supporter of any initiative Hibs get behind which is of benefit to the community, I think its good for the club's image and helps in its aim to be cemented in as an active part of the local area, which hopefully will encourage more support for the club.

But in my opinion nothing the club do in this area should be at the expense of the people who already give the club their support. It isn't just disabled fans who will be inconvenienced by this move, it will also be older fans who use the FF ... I've only just turned 57 and can verify just what a strenuous climb is required to get to FF upper, I'm willing to bet some of the older FF users will find the climb next to impossible. I don't accept 'the lift isn't fit for purpose anyway' reason for this .... if that's the case get it fixed or get it replaced.

BTG is a huge bar and is extremely popular with fans .... I would frankly be astonished if Hibs do not replace it. The idea was to maximize use of "under used parts of the stadium" not to deprive fans of facilities they already use within the stadium in order to push community engagement projects.

BTG has its faults, but the main one is its popularity which means you cant get a seat if you turn up at any time after 1:30pm ..... its one of the reasons I stopped going there, along with plastic glasses and the trek required to go for a fag. Even if Hibs found a way to keep it open on matchdays it clearly seems that it would be smaller than it is now and there would be no access to it for disabled fans, both of which would be entirely unacceptable.

If BTG is to be replaced both the west and south stands are a no go as far as I can see, where in the west would there be room for a new bar anything like the size of BTG? ........ The south is too close to the away fans entrance, I doubt the police would fail to object to a licence for a supporters bar in that part of the stadium, at least not for home fans.

That leaves the east stand ... there is scope to build a new bar there by adding a first floor, but any bar would have to be at least as big, in fact bigger, than the existing BTG ... that way hopefully more folk could get a seat. It would have to be more Hibbyfied than the current BTG too, which if you didn't know was part of ER stadium would be hard to associate with the club ... where are the pictures of Hibs heroes, celebrating Hibs fans or even the clubs badge in the current bar? ..... it sure needs them?

But then what about the cost? ....... If Hibs are going to stump up to fit out the east, which would require new stairways, entrances, definitely a lift, new windows facing out the back, bars and of course the new floor itself ... then in order to facilitate the NHS hub in the FF Hibs wouldn't just be giving away facilities for free, they would be paying a fortune to give them away.

Whatever is going on its getting near time now where Hibs are going to have to give fans an idea of what the hell the end game is, especially now that they have got to the stage of inconveniencing supporters, how many supporters that amounts to is immaterial. Hibs is a football club and nothing they do should impact on the people that give it life, IMO that line has already been crossed with the lift issue, reducing the size and access for the disabled to BTG would be unacceptable ..... getting rid of BTG and failing to replace it at all would be utterly unforgivable in my opinion and make an utter mockery of this particular 'community' project.

The Hibernian community in the form of the clubs active support comes first before ANYTHING now and always, do not mess with it ..... over to you Leeann :I'm waiti

Spot on, and the fact that plans are apparently at such an advanced stage, yet despite all the avenues of communication open to then, the club have left us supporters in the dark as to what's actually going on is totally unacceptable.

Peevemor
02-03-2017, 07:03 AM
I think people are over reacting to this and moaning about stuff they know nothing about.

Hibs have managed to entirely rebuild the stadium, including various function suites, offices, etc., without falling foul of the disabled access regs. Does anyone really believe that these issues aren't being addressed?

If the new health hub is being put under the FF stand as opposed to elsewhere, there will be a good reason for it.

If BTG is to be relocated then it will be accessible and, given the progress that's been made recently in suppporter relations, I'd be surprised if it's not an improvement on the existing set-up.

I sympathise with those affected by the lift/FF upper issue, but why not wait and see what's being proposed before going off on one? Sometimes you have to "take one for the team"

Sir David Gray
02-03-2017, 07:10 AM
I think people are over reacting to this and moaning about stuff they know nothing about.

Hibs have managed to entirely rebuild the stadium, including various function suites, offices, etc., without falling foul of the disabled access regs. Does anyone really believe that these issues aren't being addressed?

If the new health hub is being put under the FF stand as opposed to elsewhere, there will be a good reason for it.

If BTG is to be relocated then it will be accessible and, given the progress that's been made recently in suppporter relations, I'd be surprised if it's not an improvement on the existing set-up.

I sympathise with those affected by the lift/FF upper issue, but why not wait and see what's being proposed before going off on one? Sometimes you have to "take one for the team"

What does "take one for the team" mean?

This proposal means that an area of the stadium which is currently fully accessible to all is going to be inaccessible to those with mobility issues from next season.

That appears to be a fact unless I'm missing something and if that is the case then I find that extremely poor, particularly since the decision looks like it's already been made with little to no engagement between the club and the supporters beforehand.

BSEJVT
02-03-2017, 07:15 AM
"The whole thing is a mess and quite how Charlene thinks playing the populist card with the support as voting comes to and end is going to translate into a working relationship with the board she us criticising escapes me"

This has been stated as being the final part of the partnership being put in place, but i am unsure if the poster has done any investigation in to the subject herself other than just popping up here and leaving an open question

It is just typical that the post started asking about lift access and ends up all about where the bar is being put?

Somewhere in between I hope there is an answer to her question that can be put to the board to answer?[/QUOTE]

I hope that if Charlene does win a seat that she begins to understand the doctrine of Corporate responsibility.

At the moment she is outside the board criticising everything which is always an easier job than being inside the board making tough but imperfect decisions and then sitting back and taking the flak.

Charlene fires off like a loose cannon without apparently ever taking the time to gather the facts and look at the wider picture of what the club may be trying to achieve and within what constraints. I have my doubts whether she would be able to withstand that criticism without some ill advised retort.

To call some of her ill conceived posts on here shameless vote gathering would be underplaying their intention.

I have been pretty critical of the whole charade as IMO it doesn't and can never work. Frank & Amit have IMO done sterling work, but its not the work I thought they were recruited for.

I wouldn't be unhappy if the idea were consigned to the bin after the new incumbents have served their term.

Peevemor
02-03-2017, 07:43 AM
What does "take one for the team" mean?

This proposal means that an area of the stadium which is currently fully accessible to all is going to be inaccessible to those with mobility issues from next season.

That appears to be a fact unless I'm missing something and if that is the case then I find that extremely poor, particularly since the decision looks like it's already been made with little to no engagement between the club and the supporters beforehand.

If the decision has been made, do you think it's one that's been taken lightly? If, for whatever reason, there is no option but to locate health hub under the FF (and barring access to the lift on match days) then no amount of fan consultation will change that.

On looking here (excellent site by the way!)

http://www.hdsa.org.uk/accessibility-at-easter-road-famous-five-north-stand/

There are 16 wheelchair places in the East, 14 in the West and 11 in the FF - only 3 of which are in the upper section.

As I already said, I do sympathise with those that may have to sit elsewhere (obviously not just wheelchair users), but do you think it's reasonable to block a worthy community project for the sake of 3 wheelchair places, when there are already 38 elsewhere?

macca70
02-03-2017, 07:47 AM
"

Somewhere in between I hope there is an answer to her question that can be put to the board to answer?

I hope that if Charlene does win a seat that she begins to understand the doctrine of Corporate responsibility.

At the moment she is outside the board criticising everything which is always an easier job than being inside the board making tough but imperfect decisions and then sitting back and taking the flak.

Charlene fires off like a loose cannon without apparently ever taking the time to gather the facts and look at the wider picture of what the club may be trying to achieve and within what constraints. I have my doubts whether she would be able to withstand that criticism without some ill advised retort.

To call some of her ill conceived posts on here shameless vote gathering would be underplaying their intention.

I have been pretty critical of the whole charade as IMO it doesn't and can never work. Frank & Amit have IMO done sterling work, but its not the work I thought they were recruited for.

I wouldn't be unhappy if the idea were consigned to the bin after the new incumbents have served their term.[/QUOTE]

But I thought the role of the fans rep was exactly this, mingle with fans using various methods of communication, not disputing what Amit and Frank do but only time we have heard from them in 2 years is now at reelection time.

The purpose of the fans rep is to do exactly what Charlene has done here, highlight issues affecting the fans/club, gauge fan opinion so it can be taken to a board meeting. Not to sit cosy in a board meeting blending into the background eating tea & scones and pitching up on match days with a club suit and tie on!!

macca70
02-03-2017, 07:54 AM
If the decision has been made, do you think it's one that's been taken lightly? If, for whatever reason, there is no option but to locate health hub under the FF (and barring access to the lift on match days) then no amount of fan consultation will change that.

There are 16 wheelchair places in the East, 14 in the West and 11 in the FF - only 3 of which are in the upper section.

As I already said, I do sympathise with those that may have to sit elsewhere (obviously not just wheelchair users), but do you think it's reasonable to block a worthy community project for the sake of 3 wheelchair places, when there are already 38 elsewhere?

What is the community project? I think this is the issue, we haven't been given any informations, maybe if folk were told they would be more sympathetic. the primary function of the stadium is to facilitate the club and more importantly the paying fans and community facilities shouldn't be at the detriment of season ticket holders

Sir David Gray
02-03-2017, 07:56 AM

I would like to have seen the club communicating with those it will affect prior to making any definite decisions. As you've admitted yourself, it doesn't just affect the 3 fans in wheelchairs who use this section.

If, after having those discussions, an agreement was made on the way forward between all parties then fair enough but it doesn't look like that's happened.

Also some of those wheelchair spaces are at ground level and I know from personal experience that I wouldn't be happy to move from a seat in the upper section of the FF stand to one at ground level.

Real Emerald
02-03-2017, 07:59 AM

But why should a health hub come before supporters facilities? If that's the case you could build a health centre and a Lidl and have the disused space used 7 days a week. The priority has to be the fans and the football club. I have no problem using unused parts of the stadium for these things but this seems a bit odd. It's also not just people in wheelchairs who need to use the lift either. Them and the friends they go with and have done for years!

ColinNish
02-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Is it just me or do folk come on here, only read the opening post then fire in with a reply/moan? Numerous times posters have asked "why's the lift been closed", "why can't it be open on matchdays" etc etc, with reasons being given but they still keep asking. Folk moaning about where's BTG gonna go, I'm no happy if it's gonna shut.

Moaning for moanings sake imo.

Someone else mentioned Hibs "giving" the FF area to the NHS health hub. I'd be very surprised at that. AFAIK the "BTG" bar will be relocated. Whether that is put in the West, in the East or (as I have heard) built in the waste ground between East and FF.

I feel sorry for the folk that use the lift and the inconvenience this is going to cause them. But change is good, you can't sit still in this day and age and the club have to evolve and find new revenue streams.

Sir David Gray
02-03-2017, 08:05 AM
Is it just me or do folk come on here, only read the opening post then fire in with a reply/moan? Numerous times posters have asked "why's the lift been closed", "why can't it be open on matchdays" etc etc, with reasons being given but they still keep asking. Folk moaning about where's BTG gonna go, I'm no happy if it's gonna shut.

Moaning for moanings sake imo.

Someone else mentioned Hibs "giving" the FF area to the NHS health hub. I'd be very surprised at that. AFAIK the "BTG" bar will be relocated. Whether that is put in the West, in the East or (as I have heard) built in the waste ground between East and FF.

I feel sorry for the folk that use the lift and the inconvenience this is going to cause them. But change is good, you can't sit still in this day and age and the club have to evolve and find new revenue streams.

It's easy to make comments like that when it's going to have absolutely no affect on you.

CapitalGreen
02-03-2017, 08:05 AM
But why should a health hub come before supporters facilities? If that's the case you could build a health centre and a Lidl and have the disused space used 7 days a week. The priority has to be the fans and the football club. I have no problem using unused parts of the stadium for these things but this seems a bit odd. It's also not just people in wheelchairs who need to use the lift either. Them and the friends they go with and have done for years!

What if the income from having the Health Hub located in North stand funds the further improvement of supporters facilities?

Real Emerald
02-03-2017, 08:13 AM
What if the income from having the Health Hub located in North stand funds the further improvement of supporters facilities?

I've no idea but the income may also fall if supporters stop going because they've lost their facilities.

I may be wrong here but I don't think Hibs are making any money from the NHS hub. I thought it was more of a goodwill gesture for the community from the club?

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2017, 08:26 AM
Nobody likes change, but it's inevitable. I loved it when the local shop was open, but it closed and i have to go a little bit further for a pint of milk and a loaf of bread.

There will be a seat somewhere else in the ground where anyone who's affected by this can sit, and if there's another place built to have a beer before the game then great, if not then we will just have to make other arrangements.

How did folk manage before BTG was built?

Real Emerald
02-03-2017, 08:51 AM
Nobody likes change, but it's inevitable. I loved it when the local shop was open, but it closed and i have to go a little bit further for a pint of milk and a loaf of bread.

There will be a seat somewhere else in the ground where anyone who's affected by this can sit, and if there's another place built to have a beer before the game then great, if not then we will just have to make other arrangements.

How did folk manage before BTG was built?

I went to the Coopers Rest, now closed, then the Albion Bar, now closed, then the Loch Inn, now closed. Maybe have to sit in the Health Hub pre match from now on, which may not be a bad thing! 😊

The health hub may serve a better pint!

Billy Whizz
02-03-2017, 08:52 AM
I've no idea but the income may also fall if supporters stop going because they've lost their facilities.

I may be wrong here but I don't think Hibs are making any money from the NHS hub. I thought it was more of a goodwill gesture for the community from the club?

Maybe no rent, but they may be able to safe money on business rates

ColinNish
02-03-2017, 09:06 AM
It's easy to make comments like that when it's going to have absolutely no affect on you.

How do you know whether it affects me at not? It does affect me, but I'm not gonna sit at my keyboard and blooming moan about it. It's happening, accept it. Change is good. It's not like there aren't other places disabled supporters can sit.

FranckSuzy
02-03-2017, 09:18 AM
After reading this thread, IMHO, the main 'gripe' appears to be that some fans who may be affected by this change do not feel they have been consulted properly and have found out about the proposals 'by accident'. I would have hoped, given the advanced stage these plans seem to be at, that this would have been a priority for the Club and hope it will be rectified sharpish so it puts their minds at ease and a suitable compromise can be found :aok:

BSEJVT
02-03-2017, 09:19 AM

I wouldn't be unhappy if the idea were consigned to the bin after the new incumbents have served their term.

But I thought the role of the fans rep was exactly this, mingle with fans using various methods of communication, not disputing what Amit and Frank do but only time we have heard from them in 2 years is now at reelection time.

The purpose of the fans rep is to do exactly what Charlene has done here, highlight issues affecting the fans/club, gauge fan opinion so it can be taken to a board meeting. Not to sit cosy in a board meeting blending into the background eating tea & scones and pitching up on match days with a club suit and tie on!![/QUOTE]

Sorry the quotes thingy is all over the place at the minute!

The Fans Rep remit as I understand it is to highlight issues brought to her by the fans, not to run and publicise their individual agendas

Charlene seems to be taking them to another level of her own back

Whether anyone likes it or not there are protocols to be followed

Imagine you are the current executive board, how are you going to feel about the possibility of one of the board, running their own Agenda and blabbering off about a'thing and any'thing

In the olden days in many industries management and unions hated each other but they found a way to work together for the common good.

I sit on the board of our parent company and when I have a point to male I make it and forcibly

What I don't do is criticise the rest of the board publicly because they believe a different approach is needed.

I certainly wouldn't do it without having an in depth knowledge of the subject matter and the considerations reached in the decision.

I suspect if I did my credibility wouldn't last long, which is where I am with Charlene.

ColinNish
02-03-2017, 09:38 AM

The Fans Rep remit as I understand it is to highlight issues brought to her by the fans, not to run and publicise their individual agendas

Imagine you are the current executive board, how are you going to feel about the possibility of one of the board, running their own Agenda and blabbering off about a'thing and any'thing

In the olden days in many industries management and unions hated each other but they found a way to work together for the common good.

I sit on the board of our parent company and when I have a point to male I make it and forcibly

What I don't do is criticise the rest of the board publicly because they believe a different approach is needed.

I certainly wouldn't do it without having an in depth knowledge of the subject matter and the considerations reached in the decision.

I suspect if I did my credibility wouldn't last long, which is where I am with Charlene.

She's no half ruffled some feathers on here with her opening post.

Tamhere1875
02-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Would you rather the club used the lifts knowing that they where not working right ( lift engineers have been in to look and sort them over the past few months 6 times) or just let them be used and put people's safety at risk. The lady who started this post should get her facts right before coming on here and posting stuff that's far from the truth as she has done a few times. BTW it was nice to see at least one of the candidates for the fans rep was at Paisley last night.

HappyAsHellas
02-03-2017, 09:58 AM
The only thing on this thread that really surprises me is the fact that we have wheelchair users in the upper level of the FF. What would happen in an emergency situation when the lift was not allowed to be used? An elderly relative was wheelchair bound for years, and I can't think of a venue be it theatre, cinema or whatever when she could go upstairs.:dunno:

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2017, 10:10 AM
How do you know whether it affects me at not? It does affect me, but I'm not gonna sit at my keyboard and blooming moan about it. It's happening, accept it. Change is good. It's not like there aren't other places disabled supporters can sit.

Any supporter has every right to voice their opinion on an issue that affects them especially if they feel it has not been communicated correctly. Why you have to label their posts as a blooming moan is a mystery. Change is good? It may well be or it may not be for some.

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2017, 10:14 AM
The only thing on this thread that really surprises me is the fact that we have wheelchair users in the upper level of the FF. What would happen in an emergency situation when the lift was not allowed to be used? An elderly relative was wheelchair bound for years, and I can't think of a venue be it theatre, cinema or whatever when she could go upstairs.:dunno:

Exactly the same as happens in any venue where wheelchairs are located on upper floors like hotels for example, there is a procedure in place to deal with it. For example places of refuge or evacuation chairs.

offshorehibby
02-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Hi all,

I have a couple of issues with the latest way you are going about bashing Hibs.

Have you set about calling it a health club on purpose. A health club is were i would be heading to do a bit of exercise. This is a NHS run 'health hub' more of a health centre. This plan has been on the table for about a year now.

You say you only heard of this through an email updating you of the singing section. I guess it's the same email i have from LD, sent out on to promote the new season ticket. Out lining several initiatives. Some still to be finalised.

The Club is currently working in partnership to deliver a transformational Health Hub based at Easter Road and it is planned that the Hub will be located in what operates now as the Famous Five hospitality suites. We are in the final processes of this partnership, which will include a review of the Behind the Goals matchday bar, and we’ll publish more information on this when we can.

You seem to pick and choose the facts.

Hibernian FC decided to go down the community club route over 3 years ago, with Hibernian community foundation already doing a lot of good work. It was always going to progress, if people had issues with this initiative concerns should have been raised from day one.

Johnny Clash
02-03-2017, 10:23 AM

The purpose of the fans rep is to do exactly what Charlene has done here, highlight issues affecting the fans/club, gauge fan opinion so it can be taken to a board meeting. Not to sit cosy in a board meeting blending into the background eating tea & scones and pitching up on match days with a club suit and tie on!!

I suspect if I did my credibility wouldn't last long, which is where I am with Charlene.[/QUOTE]

I totally disagree with your posts mate (BSEJVT) . A reasonable concern about lack of consultation with the support has been raised in this thread with opinions sought. Seriously - how can anyone object to that? That's exactly what a rep (or in this case a prospective rep) is meant to do.

I don't doubt for a second that you sit on a board of your parent company but were you elected by the workforce to represent their interests?

The Supporters Reps are elected by Hibs supporters who are in our data base NOT appointed. As elected representatives they should therefore be accountable for their actions (or lack of actions) to their electorate and report back to the fans.

I do find it hard to understand that we currently have two elected Supporters Reps but I do not believe we have heard anything from them about these issues. You might see this silence as 'corporate responsibility' but I think the lack of consultation/information is a bit of a concern.

BSEJVT
02-03-2017, 10:23 AM
She's no half ruffled some feathers on here with her opening post.

This and a few of her other ill judged interjections

Never heard of till standing as a candidate and then hey presto on everything and every cause

Happy to ride roughshod over the club and some of its long standing supporter groups without bothering to take the time to research the issues or the protocols in the name of self promotion.

I wouldn't have Charlene on the committee of the BB's let alone on Hibs board

Completely transparent

C Feeney-Seale
02-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Obviously, there are a range of views on this, but it does seem that there hasn't been a lot of information out there.
As I said in my first post, I'm not affected by this myself, but I've heard from a few people who are. If you'd held your seat in the FF upper for decades, I think you'd understandably be frustrated to learn you couldn't renew next season in the same place at the time renewals go on sale.

Surely engaging with fans slightly earlier would have managed this better - of course if the club want to make the change then some people might have to be moved, but since engagement hasn't taken place it seems the club might not know how many are impacted by this.

Some people might be happy to move - others love sitting in the same place, with the same group they have for many many years. Given the club are looking to engage better with the support, this is the type of communication that could have been in place earlier.

Peevemor
02-03-2017, 10:58 AM
Obviously, there are a range of views on this, but it does seem that there hasn't been a lot of information out there.
As I said in my first post, I'm not affected by this myself, but I've heard from a few people who are. If you'd held your seat in the FF upper for decades, I think you'd understandably be frustrated to learn you couldn't renew next season in the same place at the time renewals go on sale.

Surely engaging with fans slightly earlier would have managed this better - of course if the club want to make the change then some people might have to be moved, but since engagement hasn't taken place it seems the club might not know how many are impacted by this.

Some people might be happy to move - others love sitting in the same place, with the same group they have for many many years. Given the club are looking to engage better with the support, this is the type of communication that could have been in place earlier.

We're 6 months from the start of next season. What difference would it have made if they'd announced things earlier?

Tamhere1875
02-03-2017, 11:00 AM
When people where renewing this years season ticket there was a line at the bottom of said letter that in the future these seats may not be available due to things happening in ffstand

Stantons Angel
02-03-2017, 11:03 AM

The point that worries me about the post is ..... did you check with the club and see if there was any communication with the upper famous five supporters?

Its all very well being "told" about this and that but you have to have both sides of the story if you are to broadcast it on social media like this. OR you will get pages and pages of debate some relevant and some not so relevant as this trail of posts shows.

Im all for the candidates for election coming on to the board and giving their views but these should be views that can be backed up with exactly what happened from the beginning of the Hub to it being brought into action.

This job is about people not business in the sense of other boards people may sit on or manage. Im one of those people and like a lot of them I like to be kept up to date with what is going on but not to the detriment of the club polices or vision for the future.

This is just how I see things and may differ from a lot of people but its always good to talk!

Greenworld
02-03-2017, 11:08 AM
After reading this thread, IMHO, the main 'gripe' appears to be that some fans who may be affected by this change do not feel they have been consulted properly and have found out about the proposals 'by accident'. I would have hoped, given the advanced stage these plans seem to be at, that this would have been a priority for the Club and hope it will be rectified sharpish so it puts their minds at ease and a suitable compromise can be found :aok:
I think confidentiality issues may be preventing the club saying more at this stage.
I know that the Health Hub is one major proposal and I understand the club has been looking at further development of the ground until these things are signed off or dismissed as not happening then they can't say much.
This to me is not really a fan issue we will just have to wait and see what LD has in mind.[emoji102] [emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Johnny Clash
02-03-2017, 11:08 AM
We're 6 months from the start of next season. What difference would it have made if they'd announced things earlier?

The point is consulting the Hibs support not just announcing decisions that have already been made. Your views may not be acted upon but at least you would have been heard.

Dealing with this earlier would have given time for your views to be considered by the board and appropriate feedback to the fans would then clarify whether removing access to the FF lift is indeed a matter of it being knacked or whether it's because it will be in the NHS Health Hub so we no longer get access. Either way I'm sure alternative ideas could find a reasonable solution.

Stantons Angel
02-03-2017, 11:14 AM
i think confidentiality issues may be preventing the club saying more at this stage.
I know that the health hub is one major proposal and i understand the club has been looking at further development of the ground until these things are signed off or dismissed as not happening then they can't say much.
This to me is not really a fan issue we will just have to wait and see what ld has in mind.[emoji102] [emoji102]

sent from my sm-g903f using tapatalk

exactly!

ColinNish
02-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Any supporter has every right to voice their opinion on an issue that affects them especially if they feel it has not been communicated correctly. Why you have to label their posts as a blooming moan is a mystery. Change is good? It may well be or it may not be for some.

I'm pretty confident that there are a fair few on here who have "voiced their opinion" (moaned) that this has no affect on whatsoever.

C Feeney-Seale
02-03-2017, 01:08 PM
The point that worries me about the post is ..... did you check with the club and see if there was any communication with the upper famous five supporters?

Its all very well being "told" about this and that but you have to have both sides of the story if you are to broadcast it on social media like this. OR you will get pages and pages of debate some relevant and some not so relevant as this trail of posts shows.

Im all for the candidates for election coming on to the board and giving their views but these should be views that can be backed up with exactly what happened from the beginning of the Hub to it being brought into action.

This job is about people not business in the sense of other boards people may sit on or manage. Im one of those people and like a lot of them I like to be kept up to date with what is going on but not to the detriment of the club polices or vision for the future.

This is just how I see things and may differ from a lot of people but its always good to talk!

On the specific point about communication with those who sit in the famous five upper - I can safely say there has been no communication as I sit in the FF upper along with my family and friends, as do many of the people who have asked me what is going on about this. This email is the first mention of the lift being removed/ closed.

Tamhere1875
02-03-2017, 01:15 PM
Are you not "jumping the gun" saying what you would do when you have not been appointed as a fans rep/ director yet or is there something you know that would have you make the statement and posts you have made on here and other Internet sites ?

C Feeney-Seale
02-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Are you not "jumping the gun" saying what you would do when you have not been appointed as a fans rep/ director yet or is there something you know that would have you make the statement and posts you have made on here and other Internet sites ?

I'm sorry, what exactly makes you say I've jumped the gun?

In my original post I've asked if anyone has heard anything about this, I can't see an issue with asking that?

Where exactly have I said what I'd do?

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2017, 03:25 PM
I'm pretty confident that there are a fair few on here who have "voiced their opinion" (moaned) that this has no affect on whatsoever.

Yet you directly responded to a poster who has already declared he is a wheelchair user!

ColinNish
02-03-2017, 07:04 PM
Yet you directly responded to a poster who has already declared he is a wheelchair user!

Whoosh!!!
I replied to him because he had a pop at me, not knowing anything about me and whether this affected me.

ColinNish
02-03-2017, 07:05 PM
On the specific point about communication with those who sit in the famous five upper - I can safely say there has been no communication as I sit in the FF upper along with my family and friends, as do many of the people who have asked me what is going on about this. This email is the first mention of the lift being removed/ closed.
Why would you be contacted about this unless you sit in seats affected by the singing section or are have a disabled ticket.

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2017, 07:07 PM
I think confidentiality issues may be preventing the club saying more at this stage.
I know that the Health Hub is one major proposal and I understand the club has been looking at further development of the ground until these things are signed off or dismissed as not happening then they can't say much.
This to me is not really a fan issue we will just have to wait and see what LD has in mind.[emoji102] [emoji102]

The days of fans tolerating being expected to turn up, pay up and shut up are long gone mate ..... especially now that clubs, not least our own, are going down the road of fan ownership.

Everything to do with Hibs is a fan issue .... especially when its a club initiative which is not football related but is having an affect on some fans ability to watch the game from their preferred seats and also on a popular stadium facility which we are not yet being told is actually either going to be available for future use or if not is going to be replaced.

Greenworld
02-03-2017, 07:13 PM
The days of fans tolerating being expected to turn up, pay up and shut up are long gone mate ..... especially now that clubs, not least our own, are going down the road of fan ownership.

Everything to do with Hibs is a fan issue .... especially when its a club initiative which is not football related but is having an affect on some fans ability to watch the game from their preferred seats and also on a popular stadium facility which we are not yet being told is actually either going to be available for future use or if not is going to be replaced.
I hear what your saying however some things can be sensitive just say for instance premier Inn or someone similar was thinking of building a hotel at our stadium which would be wonderful I don't think you could expect a running commentry on it to be fair

Betty Boop
02-03-2017, 07:13 PM

:top marks

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2017, 07:33 PM
Whoosh!!!
I replied to him because he had a pop at me, not knowing anything about me and whether this affected me.

It's no whoosh moment at all so settle yourself and remember that not every opinion you disagree with is a moan!

ColinNish
02-03-2017, 07:42 PM
It's no whoosh moment at all so settle yourself and remember that not every opinion you disagree with is a moan!

Settle myself? What are you talking about?
There are loads of folk moaning on here, asking questions that have already been answered. Why they cant read a thread before moaning about stuff is beyond me.

ColinNish
02-03-2017, 07:49 PM
This is the sort of confrontations you will be up against as a fans rep! Taking the "pop"s and the way you respond to them will be part of how you are judged by these supporters. Not everyone is going to know you or you them when and if they approach you with their grumps. Because you personally were not advised of what was happening but "told" by others would alert me to some sort of investigation into it before putting it up for a free for all on here.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. I'll bear that in mind if i ever run for fans rep. Which will be never. :greengrin

Stantons Angel
02-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Thanks for your reply. I'll bear that in mind if i ever run for fans rep. Which will be never. :greengrin
This is why i wont be running either. Too tired to make any sense of things.... he he!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Stantons Angel
02-03-2017, 08:17 PM

Please see below, I hope this helps

Tamhere1875

When people where renewing this years season ticket there was a line at the bottom of said letter that in the future these seats may not be available due to things happening in ff stand.

(taken from Tamhere 1875 post)

GreenArmyyy!
02-03-2017, 09:30 PM
I don't blame Charlene for what she is doing as she is obviously just doing anything and everything to get votes which is fine. At the end of the day that's what elections are about, winning at all costs.

The realisation that I've come to though is if she is elected it's going to be impossible for her to be an effective Fans Rep. The reason for this is the club will be fully aware of the scatter gun approach she has taken to a host of subjects all over different forms of social media.

Hibs have not and never will operate in that way therefore she will never be privy to any form of knowledge that would be valuable as Hibs just won't take the risk that'll Charlene won't go all guns blazing and start revealing plans at an early stage etc.

Real Emerald
02-03-2017, 09:51 PM
I don't blame Charlene for what she is doing as she is obviously just doing anything and everything to get votes which is fine. At the end of the day that's what elections are about, winning at all costs.

The realisation that I've come to though is if she is elected it's going to be impossible for her to be an effective Fans Rep. The reason for this is the club will be fully aware of the scatter gun approach she has taken to a host of subjects all over different forms of social media.

Hibs have not and never will operate in that way therefore she will never be privy to any form of knowledge that would be valuable as Hibs just won't take the risk that'll Charlene won't go all guns blazing and start revealing plans at an early stage etc.

I've no idea of who Charlene is, her intentions or ways of working. One thing I do know through experience is that people who sit on boards or committees tend to go on with good intentions to get things done and represent the people they serve. What inevitability happens is they get brow beaten to conform to the party line and end up no use to the people they represent. Usually the best ones are the loose canons!

Andy74
02-03-2017, 09:59 PM

Agreed. Not been impressed with her approach at all.

I think I preferred it when people employed to make decisions could get on with it without everyone thinking they should be represented and consulted!

Pretty Boy
02-03-2017, 10:02 PM
The sooner this election is over the better. Sick of it and wouldn't be sorry to see the whole supporters reps idea shelved after the next 2 years are up.

oldbutdim
02-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Agreed. Not been impressed with her approach at all.

I think I preferred it when people employed to make decisions could get on with it without everyone thinking they should be represented and consulted!

A disgracefully old fashioned approach.

With which not surprisingly, I find myself in entire agreement.

Particularly when many think that 'consulting' means some sort of democratic process, or majority vote.

:thumbsup:

oldbutdim
02-03-2017, 10:08 PM
The sooner this election is over the better. Sick of it and wouldn't be sorry to see the whole supporters reps idea shelved after the next 2 years are up.

Blimey.

Two posts in quick succession that I find myself agreeing with.

I must be slipping..................:confused:

Real Emerald
02-03-2017, 10:13 PM

I agree 👍

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2017, 10:21 PM

Agreed, I think the whole voting process is too long and leads to petty sniping and cheap shots which devalue the whole process.

Johnny Clash
02-03-2017, 11:02 PM
mmmmmmh.... strange old world... folk getting worn out with a relatively painless election process to have a couple of reps sit on the Hibs board to raise our issues. To be honest I see more point in having reps than merely relying on social media sites where supporters constantly raise issues and ideas but with next to no chance of achieving anything.

I've seen posters say things over the years like 'hope your reading this ... Rod, Leeann, Stubbsy, Lennon... etc' so surely it's better getting whatever point you're making raised at a meeting through your elected reps?

Mibbes Aye
03-03-2017, 01:23 AM
It's worth bearing in mind that it's an evolving thing.

Things have moved on a bit since the last elections and will move on again during the tenure of whoever gets voted in this time.

What seems clear is there still isn't clarity or consensus about what the role involves or can deliver, but more especially what the communication looks like.

That needs straightened out, so everyone's expectations are clear and then it's easier to judge whether those elected are worth their position.

This is only my view but I've found Charlotte's approach to be positive. At the same time I've read posts criticising her. Some of them have felt fair. Some of them have stank of a (poorly) organised approach to put her down. It does feel a bit like some folk are slightly threatened by her approach to improving things.

Our club has always been a progressive club. Hopefully we never lose sight of that. We have that status because we've not been afraid to be innovative over the years, but more importantly we came about to represent the marginalised. That's why we were founded some 142 years ago.

Things have changed since 1875 but HFC still has the potential and capacity to be a force for good in improving lives, especially those at the margins. That's what the Hibernian Community Foundation is geared at, I guess.

Whoever gets elected, I hope they use their role to boost our contribution as fans to the community work that the club is engaged in. Ultimately it benefits us all and more importantly it benefits those who need our help the most.

macca70
03-03-2017, 05:54 AM
The fans reps can't win especially when it comes to fickle football fans.

The 2 current reps very rarely come on here or any social media and therefore get slated for the lack of communication.

Potential fans reps therefore make an effort on here and engage in some discussion, highlighting a current hot topic amongst some fans, that appears to get folks back up too and they are accused of poo stirring etc.

Fans reps can't win - damned if you do, damned if you don't!!

Pretty Boy
03-03-2017, 06:41 AM
mmmmmmh.... strange old world... folk getting worn out with a relatively painless election process to have a couple of reps sit on the Hibs board to raise our issues. To be honest I see more point in having reps than merely relying on social media sites where supporters constantly raise issues and ideas but with next to no chance of achieving anything.

I've seen posters say things over the years like 'hope your reading this ... Rod, Leeann, Stubbsy, Lennon... etc' so surely it's better getting whatever point you're making raised at a meeting through your elected reps?

I'vd asked this at least 10 times during this election process and I'm yet to get an answer.

Can you give me an example, with evidence, of anything that was achieved in the last 2 years that wouldn't have otherwise happened without fans reps?

That's not to belittle the good work Frank and Amit have done by attending WT meetings, attending funerals, raising issues when they can, partaking in the Persevered Tour etc but that's not really representing the fans as a representative on the board. Call it supporter liason or something and be done with it.

Peevemor
03-03-2017, 07:01 AM
I'vd asked this at least 10 times during this election process and I'm yet to get an answer.

Can you give me an example, with evidence, of anything that was achieved in the last 2 years that wouldn't have otherwise happened without fans reps?

That's not to belittle the good work Frank and Amit have done by attending WT meetings, attending funerals, raising issues when they can, partaking in the Persevered Tour etc but that's not really representing the fans as a representative on the board. Call it supporter liason or something and be done with it.

Surely it's up to the supporters' reps to impose themselves at board meetings. If there's not a specific slot for them in the agenda prepared for a board meeting, then they can bring up the issues they choose under 'any other business'. Failing that, they'll have less formal communication with their co-directors in between times.

This could well be what happens, but unfortunately the reps have failed to report even the most mundane information back to the fans (except for Amit after the new election campaign was launched).

I think the supporters' rep positions are definitely worthwhile, but they have to be used correctly and it's up to those elected to keep the fans informed as much as possible, something both the current reps have failed to do IMO.

Those who choose to vote for the status quo are asking for more of the same.

blackpoolhibs
03-03-2017, 07:04 AM
Surely it's up to the supporters' reps to impose themselves at board meetings. If there's not a specific slot for them in the agenda prepared for a board meeting, then they can bring up the issues they choose under 'any other business'. Failing that, they'll have less formal communication with their co-directors in between times.

This could well be what happens, but unfortunately the reps have failed to report even the most mundane information back to the fans (except for Amit after the new election campaign was launched).

I think the supporters' rep positions are definitely worthwhile, but they have to be used correctly and it's up to those elected to keep the fans informed as much as possible, something both the current reps have failed to do IMO.

Those who choose to vote for the status quo are asking for more of the same.

:agree:

Steve-O
03-03-2017, 07:39 AM
Maybe it's because I'm so far away (probably is tbh) but I truly couldn't care less about these supporters reps elections. Seems to be dragging on longer than the independence referendum

Brightside
03-03-2017, 07:49 AM

Im in the same boat. We need to knock the whole thing on the head. We heard almost nothing from the current guys in the role for the last 2 years. The whole thing just seems totally pointless as i don't think we have a communication issue with the club now.

scoopyboy
03-03-2017, 07:53 AM
The fans reps can't win especially when it comes to fickle football fans.

The 2 current reps very rarely come on here or any social media and therefore get slated for the lack of communication.

Potential fans reps therefore make an effort on here and engage in some discussion, highlighting a current hot topic amongst some fans, that appears to get folks back up too and they are accused of poo stirring etc.

Fans reps can't win - damned if you do, damned if you don't!!

Bang on.

Makes me wonder why folk want to do it.

Golden Bear
03-03-2017, 07:57 AM
Im in the same boat. We need to knock the whole thing on the head. We heard almost nothing from the current guys in the role for the last 2 years. The whole thing just seems totally pointless as i don't think we have a communication issue with the club now.

Hear hear.

If a fan(s) wants to communicate with the Club then there are plenty of avenues already open.

Johnny Clash
03-03-2017, 08:33 AM

Yes I think that's the question we're all asking which is why I think there needs to be more accountability between our elected reps and ourselves. Despite seeing the benefit of having reps I've not personally raised issues with them - other than asking a rep on a previous thread what their position was re the demise of the the loyalty points scheme and I'm still waiting on an answer!

So there's one issue crying out for reps input. There were loads of comments on here plus an opinion poll. Maybe not 100% scientific but it does help gauge opinion. Yet we have no idea what stance our reps took in the hibs boardroom on our behalf.

Your question should of course be properly answered by our existing reps. What exactly have they been doing? Bit of a mystery which is why I think we need change. Sure some sensitive matters will not be publicised but all other issues raised should be made available which will let us all know what's been said on our behalf.

Steve-O
03-03-2017, 09:31 AM
Here's an idea - why don't the club just appoint some Comms people to actually answer the emails etc that are sent? Surely that's all that's really needed?

HappyHibeeAG
03-03-2017, 12:41 PM
How anyone could vote for Charlene is beyond me. All her "Communication" is mainly based on hearsay and Google searches. Has never shown any intetest in the club until the opportunity to enhance her CV with the non-executive position. Had never attended Working Together meetings until it was useful to her "campaign". Was never active on ANY fan forum until it was useful to her "campaign".

Posts like this prove the point. She has taken a global email to all season ticket holders as if it was just for her and cherry picked information and collated it with hearsay from people with no facts. Then posted it on forums taking cheap shots at the club for lack of communication.

The NHS Health HUB is not a health club as Charlene says, it will be a community centre offering much needed health CARE to a community who otherwise are struggling to access the service. It is a fantastic showing of just how important our club is to the local community.

The BTG bar will be closing but not for good, plans are ongoing to move the facility to another stand and the club will STILL provide pre match facilities to fans. This has been discussed several times at WTG meetings, feel free to attend.

As for the lift closure, i dont know the exact facts behind this but my understanding is that it's simply not fit for purpose and some remoddling of the FF stand will be required for the Hub.

As for communication I can understand the lack of communication from the club on initiatives like this at times. This type of dealing is the business side, that comes with somewhat confidential information I'd imagine and as much as people like Charlene may think, every fan does not have a right to know that information!

I get the frustration that a small number of fans may have to move due to the lift closure but as i think had already been mentioned when the seats were bought last season there was a disclaimer saying seats may not be available next season.

Sometimes people need to stop and think before just attacking the club based on hearsay.

Radium
03-03-2017, 01:00 PM
How anyone could vote for Charlene is beyond me. All her "Communication" is mainly based on hearsay and Google searches. Has never shown any intetest in the club until the opportunity to enhance her CV with the non-executive position. Had never attended Working Together meetings until it was useful to her "campaign". Was never active on ANY fan forum until it was useful to her "campaign".

Posts like this prove the point. She has taken a global email to all season ticket holders as if it was just for her and cherry picked information and collated it with hearsay from people with no facts. Then posted it on forums taking cheap shots at the club for lack of communication.

The NHS Health HUB is not a health club as Charlene says, it will be a community centre offering much needed health CARE to a community who otherwise are struggling to access the service. It is a fantastic showing of just how important our club is to the local community.

The BTG bar will be closing but not for good, plans are ongoing to move the facility to another stand and the club will STILL provide pre match facilities to fans. This has been discussed several times at WTG meetings, feel free to attend.

As for the lift closure, i dont know the exact facts behind this but my understanding is that it's simply not fit for purpose and some remoddling of the FF stand will be required for the Hub.

As for communication I can understand the lack of communication from the club on initiatives like this at times. This type of dealing is the business side, that comes with somewhat confidential information I'd imagine and as much as people like Charlene may think, every fan does not have a right to know that information!

I get the frustration that a small number of fans may have to move due to the lift closure but as i think had already been mentioned when the seats were bought last season there was a disclaimer saying seats may not be available next season.

Sometimes people need to stop and think before just attacking the club based on hearsay.

Agree with most of this. Whilst I have no issue with somebody raising their profile during an election, it has not won my vote in this case.

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2017, 01:27 PM

Well if that's the case perhaps the WTG meetings need to up the ante when it comes to their communication, because I haven't seen or read anything from out of Hibs, including the WTG meetings, that has given any indication as to what the intention is for BTG apart from the obvious fact that the health hub will affect it ...... in fact the clear case here seems to be that the issue of the lift appears to be a surprise to most, if not all, of the people affected by it .... even if the ST literature for this season intimated that their FF upper seats might not be available for next season, that in no way tells them that access to the upper deck in its entirety would be closed to them.

I fail to see how simply saying that the changes being made to the FF will not result in the loss of BTG on a Saturday or if it does that the intention is to 'relocate' it elsewhere in the stadium ( watch this space ) would be betraying any confidence. Folk are concerned that the fans bar might be lost, not about where it will be located in future or how that will be done ... that might be of interest, but not of concern.

To be honest I'm getting a bit pissed off with folk who attend WTG meetings giving me lectures about how if I want to know what's going on I should attend the meetings and worse suggesting that if I don't attend the meetings I have no right to know what's going on ...... not everybody is able to just pop down the road to go to ER, plenty of Hibs fans live miles from the stadium and the effort they put in just to get to games should be acknowledged instead of being looked down on because they don't feel inclined to ( or cant ) put in even more time and money to attend WTG meetings.

Andy74
03-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Well if that's the case perhaps the WTG meetings need to up the ante when it comes to their communication, because I haven't seen or read anything from out of Hibs, including the WTG meetings, that has given any indication as to what the intention is for BTG apart from the obvious fact that the health hub will affect it ...... in fact the clear case here seems to be that the issue of the lift appears to be a surprise to most, if not all, of the people affected by it .... even if the ST literature for this season intimated that their FF upper seats might not be available for next season, that in no way tells them that access to the upper deck in its entirety would be closed to them.

I fail to see how simply saying that the changes being made to the FF will not result in the loss of BTG on a Saturday or if it does that the intention is to 'relocate' it elsewhere in the stadium ( watch this space ) would be betraying any confidence. Folk are concerned that the fans bar might be lost, not about where it will be located in future or how that will be done ... that might be of interest, but not of concern.

To be honest I'm getting a bit pissed off with folk who attend WTG meetings giving me lectures about how if I want to know what's going on I should attend the meetings and worse suggesting that if I don't attend the meetings I have no right to know what's going on ...... not everybody is able to just pop down the road to go to ER, plenty of Hibs fans live miles from the stadium and the effort they put in just to get to games should be acknowledged instead of being looked down on because they don't feel inclined to ( or cant ) put in even more time and money to attend WTG meetings.

The point is not all decisions need committees and consultations. As I understand it the WTG is just one way of helping develop some ideas and maybe work on some.

When those impacted or the wider fan base needs to know something then it will be announced.

dp00
03-03-2017, 01:32 PM

Tbf this could be true , I've always wondered how no one has got stuck in this lift

dp00
03-03-2017, 01:39 PM
Also I wonder if hibs don't actually realise how many fans use the lift.. I know they have mentioned a lift pass but in all my time there I've never seen anyone use or be asked a lift pass. So could it be hibs have issued say 20/30 passes however many more fans actually use the lift ?

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2017, 01:45 PM
The point is not all decisions need committees and consultations. As I understand it the WTG is just one way of helping develop some ideas and maybe work on some.

When those impacted or the wider fan base needs to know something then it will be announced.

I appreciate that Andy ..... but in this case fans are being told they will be affected but are being given little or no idea as to what the next step is. Unless I'm widely misinterpreting his post 'HappyHibeeAG' indicated that future plans for BTG are known to those who attend WTG meetings, these are public meetings open to all Hibs fans which tells me anything said there can hardly be classed as confidential and yet next to nobody outside of these meetings seems to be aware of plans to shut down or relocate BTG and far from admit that adds up to a lack of communication you get told that if you want to know you should attend the meetings .... that's bollox IMO.

HappyHibeeAG
03-03-2017, 01:53 PM

Don't mistake that as it was a WTG decision simply stating where it was discussed.

But the point is not every decision needs your or any fan approval.

Id imagine, but pure guess work, that the lift will close as the reception area will become a reception area for the Heath Hub therefore access will be restricted as it will be an active health centre.

As for your shot at the WTG group have you contacted the group to see if there is another way you can input? Perhaps you should take a proactive approach to see if their is another way of getting involved rather than just having a moan?

Also just for the record i don't believe my post was "Lecturing" you, simply inviting others to attend.

cookin_on_gaz
03-03-2017, 02:07 PM
Also I wonder if hibs don't actually realise how many fans use the lift.. I know they have mentioned a lift pass but in all my time there I've never seen anyone use or be asked a lift pass. So could it be hibs have issued say 20/30 passes however many more fans actually use the lift ?

I used to sit in the FF upper and loved the view but had to stop sitting there a couple season ago after developing chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia, as the stairs exhausted me. To be honest I never even knew that a lift was there, let alone if I could have actually used it, but if I had then I could have continued sitting im my preffered location. It is important to remember that not everyone with a disabilty is in a wheel chair and a lift to the higher levels of the stadium allows alot more people to have access.

A lot of responses on this topic so far reek of NIMBYism as most of the people commenting wont even be affected by the lift closure. I can assure you most of them, however, would be pretty angry if they found out through a public forum that their access to their preffered location was being taken away and that the matter had already been discussed without a consultation taking place.

marinello59
03-03-2017, 02:08 PM

I agree.
The rather sneaky way that the supporters of some candidates are going about trashing others is thoroughly depressing.

dp00
03-03-2017, 02:10 PM
It's also something easily resolved , someone from hibs could have been placed at the top of the lift for a home game and spoke to anyone using it about there options and the like

Moulin Yarns
03-03-2017, 02:11 PM
I agree.
The rather sneaky way that the supporters of some candidates are going about trashing others is thoroughly depressing.

Hear, Hear. My thoughts exactly.

Can I vote for you? :wink:

Jonnyboy
03-03-2017, 02:21 PM
I agree.

Yep it's sickening

HappyHibeeAG
03-03-2017, 02:23 PM
I agree.

Hmmm.....Because if you support something you shouldn't have an opinion on something else.... 😏

Moulin Yarns
03-03-2017, 02:38 PM
Hmmm.....Because if you support something you shouldn't have an opinion on something else.... 😏

I think voicing an opinion is different to engaging in open criticism of a particular candidate though.

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Don't mistake that as it was a WTG decision simply stating where it was discussed.

But the point is not every decision needs your or any fan approval.

Id imagine, but pure guess work, that the lift will close as the reception area will become a reception area for the Heath Hub therefore access will be restricted as it will be an active health centre.

As for your shot at the WTG group have you contacted the group to see if there is another way you can input? Perhaps you should take a proactive approach to see if their is another way of getting involved rather than just having a moan?

Also just for the record i don't believe my post was "Lecturing" you, simply inviting others to attend.

I didn't say every decision needs fan 'approval' what I did say that fans need to be made aware of what any decision that affects them will mean for their matchday experience .... both the lift issue and BTG are part of that. Its the next step folk want to know about, for example a lot of people prefer to watch games from a high vantage point, I'm one of them, will folk denied access to the FF upper only have the lower decks as an alternative?

I have seen posts from other folk on here that have alluded to a new fans bar elsewhere in the stadium, but none of these posts have given any information as to where that information has come from, or if they are just guessing. As I said, the inference from your post was that folk attending WTG seem to be aware of Hibs plans in this area, why in that case there appears to be no information coming from the club regarding that is baffling in view of the fact that it was discussed at an open meeting.
Its not betraying any confidence that I can see just to say that ..... A) The plan is to keep BTG open .... B) We intend to create a new supporters bar. If the club say that how that's going to be achieved is confidential at the moment I doubt anybody, least of all me, would complain about that.

As for WTG ..... my gripe wasn't so much that I couldn't attend, it was that just because I'm not inclined to be part of WTG doesn't mean to say I don't have a right to know what's going on, which was the inference I got from your post, you are not the first WTG worthy to give me that feeling in a response either .... I think mine is a reasonable standpoint but one that once again is being described as 'a moan' which only goes to reinforce my opinion that some of the folk involved in WTG seem to think their participation gives them the right to be party to plans the club have and not share that with the rest of the support.

If WTG was a closed confidential meeting I would get that .... but that is not how its advertised, in fact if I'm not mistaken the participation at any given meeting could be 20,000 if the fans were so inclined ... in view of that as far as I can see much more of an effort should be made to ensure that information shared by the club with the WTG group should be made available to the wider Hibs support.

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2017, 02:49 PM
I did consider voting for Charlene but in the end I didn't .... that was no reflection on her, I thought she was a strong candidate. I'm not sure the criticism she's getting on here for starting this thread is justified to be honest. I would rather see folk asking questions, no matter how they do it than simply accepting everything at face value. I seem to remember a couple of clubs who ended up in a whole lot of bother because their fans shut their eyes and covered their ears.

I am not suggesting for a second by the way that this current topic of discussion is in the same universe, never mind the same ballpark, as what went on at the two clubs I have alluded to :greengrin

Andy74
03-03-2017, 02:50 PM
I didn't say every decision needs fan 'approval' what I did say that fans need to be made aware of what any decision that affects them will mean for their matchday experience .... both the lift issue and BTG are part of that. Its the next step folk want to know about, for example a lot of people prefer to watch games from a high vantage point, I'm one of them, will folk denied access to the FF upper only have the lower decks as an alternative?

I have seen posts from other folk on here that have alluded to a new fans bar elsewhere in the stadium, but none of these posts have given any information as to where that information has come from, or if they are just guessing. As I said, the inference from your post was that folk attending WTG seem to be aware of Hibs plans in this area, why in that case there appears to be no information coming from the club regarding that is baffling in view of the fact that it was discussed at an open meeting.
Its not betraying any confidence that I can see just to say that ..... A) The plan is to keep BTG open .... B) We intend to create a new supporters bar. If the club say that how that's going to be achieved is confidential at the moment I doubt anybody, least of all me, would complain about that.

As for WTG ..... my gripe wasn't so much that I couldn't attend, it was that just because I'm not inclined to be part of WTG doesn't mean to say I don't have a right to know what's going on, which was the inference I got from your post, you are not the first WTG worthy to give me that feeling in a response either .... I think mine is a reasonable standpoint but one that once again is being described as 'a moan' which only goes to reinforce my opinion that some of the folk involved in WTG seem to think their participation gives them the right to be party to plans the club have and not share that with the rest of the support.

If WTG was a closed confidential meeting I would get that .... but that is not how its advertised, in fact if I'm not mistaken the participation at any given meeting could be 20,000 if the fans were so inclined ... in view of that as far as I can see much more of an effort should be made to ensure that information shared by the club with the WTG group should be made available to the wider Hibs support.

The info gets shared at the point it needs to be though. The WTG must bat around a few things that either come to something or don't. You can't really have it both ways that you aren't inclined to take part but you want the early info all the same.

I'm not inclined to take part either so I'm not giving anything and so I don't expect anything back by way of being party to the detail until the stage they have something to say to us all.

BSEJVT
03-03-2017, 03:03 PM
I have been pretty critical of Charlene and the way she has handled things, I stand by those criticisms.

I think the whole Fans Rep thing is a terrible idea, I have not voted either last time or this and will not ever vote in any future iterations of it.

Other than a desire to see the whole charade abandoned I couldn't give two hoots about who wins or doesn't and I don't have either a preferred or for that matter un-preferred candidate.

What I will do is continue to raise issues with anyone candidate or not, past or present who I think are undermining / miss-calling the club unwarrantedly.

Andy74
03-03-2017, 03:09 PM
I have been pretty critical of Charlene and the way she has handled things, I stand by those criticisms.

I think the whole Fans Rep thing is a terrible idea, I have not voted either last time or this and will not ever vote in any future iterations of it.

Other than a desire to see the whole charade abandoned I couldn't give two hoots about who wins or doesn't and I don't have either a preferred or for that matter un-preferred candidate.

What I will do is continue to raise issues with anyone candidate or not, past or present who I think are undermining / miss-calling the club unwarrantedly.

Agree with all that.

C Feeney-Seale
03-03-2017, 03:11 PM

I'm going to ignore the personal allegations and comment only on the substance of what you've said.

Firstly, where do I attack the club? I came on and asked a simple question - which was had anyone heard of this before it became a reality? The answer appears to be no.

You've said I've cherry picked information - I think that you'll find I shared the entire email so that also seems to be unfounded.

Now, I've heard from a number of people in the FF upper who are affected - those who rely on the lift and those who attend games with them, and they are understandably very disappointed that there was no warning of this. One guy and his son, friends of mine, have been sitting there for decades, I can understand the feeling of frustration through not being engaged earlier.

I didn't mention BTG, so while I'll assume your comment wasn't aimed at me I think it's a very worrying attitude. Those who attend working together groups are giving their time up, but I really don't like this attitude that if you can't make it in the door, you don't deserve to know what's going on. What you post here smacks of someone jealously guarding their own privileges, not trying to improve things for all fans. I hope that WTG can do more to share these discussions, as a small number of people in one room is not an effective way to engage with the fan base as a whole.

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2017, 03:13 PM
The info gets shared at the point it needs to be though. The WTG must bat around a few things that either come to something or don't. You can't really have it both ways that you aren't inclined to take part but you want the early info all the same.

I'm not inclined to take part either so I'm not giving anything and so I don't expect anything back by way of being party to the detail until the stage they have something to say to us all.

In this case though Andy I think the point has been reached where information on the next step needs to be made available ..... ask any politician, you don't serve up the schyte without having a big spoon of sugar to serve with it. In view of that Hibs would have been much better served making sure the had at least some positive information they could make available regarding the next step before telling fans that the lift and BTG were both on a shoogly peg.

With regard to your second paragraph .... sorry I don't agree mate, even if a fan doesn't have input into WTG I don't see why that should exclude them from being party to information given to that group. If something is still actively being discussed by the group and the club without any conclusion being reached then fine, but it seems clear to me that a plan has been formulated and agreed as to what the next step is regarding BTG in view of which it should be shared with the wider support.

As I said, I'm not asking the club to betray any confidences. How they intend to implement a particular project with what partners and with what funding may be confidential and that's understandable. I do not think telling us what they intend to do can be classed as that I don't know about anybody else, but that's all I'm asking for.

Andy74
03-03-2017, 03:32 PM
In this case though Andy I think the point has been reached where information on the next step needs to be made available ..... ask any politician, you don't serve up the schyte without having a big spoon of sugar to serve with it. In view of that Hibs would have been much better served making sure the had at least some positive information they could make available regarding the next step.

With regard to your second paragraph .... sorry I don't agree mate, even if a fan doesn't have input into WTG I don't see why that should exclude them from being party to information given to that group. If something is still actively being discussed by the group and the club without any conclusion being reached then fine, but it seems clear to me that a plan has been formulated and agreed as to what the next step is regarding BTG in view of which it should be shared with the wider support.

As I said, I'm not asking the club to betray any confidences. How they intend to implement a particular project with what partners and with what funding may be confidential and that's understandable. I do not think telling us what they intend to do can be classed as that I don't know about anybody else, but that's all I'm asking for.

I get what you are saying but I gather, just from the snippets, that we aren't ready to announce the full detail of what is going on in the FF - though we have heard from Hibs that we have been working on the partnership which would lead to some changes.

Now that we have to sell tickets in that area for next year there is a balance to telling people that they are impacted without totally front running the whole arrangement.

If we just left the info until we had full detail then people would have been critical of not being able to act in advance of buying a ST there. Now they know. When we need to know what the changes are and the new arrangements then I presume we will.

Andy74
03-03-2017, 03:41 PM
I'm going to ignore the personal allegations and comment only on the substance of what you've said.

Firstly, where do I attack the club? I came on and asked a simple question - which was had anyone heard of this before it became a reality? The answer appears to be no.

You've said I've cherry picked information - I think that you'll find I shared the entire email so that also seems to be unfounded.

Now, I've heard from a number of people in the FF upper who are affected - those who rely on the lift and those who attend games with them, and they are understandably very disappointed that there was no warning of this. One guy and his son, friends of mine, have been sitting there for decades, I can understand the feeling of frustration through not being engaged earlier.

I didn't mention BTG, so while I'll assume your comment wasn't aimed at me I think it's a very worrying attitude. Those who attend working together groups are giving their time up, but I really don't like this attitude that if you can't make it in the door, you don't deserve to know what's going on. What you post here smacks of someone jealously guarding their own privileges, not trying to improve things for all fans. I hope that WTG can do more to share these discussions, as a small number of people in one room is not an effective way to engage with the fan base as a whole.

For someone attempting to gain a place on a board I'm sure you will appreciate the practicalities of consultation and decision making.

I'm not part of it but the WTG has been ongoing for some time, they have looked at a range of issues and have what seems like an open ended offer to anyone to attend as and when they can.

There's a limit to decision making and consultation by committee never mind by wider fan engagement. It clearly is not going to work if every little thing they discuss has to be shared with everyone and all the various disparate views brought together. As I understand it the executive staff and board make the decisions, this group just acts as a sounding board and quite often a resource.

If you get onto the board then I'm sure you will come to understand that you can't put on hold every discussion that takes place in the board room until you come out and talk to every one of us then go back and carry on. You will also realise you can't communicate everything to everyone.

hibbymac
03-03-2017, 03:51 PM
I agree.

:agree: In fact some aren't even being sneaky about it, anything to promote "their candidate" in the hope that they'll get some "crumbs" from the boardroom table for their own self promotion. :rolleyes:

marinello59
03-03-2017, 03:52 PM

Not what I said at all.

silverhibee
03-03-2017, 03:58 PM
Leeann should scrap this fans rep carry on like she did with the loyalty points.

It will end in tears.

Sioux
03-03-2017, 04:42 PM
Gold help us when fans have the majority shareholding. We'll have thousands of people wanting their input and a referendum on everything. Hopefully before that day arises, we shareholders will get it that we do not make decisions in the running of the company's business. That's is down to the board of directors who's actions are scrutinised and governed by statute.

Golden Bear
03-03-2017, 04:52 PM
Gold help us when fans have the majority shareholding. We'll have thousands of people wanting their input and a referendum on everything. Hopefully before that day arises, we shareholders will get it that we do not make decisions in the running of the company's business. That's is down to the board of directors who's actions are scrutinised and governed by statute.

Martin Dundas
03-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Hear, Hear. My thoughts exactly.

Can I vote for you? :wink:

You can vote for me! I've not got many supporters to fight my corner 😎

StevieCowan
03-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Leeann should scrap this fans rep carry on like she did with the loyalty points.

It will end in tears.

Agreed or leave the two guys on it until they decide to resign or board feel they should move on.

Itsnoteasy
04-03-2017, 07:17 PM
FD told the person sitting next to me that Hibs have been made an offer that was to good to refuse for the health hub. The lift is over 20 years old & it costs to much to maintain if it breaks down. I was under the impression that the health hub were also going to pay for a new lift.As I was waiting today
to enter the lift an elderly gentleman was led out of the lift by a paramedic. So what happens if this same situation arises if someone falls Ill & need the lift just like today. Is this going to be available for emergencies only.

Johnny Clash
04-03-2017, 07:25 PM
FD told the person sitting next to me that Hibs have been made an offer that was to good to refuse for the health hub. The lift is over 20 years old & it costs to much to maintain if it breaks down. I was under the impression that the health hub were also going to pay for a new lift.As I was waiting today
to enter the lift an elderly gentleman was led out of the lift by a paramedic. So what happens if this same situation arises if someone falls Ill & need the lift just like today. Is this going to be available for emergencies only.

Good point. There's obviously a lot of things to consider here.

What gets me though is that this has clearly been discussed previously in some detail yet the supporters are kept completely in the dark - unless you happen to sit next to someone who has had a chat with one of the current reps? That sucks!

So good luck to all the candidates who want to improve communication.

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Good point. There's obviously a lot of things to consider here.

What gets me though is that this has clearly been discussed previously in some detail yet the supporters are kept completely in the dark - unless you happen to sit next to someone who has had a chat with one of the current reps? That sucks!

So good luck to all the candidates who want to improve communication.

That is what sucks, its as if its a secret but only a select few are allowed to know. I'm glad a couple of the candidates are willing to share this information with everyone, and willing to put their head on the chopping block rather than the current situation where it's who you know.

Out with the old and in with the new.

BoomtownHibees
04-03-2017, 08:01 PM
That is what sucks, its as if its a secret but only a select few are allowed to know. I'm glad a couple of the candidates are willing to share this information with everyone, and willing to put their head on the chopping block rather than the current situation where it's who you know.

Out with the old and in with the new.

Leanne sat at our table in BTG today and told us as much as she could. The reason that not much has been said so far is because the deal hasn't been signed and sealed yet however they need to start planning now for the future. She also told us that the facilities within the stand are at the end of their shelf life and needs constant maintenance just to keep it running as a pre-match bar. It was also pointed out that this would be a "very good deal" for the club and would stand us in good stead with having a guaranteed, regular income.

She also advised that they would be looking at a temporary home for a pre-match bar, such as a marquee, and then will be looking at getting something permanent, most likely in the East stand.

ColinNish
04-03-2017, 09:58 PM

What would happen? The same as what would happen if the person fell ill on the 3rd storey of a block of flats with no lift. They'd take them down the stairs!

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2017, 11:08 PM
Leanne sat at our table in BTG today and told us as much as she could. The reason that not much has been said so far is because the deal hasn't been signed and sealed yet however they need to start planning now for the future. She also told us that the facilities within the stand are at the end of their shelf life and needs constant maintenance just to keep it running as a pre-match bar. It was also pointed out that this would be a "very good deal" for the club and would stand us in good stead with having a guaranteed, regular income.

She also advised that they would be looking at a temporary home for a pre-match bar, such as a marquee, and then will be looking at getting something permanent, most likely in the East stand.

Well done Leanne, at least she's letting people know whats going on. Its not a a bloody secret, these things are actually happening, and at least someone is willing to tell folk what is going on.

I dont know what the problem with this is, or why it has to be a secret? Charlene might not be everyones cup of tea, but at least she does talk to the fans, and i mean all of them not just a select few.

Andy74
04-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Well done Leanne, at least she's letting people know whats going on. Its not a a bloody secret, these things are actually happening, and at least someone is willing to tell folk what is going on.

I dont know what the problem with this is, or why it has to be a secret? Charlene might not be everyones cup of tea, but at least she does talk to the fans, and i mean all of them not just a select few.

Aye but she's just a fan just now questioning things or criticising things. That's a bit different to being one of the people having to make decisions and handle information that might be sensitive. For me she has shown a bit of a disregard for pretty minor protocols and arrangements so big question as to whether she could be trusted with any real stuff.

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2017, 11:30 PM
Aye but she's just a fan just now questioning things or criticising things. That's a bit different to being one of the people having to make decisions and handle information that might be sensitive. For me she has shown a bit of a disregard for pretty minor protocols and arrangements so big question as to whether she could be trusted with any real stuff.

I disagree, shes a candidate who's showing she wont just let a little select few know whats going on, which is just plain daft. She's willing to put her head on the block and tell folk whats happening, good or bad.

I know she cant tell us everything, but so far those in that position have told us diddly squat, apart from their select band of pals.

This is what a fans rep should be doing, working for the fans not the board.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 11:34 PM

20 years old is no age for a properly maintained lift.

Andy74
04-03-2017, 11:37 PM
I disagree, shes a candidate who's showing she wont just let a little select few know whats going on, which is just plain daft. She's willing to put her head on the block and tell folk whats happening, good or bad.

I know she cant tell us everything, but so far those in that position have told us diddly squat, apart from their select band of pals.

This is what a fans rep should be doing, working for the fans not the board.

The successful person will be on the board so they have a statutory duty to respect that. I'd hope she does a better job at that than how other stuff has been respected. There's ways and means to be open and to communicate. Just think she's shown a lack of respect for self interest not to genuinely better the communication so far.

The rest have just done nothing much. I'd scrap the whole thing and haven't voted.

Itsnoteasy
04-03-2017, 11:42 PM

Fair point. But has it been properly maintained. The problem you could also have is are spare parts readily available due to the age. Does the company still exist that manufactured the lift. This will severely affect my dad who will soon be 80 as he cannot climb the stairs. He has sat in that same seat since the FF stand was built, he has built up a rapport with the people round about him. I also feel for the kids in the wheelchairs who sit in FF upper. As I would say lots if not most of the good seats are taken in the ground where are the minority going to be shunted to.

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2017, 11:57 PM
The successful person will be on the board so they have a statutory duty to respect that. I'd hope she does a better job at that than how other stuff has been respected. There's ways and means to be open and to communicate. Just think she's shown a lack of respect for self interest not to genuinely better the communication so far.

The rest have just done nothing much. I'd scrap the whole thing and haven't voted.

The successful candidate in my opinion is there to challenge the board, the current incumbents dont and are their lackeys.

Charlene and tracey in my opinion wouldn't be that, its about time someone stood up and spoke on our behalf.

Well done Charlene.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 11:57 PM
Fair point. But has it been properly maintained. The problem you could also have is are spare parts readily available due to the age. Does the company still exist that manufactured the lift. This will severely affect my dad who will soon be 80 as he cannot climb the stairs. He has sat in that same seat since the FF stand was built, he has built up a rapport with the people round about him. I also feel for the kids in the wheelchairs who sit in FF upper. As I would say lots if not most of the good seats are taken in the ground where are the minority going to be shunted to.

A lift is just car being moved by a motor, most decent lift companies can maintain them and source parts who ever originally made it. The fact that your Dad and others will be left in an impossible position and forced to move is really quite sad. I hope he finds another seat with decent folk around hime. Like you say it's not good when he has been settled so long in the same seat.

Itsnoteasy
05-03-2017, 12:21 AM
A lift is just car being moved by a motor, most decent lift companies can maintain them and source parts who ever originally made it. The fact that your Dad and others will be left in an impossible position and forced to move is really quite sad. I hope he finds another seat with decent folk around hime. Like you say it's not good when he has been settled so long in the same seat.

I think as this is affecting very few people the club felt it didn't matter. Which is a shame. Yes things change & move on. I wouldn't like to think how my dad & many others have been affected with change over the years. Been watching them since 1945. But as you get older change does impact on your life. Thanks for your kind words.

ColinNish
05-03-2017, 06:39 AM
The successful candidate in my opinion is there to challenge the board, the current incumbents dont and are their lackeys.

Charlene and tracey in my opinion wouldn't be that, its about time someone stood up and spoke on our behalf.

Well done Charlene.

Well she's certainly talking the talk . Here's hoping she doesn't get to walk the walk.

Sir David Gray
05-03-2017, 07:02 AM
I think as this is affecting very few people the club felt it didn't matter. Which is a shame. Yes things change & move on. I wouldn't like to think how my dad & many others have been affected with change over the years. Been watching them since 1945. But as you get older change does impact on your life. Thanks for your kind words.

On the Q&A we were handed yesterday there was an email address on there to direct any questions to. I'm sure it was famousfive@hibernianfc.co.uk

It probably won't change the end result but it would be worth feeding back your concerns and it will make you feel better.

Johnny Clash
05-03-2017, 08:03 AM
Well she's certainly talking the talk . Here's hoping she doesn't get to walk the walk.

My main concern with any candidate is that, once elected, they get seduced by the trappings of office and they forget all the promises made during the election. I've seen that happen countless times elsewhere.

Having said that you have to give folk the chance if they impress you with their thinking and ideas.

I thinks Hibs are showing a lot of class by giving us the opportunity to elect two die hard hibbys to sit in our board and raise issues WE feel strongly about. It's what Leeann wants too remember. I don't think she wants to pay lip service to this initiative - she honestly wants to see positive change.

To then get appropriate feedback and information is a good thing in my book. Our existing reps may well work hard but if we don't know what's going on then they're not fulfilling the role of rep. It's like having strikers who work their socks off but don't find the net.

hibbymac
05-03-2017, 08:58 AM

Serious question. what has she said that has been "disrespectful"?

Baldy Foghorn
05-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Charlene has obviously gone to a lot of effort with her campaign, handing out flyers yesterday.

I did think the timing was strange given voting closes on Monday, as I hadn't seen flyers earlier, but fair play to her anyway:aok:

gaz1875
05-03-2017, 09:15 AM

Hear hear the bits in bold!!

Keith_M
05-03-2017, 09:25 AM

Yeah, I don't get that argument either.

Is it maybe that they consider the cost of maintenance to be too high, i.e. the cost to benefit ratio?

blackpoolhibs
05-03-2017, 09:29 AM
Charlene has obviously gone to a lot of effort with her campaign, handing out flyers yesterday.

I did think the timing was strange given voting closes on Monday, as I hadn't seen flyers earlier, but fair play to her anyway:aok:

Well done Charlene, someone who uses their initiative and actually talks to the fans all the fans is the way forward. :top marks

Baldy Foghorn
05-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Well done Charlene, someone who uses their initiative and actually talks to the fans all the fans is the way forward. :top marks

Be interesting come Monday to see who has been successfully elected

Billy Whizz
05-03-2017, 10:33 AM
Be interesting come Monday to see who has been successfully elected

Will they announce it tomorrow night?

CropleyWasGod
05-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Not if PwC are doing the counting they won't. 😁

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
05-03-2017, 10:49 AM

Maybe, or early Tuesday?

ColinNish
05-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Nae doubt it'll be Frank and A N Other.

Scouse Hibee
05-03-2017, 10:54 AM
Nae doubt it'll be Frank and A N Other.

Same as last year then;-)

Cod Boy
05-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Do Hibs count the votes or is it done by a independent company.

ancient hibee
05-03-2017, 11:41 AM
Not if PwC are doing the counting they won't. 😁

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
PWC would announce it but not necessarily in the correct order.

Martin Dundas
05-03-2017, 11:56 AM
My main concern with any candidate is that, once elected, they get seduced by the trappings of office and they forget all the promises made during the election. I've seen that happen countless times elsewhere.

Having said that you have to give folk the chance if they impress you with their thinking and ideas.

I thinks Hibs are showing a lot of class by giving us the opportunity to elect two die hard hibbys to sit in our board and raise issues WE feel strongly about. It's what Leeann wants too remember. I don't think she wants to pay lip service to this initiative - she honestly wants to see positive change.

To then get appropriate feedback and information is a good thing in my book. Our existing reps may well work hard but if we don't know what's going on then they're not fulfilling the role of rep. It's like having strikers who work their socks off but don't find the net.

I agree. My campaign has been deliberately understated. And I have outlined my approach in my video. I think I've been honest and pragmatic in everything I have said and done. It is up to the voting fans to decide how they want to take this forward by voting in the best candidate as they see it. I hope people vote for me as I have the track record to deliver.

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2017, 12:37 PM
I keep going back to this ever expanding thread in the hope that it has evolved into something along the lines of the legendary calendar thread. But no. We're still on about that ****ing lift. I should go elsewhere for my highs.

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2017, 01:15 PM
I keep going back to this ever expanding thread in the hope that it has evolved into something along the lines of the legendary calendar thread. But no. We're still on about that ****ing lift. I should go elsewhere for my highs.

Yeh .... these lift threads are always a bit up and down :greengrin

The firm who fixed the lifts at my old workplace were called 'Thyssen Krupp Elevator' which I thought would be a brilliant name for a Prog Rock band :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2017, 01:23 PM

That's all folk needed to know ... its clearly not a bloody state secret, so I'm baffled as to why Hibs cant be giving the wider support this information, it would probably have knocked about 4 pages off this thread for a kick off :greengrin

Its nice to hear that Hibs appear to be going to if not make money from this deal then at least save some and that the intention is to create a new supporters bar ..... In the immortal words of Jules in Pulp Fiction ..... 'Hell motherfkr that's all you had to say'

Mibbes Aye
05-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Yeh .... these lift threads are always a bit up and down :greengrin

The firm who fixed the lifts at my old workplace were called 'Thyssen Krupp Elevator' which I thought would be a brilliant name for a Prog Rock band :greengrin

:greengrin