PDA

View Full Version : Grant Holt interview

Peevemor
01-03-2017, 11:09 AM
I can't help but like this guy.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/grant-holt-left-in-awe-of-darren-mcgregor-s-hibs-story-1-4379263

“When you watched that, you kind of think you’d like to be involved in it. You don’t think it’s [Sunshine on Leith] going to happen this year – but it did. And to walk around at the end knowing you had put in a good shift and had earned it was great. “The only disappointment was it [the result] should have been even more comfortable so we could really have rubbed their noses in it.”

“We’ve a lad up-front who can put the ball in the back of the net, a defence that enjoys defending, a fantastic bench and a great squad of lads. Whoever you put in the team you know you are going to get a shift from them which is great. “Look at Saturday, we 
had Marvin Bartley playing centre-half, Andrew Shinnie with a dead leg, Callum Crane being put in a three at the back for his first game and the legs have gone. But we ground through, put our bodies on the line because you know you have to do it.”

California-Hibs
01-03-2017, 11:10 AM
I really like the guy, been a good signing for multiple reasons!

jacomo
01-03-2017, 11:17 AM
Yup, he's a warrior.

Baldy Foghorn
01-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Love his attitude, great to have in squad

CallumLaidlaw
01-03-2017, 11:27 AM
Proved his worth the last few weeks. He settled in ok but then I thought he had a really poor few months. Nothing seemed to come off for him in games, and that's as well as lack of goals. But his shift in the 2 derbies was tremendous and thoroughly deserved his very well taken goal. Hopefully he can keep it going till the end of the season.

Vault Boy
01-03-2017, 12:06 PM
Grant holds legendary status in these parts for good reason, you can see with his attitude since he joined just why so many fans like him. Great guy, good player and a proper grafter. Hibs class.

ian cruise
01-03-2017, 12:10 PM
Great addition to the team, took me a while to realise just how much he brings to the team and squad as a whole, which is probably why I'm not a manager!

Think that interview also puts in to context the result on Saturday. Let's not be too hard on the team as it was a massive effort on Wed. It's not 2 points dropped, it's one point closer to the title!