PDA

View Full Version : NHC Ayr vs Raith

1van Sprou7e
28-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Hearing that Raith have no GK available for tonight?

Anyone else heard about this?

Diclonius
28-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Emergency loan?

HAZ2000
28-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Emergency loan?

Think Ryan Stevenson might be going in

high bee
28-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Emergency loan?

Think they are inelligible cause they have had 5 players on loan since July 1.

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2017, 05:02 PM
Yogi should get his old pal Graeme Smith, cracking keeper.

Green Man
28-02-2017, 05:26 PM
BBC and STV are both reporting that the SPFL refused Raith's request for a postponement. BBC saying Stevenson could play in goals.

Jim44
28-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Why not play Skacel. He could stand in the middle of the goal and shake his big nose from left to right.

Smartie
28-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Why not play Skacel. He could stand in the middle of the goal and shake his big nose from left to right.

Good shout.

Putting a repulsive little turd that nobody wants to go anywhere near in goal might prove to be a tactical masterstroke in keeping the Ayr attackers away.

BullsCloseHibs
28-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Unlucky Kirkcaldy plums

truehibernian
28-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Does he not support Ayr United too :cb surely this cannot be allowed (he's been quite open about it in the press who he supports)

Michael
28-02-2017, 05:39 PM
Surprised it wasn't postponed. I'd be raging if we had to play Ryan Stevenson.

easty
28-02-2017, 05:40 PM
Raith will win tonight.

Thecat23
28-02-2017, 05:42 PM
3-0 Ayr 16/1.

Dibben
28-02-2017, 05:50 PM
Surely if they don't have a fit GK then they should really postpone the game. St Mirren who are hoping to catch Ayr must really have a proper issue with this.

mjhibby
28-02-2017, 05:54 PM
Makes a mockery of Scottish football especially given how we have quite rightly used the system. St mirren will be raging if not having a keeper gives Ayr the 3 points as of course will be yogi. I know they have used up their allocated loans but surely there must be discretion in this instance. What happens at raiths next game. Shows just how Mickey mouse Scottish football is and how the sfa don't give a flying one for anybody outside the sphell.

Jamesie
28-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Ayr available at 1.95 with Sky if anyone interested.

Jamesie
28-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Makes a mockery of Scottish football especially given how we have quite rightly used the system. St mirren will be raging if not having a keeper gives Ayr the 3 points as of course will be yogi. I know they have used up their allocated loans but surely there must be discretion in this instance. What happens at raiths next game. Shows just how Mickey mouse Scottish football is and how the sfa don't give a flying one for anybody outside the sphell.

Jamie Borthwick tweeting to suggest that they could still have signed an emergency loan goalie despite having used up all of their loans :confused:

Smartie
28-02-2017, 06:20 PM
Is the Conor Brennan (one of the Raith reserve keepers) that was forced off at the weekend the guy that used to be with us?

Billy Whizz
28-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Is the Conor Brennan (one of the Raith reserve keepers) that was forced off at the weekend the guy that used to be with us?

No, it was Sean who was at Hibs

Smartie
28-02-2017, 06:35 PM
No, it was Sean who was at Hibs

Ah yes. I was sure we had a goalkeeper called Brennan on our books at some point.

It has been interesting to see the odds on Ayr to win, Ayr -1, Ayr -2 etc tumble over the past half hour since Stevenson was named in goal.......

mim
28-02-2017, 06:45 PM
It has been interesting to see the odds on Ayr to win, Ayr -1, Ayr -2 etc tumble over the past half hour since Stevenson was named in goal.......

Ryan Stevenson is 6/1 to score the first goal - what a con. :confused:

Topographic Hibby
28-02-2017, 06:53 PM

Agreed. An absolute joke. If it had been one of their blue or green friends from Glasgow, they would have been allowed an emergency loan or a postponement. Everybody else (us, Hearts, Dons, Rest-SPL, Ayr, Raith, etc etc) are told to bolt.

Joke of a governing organisation.

scotia44
28-02-2017, 06:57 PM
Bigger mockery is the fact the painted lady has an ayr fc tattoo 😔

AltheHibby
28-02-2017, 07:07 PM
Not a fan or Raith, but that is just ridiculous.

Having said that, 5 for Ayr with a consolation scored by the snout would be a good result.

HoboHarry
28-02-2017, 07:10 PM
It's hard to imagine that decision happening in England or Germany but then they are not hamstrung by having morons of that spectacular magnitude on their ruling bodies.

Can you imagine, even for a moment, them imposing that rule on Sevco?

H18 SFR
28-02-2017, 07:10 PM
I stuck £25 on at evens. Ayr making a complete arse of it.

overdrive
28-02-2017, 07:14 PM
The STV article posted on another thread says you can sign a goalkeeper at any time during the season if you get permission from the SFA. No idea why the SFA wouldn't allow it.

Aldo
28-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Surely Raith have a keeper at some level?? Did the keeper get injured in warm up or well before game.

If later is the case and the game was not postponed the SPFL show their true amateur colours! Laughing stock once again but only in Scotland!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lapsedhibee
28-02-2017, 07:17 PM
The STV article posted on another thread says you can sign a goalkeeper at any time during the season if you get permission from the SFA. No idea why the SFA wouldn't allow it.
Didn't the Raith chairman speak out against the huns when they were trying to intimidate people into allowing the tributes to continue in the top tier? Probably the blazers taking a bit of revenge.

oneone73
28-02-2017, 07:19 PM
Didn't the Raith chairman speak out against the huns when they were trying to intimidate people into allowing the tributes to continue in the top tier? Probably the blazers taking a bit of revenge.

That was the great Turnbull Hutton, now deceased, sadly.

Sergey
28-02-2017, 07:21 PM
Surely Raith have a keeper at some level?? Did the keeper get injured in warm up or well before game.

If later is the case and the game was not postponed the SPFL show their true amateur colours! Laughing stock once again but only in Scotland!!

Here's the RR club statement:

http://www.raithrovers.net/28856/club-statement-3.htm#.WLXRoifHBRI.twitter

Aldo
28-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Here's the RR club statement:

http://www.raithrovers.net/28856/club-statement-3.htm#.WLXRoifHBRI.twitter

Thanks for that Sergey!

Surely they could have signed someone in that time but tbh the SPFL is a total joke!

HoboHarry
28-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Don't think the blazers stopped them from signing a goalie - the deal to sign one broke down and they were left with nothing. At that point the game should have been postponed and Raith should complain to Uefa or whoever oversees the governing body. If Raith lose, every club who is negatively impacted by the result should go over their heads as well. Imbeciles, the lot of them.......

PeeKay
28-02-2017, 07:28 PM
Agreed. An absolute joke. If it had been one of their blue or green friends from Glasgow, they would have been allowed an emergency loan or a postponement. Everybody else (us, Hearts, Dons, Rest-SPL, Ayr, Raith, etc etc) are told to bolt.

Weren't the yams allowed a postponement of a game with ICT because of illness in the squad, but particularly because they didn't have a goalkeeper. Yogi will remember this and will, rightly, be blazing.

Sergey
28-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Thanks for that Sergey!

Surely they could have signed someone in that time but tbh the SPFL is a total joke!

Agree 100% - if ever there was a reason to postpone a match, this is it.

The authorities don't any favours unless you're of Glaswegian persuasion.

Aldo
28-02-2017, 07:38 PM

Totally laughable and as I mentioned only in Scotland

lucky
28-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Why couldn't they play a under 20 or under 18 goalie? Got to have been better than tattoo man

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2017, 07:39 PM

Genuine lol moment.

#noseybonk

greenginger
28-02-2017, 07:41 PM
I see Farid El Alagui is in the Ayr team tonight.

I wonder if we will see him on Saturday . :wink:

tamig
28-02-2017, 07:44 PM

Raith could have loaned a keeper from outside of Scotland - or signed a free agent keeper. They couldn't find one - simple as that.

calumhibee1
28-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Raith could have loaned a keeper from outside of Scotland - or signed a free agent keeper. They couldn't find one - simple as that.

Emergency loans can only be done within your own association, unless it's different for a keeper.

Tomsk
28-02-2017, 07:51 PM
What about the boy that was chomping all those pies last week? You would do well to squeeze a size 5 past him.

JimBHibees
28-02-2017, 07:54 PM
I see Farid El Alagui is in the Ayr team tonight.

I wonder if we will see him on Saturday . :wink:

Just checked that he is cup tied as played in pars game v Buckie thistle.

brog
28-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Weren't the yams allowed a postponement of a game with ICT because of illness in the squad, but particularly because they didn't have a goalkeeper. Yogi will remember this and will, rightly, be blazing.

Yams postponed their game at PBS before our replay due to flooding. Meanwhile every pitch at The Gyle was playable! Charlatans!

JimBHibees
28-02-2017, 07:58 PM
Yams postponed their game at PBS before our replay due to flooding. Meanwhile every pitch at The Gyle was playable! Charlatans!

Also the one in Inverness when they set off on the bus with 9 players and just happened to be a TVs crew when they returned. Absolutely at it.

IGRIGI
28-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Seems to be doing not bad and according to BBC he's made a few decent saves.

Glad that it hasn't happened against us because he would've been guaranteed a Buffon-esque performance with our luck.

When was the last time we had an outfield player in goals? I vaguely remember Jackson in goals vs Celtic.

Scott Allan Key
28-02-2017, 08:04 PM
El Alagui scores for Ayr. 62 mins.

I'm_cabbaged
28-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Got 50 on at ht at 20/21 with bet365 and they're only offering me 41 cash out.???

weedgiehibbie
28-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Seems to be doing not bad and according to BBC he's made a few decent saves.

Glad that it hasn't happened against us because he would've been guaranteed a Buffon-esque performance with our luck.

When was the last time we had an outfield player in goals? I vaguely remember Jackson in goals vs Celtic.

Either Jackson at Parkhead or Andy Millen in goals away to Motherwell at roundabout the same time/era after Leighton got sent off, cant remember anything more recent but I'm more than half expecting to be missing something obvious or highly memorable that I forgot :greengrin

Onceinawhile
28-02-2017, 08:26 PM
Edinburgh city 2-1 up.

Slim Shady
28-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Either Jackson at Parkhead or Andy Millen in goals away to Motherwell at roundabout the same time/era after Leighton got sent off, cant remember anything more recent but I'm more than half expecting to be missing something obvious or highly memorable that I forgot :greengrin

Jackson eventually went in goals at parkhead. Hibs played a few mins without a gk as Leighton was getting treatment then not allowed to return to the field as still blood showing. The footage is on YouTube

Slim Shady
28-02-2017, 08:32 PM

What about Ayr United. Why should they be punished In this by postponing the game.

leither17
28-02-2017, 08:35 PM
Had Ayr -1 we better put 3 past them on Saturday

JimBHibees
28-02-2017, 08:36 PM
What about Ayr United. Why should they be punished In this by postponing the game.

Totally agree if Raith couldn't sign someone whose fault is that. 1 nil doesn't suggest it wasn't a competitive game either.

HibsNutter
28-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Raith struggled to beat a team that put that freak in goals, think we panicked over our lack of CB's for next Saturday:greengrin

greenginger
28-02-2017, 08:56 PM
Just checked that he is cup tied as played in pars game v Buckie thistle.

Shhh ! you were not meant to tell them that. :greengrin

greenlex
28-02-2017, 09:30 PM
The spfl knocked back the postponement. There must have been a sound reason for this as Miss Dempster is part of the executive decision making. Perhaps there was a 4th goalie on their books or a previous precedent set? Anyway the decision should be publicly justified.

number9dream
28-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Rovers have been playing without a sub keeper for the previous 3 games and then ask for a postponement at short notice, not sure I have much sympathy but agree with those saying player registration rules need to be simplified.
We have benefited from the strange emergency loan system but that is disappearing after this season.

tamig
28-02-2017, 09:51 PM
Emergency loans can only be done within your own association, unless it's different for a keeper.

I fully understand that. The poster I responded to used the term emergency loan when having a go at the SPFL. I was saying they could have got a loan from anywhere other than Scotland. The SPFL didn't stop them going down that road. They just couldn't get anybody.

Andy74
28-02-2017, 09:58 PM
I fully understand that. The poster I responded to used the term emergency loan when having a go at the SPFL. I was saying they could have got a loan from anywhere other than Scotland. The SPFL didn't stop them going down that road. They just couldn't get anybody.

Surely their fault if they couldn't persuade anyone. Authorities have obviously said no postponement because we are happy for you to sign anyone you want.

tamig
28-02-2017, 10:04 PM
Surely their fault if they couldn't persuade anyone. Authorities have obviously said no postponement because we are happy for you to sign anyone you want.

Exactly.

monktonharp
28-02-2017, 10:10 PM

The authorities don't any favours unless you're of Glaswegian persuasion.the Harry Wraggs will be safe then:duck:

monktonharp
28-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Emergency loans can only be done within your own association, unless it's different for a keeper.T Rilest could have played, surely? dozens of nearby amateur / juniors on the go.

monktonharp
28-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Just checked that he is cup tied as played in pars game v Buckie thistle.well, let's hope they play him. gives us the tie

jgl07
01-03-2017, 09:24 AM
Raith are moaning with no case what so ever. They could have used a youth team goalkeeper. They could have signed anyone out of cotract. They could have signed someone on an emergency loan.

They chose not to do so and to request a postponement. Why mess around the supporters and the hosts because Raith couldn't be arsed to get an emergency loan?

If Raith have tried to pull the same stunt for a match at Easter Road I suspect that those who have booked rail tickets and a hotel would be hopping mad if was accepted.

tamig
01-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Raith are moaning with no case what so ever. They could have used a youth team goalkeeper. They could have signed anyone out of cotract. They could have signed someone on an emergency loan.

They chose not to do so and to request a postponement. Why mess around the supporters and the hosts because Raith couldn't be arsed to get an emergency loan?

If Raith have tried to pull the same stunt for a match at Easter Road I suspect that those who have booked rail tickets and a hotel would be hopping mad if was accepted.
They weren't allowed an emergency loan although they could have gone down the other routes you mention.

Peevemor
01-03-2017, 09:40 AM
They weren't allowed an emergency loan although they could have gone down the other routes you mention.

From the BBC (although they don't say who they're quoting)

"They could have brought in an under-21 goalkeeper, or an out-of-contract goalkeeper of any age, in each case without any permission from the SPFL board.

"They could also have sought permission from the SPFL board to bring in a goalkeeper of any age on an emergency basis.

"All of these options were explained to Raith Rovers, who chose to do none of these things and instead requested a postponement on the day of the match."

Andy74
01-03-2017, 09:41 AM

"They could have brought in an under-21 goalkeeper, or an out-of-contract goalkeeper of any age, in each case without any permission from the SPFL board.

"They could also have sought permission from the SPFL board to bring in a goalkeeper of any age on an emergency basis.

"All of these options were explained to Raith Rovers, who chose to do none of these things and instead requested a postponement on the day of the match."

Yep, that was the SPFL statement this morning - seems clear they just didn't do any of the things they could have done.

tamig
01-03-2017, 09:51 AM

Indeed. Although none of these scenarios fall under the emergency loan banner. Plenty options available which for some reason they couldn't or didn't execute.

Peevemor
01-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Indeed. Although none of these scenarios fall under the emergency loan banner. Plenty options available which for some reason they couldn't or didn't execute.

It sounds like they could have had a dispensation for an emergency loan had they asked.

Broken Gnome
01-03-2017, 10:16 AM
There's a goalkeeping school irony here.

tamig
01-03-2017, 10:31 AM

I'm sure big Maka would have been happy to help his old gaffer out.

Andy74
01-03-2017, 10:55 AM

Yogi got stick for that here but even with that we were down to our last keeper too at a certain stage!

mjhibby
01-03-2017, 11:06 AM
Yep, that was the SPFL statement this morning - seems clear they just didn't do any of the things they could have done.

As they already had their full quota of loans(5) then they would have to have got another club to agree to take a player back before trying to sign to sign a keeper. Surely then can be discretion for an event like this. Absolute farce.

G B Young
01-03-2017, 12:49 PM

Judging by his 'fitba folk ken whit's goin on' comments, Yogi didn't really understand the rules:

"The guys that sit and vote and put their hand up for it to go ahead, half of them couldn't kick the blankets off the bed, never played football. That's the problem - they don't know what it's all about.
"Maybe for the best of Scottish football, we'll take the hit, but this can't happen again in Scottish football."

Andy74
01-03-2017, 12:55 PM
As they already had their full quota of loans(5) then they would have to have got another club to agree to take a player back before trying to sign to sign a keeper. Surely then can be discretion for an event like this. Absolute farce.

The SPFL confirmed though that they could have asked for dispensation to get a loan in - of any age. They also had the other 2 options of an under 21 keeper or an out of contract player. No excuse.

CallumLaidlaw
01-03-2017, 01:03 PM
The SPFL confirmed though that they could have asked for dispensation to get a loan in - of any age. They also had the other 2 options of an under 21 keeper or an out of contract player. No excuse.

Listening to their chairman last night on Sportsound it sounds like they did try. Used their contacts to try and get a keeper but struggled to line up an U21 goalie, so they set the wheels in motion to change the loan they have in place with Aberdeen for Aaron Lennox to a permanent transfer, meaning they could bring in an over 21 goalkeeper as an emergency loan. Celtic agreed to loan them Logan Bailly but at the last minute on Monday night, Bailly decided he didn't fancy it, so Raith didn't bother transferring Lennox's loan to permanent and didn't need to apply to the SPFL to bring in a goalkeeper as they simply couldn't find one. Seems bizarre that there wasn't an out of contract keeper they could bring in for a month but it does seem they tried a few options before rquesting for the game to be cancelled yesterday morning.

jgl07
01-03-2017, 01:25 PM
Just imagine if Hibs hadn't bothered to bring in Ambrose or Maclean and instead demanded that tonight's match at St Mirren be postponed because we had three Central Defenders out injured.

I can't imagine St Mirren being too impressed. Neither would any Hibs supporters who had made arrangements to attend.