PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: AWAY SEASON TICKET 2017-18

RSS Bot
28-02-2017, 12:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7322)

3pm
28-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Not next season for me.

SteveHFC
28-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Not next season for me.

No point of using it if we go up. You'll get tickets for any game you want next season.

Carheenlea
28-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Disappointing that this will continue instead of a loyalty scheme. The small take up suggests there is not a huge appetite for an Away ST.
I go to most games home and away, but will invariably miss the odd one here and there. I don't mind paying for a standard ST as the money goes to Hibs regardless of whether you can make it or not, but the away ST money goes to the away club, so it is not a viable or sensible option for me. There will be a few thousand others in the same predicament I'm sure.

Hiber-nation
28-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Pointless. The only blemish on a great ST campaign.

HH81
28-02-2017, 12:59 PM
No doubt the odd one in favour of these will be along to tell us how great a fan they are shortly.

:greengrin

hibeedonald
28-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Agreed. The way hearts do the loyalty scheme is spot on.

Geo_1875
28-02-2017, 01:01 PM
No point of using it if we go up. You'll get tickets for any game you want next season.

Probably not for Ibrox (if they're still around) or Tynecastle. There will be a scramble among ST holders for tickets.

Disappointing that this will continue instead of a loyalty scheme. The small take up suggests there is not a huge appetite for an Away ST.
I go to most games home and away, but will invariably miss the odd one here and there. I don't mind paying for a standard ST as the money goes to Hibs regardless of whether you can make it or not, but the away ST money goes to the away club, so it is not a viable or sensible option for me. There will be a few thousand others in the same predicament I'm sure.

If you won't make all the away games just arrange with a regular attender to buy your ticket from you rather than through the club.

I did lose out when the loyalty scheme was abandoned and I don't have an away ST but I can't see why some people have a problem with this.

SteveHFC
28-02-2017, 01:06 PM
Probably not for Ibrox (if they're still around) or Tynecastle. There will be a scramble among ST holders for tickets.

If you won't make all the away games just arrange with a regular attender to buy your ticket from you rather than through the club.

I did lose out when the loyalty scheme was abandoned and I don't have an away ST but I can't see why some people have a problem with this.

Can always queue up if so for these games.

Geo_1875
28-02-2017, 01:09 PM
Can always queue up if so for these games.

Yeah, ok, that sounds like a plan. Take a chance on not getting tickets for 4 category A games or buy an away ST and recycle any unwanted tickets to friends or fellow fans. I know what I'd do.

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Great for me, pity for guys like carheenlea:aok:

StevieCowan
28-02-2017, 05:23 PM
Great for me, pity for guys like carheenlea:aok:

That's cause you helped design the scheme!

hibbysam
28-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Yeah, ok, that sounds like a plan. Take a chance on not getting tickets for 4 category A games or buy an away ST and recycle any unwanted tickets to friends or fellow fans. I know what I'd do.

And when yer pals don't want them or can't make it either then you suddenly find yourself out of pocket by the tune of £60+ for 3 games and not being able to sit beside your pals at games that you can all go to, and all for 2-4 games per season that you'll get tickets for anyway. In fact I can't remember the last time a run of the mill league game at Ibrox required queuing for.

Iggy Pope
28-02-2017, 05:40 PM
Disappointed that this is dragging on another year.
A laughable scheme that suits not only a miniscule fraction of our ST Holders but also a fraction of our regular Away support. The uptake figure speaks for itself. And why restrict that potential uptake anyway? Surely not in an attempt to make it look appealing.

Camp beds oot for the Tynecastle Lotto but most probably nowhere else. Followed by another wee squeeze at our nads in the form of a shambolically managed release of late 'hospitality' tickets. Followed by more frustration, rage and Club phones off the hook.

Fail Leeann, I'm afraid.

Billy Whizz
28-02-2017, 05:51 PM

Hardly, he much preferred the loyalty scheme, like I do

3pm
28-02-2017, 05:52 PM

Snap.

Iggy Pope
28-02-2017, 05:57 PM

He did. And it is scandalous that the scheme was dismantled with so many people having bought into it.
Dismantled for no real reason that I've been informed of other than misunderstanding of how it worked, a bit of displeasure with a bonus incentive that was the doing of the club and its shareholding, discomfort with it's title and (crucially) what it cost the club to administrate.
All VERY easily adjusted in my humble etc.

oldbutdim
28-02-2017, 06:03 PM

Spot on.
I miss a few games for various reasons - no problem with Hibs keeping my dosh, but it's plain daft to give money to a competitor when I won't even have my fat arse in a seat.

Billy Whizz
28-02-2017, 06:03 PM
He did. And it is scandalous that the scheme was dismantled with so many people having bought into it.
Dismantled for no real reason that I've been informed of other than misunderstanding of how it worked, a bit of displeasure with a bonus incentive that was the doing of the club and its shareholding, discomfort with it's title and (crucially) what it cost the club to administrate.
All VERY easily adjusted in my humble etc.

Unfortunately you can't adjust stubbornness

jodjam
28-02-2017, 06:04 PM
The loyalty scheme as it was diminished the value of a season ticket. Therefore keeping it would have seen some not buying a season ticket resulting in a loss of revenue. I've no idea how many but it would have seen a drop. The away ST does not suit me financially and neither does the home one but i will buy my usual three. I think the current setup will see us push through 12k for next season.

Iggy Pope
28-02-2017, 06:13 PM
The loyalty scheme as it was diminished the value of a season ticket. Therefore keeping it would have seen some not buying a season ticket resulting in a loss of revenue. I've no idea how many but it would have seen a drop. The away ST does not suit me financially and neither does the home one but i will buy my usual three. I think the current setup will see us push through 12k for next season.

In what way Jodjam?

hibbysam
28-02-2017, 06:17 PM

I'd love to know how a loyalty scheme for away tickets diminished the fact you bought a season ticket to attend every home game... I certainly am struggling with it, unless your saying people buy season tickets to ensure they are in a queue with 11k others for a ticket for tynecastle.

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2017, 06:32 PM

Did I, news to me......

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2017, 06:38 PM
No doubt the odd one in favour of these will be along to tell us how great a fan they are shortly.

Don't see anyone doing this, silly pop

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2017, 06:39 PM

In no way did it diminish value of a ST, that is wrong

HH81
28-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Don't see anyone doing this, silly pop

Not as yet anyway.

marinello59
28-02-2017, 06:46 PM
In no way did it diminish value of a ST, that is wrong

It's not really wrong though. Prior to the loyalty scheme a ST gave you the same chance of a ticket for an away game as every other season ticket holder. That perk was removed for many. I ain't getting involved in the rights and wrongs of the loyalty scheme though. Well not again. :greengrin

dp00
28-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Don't understand how hearts can do loyalty scheme perfectly well, even for the game at Easter road they weren't complaining with who was getting tickets and who wasn't. Yet we struggled...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2017, 06:50 PM
It's not really wrong though. Prior to the loyalty scheme a ST gave you the same chance of a ticket for an away game as every other season ticket holder. That perk was removed for many. I ain't getting involved in the rights and wrongs of the loyalty scheme though. Well not again. :greengrin

No point going on over old ground as LP system won't be returning. But a ST was for home games, and points system was to safeguard regular away day attendees. That said it's futile now, so no point debating the rights or wrongs:aok:

Iggy Pope
28-02-2017, 07:04 PM
No point going on over old ground as LP system won't be returning. But a ST was for home games, and points system was to safeguard regular away day attendees. That said it's futile now, so no point debating the rights or wrongs:aok:

I think the debate needs to continue as the wrongs are continuing into next season.Sadly. And again there is no safeguard. Other than 100% away day attendees being guarded. At a cost. **** the 75% and the 50% and the 33%. They better get in the Lottery queue with the other 11,000 or so, much of whom form about 5% away day attendees.

Either a points system. Or a ballot. Now.

Billy Whizz
28-02-2017, 07:11 PM
I think the debate needs to continue as the wrongs are continuing into next season.Sadly. And again there is no safeguard. Other than 100% away day attendees being guarded. At a cost. **** the 75% and the 50% and the 33%. They better get in the Lottery queue with the other 11,000 or so, much of whom form about 5% away day attendees.

Either a points system. Or a ballot. Now.

I'm hoping the new Fans directors take up as soon as they are appointed

jodjam
28-02-2017, 07:23 PM
In what way Jodjam?

Been a season for 30+ years. Rightly or wrongly I believe it brings 2 benefits. My reserved seat and being first in line for away games. Matches like semis at Tynecastle and Dens over the years have seen the ST get first dibs. If I recall in the 90s so did shareholders.

Therefore due to the poor administration of the Loyaty points it has created tiers within the ST. For first time ever last year I couldn't attend a game at PBS as one point difference between me and my son. I missed a home league cup game cos of working away. The scheme dictates that i couldn't attend a game with my lad despite taking him to games since he's was 3. He's now 19. That's a lot of years of sitting together. I like the away ST. It works. I don't think the other scheme did.

If my 3 season tix were gonna put the family in different groups them I would rather keep my £800+ and become a walk up.

Feel this topic been done to death so will bow out. Hope we are all watching a top flight side next year backed by record season ticket sales

StevieCowan
28-02-2017, 07:26 PM
BF has clarified via PM that he was not involved in the Away ST. My mistake after reading a recent post about who was involved in the Working Group.

marinello59
28-02-2017, 07:27 PM

Fancy a good old fashioned flag debate instead? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2017, 07:29 PM
Fancy a good old fashioned flag debate instead? :greengrin

What kind, white, or tri-colour:greengrin

Iggy Pope
28-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Been a season for 30+ years. Rightly or wrongly I believe it brings 2 benefits. My reserved seat and being first in line for away games. Matches like semis at Tynecastle and Dens over the years have seen the ST get first dibs. If I recall in the 90s so did shareholders.

Therefore due to the poor administration of the Loyaty points it has created tiers within the ST. For first time ever last year I couldn't attend a game at PBS as one point difference between me and my son. I missed a home league cup game cos of working away. The scheme dictates that i couldn't attend a game with my lad despite taking him to games since he's was 3. He's now 19. That's a lot of years of sitting together. I like the away ST. It works. I don't think the other scheme did.

If my 3 season tix were gonna put the family in different groups them I would rather keep my £800+ and become a walk up.

Feel this topic been done to death so will bow out. Hope we are all watching a top flight side next year backed by record season ticket sales

Appreciate you are bowing out but you cant give 11,000 people "first dibs" on 3000 tickets no matter how long you or your son have had a ST.. I missed my first cup tie in 36 years this season and it is boiling my piss.
You can give 1500 of those 11,000 who regularly travel, first dibs.
Nutshell for me.
Ignore those who travel? Fine if that's the procedure.
Ballot is therefore a necessity.

Baldy Foghorn
BF has clarified via PM that he was not involved in the Away ST. My mistake after reading a recent post about who was involved in the Working Group.

For extra clarification the Working Group was involved in set up of LP system. Away ST was inititiated by the Club.....

marinello59

StevieCowan
28-02-2017, 07:33 PM
For extra clarification the Working Group was involved in set up of LP system. Away ST was inititiated by the Club.....

Were you involved in the evolution of the LP system...

I am kidding, relax.. :)

Iggy Pope
28-02-2017, 07:35 PM

I've got both ready to wave but ****ed if anyone else is. taking them to a game that I can't get to.:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2017, 07:42 PM
Were you involved in the evolution of the LP system...

I am kidding, relax.. :)

Yes I was, but nowt to do with Away ST:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
28-02-2017, 07:43 PM
I've got both ready to wave but ****ed if anyone else is. taking them to a game that I can't get to.:agree:

:greengrin:aok:

hibsdaft
28-02-2017, 07:48 PM
How about a "half" Away Season Ticket for those who wish to attend some but not all away games over the course of a season? E.g. you commit to buying say, ten away tickets over the course of the season. When a game comes up, you simply purchase your ticket in the usual manner and one ticket is rubbed off from your "ten". If you do not go on to actually buy ten tickets over the course of a season, you could be debited for the cost of the final games of the season to bring you up to ten - you would after all have committed to buying ten away tickets.

I can understand the club wanting to avoid the admin associated with managing the loyalty points programme. Dealing with complaints and fixing minor errors is not a great use of the club's resources. But there needs to be a half way house that will help distinguish between the hardcore 2000 who regularly travel away and should be guaranteed a ticket for the big games, and the likes of myself who only go to a handful of nearby away games a season, or those who don't at all.

Iggy Pope
28-02-2017, 08:02 PM
How about a "half" Away Season Ticket for those who wish to attend some but not all away games over the course of a season? E.g. you commit to buying say, ten away tickets over the course of the season. When a game comes up, you simply purchase your ticket in the usual manner and one ticket is rubbed off from your "ten". If you do not go on to actually buy ten tickets over the course of a season, you could be debited for the cost of the final games of the season to bring you up to ten - you would after all have committed to buying ten away tickets.

I can understand the club wanting to avoid the admin associated with managing the loyalty points programme. Dealing with complaints and fixing minor errors is not a great use of the club's resources. But there needs to be a half way house that will help distinguish between the hardcore 2000 who regularly travel away and should be guaranteed a ticket for the big games, and the likes of myself who only go to a handful of nearby away games a season, or those who don't at all.

The dismantled system already covered al of this criteria without the need to complicate it further still.. Two games, five games, ten games....points. Apart from the bit the club couldn't quite manage. Clearly couldn't manage.

ihibs7
28-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Agree, if you don't give priority to the fans who go every week then they won't go every week. That's self defeating madness no matter what spurious arguments are put up.

Appreciate you are bowing out but you cant give 11,000 people "first dibs" on 3000 tickets no matter how long you or your son have had a ST.. I missed my first cup tie in 36 years this season and it is boiling my piss.
You can give 1500 of those 11,000 who regularly travel, first dibs.
Nutshell for me.
Ignore those who travel? Fine if that's the procedure.
Ballot is therefore a necessity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
01-03-2017, 10:24 AM
We are away tonight, and travel this season has all been pretty doable with Greenock and Dumfries probably the two longest trips. Next season we might have Aberdeen, and maybe both ICT and Ross County, which rules out many travelling should such fixtures there be scheduled midweek.

southern hibby
01-03-2017, 10:51 AM

SC, total respect for coming out and admiring your mistake on the forum. Takes a lot of moral fibre to publically admit a mistake. If only others could follow your standing and admit when they've made a mistake too.

GGTTH