PDA

View Full Version : Jambos january signings

DarlingtonHibee
27-02-2017, 05:01 PM
I think they signed nine in January - quite a lot of agents commission. Hope they didn't use the same agent or friends...

jacomo
28-02-2017, 09:04 AM
Not quite sure what you are implying, but I'm sure that dismantling a squad that was competing for 2nd place and signing a bunch of players who look ill-equipped for the task was done solely with the best interests of the club at heart.

eastmainsmsh
28-02-2017, 09:10 AM
If it was any other team that **** levein would be away Coz he wis budges fav player he is safe but loving it yam gits

JimBHibees
28-02-2017, 09:21 AM
Got to be said why 9 players seems an incredible turnover of players. Cathro is highlighted and criticised however looks to me like a few others should be questioned. Would be interesting to know how much input he actually had in all of this.

greenginger
28-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Got to be said why 9 players seems an incredible turnover of players. Cathro is highlighted and criticised however looks to me like a few others should be questioned. Would be interesting to know how much input he actually had in all of this.

I would suggest the square root of f.a.

He was a lower pecking order coach at Newcastle until December when he suddenly gets the Gorgie gig . Did he scout all these players and assess and approve them or just say,

" If you say so , Mr Levein ".

JimBHibees
28-02-2017, 09:36 AM

He was a lower pecking order coach at Newcastle until December when he suddenly gets the Gorgie gig . Did he scout all these players and assess and approve them or just say,

" If you say so , Mr Levein ".

Think there was some chat that the Greek Xavi had been recommended by McPhee his assistant as he had come up against him in a Northern Ireland / Greece game. Just on my view Sowah, other Greek centre half and Martin look junk. Slovenian right back average at best. Congalves hit or miss and an attitude. Hughes steady enough but 37. Winger guy that came on v us looks skilful think he is Moroccan. Some of the existing squad will be hacked off with the numbers coming in IMO.

Smartie
28-02-2017, 09:39 AM
They weren't exactly brilliant for a spell before and just after Cathro took over though, and Souttar got injured shortly after Cathro's arrival as well.

It seems to me that Cathro took a quick look around, judged that what he had wasn't good enough for the job and went to the "Pat Fenlon get me out of trouble short term panic buy" superstore.

It might have worked, it might not have. Had they beaten us in the cup then I suspect all would look rosy over the road but alas, they did not and now fingers are being pointed and questions asked.

They are short term signings and will clear off in the summer giving Levein and Cathro a blank canvas and tbh they'd be mad not to give him a bit of time to make his mark and settle in. He's a rookie manager and will need to learn quickly but his credentials are decent and so might turn it around.

Their biggest problem may prove to be their own support, with their unrealistic expectations having been conditioned to watch football on a budget they can only now dream of.

A bit of patience and I could see them doing ok. I just don't think patience will be in great supply, particularly if we go up and make a decent start to next season.

In the meantime though, if Craig Levein and John Colquhoun can make a few quid, why not?

northstandhibby
28-02-2017, 09:39 AM

" If you say so , Mr Levein "

Probably along the lines of Potter saying to his boy - 'What do think of signing Maulary Martin on a three year deal?'.

Being the boss man its a bit of a rhetorical question.

glory glory

Ozyhibby
28-02-2017, 09:41 AM
Think there was some chat that the Greek Xavi had been recommended by McPhee his assistant as he had come up against him in a Northern Ireland / Greece game. Just on my view Sowah, other Greek centre half and Martin look junk. Slovenian right back average at best. Congalves hit or miss and an attitude. Hughes steady enough but 37. Winger guy that came on v us looks skilful think he is Moroccan. Some of the existing squad will be hacked off with the numbers coming in IMO.

It was really lucky that they all had the same agent though. Made negotiations really easy for Hearts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
28-02-2017, 09:49 AM
It was really lucky that they all had the same agent though. Made negotiations really easy for Hearts.

Undoubtedly would have helped. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
28-02-2017, 09:51 AM
You just know it isn't going to turn out well, which is pleasing.

greenginger
28-02-2017, 10:02 AM

Just as it was lucky that the contractor appointed to build the accommodation under the Wheatfield stand was Ann Budge's brother.

£ 905,000 estimate for the work , I wonder what the final total was. :cb

Bostonhibby
28-02-2017, 10:03 AM
You just know it isn't going to turn out well, which is pleasing.
Don't see it myself. In a very short space of time they've signed an entire division of the French foreign Legion, got thrashed by Hibs and the jags plus they are the only football team in the universe with a fan owned girder.

What could go wrong?

Ozyhibby
28-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Just as it was lucky that the contractor appointed to build the accommodation under the Wheatfield stand was Ann Budge's brother.

Likely will get the internal fit out of new stand as well.

Billy Whizz
28-02-2017, 10:09 AM
Likely will get the internal fit out of new stand as well.

Thought they had no money to fit it out?

JimBHibees
28-02-2017, 10:10 AM

Wonder if others were allowed to bid also. Doesn't look good IMO if others werent.

Quite nepotistic bit like the agent connection.

brog
28-02-2017, 10:14 AM

I believe the only one which came directly from Cathro was Goncalves having worked with him in Portugal. Only he & Martin ( :thumbsup: ) are on long term contracts, all others are loans or contracts expire in summer. Then the agents get more money!!

greenginger
28-02-2017, 10:17 AM
Wonder if others were allowed to bid also. Doesn't look good IMO if others werent.

Quite nepotistic bit like the agent connection.

" Others " might have wanted to see a Building Warrant before the work was started.

Still not been issued and the place is occupied while our Council building officers are told to look the other way.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-02-2017, 01:29 PM
One thing's for sure, it's all gonna go tits up soon, that is unless the Roseberry snobs keep filling the gaps in funding.

Ryan69
01-03-2017, 04:21 AM

Rumour has it they were all in his Football Manager team. :)

greenlex
01-03-2017, 04:52 AM
I believe the only one which came directly from Cathro was Goncalves having worked with him in Portugal. Only he & Martin ( :thumbsup: ) are on long term contracts, all others are loans or contracts expire in summer. Then the agents get more money!!

Goncalves worked with the Afghan hound at St Mirren too.

green day
01-03-2017, 06:04 AM
I think they signed nine in January - quite a lot of agents commission. Hope they didn't use the same agent or friends...

Is this the John Colhoun connection?

Some Jambos also questioning this cosy arrangement with Levein too.

Reeks a bit, but are you surprised?

JoppaSands
01-03-2017, 06:45 AM
Buoyed by the sudden availability by a change of use injection of £8m tax free of fans money, they decide to splash out on a few extra players in a gamble on beating Hibs in the cup and a possibly easy, in their eyes, quarter against Ayr leading to a nice little earner £500k share of the spoils in the semis. Nae luck Jambos, it didn't happen. The gamble didn't work. And the tax man will be along soon for his VAT on the £5m.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-03-2017, 06:53 AM
Is this the John Colhoun connection?

Some Jambos also questioning this cosy arrangement with Levein too.

Reeks a bit, but are you surprised?

Not in the least GD, it's the yam way.

SirDavidsNapper
01-03-2017, 06:56 AM
We're they not second in the league when they ruined it all by appointing Cathro and signing 9 didies?

mjhibby
01-03-2017, 07:00 AM
They surely didn't sign all these players just to try and beat us in the cup. The problem they have got is that none of the sellable assets ie walker and Nicholson and the unfortunate Patterson wanted to sign a contract so no money there unless they get a development fee. Hence the reason potter admitting the signings were a big gamble and he hope to sell some of these players for a big profit. None of the nine will go for any decent money so thats a wasted half season. They must be desperate to sign as left back as poor as the one they did get who couldn't get into Hamilton's first eleven. No doubt the four players on loan till the end of the season will be off ski at seasons end and the transfer circus will spring into action again.it seemed they were on to be third in the league and Europe under Robbie then.... Something changed at the pbs and I'm sure harry potter was the main protagonist.

allezsauzee
01-03-2017, 07:55 AM
We're they not second in the league when they ruined it all by appointing Cathro and signing 9 didies?

In the words of Monty Burns.....eeexcellent!!

greenginger
01-03-2017, 08:02 AM
" Others " might have wanted to see a Building Warrant before the work was started.

Still not been issued and the place is occupied while our Council building officers are told to look the other way.

An update. Checked the Council website this morning.

Building Warrant for the work under the Wheatfield Stand granted 1/3/2017.

Somebody in the Council must follow Hibs.net,

Deansy
01-03-2017, 08:36 AM
They surely didn't sign all these players just to try and beat us in the cup. The problem they have got is that none of the sellable assets ie walker and Nicholson and the unfortunate Patterson wanted to sign a contract so no money there unless they get a development fee. Hence the reason potter admitting the signings were a big gamble and he hope to sell some of these players for a big profit. None of the nine will go for any decent money so thats a wasted half season. They must be desperate to sign as left back as poor as the one they did get who couldn't get into Hamilton's first eleven. No doubt the four players on loan till the end of the season will be off ski at seasons end and the transfer circus will spring into action again.it seemed they were on to be third in the league and Europe under Robbie then.... Something changed at the pbs and I'm sure harry potter was the main protagonist.

You're joking, eh ?. Never under-estimate how much we mean to them - their entire season/life/existence revolves around either beating us or getting one-up on us in one way or another ! Check out Hibs articles in the EEN/Scotsman - 9/10 the first post will be from a Jambo - they are literally obsessed with us !. It's a 'First' in the World of football - a 'Big team' obsessed with a 'Wee team' !

Carheenlea
01-03-2017, 09:01 AM
Bikey playing for free? One way of funding 9 signings right enough.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/dylan-bikey-i-m-playing-without-pay-to-fulfil-my-hearts-dream-1-4379099

ian cruise
01-03-2017, 09:10 AM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/dylan-bikey-i-m-playing-without-pay-to-fulfil-my-hearts-dream-1-4379099

That's unbelievable, one that he'd agree the terms and two that a top flight club would sign a player on an amateur contract and have him playing for free.

pacoluna
01-03-2017, 09:11 AM

relying on his family to send money :confused::confused: Can't believe hearts let him reveal this :tee hee: they refused to pay £40,000

FilipinoHibs
01-03-2017, 09:17 AM

That was the most cringe worthy and pathetic article I have read in a ling time. The boy will be emptied in the summer. A complete mercenary. Well shot of him.

oneone73
01-03-2017, 09:30 AM
That was the most cringe worthy and pathetic article I have read in a ling time. The boy will be emptied in the summer. A complete mercenary. Well shot of him.

Tbf, he sounds like the complete opposite of a mercenary.

Libby Hibby
01-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Terrible article and a poor attempt to try and appease the masses that the Hearts players 'care'.

A thinly veiled dig at Hibs by banderson but a total non story and I genuinely can't see them falling for the spin.

Horrible, horrible read. Report the facts and question what is going wrong at the PBS, lazy journalism.

On a separate front, anyone else feel that Kenny Millar (Sun Journo) is starting to show a deal of sympathy towards Hearts? I think he wants Cathro to be a success.

Ozyhibby
01-03-2017, 09:37 AM

That's what I thought. [emoji23]

FilipinoHibs
01-03-2017, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;4962215]That's what I thought. [emoji23]

He wants to play in EPL and thinks Hearts are a better stepping stone than us because they are in the big league and a better shop window. Dont buy the stuff about mum and dad sending him money. He will be getting brown envelopes from tge Hearts. All a scam to avoid paying the signing on fee to the French club.

Callum_62
01-03-2017, 12:04 PM

:greengrin:agree:

ian cruise
01-03-2017, 12:07 PM
On a separate front, anyone else feel that Kenny Millar (Sun Journo) is starting to show a deal of sympathy towards Hearts? I think he wants Cathro to be a success.

I think a few folk want him to succeed as he's a young man trying to do something a bit different and a break away from the usual cliques that exist in the Scottish Managerial merry go round. To be honest I hope he does well in the game too, just maybe not at Hearts.

AltheHibby
01-03-2017, 12:28 PM
That Scotsman thread is scary. The downright ignorance and twisting of facts to try to brand us as bigots is incredible.

They must have had lessons from Comical Ali.

Is It On....
01-03-2017, 01:05 PM

Is that true?

Ozyhibby
01-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Is that true?

Don't know about the price but the rest is.

Smartie
01-03-2017, 01:27 PM
I think a few folk want him to succeed as he's a young man trying to do something a bit different and a break away from the usual cliques that exist in the Scottish Managerial merry go round. To be honest I hope he does well in the game too, just maybe not at Hearts.

If he were anywhere other than Hearts I'd be desperate to see him succeed. Scottish football needs shaken up with new people and new approaches.

As it happens he chose to start at HMFC so f*** him, I hope he fails catastrophically.

greenginger
01-03-2017, 01:46 PM
Don't know about the price but the rest is.

You have to put a value of work on the building warrant application.

Their estimate is £ 907,485.00 , I'm sure a good claims surveyor could get the final price up to £ 1.5 million :greengrin

As I said in an earlier post , the building warrant was granted 1/3/2017, today , and the shop and ticket office have been operational for months.

Anywhere else except the PBS and there would be closure orders and court actions against businesses that behaved with a complete disregard to building laws and regulations.

R'Albin
01-03-2017, 01:48 PM
If he were anywhere other than Hearts I'd be desperate to see him succeed. Scottish football needs shaken up with new people and new approaches.

As it happens he chose to start at HMFC so f*** him, I hope he fails catastrophically.

Even if he weren't at Hearts I'd be hoping he failed. He's a smug prick. When he gets sacked by Hearts I'll be disappointed but not because I want him to succeed but because I'll be disappointed that they'll likely be slightly less *****.

SanFranHibs
01-03-2017, 02:02 PM
The agents, like all Hearts player signings, do it for love of the club.

They all had the opportunity of working with other clubs, including Hibernian, but turned them down to work for free with the club they love.

On your Bikey !!!

jacomo
01-03-2017, 02:48 PM

I'd warm to him more if he wasn't such a self-absorbed dreamer.

He's not the first character like this in football and won't be the last. The laptop manager jibe is apt. There are many thousands of people who think no one understands football like them - you see them all over the internet.

What they fail to grasp is that a manager's job is about leading a team, and instructing players to go out and do what is asked of them.

So far, there is near-zero evidence that he can do this.

R'Albin
01-03-2017, 02:52 PM
I'd warm to him more if he wasn't such a self-absorbed dreamer.

He's not the first character like this in football and won't be the last. The laptop manager jibe is apt. There are many thousands of people who think no one understands football like them - you see them all over the internet.

What they fail to grasp is that a manager's job is about leading a team, and instructing players to go out and do what is asked of them.

So far, there is near-zero evidence that he can do this.

:agree:

DarlingtonHibee
01-03-2017, 03:00 PM
:agree:

Yes but he is in potters pocket and the agents laughing all the way to the bank!!

R'Albin
01-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Yes but he is in potters pocket and the agents laughing all the way to the bank!!

Any manager worth his salt would bother to make his own signings instead of trusting Potter and his shady dealings.

Like Ranieri when he eventually takes the job :greengrin

Jack Hackett
01-03-2017, 06:45 PM

Much as I'd like to see young guys try something different, this is one young guy who's going a long way to convincing everyone that he's just a clueless, easily manipulated, graceless dick.....so that'll be a no from me as far as wishing him well goes