PDA

View Full Version : Deek

Hiber-nation
27-02-2017, 05:41 PM
Signed for Edinburgh City till end of season.

CMurdoch
27-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Hope he can still do it at that level.

Onceinawhile
27-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Could've done a job at centre half.

CMurdoch
27-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Has played 33 games in the last 5 years and is now 34.
Can he be bothered to get himself back up to speed.
We shall see.

IlDiavola
27-02-2017, 05:55 PM
He should still be playing at a much higher level.

Deeks had talent in abundance. :top marks

AgentDaleCooper
27-02-2017, 06:02 PM
could still do a job for us in this league

:cb

High-On-Hibs
27-02-2017, 06:06 PM

Somebody to watch the corner flags?

Haymaker
27-02-2017, 06:06 PM

Defo.

:hyper bring him home

ancient hibee
27-02-2017, 06:18 PM
They desperately need a goal sorer.Defensive record is very good.

hibs#1
27-02-2017, 06:24 PM
Hope does very well for them and can get finish his career with a bit of a flourish.with the natural talent he had/has he deserves it.

green day
27-02-2017, 06:24 PM
I love deek - anyone criticising him should maybe rewatch the Youtube stuff to see what WE actually mean to him.

That he may not have done enough in his later career is neither here nor there - he did well when he was here, is a dyed in the wool Hibby and despises the Jambos, thats enough for me.

Some right radges on here, honest tae god.

TelaStella
27-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Hope he can still pull it off these days. I seem to remember when he was at Eaat Fife recently he managed to score a couple and do okay before leaving quickly again. Even today if he's on his game and at his best he could do the job for anyone.

Hi Heid Yin
27-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Good luck Deeks!

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2017, 06:32 PM

You missed out 'anybody think he'

cleanyman
27-02-2017, 06:33 PM
He's never given up trying to find a new club

So fair play to him

Lendo
27-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Do they still have Craig Beattie playing up front for them as well?

portohibee
27-02-2017, 06:41 PM
I know jumbo Jeffries (director of football at city) rated him in his top 3 best Scottish players in recent years, the only player the yams worried about when they played us, changed days now of course [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
27-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Could've done a job at centre half.

:greengrin

mjhibby
27-02-2017, 07:41 PM
I love deek - anyone criticising him should maybe rewatch the Youtube stuff to see what WE actually mean to him.

That he may not have done enough in his later career is neither here nor there - he did well when he was here, is a dyed in the wool Hibby and despises the Jambos, thats enough for me.

While he played for hibs was a superb player.when on form was as good as forward as I've seen in over forty years. His goals against Hertz showcase his talent. Sad the way his career has petered out but no denying the joy he has given hibs fans.

Bostonhibby
27-02-2017, 07:44 PM

👍one of our own. Goalscorer par excellence and a Hibby. Wish him well

Billy Whizz
27-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Deek, one of my favourite ever Hibs players!

27-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Delighted he's managed to get himself a club. One of my favourite hibs players growing up, an absolute joy to watch and gave me some fantastic memories.

All the best Deek :thumbsup:

ColinNish
27-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Good luck Deek, hope it works out for him. 👍

Pretty Boy
27-02-2017, 08:46 PM
Wish him nothing but the best.

He made the odd mistake but on the park he had talent in abundance. Scored some of the best goals I've seen from a Hibs player and plenty of them. Hope he does well at City.

27-02-2017, 08:48 PM
Its just frustrating he never did more with his career. What a talent, wasted at celtic under Strachan. He could have made it down in England at very least Championship level, probably even EPL in his day IMO. Also should have gone on to be a regular starter for Scotland.

He saw the money and the big move to celtic but in the end it ruined him. Youngers players these days in a similar position should take note. He's not the first and won't be the last young talent to be ruined by one of the OF sadly.

Met him a couple of times and he's genuinely a very nice guy who was really happy to take time out to get pictures and autographs. A bit like Griffiths in the sense that the papers love to print a bad story about him and make him out to be a wee ned and a troublemaker and sure, he's had his problems and done silly things but unlike some players he never came across as arrogant or a "billy big baws" type. Certainly not the times I've met him anyway, was very kind and happy to have a chat etc.

Northernhibee
27-02-2017, 08:51 PM
Bring him back as cover for Leigh :hyper

LithgaeHibby
27-02-2017, 09:08 PM
Met him a couple of times and he's genuinely a very nice guy who was really happy to take time out to get pictures and autographs. A bit like Griffiths in the sense that the papers love to print a bad story about him and make him out to be a wee ned and a troublemaker and sure, he's had his problems and done silly things but unlike some players he never came across as arrogant or a "billy big baws" type. Certainly not the times I've met him anyway, was very kind and happy to have a chat etc.

Exactly my experience too. Came across as a really decent down to earth guy and I made sure to tell him what joy he'd given hibs fans over the years. Wish him all the best too. Won't ever forget those years watching the "golden generation"!

27-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Exactly my experience too. Came across as a really decent down to earth guy and I made sure to tell him what joy he'd given hibs fans over the years. Wish him all the best too. Won't ever forget those years watching the "golden generation"!

100%. The "golden generation" were an absolute joy to watch. Fantastic football and on our day we could beat anyone in the country and did!

Some of the best football i've ever seen at ER.

staunchhibby
27-02-2017, 09:16 PM
hope it works out for you Deek

Waxy
27-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Good way to end his career if he has a positive contribution in keeping Edin c a league club because they are in soapy bubble.

mutley
27-02-2017, 09:56 PM
It's good to hear he is playing again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
27-02-2017, 10:32 PM
👍one of our own. Goalscorer par excellence and a Hibby. Wish him well

:agree: :top marks

hibbysam
27-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Will be playing alongside our very own Lewis Allan, and also Jason's brother Dean is there also.

basehibby
27-02-2017, 10:46 PM
Good luck Deeks - forever a Hibee (anti?) hero - I'll always enjoy the memories of all those, often spectacular, goals in the Hibees green. I hope you enjoy another green spell with City :thumbsup:

MikeyS
27-02-2017, 11:06 PM
My favourite ever Hibs player, wish him all the best with City.

Known him him personally over the years and it's well documented the mistakes he's made but nothing major in my opinion and can't help but wonder if there's been a bit of bad mouthing going on about him in football circles over the years. Very strange to me he's never been picked up til now.

Anyway, good luck Deek!

silverhibee
28-02-2017, 01:08 AM
Edinburgh City confirm signing of former Hibs striker Derek Riordan

Edinburgh City have confirmed the signing of Derek Riordan on a deal until the end of the season after international clearance was received. The former Hibs striker has been brought in with a view to helping City find the net on a more regular basis. The Citizens face Cowdenbeath tonight in a bid to move seven points clear of their opponents at the bottom of the Ladbrokes League Two table. Riordan, who hasn’t played competitively since leaving York City last season, is glad to be back playing close to home. ”Having not played since May, I’m delighted to be back involved, more so playing in my home city,” said the former Scotland internationalist. “Hopefully Edinburgh City and I can be good for each other, and while short term, hopefully I can play my part in helping the club achieve its goals between now and the end of the season.” Having trained with the club earlier in the season, City manager Gary Jardine was happy to be able to add Riordan to his squad. “Derek comes with real experience in the game and has scored goals at the highest level,” Jardine said. “Him coming in at this point in the season will give the club a real lift as we enter the final quarter of the season.”

JackLadd
28-02-2017, 01:41 AM
I saw him at ER on Wednesday, was stood right next to me for a moment. Looks the same ten stone dripping wet guy from 2003.

Forza Fred
28-02-2017, 05:30 AM
My favourite ever Hibs player, wish him all the best with City.

Known him him personally over the years and it's well documented the mistakes he's made but nothing major in my opinion and can't help but wonder if there's been a bit of bad mouthing going on about him in football circles over the years. Very strange to me he's never been picked up til now.

Anyway, good luck Deek!

I wish Deeks nothing but the best.

However the last sentence in the quote is not totally true.

Amongst others, he had a spell at York City who were relegated from the football league, with the manager bemoaning his level of fitness.

Everybody knows he's got the ability, I guess the rest is up to him to prove he wants it bad enough.

Edinburgher
28-02-2017, 07:56 AM
Anyone know how many he notched against the hearts?

SON OF PADDY
28-02-2017, 08:22 AM
100%. The "golden generation" were an absolute joy to watch. Fantastic football and on our day we could beat anyone in the country and did!

Some of the best football i've ever seen at ER.

This !!!
A pleasure to watch,all the best deek.

CraigHibee
28-02-2017, 10:18 AM
i wish deek all the best with his move, no doubting his talent when he was with us

My_Wife_Camille
28-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Hibernian legend. Will be along to see him play

DaveF
28-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Silver - will he get any game time at tonight's battle of the basement at Cowdenbeath?

SanFranHibs
28-02-2017, 02:48 PM
He would stroll this league :wink:

Just thought I would add another to the growing list who would stroll this division :greengrin

Good luck to him !! Gets nothing but my very best wishes :flag:

Dashing Bob S
28-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Will love the man forever, but the idea 'that he would stroll the championship' is more likely to be literal than metaphorical/ironic. What condition of fitness/sharpness he's in right now, I don't know. So either we go by the judgement of every single manager and coach at a reasonable level of pro football, or if you have inside information that they are wrong and he's still capable of performing at a high level, (and that means today, not old You Tube classic goals please) do pass this on to Lennon and and Parker.

Craig_HFC
28-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Hope it goes well for him.

The most natural finisher I've ever seen at Easter Road (for Hibs or any team we've played). He could score almost any type of goal from almost anywhere.

JDHibs
28-02-2017, 03:00 PM
Hope it goes well for him. One of the most naturally gifted players ive seen in a Hibs shirt.

Hes made his mistakes in his career and wasted most of it, truly hope he helps Edinburgh City survive and get a contract so he can finish on a flurry! Scary that hes only 34. If he gets himself in shape, could still do a job in the championship.

BullsCloseHibs
28-02-2017, 03:33 PM
His first game could be at Meadowbank this Saturday vs Berwick Rangers...

silverhibee
28-02-2017, 03:53 PM
His first game could be at Meadowbank this Saturday vs Berwick Rangers...

They have a game tonight. :greengrin

silverhibee
28-02-2017, 04:03 PM
Silver - will he get any game time at tonight's battle of the basement at Cowdenbeath?

International clearance sorted Dave, so would expect him to be in squad tonight.

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Ridiculous that they can sign players this far out of the transfer window, surely this is cheating?

3pm
28-02-2017, 05:53 PM
Ridiculous that they can sign players this far out of the transfer window, surely this is cheating?

Free transfers OK, just loans.

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Free transfers OK, just loans.

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
28-02-2017, 06:19 PM
The yams really should have gone for him. Knows where the net is and can't be any worse than concalves.At least he'd manage to stay on the pitch for ninety minutes.

heretoday
28-02-2017, 09:07 PM
Does this mean he'll be getting together with Jim Jefferies? I thought he was involved with city now.

whereswallace?
28-02-2017, 11:38 PM
Went along tonight as he had hoped to be involved but never got on, the way the game was played, he wouldn't have had much of the ball anyway.

Still filled a free Tuesday night and 3 young Hibs loanees on show too.

monktonharp
28-02-2017, 11:59 PM
Its just frustrating he never did more with his career. What a talent, wasted at celtic under Strachan. He could have made it down in England at very least Championship level, probably even EPL in his day IMO. Also should have gone on to be a regular starter for Scotland.

He saw the money and the big move to celtic but in the end it ruined him. Youngers players these days in a similar position should take note. He's not the first and won't be the last young talent to be ruined by one of the OF sadly.

Met him a couple of times and he's genuinely a very nice guy who was really happy to take time out to get pictures and autographs. A bit like Griffiths in the sense that the papers love to print a bad story about him and make him out to be a wee ned and a troublemaker and sure, he's had his problems and done silly things but unlike some players he never came across as arrogant or a "billy big baws" type. Certainly not the times I've met him anyway, was very kind and happy to have a chat etc.I think there might have been more to it, re-his move to big money ie:Celtic. possibly bad advice from an agent, or more sinester happenings re- money owed to him from a previous deal/ Petrie dealings? it was never fully explained to fans, imho

monktonharp
01-03-2017, 12:05 AM
The yams really should have gone for him. Knows where the net is and can't be any worse than concalves.At least he'd manage to stay on the pitch for ninety minutes.he certainly knows where the gorgie nets are:greengrin

silverhibee
01-03-2017, 12:07 AM
Went along tonight as he had hoped to be involved but never got on, the way the game was played, he wouldn't have had much of the ball anyway.

Still filled a free Tuesday night and 3 young Hibs loanees on show too.

Not a good advert for Scottish football, that was a horrible game of football. :greengrin

monktonharp
01-03-2017, 12:41 AM
Derek Riordan = anti-Christ to all in maroon. Derek Riordan = not quite the messiah, to most Hibernian fans but close to it :greengrin