Please God,no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
27-02-2017, 04:11 PM

That's not Hibs class. Think he could do a good job for us in th short term

HoboHarry
27-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Go on tell us why? Impart your wisdom.......

bigwheel
27-02-2017, 04:12 PM

eh? how many players do we sign that have championship winning, international and Champions League experience....he will likely be our best defender...

Ozyhibby
27-02-2017, 04:13 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1381830-efe-ambrose-set-to-move-to-hibernian-on-emergency-loan/?utm_content=buffer2b5a4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 04:13 PM
That's not Hibs class. Think he could do a good job for us in th short term

He is shocking; truly awful. Our defence has been excellent this season.

snooky
27-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Given our current situation, I'd be happy if we signed Hen Broon.

Hibernia&Alba
eh? how many players do we sign that have championship winning, international and Champions League experience....he will likely be our best defender...

Have you seen him play, mate? It's terrifying.

CB_NO3
Great signing in the grand scheme of things. We have 3 defenders out and we have signed a player who has had over 50 caps for Nigeria. Ok, he has had a few dodgy games but he is dropping down a level.

Off the bar
I've always quite liked Ambrose, I think he reads the game really well, it's just sometimes his head is quicker than his feet. Should piss this league good signing IMO

Beefster
27-02-2017, 04:15 PM
We need a defender and he'll do completely fine at our level. Anyone who thinks that a Celtic defender isn't good enough for the championship is deluded imho.

bigwheel
27-02-2017, 04:16 PM

go away...he has made some high profile mistakes...but he has also been excellent in big games...do you think any of our defenders would get a move to Blackburn in the championship? I don't.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2017, 04:17 PM

We don't have any defenders, nearly all injured or suspended. Where do you think you can get a better defender than Ambrose, at this time of the season

HoboHarry
A nonsense comment with no substance - merely a reflection of your own bias against the player.

Stantons Angel
im not too sure about him either.
not so long ago people on here where calling him a " bombscare" and thats all we need at this stage of the season.
i hope im wrong!

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 04:18 PM
We need a defender and he'll do completely fine at our level. Anyone who thinks that a Celtic defender isn't good enough for the championship is deluded imho.

He should never have been anywhere near a club the size of Celtic. Rodgers took one look at him and decided he'd seen enough. I've seen him on the telly perhaps a dozen times, and without exaggeration can say he was appalling every time. There was a game at Firhill in which I felt sorry for him, it was that bad.

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 04:18 PM
A nonsense comment with no substance - merely a reflection of your own bias against the player.

I've watched him play. No bias, he was howling on EVERY occasion.

bigwheel
27-02-2017, 04:19 PM

I'll take his ex manager Neil Lennon's opinion over your views..

Billy Whizz
27-02-2017, 04:20 PM
He should never have been anywhere near a club the size of Celtic. Rodgers took one look at him and decided he'd seen enough. I've seen him on the telly perhaps a dozen times, and without exaggeration can say he was appalling every time. There was a game at Firhill in which I felt sorry for him, it was that bad.

Maybe not good enough for one of the best teams in the UK!
Should be good enough for 93 days loan at Hibs, unless you have an alternative

Beefster
27-02-2017, 04:21 PM

How was his performance in the African Cup of Nations final?

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 04:21 PM

Which is fine, of course. I'm just giving an honest opinion on a player I've watched and believe to be dreadful.

HibbyAndy
27-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Delighted if true !:agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Bomb scare! :confused:

greenginger
27-02-2017, 04:23 PM
Efe - 51 full caps for Nigeria.

Should be all right as long as he does not try to play clever football.

Lago
27-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Grow up.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2017, 04:24 PM
How was his performance in the African Cup of Nations final?

Didn't see it, but that's great that he's been playing matches, thought he'd just been training. May hit the ground running

SteveHFC
27-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Makes mistakes but every player does. Will stroll this league.

Lee Marvin
Which is fine, of course. I'm just giving an honest opinion on a player I've watched and believe to be dreadful.

Who would you rather have for CB - injured hanlon, injured forster, injured Fontaine, fit calum crane or fit efe ambrose?

Lago
No he's not. Our defence is decimated, or had you not noticed.

IanM
27-02-2017, 04:26 PM
Efe ambrose = cult hero

Scores the winner against rangers in the cup final

Heard it here first

Andy74
27-02-2017, 04:27 PM
Didn't see it, but that's great that he's been playing matches, thought he'd just been training. May hit the ground running

Indeed. Our options just now are limited to out of contract players who will hardly have trained and not played or loans from Scotland. Ambrose would have been playing for Blackburn if he got a visa. He will be as good as we can hope for just now.

JimBHibees
27-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Great signing in the grand scheme of things. We have 3 defenders out and we have signed a player who has had over 50 caps for Nigeria. Ok, he has had a few dodgy games but he is dropping down a level.

Cracking signing given the predicament we are in.

allezsauzee
To be fair, when he's looked dodgy it's usually been in Champions League or Europa League games. I very much doubt he'll be up against players of that class in the Championship. I wouldn't be surprised if there are threads on here come the end of the season discussing how we need to keep a hold of this guy next season.

Beefster

To be fair, that game was a couple of tournaments ago! Just making the point that he can't be 'appalling' in every game!

Hibernia&Alba
Who would you rather have for CB - injured hanlon, injured forster, injured Fontaine, fit calum crane or fit efe ambrose?

Based on what I've seen (which admittedly is only about a dozen full games) I don't know. Perhaps I've been unlucky to catch him on all his off days, but it would be a big coincidence. I can't believe there isn't another defender in British football who we could get to do a better job.

green with envy

Absolute ridiculous post.

G B Young
27-02-2017, 04:29 PM
Excellent move by Lennon at a pivotal stage of the season. Commons did us a good turn over the festive season and hopefully Ambrose can do similar for the next few games.

Onion

Agree, from what I've seen of him he's dreadful but that was at Prem level for Celtic. We've run out of CHs and he's got to be better than Bartley in that position. Lennon's done the right thing.

hibbycraig
I've never understood the 'he's made mistakes that have costs goals hes rubbish' argument. You could say the same for strikers that miss one on ones and penalties. Shouldn't happen but it does.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2017, 04:30 PM
We need him, yes he's made some very high profile gaffs but we need him while our other defenders are out injured.

Thecat23
27-02-2017, 04:31 PM
He might do well for us.

Andy74
Based on what I've seen (which admittedly is only about a dozen full games) I don't know. Perhaps I've been unlucky to catch him on all his off days, but it would be a big coincidence. I can't believe there isn't another defender in British football who we could get to do a better job.

We are limited to loans from Scotland outwith the window. so, who would be available in Scotland who would be a better player?

The manager also knows him and how he plays, takes another element of risk out of it.

Billy Whizz
Didn't realise he's only 28, thought he was much older than that

Hibernia&Alba
To be fair, when he's looked dodgy it's usually been in Champions League or Europa League games. I very much doubt he'll be up against players of that class in the Championship. I wouldn't be surprised if there are threads on here come the end of the season discussing how we need to keep a hold of this guy next season.

Partick Thistle and Motherwell aren't Champions League, mate, and he was torn a new one against both. As I say, I actually felt sorry for him. Not nice to see a player having a mare and getting it tight from his own fans.

mentalhibee
Would be a great signing🇳🇬👍🏻

Gordy M
27-02-2017, 04:32 PM
You mean like like kris commons?? He worked out not too bad for us?

brog
Ambrose gets caught out on occasion by over elaborating & trying to play too much football at the wrong time. The exact same criticism was aimed at Boyata, that's why until a few weeks ago he'd only made 1 appearance this season. Now he's a star. Ambrose can donly a fine job for us & he gives us a huge physical presence. I'm delighted with this, shows great initiative & commitment by Hibs & our rivals will be gutted.

Jim44
If our forwards can consistently up the scoring ratio, we can afford the odd bomb scare at the back. He's held in really low esteem at Parkhead and has become a figure of fun, but suddenly the muppets on KS are saying "great signing for Hibs."

macca70
27-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Assuming he is available for the cup games too as we have 0 centre halfs for Saturday

GreenCastle
27-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Efe ambrose = cult hero

Heard it here first

The new Logan.

Not sure his loan would last till then though..

Stewboy
27-02-2017, 04:34 PM
50 odd caps and a few PL winners medals

Aye, no good enough for us in the championship right enough

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 04:34 PM
You mean like like kris commons?? He worked out not too bad for us?

Commons has been great for Celtic too in his time there. I was thrilled we got him.

Gordy M
27-02-2017, 04:35 PM
Commons has been great for Celtic too in his time there. I was thrilled we got him.

Yeh but the point still stands, that you made, that Rodgers had a look and decided he wasnt good enough for celtic.

Heisenberg
27-02-2017, 04:36 PM

Ambrose has also been good for Celtc. He's had his moments but so have Hanlon, McGregor and Fontaine for us. Gray had a shocker at the weekend and gifted the Pars a goal too. Ambrose will be more than good enough for the championship.

theonlywayisup
27-02-2017, 04:37 PM
I have to admit that I know very little about Efe Ambrose as I rarely watch Celtic games.

My first reaction could easily have been "oh no, he's mince", because that's what everyone says!!

Can those who thinks he's "mince" can you provide some examples of this?

Onceinawhile
Helps us for Wednesday but we need another one in for Saturday!

Hibernia&Alba
Yeh but the point still stands, that you made, that Rodgers had a look and decided he wasnt good enough for celtic.

But Commons has proven over the years he is good enough.

Perhaps Ambrose will come in and do a good job - here's hoping - but I can only judge a player from what I've seen.

worcesterhibby
Fantastic news...international centre back with Champions League experience. Well done Lennon and Leanne

I'm looking forward to seeing a few goals from corners !

https://youtu.be/d9OvfkAdRPU

hibee
I can't remember seeing much of him but will welcome him onto the pitch at Easter Road like anyone else wearing our colours, the last thing we need is a defender panicking incase he does something that encourages booing.

greenginger
27-02-2017, 04:38 PM
He will be the last over 21 emergency temp. transfer we will do this season from another Scottish club .

Max 2 in a season.

Tom Hart RIP
28 year old 51 caps and 6ft 3inches. Works for me. Welcome to ER Effe.

Beefster

Griffiths and Henderson can barely get a game for Celtc either. I think they'd do alright in the Championship though.

at last 61
27-02-2017, 04:39 PM
go away...he has made some high profile mistakes...but he has also been excellent in big games...do you think any of our defenders would get a move to Blackburn in the championship? I don't.
Mcgregor

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Tom Hart RIP
I assume he isn't Cup tied??????

killie-hibby
He might do well for us.

As did Sol Bamba. Reputed to be a bomb scare, but did well for us. I still remember the guffaws of laughter from Chick Young et al when Sol's transfer to Hibs was announced on "The window closes" programme .

Hiber-nation
Good news. Seems to be one or 2 geniuses on here who'd prefer an untried 5 foot 8 left back in there.

MWHIBBIES
Prone to the odd clanger but were not getting better than that on short notice.

lucky
27-02-2017, 04:40 PM
He does have a habit of over playing and losing his concentration but that's at higher level that the championship in Scotland. He should be more than enough for this league.

supermcginn
Delighted, now is the not the time to be playing untested young players there's too much at stake.

Gordy M

Perhaps Ambrose will come in and do a good job - here's hoping - but I can only judge a player from what I've seen.

Yeh fair enough, but id argue so has ambrose. 113 games for celtic, 3 spl titles, scottish cup and ACN with Nigeria. Good enough for me. Time will tell.

frazeHFC
27-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Watched a lot of Celtic games last year as my flatmate was a Celtic fan and Ambrose is one of the worst players I've ever seen at that level. Hopefully proves me wrong and does a job for us!

brog
27-02-2017, 04:42 PM
The new Logan.

Not sure his loan would last till then though..

93 days, makes it easy!

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 04:43 PM
Watched a lot of Celtic games last year as my flatmate was a Celtic fan and Ambrose is one of the worst players I've ever seen at that level. Hopefully proves me wrong and does a job for us!

We can only call it as we see it, Fraze, and that was my conclusion too. That isn't bias, it's just a personal opinion of a player's ability. If it happens, perhaps he'll be fine in the Championship and prove us wrong, like you say.

leggeto
Bit of a bombscare IMO but I'm happy to forget his previous at Celtic and start with a clean slate,good luck to him

hibs#1
Can't say I've ever rated him.he does have a good pedigree tbf hope he turns out to be a great signing and will have my full support,in fairness to lennon he can't have had many options for an emergency loan.so if he thinks he good enough then that Sall I need to hear.

killie-hibby
27-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Efe ambrose = cult hero

Heard it here first

Dont count your chickens.

Form book says Hamilton Accies.

Brightside
27-02-2017, 04:45 PM
No issue with him coming in as an Emergency loan...we need him and he's the best available. Calum isn't a CH and its not fair to put him in there.

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2017, 04:47 PM
anytime i watched a sellick game on the tellybox i would comment as long as Ambrose is playing the other team had a chance of scoring...Efe would always oblige with a total **** up !

maybe just needs to drop a division :)

traceyhibs
27-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Think this is a good signing. Loads of experience. Unfortunately people only remember his howlers but he's also had some great games. Need a CB and trust Lennon on this.

GreenCastle
27-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Bambi on ice..

Bombscare..

Etc - completely predictable cliche chat.

We have hardly any options and are desperate for a quick fix. We all know who are strongest defenders are but currently for next 2 games we ridiculously short.

He will get my full support as we need him to do well.

calumhibee1
Think this is a good signing. Loads of experience. Unfortunately people only remember his howlers but he's also had some great games. Need a CB and trust Lennon on this.

He would be a cracking signing in normal circumstances, never mind the situation we find ourselves in now. Remember what other teams fans thought of Bamba? And he was outstanding for us.

matty_f
I think he would do a job for us. Certainly better than playing others out of position, imho.

Baw187
27-02-2017, 04:50 PM

Exactly this.

Celtic mates said pretty much the same. Was fine in the SPL but was brutal in Champions League playing Messi and co.

Reckon Big Daz might struggle against Messi. God knows Hanlon had a torrid time! [emoji23]

Stevie Reid
27-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Very pleased if we get him.

Borderhibbie76
27-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Nowhere near as bad as nae centre half's which is what we were faced with...give the guy and the club a break

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mikey
27-02-2017, 04:52 PM

Partick Thistle and Motherwell aren't Champions League, mate, and he was torn a new one against both. As I say, I actually felt sorry for him. Not nice to see a player having a mare and getting it tight from his own fans.

We can only call it as we see it, Fraze, and that was my conclusion too. That isn't bias, it's just a personal opinion of a player's ability. If it happens, perhaps he'll be fine in the Championship and prove us wrong, like you say.

Are you going to wait until his first mistake before you boo him or will you be giving him it tight as he takes the field?

BoomtownHibees
27-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Are you going to wait until his first mistake before you boo him or will you be giving him it tight as he takes the field?

Also answered every post other than those asking for his suggestion as to who we could get better at this stage of the season

HoboHarry
27-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Neither - he will be shouting at his radio.....

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 04:55 PM

Certainly won't boo the guy. We've had some really bad defenders down the years but I've never booed them. I felt for Ambrose when the Celtic support were on his back, like I said.

rotherhamrob
27-02-2017, 04:56 PM
Good job by Lennon.
What with injuries and suspensions we could quite feasibly have no cb's come Saturday.

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Also answered every post other than those asking for his suggestion as to who we could get better at this stage of the season

It isn't my job to choose players for the club, but have the right to express an opinion on a player. This is a football forum.

Neither - he will be shouting at his radio.....

No need to get snarky mate, just because you don't agree. Poor stuff. Had my ST a long time.

G B Young
27-02-2017, 04:59 PM
Fantastic news...international centre back with Champions League experience. Well done Lennon and Leanne

I'm looking forward to seeing a few goals from corners !

https://youtu.be/d9OvfkAdRPU

Excellent stuff.

I also recall him strolling through this game:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25074450

HoboHarry
27-02-2017, 05:00 PM
It isn't my job to choose players for the club, but have the right to express an opinion on a player. This is a football forum.

No need to get snarky mate, just because you don't agree. Poor stuff.
Nothing to do with not agreeing. You posted negative comments about a potential signing with nothing to back it up other than your own bias and when invited to name an alternative you hide behind the "no ma joab" line. You have little credibility........

Thecat23
27-02-2017, 05:01 PM

He defo has bamb scare moments. But I hope that in this league he won't be under the pressure he was at Celtic and can get on with the job in hand.

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 05:02 PM
Nothing to do with not agreeing. You have posted negative comments about a potential signing with nothing to back it up other than your own bias and when invited to name an alternative you hide behind the "no ma joab" line. You have little credibility........

I've watched the guy play and think he's a very poor player. That's how one usually forms an opinion. Nothing to back it up? I can only back it up with the evidence of my own eyes.

What would you like me to do, say I rate the guy, for no other reason than he might be coming to Hibs on an emergency loan? That would be totally disingenuous.

And it isn't my job to name alternatives. The manager chooses his players; we can only say what we think of them, and say it honestly.

Earlydelivery
27-02-2017, 05:03 PM
He'll do a job till the end of season .

JimBHibees
Ambrose gets caught out on occasion by over elaborating & trying to play too much football at the wrong time. The exact same criticism was aimed at Boyata, that's why until a few weeks ago he'd only made 1 appearance this season. Now he's a star. Ambrose can donly a fine job for us & he gives us a huge physical presence. I'm delighted with this, shows great initiative & commitment by Hibs & our rivals will be gutted.

Spot on.

traceyhibs
He would be a cracking signing in normal circumstances, never mind the situation we find ourselves in now. Remember what other teams fans thought of Bamba? And he was outstanding for us.

Yeah my friend was talking about Bamba as well. Totally agree

Mr White
27-02-2017, 05:04 PM
Just texted my celtc supporting cousin about Ambrose moving to us and his response was- never a footballer, maybe an athlete but never a footballer, just wait and see.

I'm going to give him a chance. As others have said already we need a CH and he's our best option it seems.

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Just texted my celtc supporting cousin about Ambrose moving to us and his response was- never a footballer, maybe an athlete but never a footballer, just wait and see.

I'm going to give him a chance. As others have said already we need a CH and he's our best option it seems.

But apparently your Celtic pal is full of bias and has no evidence to back up that opinion. :confused:

yonder1875
27-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Honestly cannot get my head around people condemning this move. Guy has made basic errors in big games before - which every defender does. However he has put in big performances for Celtic in the CL and the EL and people need to remember when he's playing for Celtic every move is scrutinised by the media that bit more. Very happy with this.

greenlex
27-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Once were back up to speed at Centre Back I think Ambrose will be a very able defensive midfielder. If we have lots of games including midweek this could be a fantastic addition to allow Bartley to get a breather. If Bartley was to get ijured we might struggle in there in certain games too.

JimBHibees
27-02-2017, 05:08 PM

He didnt play in this years final as his country werent in it.

Real Emerald
27-02-2017, 05:09 PM
I would have been happy with any recognised CH being signed this week but getting someone with Ambrose pedigree in the Championship is beyond expectations. We have NO CH available for Saturday. What do people really expect Lennon to do? Great piece of business if true. 👍

Lee Marvin
But apparently your Celtic pal is full of bias and has no evidence to back up that opinion. :confused:

Albeit not to the same extent, but ask man utd fans their thoughts on fellani. Most will probably say 'never a footballer.' Do you therefore think he would be awful for Newcastle Utd?

JimBHibees
He defo has bamb scare moments. But I hope that in this league he won't be under the pressure he was at Celtic and can get on with the job in hand.

Yep get him to keep it simple and he will be fine. Very quick defender which is always a good thing IMO.

Since90+2
27-02-2017, 05:10 PM

Ambrose has played 113 times for Celtic. If he was as bad as you are making out how has he managed to play over a century of games for the best team in the country?

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Albeit not to the same extent, but ask man utd fans their thoughts on fellani. Most will probably say never a footballer. Do you therefore think he would be awful for Newcastle Utd?

A hypothetical, mate. Celtic fans don't rate him at all and from what I've seen, I concur. Apparently this is tantamount to treason when he might be coming to Hibs for a wee while. I can't change my mind for that reason alone. If he comes to ER, he might change my mind. I can only give an honest opinion at this point that I'd rather not take him but look elsewhere. There must be someone somewhere who could do a job for us.

Iggy Pope
27-02-2017, 05:11 PM

I had a few Celtic supporting pals (not cousins mind you) that advised me we could have Scott Brown back after 6 games.
They're not much of a judge. And none of them were capped. Not even at Dominoes.

superfurryhibby
27-02-2017, 05:13 PM
Has he even signed?

Seems like a good move for all parties. Hopefully he signs and does a job for us until the regulars have returned. Pleased by this, if confirmed.

hibby6270
27-02-2017, 05:13 PM
From what I've seen of him on TV (don't think we've seen him at ER with Celtic have we?), Ambrose thinks he's a skilled footballer and tries things beyond his actual skill level.
As a defender, he does a job and as long as he sticks to doing just that, he'll be a good signing.

easty
27-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Don't see why so many folk are jumping down the throat of anyone who's had the audacity to suggest he's a bombscare.

I think he'll do alright, and he's obviously a better option than we have available to us right now, no doubt.

His reputation for being a calamity precedes him though, you can dress it up anyway you want, but it's no a fantasy made up by a few posters on Hibs.net in the last couple of hours.

ancient hibee
Signing a defender who has his off moments...hmm...never had one of those before.

JimBHibees
Once were back up to speed at Centre Back I think Ambrose will be a very able defensive midfielder. If we have lots of games including midweek this could be a fantastic addition to allow Bartley to get a breather. If Bartley was to get ijured we might struggle in there in certain games too.

Yep good option to have and could probably cover right back position also.

Spike Mandela
We heard all the same 'bombscare' stories when we signed Sol Bamba. He turned out a great signing imo.

Jim44
Amid all the opinionising about his ability, has there been any other news about the actual rumour beyond STV understands ...........?

JimBHibees
27-02-2017, 05:16 PM
We heard all the same 'bombscare' stories when we signed Sol Bamba. He turned out a great signing imo.

Yep and we also need to remember the level we are playing at most weeks.

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Don't see why so many folk are jumping down the throat of anyone who's had the audacity to suggest he's a bombscare.

I think he'll do alright, and he's obviously a better option than we have available to us right now, no doubt.

His reputation for being a calamity precedes him though, you can dress it up anyway you want, but it's no a fantasy made up by a few posters on Hibs.net in the last couple of hours.

Nope, it's a bit odd. It wouldn't be right to lie for the sake of unanimity. Others rate him, I don't, but some of the remarks have been a bit snide.

Centre Hawf
27-02-2017, 05:18 PM
I can't say I really rate Efe Ambrose if I'm honest. However given the nature of our situation with defenders, the window being closed, and the lack of availability in Scotland I'd say this move is the only one we could have made and I'm glad we did/might make it.

Anyone else who is out of favour at their club and available for emergency loan probably wouldn't be good enough for us. Ambrose could be a great signing, it could also easily be a disaster. But I'm going to support him like I do every Hibs player. I think he gets a tough time unfairly sometimes but a lot of his criticisms are warranted.

CathroMustStay
27-02-2017, 05:19 PM
There's a lot of ignorance when it comes to Efe Ambrose.

I remember one game relatively recently, when Deila was in charge. The tims played the yams at Tynecastle.

Although every time Ambrose touched the ball the Hertz fans sarcastically cheered, he soon strolled the game and Celtic won comfortably whilst keeping a clean sheet.

Obviously there are moments he can be a bomb scare, and spectacularly so, but for the most part he's a very technically able and modern centre back who can also defend when pressurised/he doesn't have too much time to think hence the over-casual-errors.

I would be delighted with such a temporary acquisition. :aok:

fat freddy
27-02-2017, 05:20 PM
just got a text from my Nigerian cousin and he said Efe was barry for Nigeria and would be a much better option for centre half than Bartley or Crane.

Gordy M
27-02-2017, 05:20 PM
A hypothetical, mate. Celtic fans don't rate him at all and from what I've seen, I concur. Apparently this is tantamount to treason when he might be coming to Hibs for a wee while. I can't change my mind for that reason alone. If he comes to ER, he might change my mind. I can only give an honest opinion at this point that I'd rather not take him but look elsewhere. There must be someone somewhere who could do a job for us.
Mate, its a football forum so everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when a new player signs(hopefully) there is nothing worse than folk coming on posting that he is terrible, and generally ripping him to shreds before he has even kicked a ball. Its like you buying a new car, being all excited and someone coming along and saying 'why did you buy that junk, terrible motor'.....it takes the shine of it? Most folk are pleased with new signings and hope that they do well, if you critisize at this early stage then expect folk to disagree and give the new player a chance??

Scottie
27-02-2017, 05:21 PM
I'll welcome the big man with open arm's as i think his experience will be invaluable in the run in for us. We are crying out for cover in the center back position and if he want to come that's brilliant.

As an aside has Hibs ever had a defender that has not cost us a goal at some stage of his playing time with us ? (as some on this thread seem to think he's not good enough to play for us) :rolleyes:

green with envy
27-02-2017, 05:23 PM

Celtic & Alba would seem more appropriate as it seems you're a bit of an expert on how Celtic players perform week in week out.

worcesterhibby
27-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Excellent stuff.

I also recall him strolling through this game:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25074450

Classic pic on that page !! :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Mr White
27-02-2017, 05:25 PM
I had a few Celtic supporting pals (not cousins mind you) that advised me we could have Scott Brown back after 6 games.
They're not much of a judge. And none of them were capped. Not even at Dominoes.

Fair comment. He's seen Ambrose play far more times than I have so I was interested in his opinion.

I'm actually happy with the signing and have a feeling he'll play well for us.

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Mate, its a football forum so everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when a new player signs(hopefully) there is nothing worse than folk coming on posting that he is terrible, and generally ripping him to shreds before he has even kicked a ball. Its like you buying a new car, being all excited and someone coming along and saying 'why did you buy that junk, terrible motor'.....it takes the shine of it? Most folk are pleased with new signings and hope that they do well, if you critisize at this early stage then expect folk to disagree and give the new player a chance??

Of course we'll all give him a chance, but we shouldn't have to say we think he's a good player just to avoid below the belt remarks. We can only give an opinion today based upon our own judgement, having seen a player. That isn't bias; what reason do we have to be biased against the guy?

KSA Hibee
27-02-2017, 05:26 PM
I just got an email from a Nigerian Prince who is a mate of his.. apparently there is an issue on the finances of this deal but I can get it over the line if I can help with giving my bank details ...

Happy to help if we can get back out of this bl@@dy league ...

Do you think it's genuine 🙏😋🏆🙄

Unseen work
27-02-2017, 05:26 PM
He has a mistake in him as he often tries to over do it.

Should be a solid signing none the less

cleanyman
27-02-2017, 05:27 PM
A centre half is better than no centre half

Good luck big man

Hi Heid Yin
I trust in Lennon and his judgment and if he thinks that Efe can do a solid job for us then that's good enough for me. The guy has played at a much higher level and should stroll this league - assuming that he is fit, of course.

Hibernia&Alba
Celtic & Alba would seem more appropriate as it seems you're a bit of an expert on how Celtic players perform week in week out.

:rolleyes:

Poor stuff again. Don't you have an opinion on ANY player who doesn't play for Hibs? Ironically, of course, if you rate the guy - and that's your right - you also have an opinion and are, therefore, passing yourself off as an expert on Celtic players, no?

Hi Heid Yin
27-02-2017, 05:28 PM
I just got an email from a Nigerian Prince who is a mate of his.. apparently there is an issue on the finances of this deal but I can get it over the line if I can help with giving my bank details ...

Happy to help if we can get back out of this bl@@dy league ...

Do you think it's genuine 🙏😋🏆🙄

:tee hee::tee hee:

worcesterhibby
27-02-2017, 05:29 PM
just got a text from my Nigerian cousin and he said Efe was barry for Nigeria and would be a much better option for centre half than Bartley or Crane.

My contact in Nigeria didn't have much of an opinion about Ambrose. But he has got $2,600,341.00 dollars that he needs to get out of the country due to the death of Prince Aki Makabatoo Asani III who owns oil rights in his state !!!

Sorry just seen someone has beaten me too this joke !!

Speedy
Interestingly he was at the same club as Rocky, hopefully helps him settle in quickly.

Deansy
With our injury-list - it's far preferable than having no CB at all !

Anyway, as others have said, he'll 'P*ss this league' - good signing.

edwards
27-02-2017, 05:30 PM
I am sure Mcgregor will keep him right on wednesday, will fontaine be back for sat ?????? if not we should play Gray with Ambrose in the centre against Ayr and bring in a younger player who can play right back.

MrSmith
27-02-2017, 05:30 PM

Spot on!

No no argument from me with this. We are in a critical period of the season where we need this player, full support for him and the team is paramount right now! :flag:

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Judging by some of the comments, you'd think we had the last 16 of the Champions League coming up, rather than Ayr in the cup and second tier Scottish League games.

Unseen work
27-02-2017, 05:33 PM
He will also bring a winners mentality.

Something that imo is invaluable

JackLadd
27-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Decent guy to get in short term. Happy with that.

easty
27-02-2017, 05:34 PM

I agree with your first sentence.

Your second though, football doesn't work like that. Joey Barton at Rangers?

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 05:38 PM

I'll raise you a £12 million Tor Andre Flo at Rangers :greengrin

Jim44
27-02-2017, 05:39 PM

I don't think that Barton is a good comparison. His bad time at Sevco was not particularly down to his ability but probably other issues one of which was that he is a fruit-case.

trev the hat
27-02-2017, 05:40 PM
We currently have three CB's injured and have an opportunity to sign an experienced Champions League & Spfl winning centre back until the end of the season to bolster our chances of promotion and progression in the SC. I'd say we're extremely fortunate to be gaining his services and welcome his signing big time.

ColinNish
27-02-2017, 05:41 PM

Excellent post. This place is unbelievable, are you not allowed to have an opinion on a player we've signed unless its positive? The harangueing of Hibernian&Alba on here for having an opinion is just bewildering. He's more or less answered any questions put to him and then some folk just start getting arsey with him.

My initial reaction when i heard about ambrose was "FFS, jesus wept". I'll be delighted to be proved wrong.

BTW, can Lennon no sign anyone apart fae Celtc players?

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Excellent post. This place is unbelievable, are you not allowed to have an opinion on a player we've signed unless its positive? The harangueing of Hibernian&Alba on here for having an opinion is just bewildering. He's more or less answered any questions put to him and then some folk just start getting arsey with him.

My initial reaction when i heard about ambrose was "FFS, jesus wept". I'll be delighted to be proved wrong.

Expected better of a few established posters. I don't know what they expect you to say, when you don't think a player is any good based upon what you've seen and the opinion of fans of his current club.

Heisenberg
27-02-2017, 05:43 PM

Not on an emergency loan, no. Only Celtc have players of the quality of Ambrose and Commons available to loan to us at this stage.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-02-2017, 05:44 PM
The impression through media quotes during the Jan transfer was that he had no intention coming to Hibs, so what has changed his mind.

Hope he's here to put a shift in, and with the right attitude.

Elephant Stone
27-02-2017, 05:44 PM

Nah he only signs Celtic players. And he's got a Henrick Larsson duvet set.

Since90+2
27-02-2017, 05:45 PM

If this goes through would it not only be Commons and Ambrose Lennon has brought to the club from Celtic?

Swedish hibee
27-02-2017, 05:45 PM
If he had signed for Hearts last week before the derby, we'd be cracking out the many, many jokes. We all know that is true.

B.H.F.C
27-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Expected better of a few established posters. I don't know what they expect you to say, when you don't think a player is any good based upon what you've seen and the opinion of fans of his current club.

I think most people would agree that Efe has had his moments.

However, they've all been at a higher level than he will be asked to play at for us. At this moment in time we can only sign a player from within Scotland. Is there anybody, who is available, that is better than him? I don't think so.

green with envy
27-02-2017, 05:46 PM
:rolleyes:

Poor stuff again. Don't you have an opinion on ANY player who doesn't play for Hibs? Ironically, of course, if you rate the guy - and that's your right - you also have an opinion and are, therefore, passing yourself off as an expert on Celtic players, no?

I'm in the same opinion of a few that in saying he has made a few mistakes/blunders but the ones i've seen have been real high profile, ie on telly. I've also seen him stroll through games against Hibs.

My opinion is that we are struggling at the moment in the CB position and another opinion of mine is Lennon has pulled of a bit of a master stroke by getting in player at so short notice - (potentially before a huge game on Wednesday) that has won over 50 caps for his country and won numerous trophies for his current club.

I'm not sure how this signing will pan out but i'm certainly not going to have a pop before he's even put on the strip for his photo-shoot.

SeanWilson
27-02-2017, 05:48 PM
He's had a few high profile shockers...... in the champions league.......

With all due respect to Ayr and the likes, he'll most likely slosh this league.

Another signing we'd have no chance of without NL.

💚

dchibs
27-02-2017, 05:48 PM
I would have been happy with any recognised CH being signed this week but getting someone with Ambrose pedigree in the Championship is beyond expectations. We have NO CH available for Saturday. What do people really expect Lennon to do? Great piece of business if true. 👍

This for me too surely if he was that bad he wouldt have played so many games Internationally or for Celtic.

Smartie
27-02-2017, 05:49 PM
I genuinely don't think I've ever seen him play, but I've heard all the comments about him in the past from Celtic fans.

I find it inconceivable that a guy with over 100 games for Celtic and more than 50 games for his country would not be good enough to be a better option than playing someone totally out of position in the Scottish Championship.

And I absolutely loved Sol Bamba for us. Top notch defender who picked up a reputation for being a bombscare at a previous club but rarely showed it in a Hibs shirt imo.

This would be a top signing and I hope it comes off.

bingo70
27-02-2017, 05:50 PM
If he had signed for Hearts last week before the derby, we'd be cracking out the many, many jokes. We all know that is true.

But they never, they signed players who were apparently a class above us who turned out to be utter dog *****.

Shows what your average football fan knows!

Elephant Stone
27-02-2017, 05:51 PM
This for me too surely if he was that bad he wouldt have played so many games Internationally or for Celtic.

Exactly, he's played for Celtic 169 times, 145 of them in the starting line-up.

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 05:52 PM
I'm in the same opinion of a few that in saying he has made a few mistakes/blunders but the ones i've seen have been real high profile, ie on telly. I've also seem him stroll through games against Hibs.

My opinion is that we are struggling at the moment in the CB position and another opinion of mine is Lennon has pulled of a bit of a master stroke by getting in a player in short notice - (potentially before a huge game on Wednesday) that has won over 50 caps for his country and won numerous trophies for his current club.

I'm not sure how this signing will pan out but i'm certainly not going to have a pop before he's even put on the strip for his photo-shoot.

It isn't a question of having 'a pop', it's just an honest opinion of a player on a football forum. You can agree or disagree with the opinion, but a few folk seem to have taken it personally for some reason, and reacted accordingly.

Blaster
27-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Of course we'll all give him a chance, but we shouldn't have to say we think he's a good player just to avoid below the belt remarks. We can only give an opinion today based upon our own judgement, having seen a player. That isn't bias; what reason do we have to be biased against the guy?

I've seen a few folk asking and apologies if I missed your reply - what other centre half currently at a Scottish club would you have tried to get. And be realistic, it would need to be someone not playing for their team at the minute

kaimendhibs
27-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Hope we get him in. Great signing in our predicament

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
27-02-2017, 05:57 PM
My take on it, for what it's worth. Doesn't matter what he's done in the past. It's what he does for us that's important

berwickhibee
27-02-2017, 05:58 PM
I am delighted with this if true:thumbsup: welcome efe

Baldy Foghorn
27-02-2017, 05:59 PM
People were moaning at our lack of signing CB in January window, just this weekend, when we had 4....(Hindsight)

Down to bare bones, we sign one on emergency loan, and some still moan....Jeez, Hibs can't win huh:rolleyes:

Welcome Efe, help us get promotion big guy:flag:

Hibs1972
27-02-2017, 05:59 PM
To be honest anytime I seen him play for Celtic he was an absolute bombscare,that's why. Be the 1st to come on here and say if I was wrong,I hope I am.

27-02-2017, 06:00 PM
A few hibs fans slagging him off already on social media. Give the guy a chance ffs.

brog

I agree in principle but Alba's 1st post was God, no!!!!!! That's not really an informed comment, more an OTT kneejerk reaction & based on Alba's subsequent sensible comments,I think he may regret his 1st post

Hibernia&Alba
I've seen a few folk asking and apologies if I missed your reply - what other centre half currently at a Scottish club would you have tried to get. And be realistic, it would need to be someone not playing for their team at the minute

That's another issue. This thread is about Ambrose possibly coming for a short term loan. From what I've both seen and heard he's a very poor player, but perhaps the Championship is more his level and he might prove a good move. If Lennon thinks he's the best option, fine; he's paid to make those calls. I just don't rate the guy.

Blaster
27-02-2017, 06:02 PM
That's another issue. This thread is about Ambrose possibly coming for a short term loan. From what I've both seen and heard he's a very poor player, but perhaps the Championship is more his level and he might prove a good move. If Lennon thinks he's the best option, fine; he's paid to make those calls. I just don't rate the guy.

Do you not agree that his options were extremely limited though?

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 06:02 PM
I agree in principle but Alba's 1st post was God, no!!!!!! That's not really an informed comment, more an OTT kneejerk reaction & based on Alba's subsequent sensible comments,I think he may regret his 1st post

It wasn't me who posted that. :confused:

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Do you not agree that his options were extremely limited though?

Perhaps, but again this is about the option he may have decided upon.

bigwheel
It isn't a question of having 'a pop', it's just an honest opinion of a player on a football forum. You can agree or disagree with the opinion, but a few folk seem to have taken it personally for some reason, and reacted accordingly.

It's the lack of balance in your views that make them stand out from the crowd .....My Celtic mate tells me when he first signed for Celtic, he was a Player Of The Season candidate and you don't get 50-odd caps for Nigeria without having something about you. His problem was not that he's a bad player, it was because his notorious clangers were normally reserved for crucial European games or cup semi finals. Nevertheless he is still a popular personality at Celtic Park - even though they don't see him as a starter in their team

Personally I think he will help propel us over the line - my mate also tells me his goal scoring celebrations are ones to watch out for ...

Jim44
The predictable moaning and groaning about our 'signing' has erupted on KB and FF. Bitch away all you want ya Muppets, but just keep in mind that, whether you like it or not, what we do is legal and within the rules and doesn't involve tax evasion, theft and any amount of anti-social skulduggery.

hibs#1

I said this earlier there can't have been many options available to lennon.so I'll back player and manager.

I also don't get the constant bashing about signing ex/current Celtic players.I think itshe over exaggerated and I also don't care where players are from as long theye give their all for us.

Swedish hibee
27-02-2017, 06:05 PM
But they never, they signed players who were apparently a class above us who turned out to be utter dog *****.

Shows what your average football fan knows!

Yes maybe in our lower league, he'll do us well. Fingers crossed.

Michael
27-02-2017, 06:05 PM
He's had a few high profile shockers...... in the champions league.......

With all due respect to Ayr and the likes, he'll most likely slosh this league.

Another signing we'd have no chance of without NL.

💚

Ayr are a better team than Lincoln Red Imps and he had a nightmare against them.

That said, I'll just be happy if I never have to see Bartley at CB again.

Ryan69
27-02-2017, 06:06 PM

Im all for giving him a chance...but have you actually seen him play in the last few games he played?

He was absolutely shocking!

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 06:07 PM
It's the lack of balance in your views that make them stand out from the crowd .....My Celtic mate tells me when he first signed for Celtic, he was a Player Of The Season candidate and you don't get 50-odd caps for Nigeria without having something about you. His problem was not that he's a bad player, it was because his notorious clangers were normally reserved for crucial European games or cup semi finals. Nevertheless he is still a popular personality at Celtic Park - even though they don't see him as a starter in their team

Personally I think he will help propel us over the line - my mate also tells me his goal scoring celebrations are ones to watch out for ...

Again, I can only give an opinion based upon what I've seen myself and heard from others. I remember saying on this forum, during a Celtic game a year or two ago that I thought Ambrose was terrible, and my view hasn't changed because he might be here for a while.

Captain Trips
27-02-2017, 06:08 PM
He has made errors mostly in CL I think he will be fine here.

green with envy
27-02-2017, 06:09 PM

One game short of a 170 appearances for Celtic, numerous trophies and you're basing your honest opinion on what exactly?

Mango Man
27-02-2017, 06:10 PM
I'm fairly chuffed with this signing, guy has a load of experience playing at a better level, and who knows, he may only play a few games, as the boys will be back to full fitness soon, so great back up choice to have.

Even Sir David had a clanger on Saturday!

Hermit Crab
27-02-2017, 06:11 PM

:agree:

Andy74

His level? Blackburn wanted him and he's played over 150 times for Celtic and in champions league. This is certainly not his level!

StevieCowan
Can't understand anyone turning their nose up at this signing.

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 06:12 PM
One game short of a 170 appearances for Celtic, numerous trophies and you're basing your honest opinion on what exactly?

Watching him play, reading match reviews, and talking to folk who watch him all the time. How do you normally judge a player?

Hermit Crab
27-02-2017, 06:12 PM
Any sign of Commons?? :greengrin

Gordy M
27-02-2017, 06:13 PM

No absolutely you should have an opinion, and i never suggested you were biased. Ive not made any below the belt remarks, i just think players should be given a chance before slating them. Hopefully we can agree he will be a success at hibs and help us to the title.

mjhibby
27-02-2017, 06:13 PM
People were moaning at our lack of signing CB in January window, just this weekend, when we had 4....(Hindsight)

Down to bare bones, we sign one on emergency loan, and some still moan....Jeez, Hibs can't win huh:rolleyes:

The guy must have something to be a regular in the Celtic team till Rodgers took over. Tended to look good at SPL level but found out at champions league games. Can't believe people are moaning about him. With what we are able to sign he's a very good option. Hopefully Fontaine available on sat then mcgregor back for the utd game. I'm sure having do few chs fit has had played on the teams mind and im sure efe will do fine at this level.

Malthibby
27-02-2017, 06:16 PM
If this goes through would it not only be Commons and Ambrose Lennon has brought to the club from Celtic?

No replies as yet, so to repeat, how many Sellick players has NL signed up?

Welcome Efie, last loanees to come over from Darkheid became Heroes.

GG

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 06:17 PM
No absolutely you should have an opinion, and i never suggested you were biased. Ive not made any below the belt remarks, i just think players should be given a chance before slating them. Hopefully we can agree he will be a success at hibs and help us to the title.

If he comes and if he performs, great. It's just that when you've seen a player torn to shreds at places like Partick, it's a worry. He looked out of his depth in most of the games in which I saw him, but let's see if he can do us a turn - if he comes.

green with envy
27-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Watching him play, reading match reviews, and talking to folk who watch him all the time. How do you normally judge a player?

It seems you're making judgement on his performances in general as opposed to the odd one on telly. I'll not make judgement till i've seen him in a Hibs jersey - hopefully this coming Wednesday however as already stated i've seen him stroll through games against Hibs.

As for Celtic supporters there's a good few on my FB page that reckons he'll stroll through this league.

J-C
27-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Good signing, bags of experience and will stroll this league.

brog
27-02-2017, 06:20 PM
It wasn't me who posted that. :confused:

Apologies, of course it wasn't. I think it was the large number of posts by you which confused me.

macca70
27-02-2017, 06:21 PM

Exactly, he had a couple of high profile shockers at Champs League level but he's an international way above the level we are competing at.

David Gray made a shocker of a mistake on Saturday at much lower level than Champions League. It happens to defenders.

Who knows, Ambrose and MacGregor could be some Central defensive partnership and Hanlon, Fontaine, Forster struggle to fight back in.

SlickShoes
27-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Dunno how anyone can have any issues with a move like this when we have no centre halfs available for Saturday.

Mind when John Collins played Kevin McCann at CH? let's sign someone that actually plays there so we dont get a repeat of that shambles.

Monts
27-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Ambrose has made some high profile mistakes which has meant every and any little error is pounced upon as justification of him being a bombscare. His many good games are conveniently forgotten. Much in the same way that "Lewis can't cross the ball", forgetting all the assists he has.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Surely he has to be better than lennard sowah:greengrin

Gatecrasher
27-02-2017, 06:32 PM
He will stroll it at championship level, we should be welcoming him with open arms.

RamYer1902
27-02-2017, 06:33 PM
CL player and AfCon winner. Lennon using the emergency loan system very effectively again. Great business.

BSEJVT
27-02-2017, 06:35 PM
If he comes and if he performs, great. It's just that when you've seen a player torn to shreds at places like Partick, it's a worry. He looked out of his depth in most of the games in which I saw him, but let's see if he can do us a turn - if he comes.

Okay

What about 10 players torn to shreds on Saturday at home by Dunfermline in a lower league fixture?

There is a reason why players play in Scotland and its largely because they are either not good enough to play at a higher level period or have the odd bomb scare moment in them against better opposition.

There isn't a player in Scotland who doesn't / hasn't

Ambrose, lapses and all will comfortably be one of the best players in this league and team.

A less than half fit Chris Commons certainly was.

This is the championship we are in not La Liga or the EPL.

At this level and with our budget we need to accept players flaws and all and support them (I know :-) but I am trying to turn over a new leaf) not castigate them before they have even signed

A Hi-Bee
27-02-2017, 06:36 PM
No replies as yet, so to repeat, how many Sellick players has NL signed up?

Welcome Efie, last loanees to come over from Darkheid became Heroes.

GG
Have to agree with the above if our manager signs him then he is there to do a job and he will get my support, some of the hysterics over signings we make or could make are just a wee bit over the top for me, and I have seen many Centre Half play at Easter Road from before the mighty J.MacNamee through John Madsen to Jim Black and all in between the Paul Hanlon and Liam Fontaine, if he plays for Hibs he gets my full support.
Some very good and some no so good, but all way better than me, so I support the players who play in the Jersey, have a wee moan now and again when they ****** up but to hear people talk of "bombscare" whatever that buzzword is meant to mean just gives me the sheites, the whole ******ing Defence was a "Bombscare" to use the buzz word on Sat (not counting the Goalie)
So if he is signing on then a big welcome to Easter Road Efe, you will like it over here way better than Darkheid.

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Okay

What about 10 players torn to shreds on Saturday at home by Dunfermline in a lower league fixture?

There is a reason why players play in Scotland and its largely because they are either not good enough to play at a higher level period or have the odd bomb scare moment in them against better opposition.

There isn't a player in Scotland who doesn't / hasn't

Ambrose, lapses and all will comfortably be one of the best players in this league and team.

A less than half fit Chris Commons certainly was.

This is the championship we are in not La Liga or the EPL.

At this level and with our budget we need to accept players flaws and all and support them (I know :-) but I am trying to turn over a new leaf) not castigate them before they have even signed

We will all support him if he signs as emergency cover, and would want him to do well during his stint here.

cmcd
27-02-2017, 06:40 PM

Excellent post

rupert.bollocks
27-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Its the old opinions are like ar$3holes... lot of people slagging him off, though not many offering up any alternatives.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2017, 06:45 PM
I have seen Ambrose make a few right gaffs, i have also seen him stroll through games.

None of these games have been in the Championship, where i have witnessed McGregor, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson, and on Saturday Gray, make more than enough of their own ricketts.

Maybe when we are in the Champions league, or even dare i say it the SPFL or whatever its called these days, and our players are not making these types of mistakes, i will look less favorably on a player like this.

SonOfDavidFrancey
27-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Delighted with this especially after watching the holes in our defence appear about 6 o'clock on Saturday

Lago
27-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Now who is being sarky???

Heisenberg
27-02-2017, 06:48 PM
I have seen Ambrose make a few right gaffs, i have also seen him stroll through games.

None of these games have been in the Championship, where i have witnessed McGregor, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson, and on Saturday Gray, make more than enough of their own ricketts.

Maybe when we are in the Champions league, or even dare i say it the SPFL or whatever its called these days, and our players are not making these types of mistakes, i will look less favorably on a player like this.

Bang on the money for me.

emerald green
27-02-2017, 06:48 PM
I think I'll reserve judgement on Efe Ambrose until I've seen him playing a few games for Hibs. I don't really care what he did or didn't do at Celtic, whilst playing at a much higher level than the league Hibs are currently in.

NL & the Hibs board should get some credit for getting in a recognised CB at short notice. I hope he does well and can help Hibs out of a tight jam, and out of the Championship.

Glory Lurker
27-02-2017, 06:49 PM
This would get the thumbs up from me.

I think I'll reserve judgement on Efe Ambrose until I've seen him playing a few games for Hibs. I don't really care what he did or didn't do at Celtic, whilst playing at a much higher level than the league Hibs are currently in.

NL & the Hibs board should get some credit for getting in a recognised CB at short notice. I hope he does well and can help Hibs out of a tight jam, and out of the Championship.

Agreed

cmcd
Not like Hibs fans to slag a player off before he has put the shirt on. Lets hope he is a sensation and the doubters have to eat humble pie AGAIN

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Now who is being sarky???

Not me. Just pointing out the bizarre nature of the comment/accusation.

27-02-2017, 06:51 PM
It's a catholic conspiracy to fix the league according to kickback.

brianmc
27-02-2017, 06:54 PM

Is Ambrose a kafflick?
I personally don't rate the guy, but if he's winding up those plums he cannae be aw bad.

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 06:55 PM

:lolyam:

Their lunatic fringe haven't completely disappeared yet.

A Hi-Bee
27-02-2017, 06:56 PM

Well if its on backkick then it must be true, its good to hear that our wee team still concerns them ******ers.

poolman
27-02-2017, 06:57 PM
Can't understand anyone turning their nose up at this signing.

Me neither

Lots of keyboard football managers know better tho ⚽

emerald green
27-02-2017, 06:57 PM
Is Ambrose a kafflick?

A bloke fae the ludge telt me he's a feenyin fae Nigeria...

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 06:58 PM
Is Ambrose a kafflick?
I personally don't rate the guy, but if he's winding up those plums he cannae be aw bad.

Efe Declan Brendan Ambrose. Went to St. Gerard's in Lagos.

brianmc
27-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Efe Declan Brendan Ambrose. Went to St. Gerard's in Lagos.

Nailed it! 🇳🇬😄🇳🇬

SanFranHibs
27-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Nothing to do with not agreeing. You posted negative comments about a potential signing with nothing to back it up other than your own bias and when invited to name an alternative you hide behind the "no ma joab" line. You have little credibility........

This would apply to everyones comments about a potential signing, whether, negative, positive or neutral. If you can have neutral bias ;).

Lago
27-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Not me. Just pointing out the bizarre nature of the comment/accusation.
Your a politician, I claim my £10 prize.

BullsCloseHibs
27-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Welcome EA. 🖒

Billy Whizz
27-02-2017, 07:07 PM

Think they've got enough of their own problems, to be having a go at us

27-02-2017, 07:08 PM

Dear oh ****ing dear. The lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

A Hi-Bee
27-02-2017, 07:09 PM
This would apply to everyones comments about a potential signing, whether, negative, positive or neutral. If you can have neutral bias ;).
Must be such a thing as neutral bias as all Scottish Referees have that don't they?

steakbake
27-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Me neither

Lots of keyboard football managers know better tho ⚽

Is Ian Cathro a keyboard football manager?

Borderhibbie76
27-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Well if its on backkick then it must be true, its good to hear that our wee team still concerns them ******ers.
Had a yam text me saying efe ambrose really??? Have they never heard people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones 😂😂🎂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
Is Ian Cathro a keyboard football manager?

Think he is just a programmer

This.:top marks

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2017, 07:15 PM

The only conspiracy in Scottish football is the one that those clowns indulge in, namely to remain deluded, crazy simpletons for all time.

CelticEnd
27-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Efe Ambrose has played as a regular in teams that have:

* Got to the last 16 of the Champions League
* Won the SPFL
* Won various domestic cups
* Won the African Cup of Nations
* Set a Scottish record for most consecutive clean sheets

Unfortunately he just made too many errors and both his confidence in himself and others confidence in him was shot and his time was up at Celtic.

I genuinely believe that outwith Celtic Park he's the best centre back in the country.

Big L
27-02-2017, 07:23 PM

* Won the SPFL

Unfortunately he just made too many errors and both his confidence in himself and others confidence in him was shot and his time was up at Celtic.

I genuinely believe that outwith Celtic Park he's the best centre back in the country.

This. Have we ever had a centre half who has played at this level? I don't ghink so.

sambajustice
27-02-2017, 07:33 PM
This. Have we ever had a centre half who has played at this level? I don't ghink so.

I think Franck Sauzee might have... :cb

Diclonius
27-02-2017, 07:35 PM
Wow, 8 pages already.

There's better out there but for cover he's more than fine. Happy with this.

A Hi-Bee
27-02-2017, 07:37 PM
Has he even signed yet!!

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Has he even signed yet!!

No.

27-02-2017, 07:40 PM

* Won the SPFL

Woah now come on now do we really want to take that title away from our neighbours?! Next you'll be telling me he won WWI all be himself . . .

:greengrin

jgl07
27-02-2017, 07:42 PM

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But I am also entitled to suggest that you are talking absolute bollox. If you are that bloody good at assessing a player after watching a match or two, how come you are not employed as a scout? Just my opinion!

Ambrose started the majority of matches over four seasons for different managers prior to the arrival of Brendan Rogers. Now Celtic have signed some right imposters over the years notably Raphael Scheidt but none of them went on to make 113 League appearances.

Ambrose's preferred position is probably defensive midfield so maybe he overplays at times when in central defence.

majorhibs
27-02-2017, 07:43 PM
I don't think that Barton is a good comparison. His bad time at Sevco was not particularly down to his ability but probably other issues one of which was that he is a fruit-case.
Fruit case & guy who told it like he saw it, didnae jump on the orange bandwagon & fell out wi local expert Halliday & subsequently the hat.

We currently have three CB's injured and have an opportunity to sign an experienced Champions League & Spfl winning centre back until the end of the season to bolster our chances of promotion and progression in the SC. I'd say we're extremely fortunate to be gaining his services and welcome his signing big time.
The quality of players he is used to facing, CL & higher division than ours, yet he kept getting picked? I agree I've seen him & thought bombscare, but when Ive watched him before hes been in some pretty illustrious company at times, faced Barca etc.

Name yer better alternative at this mo? I like our defenders but their injured & suspended. This guys got CL/african cup nations? on his CV. I like the idea.

DavidDavidGray
27-02-2017, 07:44 PM
I was sceptical when I heard the news, but after thinking about it it's not a bad move. Sure, he's had a few howlers but he should be good enough for the championship and he has Champions League experience, has beaten Barcelona and international experience. That's exactly what we want at Hibs and what most teams would like in a player

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 07:47 PM
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But I am also entitled to suggest that you are talking absolute bollox. If you are that bloody good at assessing a player after watching a match or two, how come you are not employed as a scout? Just my opinion!

Ambrose started the majority of matches over four seasons for different managers prior to the arrival of Brendan Rogers. Now Celtic have signed some right imposters over the years notably Raphael Scheidt but none of them went on to make 113 League appearances.

Ambrose's preferred position is probably defensive midfield so maybe he overplays at times when in central defence.

Indeed you are. We agree to differ. My opinion hitherto is that he's pish; but, If he comes here for a few weeks and helps us get promoted, good on him and well done.

Billychaotic182
27-02-2017, 07:51 PM
Delighted, hibs are about to sign a Nigerian international footballer who has experience in the champions league and has won the African cup, Scottish cup, Scottish league cup and the league title. Don't understand the hate...... 😘

Big L
27-02-2017, 07:54 PM
I think Franck Sauzee might have... :cb

Sauzee never won the African Cup!

Jim44
27-02-2017, 07:58 PM
Going by the criticism here, it looks like Lewis Stevenson is going to have a bit of competition for whipping boy.

matty_f
27-02-2017, 07:59 PM
I was sceptical when I heard the news, but after thinking about it it's not a bad move. Sure, he's had a few howlers but he should be good enough for the championship and he has Champions League experience, has beaten Barcelona and international experience. That's exactly what we want at Hibs and what most teams would like in a player

:agree: well said.