PDA

View Full Version : Team v St Mirren

Diclonius
27-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Marciano

Gray McGregor Crane Stevenson

Boyle Bartley McGinn Shinnie

Holt Cummings

Play the team that finished Saturday barring Keatings. Crane will need experience for the Ayr game (given he may potentially be the senior CB if Fontaine is out) and give Fontaine more time to rest even if he is fit.

Brightside
27-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Marciano

Gray McGregor Crane Stevenson

Boyle Bartley McGinn Shinnie

Holt Cummings

Play the team that finished Saturday barring Keatings. Crane will need experience for the Ayr game (given he may potentially be the senior CB if Fontaine is out) and give Fontaine more time to rest even if he is fit.

Crane isn't a CB... Despite him doing a decent job when he was brought on.

Albanian Hibs
27-02-2017, 01:47 PM
Crane isn't a CB... Despite him doing a decent job when he was brought on.

Well I dont think we have much choice

Borderhibbie76
27-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Well I dont think we have much choice
We don't really unless Fonts is fit and/or someone is signed before Weds

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cocaine&Caviar
27-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Bartley to CB, Fyvie into Midfield.

Monts
27-02-2017, 03:01 PM

Bartley looked a bit lost at CB on Saturday. We became a better team when he moved into midfield in place of Fyvie.

wookie70
27-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Crane played in a three at the back. Not sure I would throw him into a pair.

Monts
27-02-2017, 03:06 PM
I would go with:

Rocky

Gray
McGregor
Crane
Stevenson

Boyle
Martin
Fyvie
Keatings

Holt
Cummings

McGinn and Shinnie looked shattered towards the end of Sat. Give them a rest, but have them available to come on if needed. Martin has never disappointed whenever Ive seen him. Keatings, Boyle, Cummings and Holt should be able to keep St Mirren busy enough that they wont want to commit forward, easing the pressure on Crane

CockneyRebel
27-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Whoever we get to fill the two centre back spots we still need another one for the bench especially given our injury rate.

Smartie
27-02-2017, 03:16 PM
How about....

Marciano

Boyle
Gray
McGregor
Crane
Stevenson

Bartley
Fyvie
Mcginn

Holt
Cummings

Yes, I know it looks negative.

But we've got Boyle and Stevenson to get at them down the flanks.

Gray and Crane both at CB but they have McGregor beside/ behind them.

The whole defence can rotate around if necessary, with Gray and Crane being comfortable in the full back positions.

Bartley can help screen a vulnerable defence.

We still have strong midfielders in Fyvie and McGinn and our first choice strike pairing.

Maybe a bit short of creativity through the middle but Mcginn needs to step up and be more creative from there.

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Would be tempted to do a straight swap Bartley for Fonts but tend to agree he looked a bit lost when he came on.

Marciano

Gray - RCB
Mcgregor - CB
Stevenson - LCB

Boyle - RWB
Crane - LWB

Bartle - CDM holding and supporting the 3 at the back
McGinn
Fyvie

Holt
Cummings

Not ideal but felt for long enough Stevenson could play left centre back in a 3 at the back line up. Lacks height of course but can read a game and is not frightened to put in a tackle. For a game or 2 i'd feel comfortable with him in this position but of course the sooner Fonts/Hanlon are back the better

Monts
27-02-2017, 03:25 PM
Would be tempted to do a straight swap Bartley for Fonts but tend to agree he looked a bit lost when he came on.

Marciano

Gray - RCB
Mcgregor - CB
Stevenson - LCB

Boyle - RWB
Crane - LWB

Bartle - CDM holding and supporting the 3 at the back
McGinn
Fyvie

Holt
Cummings

Not ideal but felt for long enough Stevenson could play left centre back in a 3 at the back line up. Lacks height of course but can read a game and is not frightened to put in a tackle. For a game or 2 i'd feel comfortable with him in this position but of course the sooner Fonts/Hanlon are back the better

Considering his height, Stevenson wins an amazing amount of headers. Very rarely beaten in the air.

eastcoasthibby
27-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Wonder if forster could make it for Wednesday ? If not back 3 with crane left side of it !!

BSEJVT
27-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Bartley looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights played in defence on Saturday

I hope that come what may that was the last experiment in playing him there.

I find it hard to believe that any (and I mean any, this isn't hyperbole) of the senior players on the books would have done a worse job

I love big Marvin as a DM , but I was honestly shocked at just how bad he was at centre half on Saturday

He made Ryan McGivern look like Beckenbaur

California-Hibs
27-02-2017, 03:59 PM

Playing Bartley at CB Is a disaster waiting to happen. The guy can barely head a ball.

J-C
27-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Rocky

Gray
McGregor
Crane
Stevenson

Boyle
Martin
McGinn
Shinnie

Cummings
Graham

Hiber-nation
27-02-2017, 04:07 PM
How about....

Marciano

Boyle
Gray
McGregor
Crane
Stevenson

Bartley
Fyvie
Mcginn

Holt
Cummings

Yes, I know it looks negative.

But we've got Boyle and Stevenson to get at them down the flanks.

Gray and Crane both at CB but they have McGregor beside/ behind them.

The whole defence can rotate around if necessary, with Gray and Crane being comfortable in the full back positions.

Bartley can help screen a vulnerable defence.

We still have strong midfielders in Fyvie and McGinn and our first choice strike pairing.

Maybe a bit short of creativity through the middle but Mcginn needs to step up and be more creative from there.

Not a bad shout.

Or maybe 4-4-2, Martin at RB, Gray at centre back.

Borderhibbie76
27-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Personally wouldn't have fyvie in team...his form has been awful for weeks now...time to give Martin and Crane a start I think. I'd play Boyle and Crane as wing back with 3 at the back in Gray McGregor and Lewy on the left of a 3. And I'd go Keats and Jase up front but doubt lennon won't play 1 of either Holt or Graham

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

shetlandhibee
27-02-2017, 04:28 PM
marciano gray mcgregor ambrose stevenson boyle bartley fyvie mginn holt cummings close to this IMO:agree:

shetlandhibee
27-02-2017, 04:30 PM
marciano gray mcgregor ambrose stevenson boyle bartley fyvie mginn holt cummings close to this IMO:agree:

Liberal Hibby
27-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Do we know Fontaine is definately crocked for Wednesday?

offshorehibby
27-02-2017, 04:47 PM
I would imagine if we get Ambrose in he'd play Wednesday, that gives Fontaine and maybe Forster an extra few days recovery time,

Sioux
27-02-2017, 04:57 PM
If Saturday proved anything it proved that we can't play 4 4 2. There's too much space to cover playing two wide, and McGinn in particular was a rabbit caught in the headlights. Midfielders were running off him and in behind. We need three central midfielders. Or we play the diamond leaving width to the full backs.

Waxy
27-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Marciano

Gray
Mcgregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Boyle
Fyvie
Mcginn
Shinnie

Holt
Cummings

Monts
27-02-2017, 05:14 PM
If Saturday proved anything it proved that we can't play 4 4 2. There's too much space to cover playing two wide, and McGinn in particular was a rabbit caught in the headlights. Midfielders were running off him and in behind. We need three central midfielders. Or we play the diamond leaving width to the full backs.

What formation did we play against hearts?

Sioux
27-02-2017, 05:26 PM
What formation did we play against hearts?

Holt got in about the strolling Greek and that French gink didn't take part. So in effect hertz had two against two. I think Lennon sussed them out, but most teams, top league or not, will play three in the centre.

bookert
27-02-2017, 09:09 PM
Bartley to CB, Fyvie into Midfield.were you there on Saturday, bomb scare at ch.

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Would love to see Ambrose rise to a corner deep in stoppage time, to head home the winner at Paisley.

Lancs Harp
27-02-2017, 09:18 PM
Marciano

Gray
Mcgregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Boyle
Fyvie
Mcginn
Shinnie

Holt
Cummings

Waxy that teamwould present us with the same problem we had on saturday. A midfield that cant tackle. Needs Marv in it infront of the back four/three.

NikGunnarsson
27-02-2017, 09:21 PM
Marciano

Boyle
McGregor
Ambrose
Stevenson

Shinnie
Fyvie
Martin

Keatings
Graham
Cummings

Bit out there but a wee bit of rotation wouldn't go a miss, think this team would work well.

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2017, 09:22 PM
Waxy that teamwould present us with the same problem we had on saturday. A midfield that cant tackle. Needs Marv in it infront of the back four/three.

Would go with Bartley for this game. A new centre back will be in, and I think it's important we don't lose this game. If we look comfortable then be more expansive. I'd also be tempted to Boyle as an impact sub with Keatings starting.

yerauldda
28-02-2017, 08:31 AM
Marciano

Gray Ambrose Mcgregor Stevenson

Fyvie Bartley McGinn

Boyle Cummings Keatings

oneone73
28-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Marciano

Gray Ambrose Mcgregor Stevenson

Fyvie Bartley McGinn

Boyle Cummings Keatings