PDA

View Full Version : United game in Belfast

Simpson
27-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Going to Belfast the morning of the game v Dundee United.

Anyone know anywhere decent to watch it?

DarlingtonHibee
27-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Robinsons opposite the europa hotel is a great bar. We drank in there for a NI Hibs night for Pat. HIBS NI members any ideas?

Newry Hibs
27-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Is anyone else playing at the same time? Premier league matches would likely take preference. I don't know of any celtc minded places which I hate to say would be your best bet if you wanted to wear some thing green. Obviously avoid anywhere red white and blue. Even though glentoran wear green, they are not to be risked if you found one of their pubs. City centre or up towards the university would be best I think. Personally, I'd try and avoid any outward display of cheering! Could pretend you're a united fan, but even then some Neanderthal would presume you're a twig.

majorhibs
27-02-2017, 08:54 PM
6 months working there start of 2015. Could not find a city centre place that would show Scottish football. Think it has proved kind of bothersome for them in the past. Did find 1 place, but a PM if you want to know. It was somewhere where you did NOT let on who you supported.

Jonny1875
27-02-2017, 09:10 PM
Going to Belfast the morning of the game v Dundee United.

Anyone know anywhere decent to watch it?

If your in Belfast City Centre try the Fly or botanic Inn near university area, if not head into West Belfast it will be your best bet, might be on in my local 😉

majorhibs
27-02-2017, 09:22 PM
If your in Belfast City Centre try the Fly or botanic Inn near university area, if not head into West Belfast it will be your best bet, might be on in my local 😉

Tried them & many others- just wasnae happening. I mean I combed that CC & Scottish football seemed to be a real no no.