PDA

View Full Version : Dylan

Ilovehibs
27-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Any word on his current injury and any progress towards being back?

Off the bar
27-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Two weeks

Ilovehibs
27-02-2017, 10:31 AM
If only.

Tom Hart RIP
27-02-2017, 10:42 AM
According to NL on Hibs Tv Dylan almost ready. Trained last week but felt his groin on Friday so they didn't want to risk him.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2017, 10:44 AM
i was ready in minutes after feeling my groin.

cleanyman
27-02-2017, 10:47 AM
I'd punt him

Albanian Hibs
27-02-2017, 10:47 AM
What a waste.

Enough said
27-02-2017, 11:37 AM
Another op planned at end of season on his hip flexor

Ronniekirk
27-02-2017, 12:26 PM
According to NL on Hibs Tv Dylan almost ready. Trained last week but felt his groin on Friday so they didn't want to risk him.

He must be at the stage where he doesnt have confidence so any wee tweak he feels is preventing him playing so hard to see him getting match fit without breaking down again
If he is to get another op at end of Season then we just need to see how that goes and if it helps So frustrating for him and the Club

Smartie
27-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Why wait until the end of the season?

Whether the reason is physical or psychological he's clearly not fit to play and is unlikely to make any meaningful contribution any time soon.

We should get it done asap and start his rehabilitation now.

I love McGeouch and think he's a great player. But there is no point in us counting on him, thinking he's going to make a contribution for us at some point when he is not. We'd be better being prepared to play without him.

jgl07
27-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Hibs have really missed him this season. That is the main reason we are down on points from last year.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2017, 12:43 PM
He isnt going anywhere right now so get behind him and stop with the punt him *****, that decision can be made in the summer.

Smartie
27-02-2017, 12:52 PM
He isnt going anywhere right now so get behind him and stop with the punt him *****, that decision can be made in the summer.

Should we not get behind him by putting our faith in him by getting surgery done now and giving him the best chance of being fit to play for us in future?

Hanging on to have surgery at the end of the season doesn't give him much of a vote of confidence.

Johnny_Leith
27-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Hibs have really missed him this season. That is the main reason we are down on points from last year.

Agreed. Quality player.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-02-2017, 01:26 PM

:agree:

we are hibs
27-02-2017, 01:29 PM
I'd punt him

Yes, let's just get rid of one of our best players :rolleyes:

Ilovehibs
27-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Should we not get behind him by putting our faith in him by getting surgery done now and giving him the best chance of being fit to play for us in future?

Hanging on to have surgery at the end of the season doesn't give him much of a vote of confidence.

Totally agree with you Smartie.

Lago
27-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Only if he's on the field of play , which he rarely is.

Beefster
27-02-2017, 05:34 PM

If I had been drinking tea when I read that, I'd have spat it all over my screen.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2017, 05:58 PM

Surely the medical staff know best?

ancient hibee
27-02-2017, 06:21 PM
How can you tell?

Nicho87
27-02-2017, 07:05 PM
Its every 3 weeks, gets back on bench. Then back injured.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-02-2017, 07:46 PM
The games he does play make up for the ones he misses

A Hi-Bee
27-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Dylan is a very talented player and yes he has had his injuries to contend with but before anyone goes spouting off about getting rid, then cast your mind back a bit through your Hibs history and you may see that we have not been great at looking after some players who we have cast aside too quickly for lack of wishing to pay for required surgery or not being prepared to pay them the basic salary until the get back to full fitness.
I like most hope that Dylan can have an injury free period so that he can balance our side out better than we have at present if the medical people say this will not happen then that will be a decision for the manager.

B.H.F.C
27-02-2017, 07:50 PM
The games he does play make up for the ones he misses

Na not a chance, certainly not this year. He's not played anywhere near enough.

Even if you look at last season, with the obvious exception of the cup final, there were some high profile games that he managed to start before walking off after 20 minutes.

Brilliant player but we can't continue to carry someone on the basis of what the can do 'if' fit.

houstonhibbee
27-02-2017, 08:10 PM
how long did it last tho:greengrin

Billy Whizz
27-02-2017, 08:11 PM
how long did it last tho:greengrin

2 weeks

Heisenberg
27-02-2017, 08:28 PM
I would punt him unless he somehow manages to string together a run of games this season. Hibernian cup winning legend but no use to us if he can't play more than a handful of games a season.

Mischa1875
27-02-2017, 10:35 PM
I would punt him unless he somehow manages to string together a run of games this season. Hibernian cup winning legend but no use to us if he can't play more than a handful of games a season.

Dylan has a contract until end of May 2018 so even if we wanted to punt him, which I don't, the decision to do so is not within Hibs power. With Dylan's injury history, it's unlikely that any other club would sign him so let's not undermine his confidence anymore than it currently will be and support his efforts to regain full fitness.

1van Sprou7e
27-02-2017, 10:46 PM
Dylan has a contract until end of May 2018 so even if we wanted to punt him, which I don't, the decision to do so is not within Hibs power. With Dylan's injury history, it's unlikely that any other club would sign him so let's not undermine his confidence anymore than it currently will be and support his efforts to regain full fitness.

This. He's got a year left, getting rid of him now makes absolutely no sense.

If he can't keep fit next season then fair enough but I think people forget how much of a fantastic footballer he is. It would be a disgrace not to at least give him the opportunity to keep fit next season

snooky
27-02-2017, 11:07 PM
Na not a chance, certainly not this year. He's not played anywhere near enough.

Even if you look at last season, with the obvious exception of the cup final, there were some high profile games that he managed to start before walking off after 20 minutes.

Brilliant player but we can't continue to carry someone on the basis of what the can do 'if' fit.

He does seem very injury prone. It's not like he is being injured from getting kicked by the opposition.
If there's an unwritten "played/injured" ratio he surely must be well below the plimsoll line.
He's one of my favourite players but alas, I doot it's getting near time .....

jacomo
27-02-2017, 11:35 PM
Classy player.

I would give Dylan every opportunity, and then some. He's exactly the kind of player Hibs should be about, IMO.

we are hibs
28-02-2017, 08:38 AM
How can you tell?

Well I have eyes. Which some on here obviously don't.

Ilovehibs
28-02-2017, 04:07 PM
This. He's got a year left, getting rid of him now makes absolutely no sense.

If he can't keep fit next season then fair enough but I think people forget how much of a fantastic footballer he is. It would be a disgrace not to at least give him the opportunity to keep fit next season

Agree with you. Here's hoping he can get fully fit after his next op. Big player for us when fit.

I do think Dylan needs to win a psychological battle as well as the physical to be able to sustain a prolonged run in the team.

I really hope that happens.

HoboHarry
01-03-2017, 03:22 AM
How can you tell?
Perhaps you could tell us why he isn't one of our best players?

Bayern Bru
01-03-2017, 06:57 AM
Almost certain that there's a psychological aspect to this. Hopefully that can be dealt with because it must be just as frustrating for him as it is for the staff and fans.

Billychaotic182
01-03-2017, 10:42 AM
This feels very much like when we had Zemamma. Clearly a talented footballer but is rarely ever 100%. So do we keep him as we know he is a fantastic player for us (and a Scottish cup winner) or do we get rid and free up some wages. Personally I'd keep him. If we do get promoted he is the type of player we need in our squad. Can only hope this next operation cures his injury problems.

ancient hibee
01-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Perhaps you could tell us why he isn't one of our best players?
He seldom plays.When he does he often doesn't last the game.He's a tidy player and retains the ball.Can't think of one game that he has been the main factor in winning.Best players play regularly and influence matches.Do you think he does?

essexhibee
01-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Is he anywhere near fit?!

Desperately need his creativity right now!!

Hibs331875
01-03-2017, 10:25 PM
Rip up his contract

Mathias Jack
01-03-2017, 10:30 PM
When fit, he's one of the best players at the club but the fact of the matter is, he's always injured. His talent is undoubted, but wherever we should be playing our football next season, we can't afford to be carry any passengers.

Sorry Dylan, but unless you can prove your fitness, it's time for us to say goodbye.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-03-2017, 10:32 PM
Pay when you play deal. DM is real quality but the reality is that if he played week in week out he would be too good for us.

truehibernian
01-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Literally needs to grow a set. I don't buy this pelvic injury keeping him from playing 90 minutes of football if his team needed him. Sorry, I just don't. Same last season, same stage, yet he played in play offs and final.

If im wrong, I'll apologise and eat humble pie - personally, I think it's a very easy option to stay on the sidelines. I'd sell or get rid if he doesn't get it sorted. Fantastic player, injuries previously I feel are always in his head.

jeffers
01-03-2017, 10:42 PM
The longer he is out the better player he seems to become if I was to believe what I read on here. He's a neat and tidy player who retains possession well, no more than that in my opinion. He rarely creates chances and never looks like scoring. I've never seen him take control of a game and single handedly influence the result.

This season he's hardly featured and in quite a few games he has played has been dreadful.

Tony Bobulinski
01-03-2017, 10:47 PM
Rip up his contract
You're getting around tonight

bookert
01-03-2017, 10:51 PM
The longer he is out the better player he seems to become if I was to believe what I read on here. He's a neat and tidy player who retains possession well, no more than that in my opinion. He rarely creates chances and never looks like scoring. I've never seen him take control of a game and single handedly influence the result.

This season he's hardly featured and in quite a few games he has played has been dreadful.

He moves the ball quicker through midfield than any other player we have. Think we are always better with him in team. Unfortunately that's far too few games.

hibsboy69
01-03-2017, 11:56 PM
Excellent player........when fit (which is very rarely).

His nickname is "The Tampon"........in for one week then out for three.

Dylan's body (and maybe mind?) do not allow him to be an effective professional footballer (to be that you need to play games).

Sad for him and us :boo hoo:

JimBHibees
02-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Is he anywhere near fit?!

Desperately need his creativity right now!!

Agree the bottom line is without him we have no style or pattern of play.

Baldy Foghorn
02-03-2017, 09:40 AM
When fit, he's one of the best players at the club but the fact of the matter is, he's always injured. His talent is undoubted, but wherever we should be playing our football next season, we can't afford to be carry any passengers.

Sorry Dylan, but unless you can prove your fitness, it's time for us to say goodbye.

Can see his career going absolutely nowhere unfortunately....

GreenArmyyy!
02-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Literally needs to grow a set. I don't buy this pelvic injury keeping him from playing 90 minutes of football if his team needed him. Sorry, I just don't. Same last season, same stage, yet he played in play offs and final.

If im wrong, I'll apologise and eat humble pie - personally, I think it's a very easy option to stay on the sidelines. I'd sell or get rid if he doesn't get it sorted. Fantastic player, injuries previously I feel are always in his head.

So you think Dylan is feigning injury so he doesn't have to play in the bread and butter games? I thought I had heard it all on here....

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2017, 02:20 PM

If im wrong, I'll apologise and eat humble pie - personally, I think it's a very easy option to stay on the sidelines. I'd sell or get rid if he doesn't get it sorted. Fantastic player, injuries previously I feel are always in his head.What evidence do you have? Hanlon was injured this time last season and played the playoffs and final. I'll give you this mindblowing possibility, Dylan is actually injured.

Smartie
02-03-2017, 02:45 PM
How many players have we had now who have never been fit to play for us but have managed a decent amount of games elsewhere?

James McPake, Tim Clancy, Sean Welsh, Farid El Alagui.

It would be annoying if Dylan left then magically recovered the ability to play in and influence 30 odd games a season.

I still think he's our best player so his injury is a huge loss.

adhibs
02-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Would be a massive bonus if he returned for saturday.

1van Sprou7e
02-03-2017, 03:42 PM
Jesus, some of the *****e you read on here...

Complete and utter insult to Dylan to suggest that he's faking being injured

Hibeewilly
02-03-2017, 07:10 PM

Correct mate. Imo he is the best midfielder we have. He has another season on his contract - lets get him fit. For those in doubt watch a rerun of the cup final. Total class. He would have kept the ball last night whereas nobody else including Fyvie whom I rate could

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2017, 07:15 PM
Correct mate. Imo he is the best midfielder we have. He has another season on his contract - lets get him fit. For those in doubt watch a rerun of the cup final. Total class. He would have kept the ball last night whereas nobody else including Fyvie whom I rate could

Your opinion, he is a very good player when fit, but there does come a time when you need to weigh up the benefits he brings against the wages he's on.

Although even if you are in the get rid camp, he needs to want to leave and someone to want him.

Who wants a player who never plays?

Hibeewilly
02-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Your opinion, he is a very good player when fit, but there does come a time when you need to weigh up the benefits he brings against the wages he's on.

Although even if you are in the get rid camp, he needs to want to leave and someone to want him.

Who wants a player who never plays?

But BH he has another year left after this season. If the medical team can get him fit he'd be like a new signing. He has played a fair number of games for us already not as few as some people think. Let's move forward with positivity

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2017, 07:59 PM
But BH he has another year left after this season. If the medical team can get him fit he'd be like a new signing. He has played a fair number of games for us already not as few as some people think. Let's move forward with positivity

The $64 000 question.

Speedy
02-03-2017, 08:27 PM
He moves the ball quicker through midfield than any other player we have. Think we are always better with him in team. Unfortunately that's far too few games.

Correct. He adds the drive that some others don't.

BSEJVT
02-03-2017, 08:30 PM
Rip up his contract

How on earth do you think Hibs would be allowed to do that?

Speedy
02-03-2017, 08:31 PM

He's under contract until next year and has football related injuries so we should stick by him for the rest of his contract. If he doesn't play enough next year then it's a different story.

People talk about players lacking loyalty but we want to punt a guy under contract and leave him jobless. Where's our loyalty?

CapitalGreen
02-03-2017, 08:40 PM

Exactly. 9 months ago he was lifting the Scottish Cup for us, now we have folk accusing him of faking an injury. What an insult.

Imagine being in a position where you can't do the thing you love. How demoralising it must be for a young guy to keep having setbacks like these.

The following link includes a statement from Jack Collison on his retirement through injury, I would highly recommend it:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/jack-collison-retires-former-west-ham-and-wales-midfielder-announces-retirement-due-to-injury-at-the-a6871786.html

Speedy
02-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Exactly. 9 months ago he was lifting the Scottish Cup for us, now we have folk accusing him of faking an injury. What an insult.

Imagine being in a position where you can't do the thing you love. How demoralising it must be for a young guy to keep having setbacks like these.

The following link includes a statement from Jack Collison on his retirement through injury, I would highly recommend it:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/jack-collison-retires-former-west-ham-and-wales-midfielder-announces-retirement-due-to-injury-at-the-a6871786.html

Needs to grow a pair iirc.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-03-2017, 11:22 PM

Have you ever played football for a team? If you have, you'll realise how incredibly frustrating it is to be injured and miss a game/games. That's when you're just playing amateur level. Can't even begin to imagine how frustrating it is when it's your bloody career. If you've ever suffered from a groin injury you'll know it's one of the trickiest injuries to 'fix' as well. Be better off with a broken leg than some groin injuries. Really poor comment towards a Scottish cup winner.

Andy74
02-03-2017, 11:32 PM

Correct. Very poor chat.

jacomo
03-03-2017, 12:02 AM

Wow. Quite an inspirational piece that.

Sadly not all players have that love for the game or dedication (not saying that about DM by the way).

poolman
03-03-2017, 01:59 AM

I've read some bollox before but that takes the top prize for them 😑

connerg
03-03-2017, 03:43 AM
Had his chance. Good player but there's a reason Celtic sold him to us? Waste of a wage, We need to get promoted.

CropleyWasGod
03-03-2017, 05:00 AM
Get ruthless Hibs. We need promoted, not pandering to a Celtic reject FFS
...as in keeping to a contract?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
03-03-2017, 05:11 AM
I might be wrong but you seem to have consumed a quite extraordinary amount of alcohol in the last couple of days. It's the only thing I can think of other than you are talking complete and consistent nonsense......

Borderhibbie76
03-03-2017, 08:54 AM
Sniff Sniff- back to the the Gorgie crisis u go...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
03-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Had his chance. Good player but there's a reason Celtic sold him to us? Waste of a wage, We need to get promoted.

"Waste of a wage"

http://www.seannicol.co.uk/sites/default/files/Dylan%20McGeouch%20SC16%20(With%20Cup)%20WATERMARK ED_0.jpg

Alex Trager
03-03-2017, 11:13 AM
He is a cracking player but I have no idea how he is injured or indeed how long he will be out for.

We really do need him asap. Anyone any clue when he's due back?

Was it not a similar circumstance in his last two seasons with us? He is regularly sidelined.

Cabbage East
03-03-2017, 11:21 AM

Crack or meth mate?

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2017, 11:34 AM
Get ruthless Hibs. We need promoted, not pandering to a Celtic reject FFSThis is one of the worst posts I've ever seen on here. Get a grip, he has been a Hibs player for 3 years now and a quality, Scottish cup winning one at that.

BH Hibs
03-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Wow some of these threads are ****ing reeking at the moment. :yw:

connerg
03-03-2017, 11:32 PM
He is a cracking player but I have no idea how he is injured or indeed how long he will be out for.

Was it not a similar circumstance in his last two seasons with us? He is regularly sidelined.

Thanks. You describe the problem with Dylan a lot better than i did. :agree:

03-03-2017, 11:39 PM

Lennon said in his Hibs TV interview today that he was doing some running this week but had gone home today with a virus. Poor fella doesn't have much luck.

ian cruise
03-03-2017, 11:47 PM
Sniff Sniff- back to the the Gorgie crisis u go...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Connor isn't a Jambo, I can promise you that. A extremely disenfranchised Hibbie maybe but he's still a Hibbie.

CapitalGreen
04-03-2017, 12:00 AM
Thanks. You describe the problem with Dylan a lot better than i did. :agree:

You didn't describe the problem at all. You called him a "waste of a wage" and a "Celtic reject.

connerg
04-03-2017, 12:33 AM
Connor isn't a Jambo, I can promise you that. A extremely disenfranchised Hibbie maybe but he's still a Hibbie.

Thanks, our poor performance in the league is worrying now.

ian cruise
04-03-2017, 01:24 AM
Thanks, our poor performance in the league is worrying now.

It is Conner but we need to persevere (see what I did there?), but seriously this was never going to be easy. Teams are out to frustrate us and beat us, we're the big scalp. We're not a soft touch per say, problem is we just want to play football and teams know that and want to stop us. When we aren't trying to play football then we're a bit lost but we're strong enough, both physically and mentally to do this. Maybe not every week, which is unfortunate but I think it's a side effect of the expectation both the fans put on the players but also they put in themselves.

Don't play in to their hands, stick behind the team and enjoy the good times. We've had a bad run but we're still top, we're still in the cup and we are still the reigning Scottish Cup holders. If you were offered this at the start of the season you'd have snatched that person's hand off. Yup this spell is frustrating, but it's a marathon not a, sprint and currently we're out front. If we lose to UTD then it's time to worry.

connerg
04-03-2017, 04:15 AM
It is Conner but we need to persevere (see what I did there?), but seriously this was never going to be easy. Teams are out to frustrate us and beat us, we're the big scalp. We're not a soft touch per say, problem is we just want to play football and teams know that and want to stop us. When we aren't trying to play football then we're a bit lost but we're strong enough, both physically and mentally to do this. Maybe not every week, which is unfortunate but I think it's a side effect of the expectation both the fans put on the players but also they put in themselves.

Don't play in to their hands, stick behind the team and enjoy the good times. We've had a bad run but we're still top, we're still in the cup and we are still the reigning Scottish Cup holders. If you were offered this at the start of the season you'd have snatched that person's hand off. Yup this spell is frustrating, but it's a marathon not a, sprint and currently we're out front. If we lose to UTD then it's time to worry.

Still sounds good. Yes i would've taken that at the start of the season. Knocking them out the cup again was funny as f##k, so the poor results recently can be forgiven.:thumbsup:

Clarence
04-03-2017, 05:41 AM
It's a real shame. What's the longest run he's had in the team?

04-03-2017, 08:43 AM
It's a real shame. What's the longest run he's had in the team?

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=62831&season_id=149

Hopefully when he does get back in he stays fit until the end of the season.