PDA

View Full Version : Priceless - Jambo video-conference into the 3-1 game

Deansy
26-02-2017, 11:23 PM
Just came across this whilst trawling through videos of the game - 'UNBELIEVEABLE' really doesn't quite cover it !!

3 Jambos having an video-autopsy into what went wrong on their 3-1 defeat -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atI3Q6vJHwg&t=1s#t=34.667551

04:26 (approximately) - 'I'm from a generation of fans that are conditioned to see Hearts come out on top more often than not'

39 minutes and 22 seconds later the fact they no longer have access to 'Other people's money' WASN'T mentioned - further proof that the 'Big team' mantra WAS actually brought into and STILL exists - long may it continue !!

High-On-Hibs
26-02-2017, 11:26 PM
They all believe their club is being "sucked dry" by Ann Budge. Completely oblivious to the fact that there is nothing there to "suck dry".

Sioux
27-02-2017, 07:50 AM
What a bunch of sad weirdos.

scott7_0(Prague)
27-02-2017, 07:51 AM
I am more concerned that a grown man has such a chamber in his house. I do hope its his 7year old kids room.

Alan62
27-02-2017, 08:38 AM
Oh dear. I do love how the guy with the specs keeps talking about 'the show' as if three dysfunctional weirdos sitting in their houses talking to their iPads could in any way be considered entertainment. Actually, scratch that, I found strangely amusing in a rubbernecking kind of way. :wink:

cleanyman
27-02-2017, 09:46 AM
Fair play to them

It was a decent listen

TAHibby
27-02-2017, 09:49 AM
I've always craved a hibs alternative to 'the anfield wrap' if anyone knows of that. There was one focused on both edinburgh teams but doesn't seem to be going anymore

SRHibs
27-02-2017, 10:28 AM
Oh dear. I do love how the guy with the specs keeps talking about 'the show' as if three dysfunctional weirdos sitting in their houses talking to their iPads could in any way be considered entertainment. Actually, scratch that, I found strangely amusing in a rubbernecking kind of way. :wink:

These kinds of Skype-based shows are pretty popular across all subjects right now to be honest. Most, like this one, don't get a lot of viewers, but it's about starting from the ground up and seeing what you can build. I would probably be interested in watching something similar that was Hibs-based.

As for the content itself, aside from the deeply ingrained Yam delusions and arrogance, it wasn't that bad.

KWJ
27-02-2017, 10:33 AM
These kinds of Skype-based shows are pretty popular across all subjects right now to be honest. Most, like this one, don't get a lot of viewers, but it's about starting from the ground up and seeing what you can build. I would probably be interested in watching something similar that was Hibs-based.

As for the content itself, aside from the deeply ingrained Yam delusions and arrogance, it wasn't that bad.

I reached out for the first time in many months to see if Monday Night Fitbaw was still going as I'd have listened to this episode but seems it's been down since around the start of the season.

Terrace is a decent listen.

27-02-2017, 10:53 AM
04:26 (approximately) - 'I'm from a generation of fans that are conditioned to see Hearts come out on top more often than not'

Thats exactly it though isn't it. This generation of hearts supporters have grown up through the cheating years where they had teams that consisted of players they bought through stealing from others. This has created the "big team" delusion. Now that they finally have to live within their means and play on a level playing field like the rest of us, they don't know what to do with themselves. The reality that they aren't some big mega club and have no superiority over us is a hard pill to swallow. They are clinging desperately to their 5-1 comfort blankets, hoping to rewind the clock back to the glory days. They drove their club to the brink of extinction but apparently it was "all worth it" because it let them live in the fantasy that they are "the big team".

They had their day in 2012, as tainted as it was but those days are over and I for one couldn't care less about 5-1 anymore. The cup win last year combined with the emergence of their creditors list which proved what a massive extent they cheated has put it to bed for me. However, I hope to god they do continue to cling onto it and hide behind it, the more they do the more we seem to get the better of them in derbies. The mentality has totally changed, many of them seem to believe that nothing matter anymore because they had that day. GREAT! Long may that continue! And if they do really believe that then whats the point even carrying on, if nothing else matters now then whats the point?!

They are hurting big time.

iwasthere1972
27-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Thats exactly it though isn't it. This generation of hearts supporters have grown up through the cheating years where they had teams that consisted of players they bought through stealing from others. This has created the "big team" delusion. Now that they finally have to live within their means and play on a level playing field like the rest of us, they don't know what to do with themselves. The reality that they aren't some big mega club and have no superiority over us is a hard pill to swallow. They are clinging desperately to their 5-1 comfort blankets, hoping to rewind the clock back to the glory days. They drove their club to the brink of extinction but apparently it was "all worth it" because it let them live in the fantasy that they are "the big team".

They had their day in 2012, as tainted as it was but those days are over and I for one couldn't care less about 5-1 anymore. The cup win last year combined with the emergence of their creditors list which proved what a massive extent they cheated has put it to bed for me. However, I hope to god they do continue to cling onto it and hide behind it, the more they do the more we seem to get the better of them in derbies. The mentality has totally changed, many of them seem to believe that nothing matter anymore because they had that day. GREAT! Long may that continue! And if they do really believe that then whats the point even carrying on, if nothing else matters now then whats the point?!

They are hurting big time.

Just what I was going to say. :greengrin

Big team my arse. Can you say arse on here?

Alan62
27-02-2017, 12:16 PM

Hmm. Not for me, I'm afraid. Life isn't long enough to listen to three blokes in ugly houses telling the world what they 'fink' about their football team's woes. If you were sat at a table with these chaps in the pub, it wouldn't be long before your attention was drifting off in another direction.

Roxyhibee
27-02-2017, 02:52 PM
Hmm. Not for me, I'm afraid. Life isn't long enough to listen to three blokes in ugly houses telling the world what they 'fink' about their football team's woes. If you were sat at a table with these chaps in the pub, it wouldn't be long before your attention was drifting off in another direction.

Love this. My thoughts exactly.

Peevemor
27-02-2017, 03:06 PM

Like looking for a 13amp socket in which to stick your fingers?

Cod Boy
27-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Didn't know darts player Stephen Bunting was a Hearts fan.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2017, 03:26 PM
One of these guys is a good friend of mine and he's a decent bloke for a jambo., heres his response to the thread.

Cheers for the feedback guys. It's nice to know that 3 middle aged technophobes trying to start up a YouTube channel was deserving of its own thread on here.

We put our faces out there so happy to take any positive or negative feedback on board.

It's all part of "the banter"

Happy to get some of you on when next derby match comes up next season (even Alan who has taken an instant dislike)

Regards

Scott (the one who has trouble with his TH's not the burly Englishman or the one with the "chamber")

greenlex
27-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Watched about 2 mins. That second guy with the english accent is that roaster that used to call up the radio phone ins isnt it? His name escapes me but was eventually found out as having never set foot in Tyncastle. Sad ****ers anyway.

calumhibee1
27-02-2017, 04:04 PM
Turned it off before they even got to talking about the game. What a load of pish.

High-On-Hibs
27-02-2017, 04:13 PM
Fairly disappointed with that to be honest. Was expecting at least a few laughs from the numa numa guy.

Robinho08
27-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Not wasting half an hour of my live to watch some Jambo fuds talk pish. 😂

Alan62
27-02-2017, 04:34 PM
One of these guys is a good friend of mine and he's a decent bloke for a jambo., heres his response to the thread.

Cheers for the feedback guys. It's nice to know that 3 middle aged technophobes trying to start up a YouTube channel was deserving of its own thread on here.

We put our faces out there so happy to take any positive or negative feedback on board.

It's all part of "the banter"

Happy to get some of you on when next derby match comes up next season (even Alan who has taken an instant dislike)

Regards

Scott (the one who has trouble with his TH's not the burly Englishman or the one with the "chamber")

Haha. Nice, balanced response from Scott, who, to be fair, seemed a sensible enough fellow. I'd have to think seriously about the invitation to go on the 'show' though because I really can't think why anybody would give a flying ***** about what I think about the next derby. Never say never though. *Reaches for iPad and ear buds.* :wink:

CL0762
27-02-2017, 11:33 PM
I reached out for the first time in many months to see if Monday Night Fitbaw was still going as I'd have listened to this episode but seems it's been down since around the start of the season.

Terrace is a decent listen.

Unfortunately the boy behind the show just stopped replying & as he had all the recording equipment/technical know how we couldn't get access to it anymore.

I did have discussions with Colin a while back about doing something exclusively through Hibs but I think I'll wait until the end of the season before revisiting that avenue due to how busy he'll likely be.

GreenLake
28-02-2017, 12:09 AM
I was hopeful that their discussion would amuse me or at least drive me into a rage.

Ennui was all I felt.

brog
28-02-2017, 08:59 AM
Just what I was going to say. :greengrin

Big team my arse. Can you say arse on here?

Seems like you can say it twice! 😄

brog
28-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Watched about 2 mins. That second guy with the english accent is that roaster that used to call up the radio phone ins isnt it? His name escapes me but was eventually found out as having never set foot in Tyncastle. Sad ****ers anyway.

Scott Lawson?

vuefrom1875
28-02-2017, 09:03 AM
I am more concerned that a grown man has such a chamber in his house. I do hope its his 7year old kids room.

Obviously a weirdo.😁

jacomo
28-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Scott Lawson?

That was Shaun Lawson - the guy who got all pally pally on here, patronised us by telling us all about Hibs, then had a hissy fit and told us what he really thought.

Don't know if he still follows Hearts or if he's latched onto some other club. Shame, because I think him and Cathro would get on really well.

jacomo
28-02-2017, 09:19 AM
As for the 'show' - I accept it's done out of enthusiasm on a shoe string, but you've surely got to make at least some effort to make it presentable. And the 3rd guy is just a wee bit creepy.

FilipinoHibs
28-02-2017, 09:44 AM
Oh my god this is sad and weird!

stantonhibby
28-02-2017, 12:14 PM
As for the 'show' - I accept it's done out of enthusiasm on a shoe string, but you've surely got to make at least some effort to make it presentable. And the 3rd guy is just a wee bit creepy.

Just the 3rd guy ?

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-02-2017, 01:37 PM
I really tried not to watch this as the very thought makes me physically sick but then in a moment of sheer boredom there I watched it.

3 utter mutants in lala yam land.

But hey!...what's new?

Saddoes.

greenlex
28-02-2017, 01:50 PM
That was Shaun Lawson - the guy who got all pally pally on here, patronised us by telling us all about Hibs, then had a hissy fit and told us what he really thought.

Don't know if he still follows Hearts or if he's latched onto some other club. Shame, because I think him and Cathro would get on really well.

That's the throbber I was thinking about. Ta

Deansy
28-02-2017, 02:32 PM
I didn't post this to poke fun at these guys, it was more because of the fact it was meant to be a genuine in-depth discussion into what's went wrong with Hearts but they went into everything BAR the money -

''I'm from a generation of fans that are conditioned to see Hearts come out on top more often than not'

For 'conditioned' read 'Brought' !. It's like the Collective Hearts-support have agreed to just deny it - either that or they honestly believe that all of a sudden in the derby-history, for a period of some 30+ years, they got lucky and for some strange reason, they always had the better coaches/players,/managers etc. Ffs when Mercer took over their debt was about £1m, when he sold to Robinson it was £5m and when he sold to Romanov it was something like £20-22m !. And we all know what HE did with their debt !! They were just increasing thier debt every year yet which enabled them to buy a level of player way outwith their historical levels yet their supporters either won't admit it or they are genuinely just plain stupid !