PDA

View Full Version : Media Slagging Hibs Fans

cardrosshibbe
26-02-2017, 09:20 PM
This is not the first time it has happened, but the papers have been slagging the hibs fans for booing at full time for the game against Dunfermline, they werent booing the players, they were booing the ref, the papers are always gulliable though.[emoji43]

GGTTH 💚 🏆2⃣1⃣/5⃣/1⃣6⃣🏆

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

northstandhibby
26-02-2017, 09:32 PM
This is not the first time it has happened, but the papers have been slagging the hibs fans for booing at full time for the game against Dunfermline, they werent booing the players, they were booing the ref, the papers are always gulliable though.[emoji43]

GGTTH 💚 🏆2⃣1⃣/5⃣/1⃣6⃣🏆

Most of the time you're better off ignoring that kind of biased rubbish from a mostly biased media. Most teams get some boos off the pitch when they've let a two goal lead slip. The media especially sportsound are never happier than when they're discussing the Yams Sevco Cathy etc. Just ignore the idiots.

glory glory

TAHibby
26-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Booing the players? Must have missed that

Danderhall Hibs
26-02-2017, 10:07 PM
Booing the players? Must have missed that

Did you not stay to the end? :wink:

Already being discussed on the other thread.

O'Rourke3
26-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Booing at the end of a game will be interpreted as booing the team. Singing the referee's a anchor leaves no-one in any doubt. Loads were booing the team yesterday. Many others the ref.

TAHibby
26-02-2017, 10:28 PM
Did you not stay to the end? :wink:

Already being discussed on the other thread.

I know when it's pointless to stay, like when andy informed us of that last may

NAE NOOKIE
27-02-2017, 01:58 AM
Screw the media ...... there were indeed a few isolated knee jerk boos for the team, but it died away very quickly to be replaced by most folk applauding them. I think the vast majority of the fans realise that booing the team at this stage will be totally counter productive and apart from that after the effort and result they gave us last Wednesday it would be utterly crass to lay into them two days later for a result and performance that could be laid at the door of a shocking ref, an unfortunate injury that disrupted the team, some heavy legs and not least a Dunfermline team who played better than just about any away team has at ER for a very long time.

The storm of booing at the end was solely aimed at Beaton and rightly so.

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 06:15 AM
Have the same media outlets said ONE word about The Rangers fans at Inverness on Friday, regarding their continuous vile chanting?

marinello59
27-02-2017, 06:23 AM
Which papers and what did they say? If it was simply reported that there was booing at the end then I can't see the problem.

High-On-Hibs
27-02-2017, 11:57 AM

GGTTH 💚 🏆2⃣1⃣/5⃣/1⃣6⃣🏆

The papers aren't being guliable though. Just like John Beaton, they know exactly what they're dong.

HibernianJK
27-02-2017, 12:25 PM
If fans boo as soon at the whistle goes it does give the impression they are not happy with the results and are booing the players.

Most boo'd when the ref was leaving the pitch at the end of the match, this was obviously aimed at the ref but I would say those who boo'd at the whistle were booing the players/result.

High-On-Hibs
27-02-2017, 12:28 PM
If fans boo as soon at the whistle goes it does give the impression they are not happy with the results and are booing the players.

Most boo'd when the ref was leaving the pitch at the end of the match, this was obviously aimed at the ref but I would say those who boo'd at the whistle were booing the players/result.

Most people in the East booed straight after the whistle, because that's the side Beaton was standing at when he blew for full time. It certainly wasn't directed at the team.

Carheenlea
27-02-2017, 12:39 PM
A short burst of frustrated booing on full time at the result, followed by applause in support of the team as they exited followed then by loud, sustained booing as the referee left the pitch. It shouldn't really have been that difficult for seasoned match attendees in the press box to interpret.

The Green Goblin
27-02-2017, 01:01 PM

GGTTH 💚 🏆2⃣1⃣/5⃣/1⃣6⃣🏆

Which papers? Is there a link? Cheers