PDA

View Full Version : Haye v Bellew

3pm
26-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Who wins?

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Haye comfortably. Hope he sparks out that bellend.

Pretty Boy
26-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Haye is the better boxer and I was convinced he'd win.

However his training seems to have been a bit Lennox Lewis pre his 1st fight with Rahman and that didn't turn out so well. If he's not 100% and gets sloppy or caught then who knows.

HibernianJK
26-02-2017, 08:17 PM
Couple of total fuds and I think Bellew has him rattled a bit. Haye should be too good though.

Haymaker
26-02-2017, 09:58 PM
I think Bellew. He seems more focused.

The_Exile
26-02-2017, 10:44 PM
Haye within 3 or 4 rounds, will have a cheeky wee bet on a Haye KO in the 3rd and although he is coming across as not giving a flying one, there's no reports from the camp of him taking training or his opponent lightly. I think the whole act towards the media is exactly that, an act, and he will be more than ready to carry out a brutal demolition from the 1st bell. Bellew has a punchers chance.

nellio
27-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Haye easy I think. Bellew cant take a punch at cruiserweight never mind at heavy!

Onceinawhile
27-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Hope Hayes splatters him all over the canvas.

Bellow would be delighted to achieve half of what have did.

hibs#1
27-02-2017, 05:59 PM
I really can't see bellew getting anything out of this at all I do get what he saying about haye being a small heavyweight/big cruiserweight and them being the same height.
But adonis Stevenson absolutely destroyed bellew he was roughly 3.5 stone lighter than haye.plus haye has always had great power and speed.even if he is done I'd imagine he'll at very least still pack the power.

So haye inside 3 rounds for me.

kenny.ff
27-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Got a few mayes coming over to watch this. Actualy think its going to be a realy bad fight thou, haye is done and is a conman trying to get extra pay days. I dont realy mind bellew but he said it how it was about haye being a conman and a tit so for that i hope he gets the w

Lancs Harp
27-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Think Haye will win this easily, smarter, naturally bigger, far harder and quicker to the punch. Bellew will never have been hit as hard. I struggling to see any advantage Bellew might have.

Like our beloved football and sport in general though, you just never know.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2017, 09:38 PM
I really can't stand David Haye, I'm not a huge fan of Tony Bellew either although I hope he wins.

Haye comes across as completely insincere, arrogant and very condescending.

This whole war of words between them is all for show IMO and to make money. The pair of them will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Haye showed his true character by referring to Bellew's fans as "******s" the other day.

Nice guy. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't thank you for subscribing to this event.

JackLadd
28-02-2017, 10:00 PM
If Belew is still in the fight beyond the mid rounds it could get interesting but I doubt he will be. Haye tko4.

TheGreenMan
03-03-2017, 03:25 PM
Decent places in Edinburgh to watch this? Also what time is it likely to start?

CallumLaidlaw
03-03-2017, 04:40 PM
If Belew is still in the fight beyond the mid rounds it could get interesting but I doubt he will be. Haye tko4.

Yep. Want. Bellew to win but I think along the same lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
03-03-2017, 07:00 PM

Footlights on Spittal Street is decent for boxing. Big screen, pool table and pints are pretty good.

They also show German football all weekend but that's an irrelevant aside.

yonder1875
03-03-2017, 09:12 PM
This fight could prove to be a total mismatch to be quite honest. The build up and the verbals (and punches lol) that have been exchanged have sold this fight. Brook Spence is the PPV fight I'm looking forward to.

Since90+2
04-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Absolute mismatch and ridiculous its on PPV considering the undercard is crap. Ohara Davies and Derry Matthews is the chief support ffs.

Haye will destroy Bellew as soon as he wants , I woudnt be surprised if it's over in round 1. Tony Bellew would be knocked out by someone like Mairis Breidis if he was fighting in the lower weight class of Cruiserweight never mind a 16 stone plus David Haye.

Also , don't think for a second that Haye hasn't trained hard for this fight. You don't get to 9 percent body fat and the physique he displayed at the weigh in without a serious training camp behind you. His chief sparring partner for the fight was Bryant Jennings who is arguably a top 10 heavyweight and someone who himself would be a favourite to beat Bellew. He is also trained by Shane McGuigan who is a top coach very much into sports science so his conditioning will be absolutely spot on.

You can get 5/1 on Bellew to win when it should be atleast double that.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Can't see Bellend lasting more than a couple of rounds, three at most.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Closer the fight gets the more I see a Haye stoppage. He looked in great shape at the weigh in.

Bellew was stopped at light heavyweight. David Haye is a notoriously hard puncher and stopped a few guys who had previously been seen as having strong chins.

Haye inside 7.

sambajustice
04-03-2017, 10:55 AM
I want Bellew to win but it looks like it's all a game plan to get Haye and Joshua in the ring.

Joshua has chipped in with a couple of comments recently about not liking Haye so it looks like that rivalry is already building.

Seems to be turning into a WWE-esque type scenario with storylines and results already pre determined which will all build towards one super fight.

Haye is a dick and I hope he runs out of steam but like I said, I fear it's all story building aimed at making Anthony Joshua the biggest sports star on the planet!

Frazerbob
04-03-2017, 11:16 AM
Bellew has been duped by Haye into thinking he's been on a jolly in Miami on a yacht. All the footage of him barely breaking sweat during his on deck "work outs" and a few selfies in a nightclub have really done the trick. All very calculated by Haye & McGuigan Now he's seen him at close quarters at the weigh in, Bellew has changed his tune and is drooling over his physique and is now claiming he's going run out of steam cos he too ripped. The one thing I do agree with from Bellew is that this is the first time in a few years that a Haye opponent will actually try to punch back.

I predict Haye will play with him a while then blow him away pretty much whenever he fancies.

sleeping giant
04-03-2017, 12:51 PM
I'll join in.
Bellew to win in 2nd round.

I hadn't even heard of Bellew until a few weeks ago :greengrin

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Haye should win, but I've got a sneaky feeling that he might not have the hunger if it turns into a bit of a war. Bellew is a tough customer and he'll get in close with Haye and try and rough him up early on. Either way I can't wait for it.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 05:38 PM
Haye should win, but I've got a sneaky feeling that he might not have the hunger if it turns into a bit of a war. Bellew is a tough customer and he'll get in close with Haye and try and rough him up early on. Either way I can't wait for it.

Problem I see with that is Bellew can be very reckless coming forward. If he tries to get in close and is careless and Haye catches him clean then he's in big trouble.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 05:55 PM
Problem I see with that is Bellew can be very reckless coming forward. If he tries to get in close and is careless and Haye catches him clean then he's in big trouble.
I totally agree with that, but I still think that's the way Bellew will approach it it. If he tries to fight Haye at length he'll get picked off.
On a completely unrelated matter, last year at Cheltenham I was out having a beer on the balcony in the Istabraq bar which overlooks the entrance and a guy approached in a bright blue suit. I said to my mate there's Don Goodman. I shouted how you doing Don, he looked up and gave me the stare, at that point I realised it was David Haye. I felt like a right tit. I've never heard the end of it.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 06:02 PM
I totally agree with that, but I still think that's the way Bellew will approach it it. If he tries to fight Haye at length he'll get picked off.
On a completely unrelated matter, last year at Cheltenham I was out having a beer on the balcony in the Istabraq bar which overlooks the entrance and a guy approached in a bright blue suit. I said to my mate there's Don Goodman. I shouted how you doing Don, he looked up and gave me the stare, at that point I realised it was David Haye. I felt like a right tit. I've never heard the end of it.

:faf:

silverhibee
04-03-2017, 06:11 PM
£30 on Haye to KO Bellew in 4th round.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 06:15 PM
Lee Selby on now,in my not so expert opinion I've always thought Selby is/was a class act.footwork and movement always looks class.but he doesn't have much luck in getting big fights doesn't seem well promoted to me.I believe this is last fight with matchroom be interesting to see where goes next.

silverhibee
04-03-2017, 06:27 PM

10.30 - 10.45 start time.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 06:35 PM
Lee Selby on now,in my not so expert opinion I've always thought Selby is/was a class act.footwork and movement always looks class.but he doesn't have much luck in getting big fights doesn't seem well promoted to me.I believe this is last fight with matchroom be interesting to see where goes next.
He looked pretty ordinary imo. He needs as you say a big fight. There's a couple of fighters around just now that can't seem to get the big fight they want. I think that's down to the healthy state of British boxing atm.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 06:41 PM
He looked pretty ordinary imo. He needs as you say a big fight. There's a couple of fighters around just now that can't seem to get the big fight they want. I think that's down to the healthy state of British boxing atm.

Tbf he had been out the ring for about a year so could have been a bit rusty.

As you say British boxing is very healthy just now.more TV companies are getting involved which is great just hope we get to see all the great potential match ups.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Tbf he had been out the ring for about a year so could have been a bit rusty.

As you say British boxing is very healthy just now.more TV companies are getting involved which is great just hope we get to see all the great potential match ups.
I hope so too. Tonight could be the first of many great domestic match ups this year.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 06:45 PM
I can see Josh Taylor being involved in a big fight this year.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 06:46 PM
David Allen another interesting one not much skill there but tough and very powerful.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 06:48 PM
I can see Josh Taylor being involved in a big fight this year.

Yes still very inexperienced but looks some prospect
I'd maybe try and match him with Tommy coyle next.I know he's got a fight already scheduled or perhaps the winner of o'Hara Matthews.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Yes still very inexperienced but looks some prospect
I'd maybe try and match him with Tommy coyle next.I know he's got a fight already scheduled or perhaps the winner of o'Hara Matthews.
I might be wrong, but I get the impression that they're going to fast track him to a world title fight. I got tickets for his next fight at meadowbank. We'll know more after that.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 07:00 PM
I might be wrong, but I get the impression that they're going to fast track him to a world title fight. I got tickets for his next fight at meadowbank. We'll know more after that.

I did hear Barry mcguigan calling for the Ricky burns fight this year.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Coming out to the undertakers music haha

HibernianJK
04-03-2017, 07:14 PM
I did hear Barry mcguigan calling for the Ricky burns fight this year.

Mcguigan Snr said after his Commonwealth fight at Meadowbank that a match up with Burns was a way off after Shane said 6 months. May be next year but all depends on how Burns next fight goes as well.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Mcguigan Snr said after his Commonwealth fight at Meadowbank that a match up with Burns was a way off after Shane said 6 months. May be next year but all depends on how Burns next fight goes as well.

I might have picked it up wrong.

O'hara looked impressive in the same weight division.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 07:21 PM
I might have picked it up wrong.

O'hara looked impressive in the same weight division.
He was very impressive there against a tough fighter.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 07:25 PM
He was very impressive there against a tough fighter.

He looks very big for weight and very powerful.boxed smart aswell.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 07:31 PM
He looks very big for weight and very powerful.boxed smart aswell.
I've got ringside seats for Taylor at the end of the month. Hopefully he looks as impressive as I can see the two of them putting on a real show later in the year.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 07:38 PM
I've got ringside seats for Taylor at the end of the month. Hopefully he looks as impressive as I can see the two of them putting on a real show later in the year.

I think they will hold off until there is a world title on the line.how much did the tickets cost you?if you don't mind me asking.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 07:39 PM
Always liked Paulie Malignaggi. Be interesting to see what he has left.

His bravery during the Miguel Cotto fight was second to none.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 07:42 PM
I think they will hold off until there is a world title on the line.how much did the tickets cost you?if you don't mind me asking.
£130 with the booking fee.

Mon Dieu4
04-03-2017, 07:45 PM

He's a hard guy not to like, love him when he's doing commentary as well, really good insight into it all

hibs#1
£130 with the booking fee.

Not bad for ringside.I'm a big boxing fan and I've never actually been to see a fight live yet.need to get my finger out.

lord bunberry

I like him too. I really hope he's still got enough to put on a show. He's the sort of fighter who seems to be ageless. Class is permanent, but in boxing it's not always enough.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 07:46 PM
He's a hard guy not to like, love him when he's doing commentary as well, really good insight into it all

Absolutely. Not your usual cliche stuff. Properly points out things an untrained eye might miss.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 07:46 PM
Always liked malignaggi as well should be a good fight.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Not bad for ringside.I'm a big boxing fan and I've never actually been to see a fight live yet.need to get my finger out.
Tickets are still on sale mate. I should have said that £130 was for 2 tickets.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 07:48 PM
I like him too. I really hope he's still got enough to put on a show. He's the sort of fighter who seems to be ageless. Class is permanent, but in boxing it's not always enough.

It's always sad seeing a good pro go on too long. Much as I enjoyed Hatton beating Castillo it was sad to see one of the best lightweights of his era looking for a way out.

Hopefully Malignaggi still has something to offer tonight.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Tickets are still on sale mate. I should have said that £130 was for 2 tickets.

Cheers I did think that.where did you get them?

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Ring announcer doesn't like malignaggi's name.

The_Exile
04-03-2017, 07:52 PM
Would love Paulie to win this one.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 07:54 PM
Size difference is unreal.

The_Exile
04-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Apparently Paulie to be on commentary later if he's not too bashed up :greengrin

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 07:56 PM
Cheers I did think that.where did you get them?
They're on ticketmaster mate. We're in block b if you fancy joining us :greengrin

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Would love Paulie to win this one.
He took a few shots in the first round there.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 07:58 PM
They're on ticketmaster mate. We're in block b if you fancy joining us :greengrin

Cheers mate.I'll have a look tomorrow.

The_Exile
04-03-2017, 08:01 PM
He took a few shots in the first round there.

Yep, thought he'd be a bit more elusive than this but he's getting tagged often, might get cut up and pulled out.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 08:04 PM
Yep, thought he'd be a bit more elusive than this but he's getting tagged often, might get cut up and pulled out.
I really hope he doesn't take a beating here.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 08:06 PM
Malignaggi trying to pot shot a bit too much imo. He adopted that tactic back when Buddy McGirt trained him and it doesn't suit him.

Better round for Malignaggi here though.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 08:13 PM
Malignaggi trying to pot shot a bit too much imo. He adopted that tactic back when Buddy McGirt trained him and it doesn't suit him.

Better round for Malignaggi here though.
Sadly he's not got the speed for those tactics to be successful anymore.

The_Exile
04-03-2017, 08:15 PM
WAR PAULIE!!! What a finish to the 6th.

lord bunberry
Wow didn't see that coming

Pretty Boy
Oooft.

If Malignaggi was a puncher then that was over. He had him all over the shop.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 08:16 PM
He still looks shaken. Lot of blood about the mouth as well.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Some round.malignaggi right in this

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 08:20 PM
At last a fight to get the juices flowing

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Some body shot.

Don't think eggington troubles the top welterweights though.

The_Exile
04-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Those body shots are sickening when you get tagged by one, great accuracy and timing of the shot. Game over for Paulie.

Pretty Boy
Fair play to Eggington. Takes a lot to stop Malignaggi.

Broken rib or 2 right there I think.

silverhibee
Good body shot.

Shame.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Some body shot.

Don't think eggington troubles the top welterweights though.
Lovely body shot, but he won't get away with that sort of performance against a heavier hitter.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Odds on Joshua and Haye pointing a few fingers at each other post fight?

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 08:30 PM
Odds on Joshua and Haye pointing a few fingers at each other post fight?

1/1000.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Malignaggi as good as retires. Glad to hear it.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Lovely body shot, but he won't get away with that sort of performance against a heavier hitter.

Nah brook,thurman,Porter,garcia,khan would have finished him early.

Paulie was up on the 2 of the cards aswell 2nd retirement of the night sadly.he has had great career and a good guy.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Nah brook,thurman,Porter,garcia,khan would have finished him early.

Paulie was up on the 2 of the cards aswell 2nd retirement of the night sadly.he has had great career and a good guy.
Thank god it didn't go to the judges. I had paulie well down.

The_Exile
04-03-2017, 08:47 PM
This might be controversial, but I'm not a fan of this womens boxing lark, especially not the fight before a main event PPV scrap.

silverhibee
04-03-2017, 08:50 PM
She looks like a gang member :greengrin

The_Exile
04-03-2017, 08:51 PM
She looks like a gang member :greengrin

Would absolutely love her to knock Katie Taylor out :greengrin

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 09:03 PM
This might be controversial, but I'm not a fan of this womens boxing lark, especially not the fight before a main event PPV scrap.
I agree. It doesn't seem right to me. I'm fully aware that my views are outdated, but that's where I'm at.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Savage finish from Taylor.

Not mad keen on womens boxing either tbh but there's no doubting Taylors skill and talent.

The_Exile
04-03-2017, 09:09 PM
Well that was a complete mismatch, that Italian guy didn't land a single punch on Katie.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 09:11 PM
I'm not against women boxers and Katie Taylor is some fighter.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 09:17 PM
Joshua standing next to nelson highlights the problem Bellew has tonight

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Joshua standing next to nelson highlights the problem Bellew has tonight

Yeah jonny isn't a wee guy either.

The_Exile
04-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Paulies back on comms!! Legend!! I've paid £16.95 for one of the worst PPV cards in a decade and I want to see Bellew punched over the top rope, this better not disappoint!!!

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Let's get ready to rumble

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Here we go. About bloody time.

stoneyburn hibs
04-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Haye third round.

The_Exile
04-03-2017, 09:37 PM
I reckon that's Bellews actual dressing gown.

silverhibee
04-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Well that was a complete mismatch, that Italian guy didn't land a single punch on Katie.

:tee hee:

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 09:40 PM
****ing hell Haye is milking this.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 09:41 PM
**** me did he borrow that ring walk from chris Eubank

heretoday
04-03-2017, 09:46 PM
I haven't seen a boxing match for quite some time. I can't believe the amount of hype and posturing. It'll probably all be over in two rounds!

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 09:47 PM
Jeezo they aren't holding back. Good start.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Jeezo they aren't holding back. Good start.
1st round Bellew

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Scrappy round but exciting.

Haye all over the shop with his wild hooks. Needs to show a bit more respect. Bellew good on the back foot.

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2017, 09:50 PM
1st round Bellew

Agreed. Haye looking to land a big one and has missed a lot.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Haye looks ragged

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Haye is so wild. Malignaggi spot on saying he needs to set things up rather than just trying huge single shots.

cammy1969
04-03-2017, 09:54 PM
If haye keeps trying to land the big one he's gona get caught

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 09:56 PM
If I was a gambling man my money would be on Bellew

The_Exile
04-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Haye's timing is really really off here.

Pretty Boy
Bellew just needs to watch he doesn't shed rounds by letting Haye dictate the pace a bit and look more aggressive. He's defending well but he'll need to start throwing a few shots at some point.

matty_f
Have either of them landed a punch of note yet?

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 09:59 PM
WTF Hayes swinging like a lunatic at times.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 10:01 PM
Haye won that round

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:01 PM
The way Bellew is fighting must be tiring and Haye just starting to find gaps. 2 or 3 half decent shots in that round. Much smarter there from Haye.

matty_f
04-03-2017, 10:02 PM
The way Bellew is fighting must be tiring and Haye just starting to find gaps. 2 or 3 half decent shots in that round. Much smarter there from Haye.

:agree: Haye looked better there. Couple of good shots in that round.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 10:02 PM
Have either of them landed a punch of note yet?
Bellew landed early on, but apart from that not really.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Be interesting to see Bellews numbers since the end of the 1st round. He's not thrown a lot.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:05 PM
Another Haye round. Bellew giving a few afters which is usually a sign someone is hurting them.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Be interesting to see Bellews numbers since the end of the 1st round. He's not thrown a lot.
Yeah, but neither has Haye.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Yeah, but neither has Haye.

He's definitely forcing the issue though which will steal him rounds.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Hayes ****ed his knee. This is over.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:09 PM
No way can Haye go on. It's an accident waiting to happen.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 10:10 PM
Haye has just went up massively in my estimation for keeping going

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:11 PM
Haye has just went up massively in my estimation for keeping going

Absolutely.

He's going to get badly hurt here but very brave.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Bellew is absolutely gassed.

This could end up a farce with 2 guys staggering about like drunks.

matty_f
04-03-2017, 10:14 PM
Why are Haye's corner not pulling him out of this fight? He's not going to win it now and is clearly injured.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:16 PM
Why are Haye's corner not pulling him out of this fight? He's not going to win it now and is clearly injured.

I think they are hoping for a Danny Williams type moment where he just lands one big shot. Audley Harrison had a similar win as well.

If Bellew keeps tiring at this rate he might get a chance. Very unlikely though and I agree he should be taken out for his own good.

lord bunberry
We're into rocky territory now

stoneyburn hibs
Credit to Haye, big stones carrying on. Tony still hasn't finished him.......

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Credit to Haye, big stones carrying on. Tony still hasn't finished him.......

If Haye takes this to points it will be a heroic effort on his part.

matty_f
04-03-2017, 10:18 PM
If Haye takes this to points it will be a heroic effort on his part.

:agree: never had much time for him before but this is some effort. He's done in but still somehow holding his own.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Hayes jab landed a couple of times in that round.

You wonder if he could jab his way to a draw. Is it in his skill set or nature?

3pm
Haye to win.

Swedish hibee
One word- WOW!!!! What a fight.
C'mon Bellew.

matty_f
04-03-2017, 10:22 PM
Big punch to the nads there.

The_Exile
04-03-2017, 10:22 PM
Bellew looks to have gassed here, he's struggling to get rid of a one legged man.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:26 PM
Hayes jab is his best weapon here, he should use it more.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 10:27 PM
Bellew looks to have gassed here, he's struggling to get rid of a one legged man.
He doesn't need to get rid of him. He's winning the fight without a ko

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 10:27 PM
Bellew can't even put away a one legged fighter.

sambajustice
04-03-2017, 10:28 PM
I would have said Bellew is boxing smart rather than looking like he's run out of steam

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2017, 10:29 PM

He doesn't need to. He's seeing out the fight.

Actually...... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:30 PM
Towel thrown in.

Fair play to Haye, balls of steel. Not sure Bellew has a future as a heavyweight.

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Towel thrown in.

Fair play to Haye, balls of steel. Not sure Bellew has a future as a heavyweight.

Not sure he wants one.

matty_f
04-03-2017, 10:32 PM
Towel thrown in.

Would say he'd struggle at this weight. That win was down to Haye being unable to fight back.

stoneyburn hibs

Thought you would be behind the Scouser.

Pretty Boy
I would have said Bellew is boxing smart rather than looking like he's run out of steam

Think it was a bit of both.

He threw a lot of punches after Haye was injured for a couple of rounds and think he definitely felt the pace. In saying that he knew he was ahead and I think he chose to slow the pace to give himself a breather as much as anything.

The_Exile
Bit of a strange one, he didn't celebrate at the end there Bellew, which is fair enough as Haye was walking like me after 7 pints and 5 nips.

lord bunberry
Towel thrown in.

That depends on how highly you rate Haye. Bellew wasn't exactly being outclassed before Haye got injured.

Haymaker
04-03-2017, 10:33 PM
I think Bellew. He seems more focused.

Boom.

heretoday
04-03-2017, 10:33 PM
Good fight in the end. Bellew kept his discipline while Haye was all over the place.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Thought you would be behind the Scouser.

Nope can't stand him. Fight ended as a contest with the injury no real winner tonight.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 10:36 PM
He doesn't need to. He's seeing out the fight.

Actually...... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

No contest after the injury, false result really.

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2017, 10:37 PM
No contest after the injury, false result really.

Behave. Haye was crushing his skull in the first 3 rounds. Even Haye says he was the better fighter.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Decent interview from Haye. Giving all the credit to Bellew and not playing up the injury at all. He's gone way up in my estimation.

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Decent interview from Haye. Giving all the credit to Bellew and not playing up the injury at all. He's gone way up in my estimation.

Basically, he's finished as a heavyweight so needs a rematch against Bellew

chinaman
04-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Thank **** I never paid for that shyt .
WTCHING in pub with my China pissing himself with his Birkenhead drawl.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Bellend saying he has heart of a lion? What about the guy on one leg FFS he really is a bellend.

lord bunberry
Agreed. That was class

CallumLaidlaw
Bellend saying he has heart of a lion? What about the guy on one leg FFS he really is a bellend.

Yawn.

ColinNish
04-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Good fight in the end. Bellew kept his discipline while Haye was all over the place.

Good fight? You are joking aren't you.

The_Exile
Best PPV ever. Rematch FTW :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
Behave. Haye was crushing his skull in the first 3 rounds. Even Haye says he was the better fighter.

My arse Hayes being nice to get another big payday, the injury ended the contest.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Yawn.

Yep Bellend sends me to sleep as well.

H18 SFR
04-03-2017, 10:42 PM

I would say a good fight in the sense that it was edge of the seat for reasons that normally wouldn't do so.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 10:43 PM
You're not exactly an impartial witness in this episode. Bellew was great tonight.

H18 SFR
Paulies back on comms!! Legend!! I've paid £16.95 for one of the worst PPV cards in a decade and I want to see Bellew punched over the top rope, this better not disappoint!!!

Are you disappointed lol?

Sir David Gray
My earlier suspicions about the slanging match that's taken place over the past few weeks being staged has been confirmed with all the compliments going back and forward between the pair of them.

Very WWE-esque.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 10:44 PM
One of the biggest upsets in British boxing???? This ****** sounds like WWE a one legged man hahahahaha

Pretty Boy

It wasn't a classic technically but it was a decent watch.

First few rounds were quite tactical, in which Bellew looked like he had a plan. Then the injury turned it into something entirely different but it was still an intriguing watch.

I've seen far worse fights and far worse PPVs.

The_Exile
Are you disappointed lol?

Perversely, I actually enjoyed that bizarre showing more than I think I would've enjoyed a 1st round mauling :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
04-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Good fight but I'd doubt that a rematch would be box office.

Scouse Hibee
You're not exactly an impartial witness in this episode. Bellew was great tonight.

Was he? Deary me if you think so carry on.

Lancs Harp
By heck what an unusual fight. I was watching on link that cut out now and again, what did happen to Haye's leg?

Fair play to Bellew

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2017, 10:46 PM

It's amazing what a difference a pair of red shorts and walking out to YNWA would have made [emoji102]

J-C
04-03-2017, 10:47 PM
2 fighters well past it, I hope they both retire and never fight again, embarrassing stuff from both of them. They reminded me of the 2 drunk Glaswegians fighting outside their flats and kept falling over everytime they swung a punch.

H18 SFR
Perversely, I actually enjoyed that bizarre showing more than I think I would've enjoyed a 1st round mauling :greengrin

That's how I would sum it up as well. I really like Bellew based on a documentary style thing sky did back years ago. It was really good, showing how much of a family man he is. Sadly I've never been able to find it on youtube etc. Prior to that I wasn't keen on him.

stoneyburn hibs

Let it go as it's quite pathetic.

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2017, 10:48 PM

It so is eh [emoji23][emoji23]

Pretty Boy
It's amazing what a difference a pair of red shorts and walking out to YNWA would have made [emoji102]

Tbf to SH he was always pretty critical of David Price back when he was a thing.

Scouse Hibee

He was in the red corner makes no difference to me it was boxing not football.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 10:49 PM

Hark at you! The injury ended it as a contest, no doubt about it.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 10:50 PM
Well that was interesting.got to say the injury did end it as a proper contest.I thought haye was cruising until that point but fair play to bellew up till then he took some big shots and didn't look totally out of place.bellew was blowing out his arse the last couple of rounds.

And all credit to haye for showing great courage would have been fair enough to retire in his corner but he kept going and fair play for his interview after aswell.

ColinNish
It wasn't a classic technically but it was a decent watch.

First few rounds were quite tactical, in which Bellew looked like he had a plan. Then the injury turned it into something entirely different but it was still an intriguing watch.

I've seen far worse fights and far worse PPVs.

Lets just say I'm glad i never paid to watch it. 😎

Scouse Hibee
It so is eh [emoji23][emoji23]

Yes it was pathetic at last we agree. Anyone that says the injury didn't end it as a contest is clueless really.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 10:53 PM
Well that was interesting.got to say the injury did end it as a proper contest.I thought haye was cruising until that point but fair play to bellew up till then he took some big shots and didn't look totally out of place.bellew was blowing out his arse the last couple of rounds.

And all credit to haye for showing great courage would have been fair enough to retire in his corner but he kept going and fair play for his interview after aswell.

At last someone who saw what I saw.

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2017, 10:57 PM
Yes it was pathetic at last we agree. Anyone that says the injury didn't end it as a contest is clueless really.

No one is saying that. Bellew boxed better for the first few rounds. He took a few big hits from Haye but Haye was desperate to land a big punch. Once the injury hit in the 5th bellew had to readjust and make sure he just won the fight. Yes bellew HAD to win after that, but there was still a chance Haye could have landed 1 big punch so bellew had to judge that. I can't stand Haye but appreciate he done well to stay in the fight. I doubt you'll do the same about Bellew tho.

H18 SFR
04-03-2017, 10:57 PM
Jesus, they're talking about Bellew v Parker or Wilder now. The scary thing is Hearn has a track record of tying down these big fights and both will fancy destroying Bellew with ease.

lord bunberry
04-03-2017, 11:01 PM
No one is saying that. Bellew boxed better for the first few rounds. He took a few big hits from Haye but Haye was desperate to land a big punch. Once the injury hit in the 5th bellew had to readjust and make sure he just won the fight. Yes bellew HAD to win after that, but there was still a chance Haye could have landed 1 big punch so bellew had to judge that. I can't stand Haye but appreciate he done well to stay in the fight. I doubt you'll do the same about Bellew tho.

That's exactly how I saw the fight. Bellew was doing well, but as soon as Haye got injured Bellew did what he had to do to win the fight.

hibs#1
04-03-2017, 11:02 PM
Jesus, they're talking about Bellew v Parker or Wilder now. The scary thing is Hearn has a track record of tying down these big fights and both will fancy destroying Bellew with ease.

I reckon hearn could sell sand to the Arabs.

Deontay wilder is a very wild fighter not got great technique but I'm sure it's all talk bellew stock willor never have been higher so I reckon they will explore all avenues until they sell us the rematch. To be fair there are no real big money fights at cruiserweight for him so he's as well trying his luck at heavyweight.

Swedish hibee
04-03-2017, 11:03 PM
Made myself some cash tonight. Year of the under-dog continues!!!! Well Done Bellew.

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2017, 11:07 PM
Made myself some cash tonight. Year of the under-dog continues!!!! Well Done Bellew.

And now it's time for the Scottish Cup highlights [emoji172][emoji172]

The_Exile
04-03-2017, 11:07 PM
Haye was clearly injured before he stepped in the ring tonight, you don't fly to Germany to see a world renowned knee and ankle specialist a few days before your fight if you haven't snapped something. TBF to Bellew though he took some heavy shots in those first few rounds and stood up to them so credit where it's due. Think if you're fighting a guy with one operating leg then you need to do it in less than 5 rounds though, so that last 5 rounds is either the best 5 rounds or the worst 5 rounds I've ever seen, I still can't really decide which :greengrin

Bellew has now called out Wilder, I mean seriously, WTF?!!

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2017, 11:13 PM

No you're wrong,I'll agree with you this time.

easty
04-03-2017, 11:27 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/lfcmaestro23/status/838168870951215104

sambajustice
04-03-2017, 11:35 PM
For my untrained eye...

Haye was strutting about like a dick at the start.

Bellew was in it for a bit but don't think he could really hurt Haye with a single punch, would take 4 or 5 clean shots to do that.

Haye was trying to land big shots that Bellew was doing well to avoid.

Haye hurt himself but was that more down to his wild nature, swinging and Bellew making him miss.

Haye is old.

Bellew had scored a knock down and ahead on the cards.

Bellew didn't go into finish him off because 1, he didn't quite have the power to annihilate him and 2, just had to score points because Haye couldn't chase him.

Haye probably could have chinned him in one go, so why risk that. Bellew just had to "stick and move"! Even Tony Evers would have offered up that advice.

Haye is still a dick. Glad he lost.

Bellew is no heavyweight.

I love a conspiracy so I reckon tonight has messed everything up. Haye was probably supposed to win and get a few good rounds under his belt so he could fight Joshua. Hearns & Bellew make loads of money with no risk.

What next? Haye goes down to Cruiserweight for a rematch or retires.

Joshua would destroy Haye.

Haye is still a dick

Haymaker
05-03-2017, 12:39 AM
Haye injured in a big fight? Heard that before after a loss.

HibernianJK
05-03-2017, 12:52 AM
Pretty poor fight not a lot happening for the first half then Haye got injured. Bellew knocked him down and landed a few good shots in 7,8,9 then tired.

Not mad keen on a rematch and don't see either of them as having a future at Heavyweight. Haye because I think he will retire and Bellew because I just don't think he's good enough.

Haymaker
05-03-2017, 01:04 AM
Haye needed to win to set up the super fight for EH. Bellew can't face Joshua and was clearly happy with the purse tonight. Doubt either will be back in the ring again.

leither17
05-03-2017, 04:30 AM
Backed Bellew at 6/1 as soon as that injury was rumoured during the week lovely wee lift

Pete
05-03-2017, 06:33 AM
Hark at you! The injury ended it as a contest, no doubt about it.

Let's be honest it's the people's champion who supports the people's club in Liverpool. A good, down to earth scouser who is true to his routes should be applauded.

I think Manny Paquiao, Mayweather or somebody might like Liverpool FC.

Scouse Hibee
05-03-2017, 08:52 AM
Let's be honest it's the people's champion who supports the people's club in Liverpool. A good, down to earth scouser who is true to his routes should be applauded.

I think Manny Paquiao, Mayweather or somebody might like Liverpool FC.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz the equivalent of a Yam trying to build up Hertz on the back of nothing.

Frazerbob
05-03-2017, 09:09 AM
With the stories of Haye undergoing surgery on his ankle through the night emerging, here are my thoughts........

When the rumours of Haye flying to Germany to see his surgeon came out earlier in the week, everyone put it down to gamesmanship & him trying to unsettle Bellew........now looks like this was genuine. With the years of ridicule he's received since blaming his wee toe for the poor performance against Klitschko, he simply couldn't withdraw from the fight in fight week. He would've been slaughtered and his career would've been over.

In his final interview before the fight at the weigh-in, Bellew very specifically predicted that Haye would quit during the fight and "disgrace himself". Thanks to that, there was no way Haye could quit after the (very real) injury. Again, he would've been slaughtered and his career would've been over.

On to the actual fight.....after the first round, Bellew never landed a punch worth talking about until the injury. It was clearly his game plan to get through the first half of the fight and then go for it in the later rounds. Maybe even just to hear the final bell would've been enough for him. Haye was looking for the fight ending punch from the first bell, he wasn't using the jab nearly enough until around round 4. Then the injury. For anyone to claim that was fake is laughable. You can could clearly see it happen, the commentators called it at the time. Why would a proud fighter choose to stagger around the ring looking like me on a night out after several pints and sambuccas? From that moment on, Haye couldn't get any power into his punches. He couldn't plant his feet. Any other fighter would've quit but for reasons stated earlier, he simply couldn't. He did ridiculously well to get through to round 11 and still had be pulled out by his corner (who should've done it much earlier). To beat that count was incredible.

Great to see the mutual respect after the finish despite the outrageous trash talk of the previous months and I was glad that Haye didn't once mention the injury in the interview despite it being the obvious reason for his loss. He showed zero class pre-fight but almost made up for it after the fight. I say almost because his virtual begging for a re-match was very unedifying.

Every fight expert, every ex boxer and all the Sky & BBC commentators have waxed lyrical about Haye's warrior like heart and the fact the he could've but didn't quit. He had no choice in my opinion but full marks to both fighters in the end.

Rematch? No thanks.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-03-2017, 10:53 AM

Good to see, I'm glad it isnae just me! :-)

yonder1875
05-03-2017, 11:22 AM
Don't get people having a go at Bellew here. All week he's supposedly going to walking into a fight that'll end with him going to hospital after 2/3 rounds max, a fully fit Haye didn't look like doing that at all. When Haye got the injury, Bellew simply finished the job, so hats off to the guy.

Two dreams Bellew has achieved in a year and absolutely no one can take that away from him, chuffed for him.

easty
05-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Don't get people having a go at Bellew here. All week he's supposedly going to walking into a fight that'll end with him going to hospital after 2/3 rounds max, a fully fit Haye didn't look like doing that at all. When Haye got the injury, Bellew simply finished the job, so hats off to the guy.

Two dreams Bellew has achieved in a year and absolutely no one can take that away from him, chuffed for him.

Exactly this.

I don't think I heard Bellew say he was going knock Haye out, in the lead up to the fight. Maybe he did, but I didn't hear it. Now, you have folk berating him for not knocking out Haye after he got injured. Bellew did what he needed to. Before he started limping about, Haye was throwing huge punches, and missing with almost all of them.

Haye banged on about hurting Bellew, Haye was convinced he'd knock him out. Even before his injury, he wasn't doing that.

Frazerbob
05-03-2017, 01:39 PM
Exactly this.

I don't think I heard Bellew say he was going knock Haye out, in the lead up to the fight. Maybe he did, but I didn't hear it. Now, you have folk berating him for not knocking out Haye after he got injured. Bellew did what he needed to. Before he started limping about, Haye was throwing huge punches, and missing with almost all of them.

Haye banged on about hurting Bellew, Haye was convinced he'd knock him out. Even before his injury, he wasn't doing that.

Bellew said he'd win, never really stated how but he did say he hoped both fighters would be unharmed at the end. He then said after the weigh in that Haye would "gas it", "quit" and "disgrace himself". He did win and Haye did gas it (they both did to be fair) but Haye didn't quit or disgrace himself. Both fighters came out with credit without it being a great example of the sweet science.

Frazerbob
05-03-2017, 01:46 PM
Boxing Worldwide just tweeted "David Haye has undergone major surgery on a ruptured Achilles, and has also sustained torn knee ligaments."

ColinNish
05-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Boxing Worldwide just tweeted "David Haye has undergone major surgery on a ruptured Achilles, and has also sustained torn knee ligaments."

Thanks for the info.

JackLadd
05-03-2017, 04:07 PM
Bellew has skills, was slipping punches and countering well, but no way is he a hw with enough pop. Put him in with any of Wilder, Parker, Joshua, Wlad and he'd be KO'd quick. Going to the body would ruin him if you can't catch him clean.

The_Exile
05-03-2017, 08:11 PM
The fight should've been postponed IMO, Haye had already damaged his Achilles and looks like he done zero actual sparring because of this. He was injured before he stepped in the ring, that's why his movement was awful and because of not doing any sparring his timing was way off. I reckon Sky have told him they'll never ever work with him again if he pulled out and he's probably been arrogant enough to think he can blow Bellew out of the ring in a round and when it didn't happen he just looked worse as the fight went on until the injury.

Hopefully there's no rematch and with Haye having had an op on his ankle and something to do with his knee ligaments today I think the chances of that happening are slim to none. Bit of a circus really but one of the more interesting PPVs of recent years :greengrin

hibs#1
06-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Bellew has skills, was slipping punches and countering well, but no way is he a hw with enough pop. Put him in with any of Wilder, Parker, Joshua, Wlad and he'd be KO'd quick. Going to the body would ruin him if you can't catch him clean.

Think he's only looking for the big money tbh.

yonder1875
06-03-2017, 04:55 PM

Don't see why Bellew couldn't compete with Parker and at a push, even Wilder. The first 6 rounds of the Haye fight, he all but matched him and took big shots, Parker can't hit like Haye and if Bellew can take big hits from as big a hitter as Haye, he can trade with Parker comfortably I believe.

Parker and Wilder are a level below Anthony Joshua.

hibs#1
06-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Don't see why Bellew couldn't compete with Parker and at a push, even Wilder. The first 6 rounds of the Haye fight, he all but matched him and took big shots, Parker can't hit like Haye and if Bellew can take big hits from as big a hitter as Haye, he can trade with Parker comfortably I believe.

Parker and Wilder are a level below Anthony Joshua.

I'd agree with what you say.I'd like I said earlier if he's after the biggest paydays then it's the heavyweight division there isn't any big names in the cruiserweights to offset the dangerous fighters.

yonder1875
06-03-2017, 08:40 PM
I'd agree with what you say.I'd like I said earlier if he's after the biggest paydays then it's the heavyweight division there isn't any big names in the cruiserweights to offset the dangerous fighters.

Of course mate, why wouldn't Bellew push for another heavyweight fight when he knows he'll get paid over x10 what he would at cruiserweight to secure his and his family's futures? We all would!

Frazerbob
07-03-2017, 12:31 PM
Of course mate, why wouldn't Bellew push for another heavyweight fight when he knows he'll get paid over x10 what he would at cruiserweight to secure his and his family's futures? We all would!

I think his family's future is very secure already TBF. Have you seen his hoose!

Brussel Patepy
07-03-2017, 08:46 PM

Cruiserweight Oleksandr Usyk is a special talent and Murat Gassiev, Denis Lebedev, Krzysztof Glowacki are very tough fights for Bellew also. Now that Bellew's made his big money in a UK super fight hyped up to target the casual fans I think he should try for a unification fight back down at cruiserweight. Although I think Bellew loses to them all imo. Usyk would likely school him.

Wilder has a lot of technical flaws as a boxer but he could potentially do serious damage to Bellew. He hits extremely hard with those wild swings of his. Joshua is a no no fight as well obviously due to his shear size and power. I know Haye can also bang but he was closer to Bellew in size and words been around for a long time that Haye's shot and falling to bits making the fight lower risk than it would have been in Haye's prime but still a very high reward £££. Sure, another fight at heavyweight would be more than enough to secure Bellews families future but there's also a chance he could get seriously hurt. Wilder's already nearly killed someone in the ring ffs. I shudder to think what the shot Wilder hospitalized Artur Szpilka with would do to a natural light heavy/cruiserweight. I know Bellew has a decent chin but I remember when he couldn't handle the power of ko artist Adonis Stevenson when they fought at light heavyweight so anybody who thinks Bellew can take full shots from Wilder is living in cloud cuckoo land.

hibs#1
09-03-2017, 03:42 PM
Cruiserweight Oleksandr Usyk is a special talent and Murat Gassiev, Denis Lebedev, Krzysztof Glowacki are very tough fights for Bellew also. Now that Bellew's made his big money in a UK super fight hyped up to target the casual fans I think he should try for a unification fight back down at cruiserweight. Although I think Bellew loses to them all imo. Usyk would likely school him.

Wilder has a lot of technical flaws as a boxer but he could potentially do serious damage to Bellew. He hits extremely hard with those wild swings of his. Joshua is a no no fight as well obviously due to his shear size and power. I know Haye can also bang but he was closer to Bellew in size and words been around for a long time that Haye's shot and falling to bits making the fight lower risk than it would have been in Haye's prime but still a very high reward £££. Sure, another fight at heavyweight would be more than enough to secure Bellews families future but there's also a chance he could get seriously hurt. Wilder's already nearly killed someone in the ring ffs. I shudder to think what the shot Wilder hospitalized Artur Szpilka with would do to a natural light heavy/cruiserweight. I know Bellew has a decent chin but I remember when he couldn't handle the power of ko artist Adonis Stevenson when they fought at light heavyweight so anybody who thinks Bellew can take full shots from Wilder is living in cloud cuckoo land.

The 4 names you mention.I doubt he'll fight them as you say very dangerous fights for him plus none are household names so the risk reward is lesser.personally I think we'll get the Haye rematch or he'll fight at heavyweight.

Further down you mention Stevenson and your right he destroyed him (that's why I thought he had no chance against haye)I think he has proven he can fight to a game plan and avoid being hit neither parker or Wilder are the most skilful of boxers.plus money and the chance to win a heavyweight title is a huge incentive.

Zazu62
09-03-2017, 06:21 PM
He would be better fighting another heavyweight because Usyk schools him in a bad way

Brussel Patepy
09-03-2017, 11:48 PM
The 4 names you mention.I doubt he'll fight them as you say very dangerous fights for him plus none are household names so the risk reward is lesser.personally I think we'll get the Haye rematch or he'll fight at heavyweight.

Further down you mention Stevenson and your right he destroyed him (that's why I thought he had no chance against haye)I think he has proven he can fight to a game plan and avoid being hit neither parker or Wilder are the most skilful of boxers.plus money and the chance to win a heavyweight title is a huge incentive.

I hope he fights at cruiserweight mate. That's where he really should be fighting. But as you say its high risk low reward due to the best in the cruiserweight division being extremely good but unknown to the casual fans which is where the big money's at, and also the cruiserweight division being one of the more historically unglamorous ones.

Haye looked shot to bits even before the injury. The physical attributes that made him what he was were completely gone. Bellew took advantage of that with a game plan and boxed well. It will be much harder to pull that off against Parker and especially Wilder who is very athletic and certainly not shot like Haye was, plus he's also much bigger. Wilder boxed poorly in his last fight and usually always does but he seems to always find the KO and it's usually brutal. I think his wildness, awkward punching angles and poor technique all around has its advantages as it makes his offence unpredictable. I also don't think Bellew has the strengh or power to fight big natural heavyweights in their physical prime's. If they don't respect his power, and he can't keep away from them, then he's taking a beating in my opinion.

I will add I think Bellew's a better boxer than both Wilder and Parker and probably better than anybody they have fought. Wilder has a padded record, his best win is Bermane Stiverne which is embarrassing for a champion who's defended his title 9 times. It's just the size difference I have issues with really. If Bellew does fight one of them I hope he proves me wrong and retires a very wealthy man.