PDA

View Full Version : Team booed at the end?

RonD
26-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Some papers are reporting that the team was booed at the end of the game. I thought the boos were for the referee who had a dreadful game.

High-On-Hibs
26-02-2017, 05:13 PM
The booing was at the referee. Media just being tossers as per.

Danderhall Hibs
26-02-2017, 05:15 PM
How do we know it was for the ref? It was instantly on full time - no waiting until the ref walked off (like how it was done at half time).

High-On-Hibs
26-02-2017, 05:16 PM
How do we know it was for the ref? It was instantly on full time - no waiting until the ref walked off (like how it was done at half time).

Because most people were already in the process of clearing off at the full time whistle.

stantonhibby
26-02-2017, 05:16 PM
It was for the ref and lack of time added

bingo70
26-02-2017, 05:18 PM
There's a couple of tits who sit near me at the back row of the west stand who regularly boo our own players throughout games and they were very loudly booing the team after the game yesterday. They were mostly shot down by all around me though.

Danderhall Hibs
26-02-2017, 05:20 PM
Because most people were already in the process of clearing off at the full time whistle.

Can see why it looked like we bood the team and I think a lot of folk were booing the team.

skipster7
26-02-2017, 05:20 PM
It was at the team for blowing a 2 goal lead but didnt last long. perfectly natural imo.

frazeHFC
26-02-2017, 05:21 PM
Heard a few boos at the full time whistle which appeared to be for the team, but the team were still applauded by most. Then there was louder booing as the officials made their way down the tunnel.

ajf
26-02-2017, 05:23 PM
. I'm in the west lowertowards the south stand and any booing was definitely aimed at that clown Beaton :confused:

High-On-Hibs
26-02-2017, 05:26 PM
. I'm in the west lowertowards the south stand and any booing was definitely aimed at that clown Beaton :confused:

Aye, but let some people believe it was towards the team. So they can continue to finger point and whinge while kidding of they're a better fan.

SON OF PADDY
26-02-2017, 05:30 PM
I was booing at the end of the game !
And it was only for the officials who IMHO were terrible.

I would never boo anyone playing for my team, anyone who thinks otherwise needs to have a serious word with themselves.

Danderhall Hibs
26-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Aye, but let some people believe it was towards the team. So they can continue to finger point and whinge while kidding of they're a better fan.

I'm not doing that but booing bang on FT looks like you're booing the team. I didn't think to ask everyone around me in the bit of the East stand who they were booing though so can't speak for everyone.

skipster7
26-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Around me in the east it was 100% at the team as it was as soon as the whistle went.People rightly not happy at another great chance to extend our lead.Didn't last more than a few seconds.Plenty also applauded the effort the team put in.

jgl07
26-02-2017, 05:37 PM
FF Upper and it was all aimed at Beaton.

hibsbollah
26-02-2017, 05:38 PM
I assumed the brief booing at the end was for the performance. I don't like it personally, I'll boo for a really shocking performance especially if there's a lack of effort, but some seem to enjoy booing anytime we don't get the three points.

RoYO!
26-02-2017, 05:38 PM
Spontaneous booing right on the whistle. Seemed to me to be aimed at the team. Not large in number/ volume/ duration. If you want to boo the ref wait till they're heading down the tunnel.

snooky
26-02-2017, 05:39 PM
The booing was definitely for the ref. Half the players were already off the park when the big boo started. That was as the Beaton trio were approaching the tunnel.

Danderhall Hibs
26-02-2017, 05:42 PM
No wonder the media don't know who was being booed - we can't even decide ourselves!

Sir David Gray
26-02-2017, 05:45 PM
I personally don't boo any Hibs team regardless of performance or result but for those who do boo, I can see why losing a 2-0 lead at home to Dunfermline would justify such a reaction in their minds.

snooky
26-02-2017, 05:50 PM
No wonder the media don't know who was being booed - we can't even decide ourselves!

There may have been some minor booing at the end directed at the players but the BIG BOO was 100% for the ref.

SON OF PADDY
26-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Why wait till he's leaving the pitch !
I personally like to let the Prick know during the game, and boy did he deserves it, he was quite simply 💩💩💩💩😬😬😬😬

snooky
26-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Why wait till he's leaving the pitch !
I personally like to let the Prick know during the game, and boy did he deserves it, he was quite simply 💩💩💩💩😬😬😬😬

So that he knows it's him that is being booed and not the players and I agree, he deserved it.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-02-2017, 06:02 PM
Was quite clearly aimed at the ref

GreenLake
26-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Anyone booing that Hibs team after the victory on Wednesday should be twirling a maroon scarf round their head.

Dashing Bob S
26-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Booing is a strange human impulse.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=boo

SON OF PADDY
26-02-2017, 06:21 PM
So that he knows it's him that is being booed and not the players and I agree, he deserved it.

I don't think for a moment, that Beaton didn't realise " I WAS BOOING HIM " the look on his face gave it away.😵😵😱😰

High-On-Hibs
26-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Anyone booing that Hibs team after the victory on Wednesday should be twirling a maroon scarf round their head.

But they weren't. People just like having something to whinge about on here.

jimbob07
26-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Some papers are reporting that the team was booed at the end of the game. I thought the boos were for the referee who had a dreadful game.
What a greetin shower of ********s the Hibs fans are! Well some of them eh alot of them!

heretoday
26-02-2017, 06:36 PM
I was booing but I wasn't at the match so it's ok.

brianmc
26-02-2017, 06:50 PM
It was for the ref and lack of time added

I was 100% booing the ref.
As for time added on, he played well over what went up on the board so I doubt (anybody capable of using their phone's stopwatch) was booing for that.

High-On-Hibs
26-02-2017, 06:51 PM
I was 100% booing the ref.
As for time added on, he played well over what went up on the board so I doubt (anybody capable of using their phone's stopwatch) it was for that.

Still didn't make up for the amount of time wasting he allowed Dunfermline to get away with.

brianmc
26-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Still didn't make up for the amount of time wasting he allowed Dunfermline to get away with.

So you agree it was the ref, not the players, being booed?

The Leith Dutch
26-02-2017, 06:57 PM
It was at the team for blowing a 2 goal lead but didnt last long. perfectly natural imo.

Not my reading at all.
Boos were aimed squarely at the officials.

High-On-Hibs
26-02-2017, 07:06 PM
So you agree it was the ref, not the players, being booed?

Because I haven't made that point clear already?

Bostonhibby
26-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Boo, down with that sort of thing.

houstonhibbee
26-02-2017, 08:40 PM
I assumed the brief booing at the end was for the performance. I don't like it personally, I'll boo for a really shocking performance especially if there's a lack of effort, but some seem to enjoy booing anytime we don't get the three points.
I don't think it was down to lack of effort. We just came a bit unstuck for 20 minutes after half time against a team that attacked us in a skillful manner. We lost our shape and composure due to the changes and not helped any by the referee giving us nothing.
I thought we did well to stick at it and also not lose the plot with the ref and end up with 10 men which I really feared at one point

RamYer1902
26-02-2017, 08:58 PM
Let's not hide it.

Minimal booing at end but some aimed at players.

Unacceptable performance but these were same fans who cheered their heroes on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
26-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Let's not hide it.

Minimal booing at end but some aimed at players.

Unacceptable performance but these were same fans who cheered their heroes on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even if they were booing minimally at players at the end at least it's better than the yam throwing scarves on the pitch and trying to open the gates at Easter Road when the second went in.

We are Hibees, we stay till the end.

cardrosshibbe
26-02-2017, 09:16 PM
The referee was booed off as he had a shocker

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
26-02-2017, 10:19 PM
Booing at the end of a game will be interpreted as booing the team. Singing the referee's a anchor leaves no-one in any doubt. Loads were booing the team yesterday. Many others the ref.

NAE NOOKIE
27-02-2017, 01:27 AM
What a greetin shower of ********s the Hibs fans are! Well some of them eh alot of them!

You need one of these at the end of that post mate :greengrin ........ either that or about 3,000 posts next to your avatar. Coz if that's what you choose for your 3rd ever post folk are gonna be asking you for your address so the club can post your scarf back to you :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
27-02-2017, 01:30 AM
There was a very small brief bit of booing when the FT whistle went from about 10 folk within earshot of me .... they were quickly drowned out by people applauding the players and then the storm of booing for the ref. In short it was a tiny minority and they soon learned the error of their ways ....... no biggie IMO .... onwards and upwards to the next game.