PDA

View Full Version : Liam Fontaine

High-On-Hibs
26-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Was limping a fair bit until he came off yesterday. Any update on his injury? Would be a huge miss for us.

Ronniekirk
26-02-2017, 04:44 PM
He didnt train before the Raith game so assume it could be something that hibs have been trying to manage with him doing less training, but its now its got worse and he may need it looked at before we know what damage is
Hanlon has been out longer than expected and club had put off Paul going for Surgery in hope it wasnt needed till later
Hope we now dont have two Centre Backs out because we kept playing them when maybe we shouldn't .
But who knows might be a knock and he ddnt want to take any chances with it
But if he is out even if just for a few weeks ,we cant rush Foster back if he isnt ready ,so big test for defence against St Mirren and Ayr

blackpoolhibs
26-02-2017, 04:56 PM
I thought it looked like an impact injury, perhaps on his shin? Hopefully be ok with some rest and treatment.

greenlex
26-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Do you know whatreally pissed me off about Fontaines injury? Not the injury itself but the fact his replacement wasn't ready to come on. Now it was clear to everyone he was struggling and when it was eventually decided that he was coming off instead of sitting down and getting treatment until Bartley was ready he started to walk off. Poor decisions from the staff all round. Physio should have taken his time with the treatment. We were in danger of having to play with ten men for a period. As it happened Bartley was ready in the nick if time. Petty I know but amateur non the less.

J-C
26-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Perhaps they were hoping he could run it off if it was an impact injury and gave him time to do so.

BT58
26-02-2017, 08:03 PM
What really pissed me off was, why didnt the dunf player get a red or yellow card. Looked a bad tackle and can be confirmed on tv footage

JimBHibees
26-02-2017, 08:05 PM
I thought it looked like an impact injury, perhaps on his shin? Hopefully be ok with some rest and treatment.

Personally thought it was an ankle ligament injury.

greenlex
26-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Perhaps they were hoping he could run it off if it was an impact injury and gave him time to do so.

They did but the second time he eventually went down the physio came on. They both should have stayed there till Bartley was ready however long it took. Bartley didn't even have his shirt on when both Fonts and the physio were nearly off the park.

JimBHibees
26-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Do you know whatreally pissed me off about Fontaines injury? Not the injury itself but the fact his replacement wasn't ready to come on. Now it was clear to everyone he was struggling and when it was eventually decided that he was coming off instead of sitting down and getting treatment until Bartley was ready he started to walk off. Poor decisions from the staff all round. Physio should have taken his time with the treatment. We were in danger of having to play with ten men for a period. As it happened Bartley was ready in the nick if time. Petty I know but amateur non the less.

Tend to agree took too long. He should have come off when he couldn't run back from the corner.

J-C
26-02-2017, 08:09 PM
Possibly deciding what to do tactics wise, probably threw them a tad.

2belhaven
26-02-2017, 08:11 PM
What confuses me is why we have arranged a fixture midweek. Only ourselves and ayr v raith are playing ??

1875STEVE
26-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Seen someone talking to him on twitter, thanking him for speaking to them, and saying "hope the leg isn't broken" :rolleyes:

hibee_girl
26-02-2017, 08:15 PM
What confuses me is why we have arranged a fixture midweek. Only ourselves and ayr v raith are playing ??

We didn't arrange it, it's been in the fixture list since it first came out in the summer.

Other clubs may have moved their fixtures to free weekends, something we very rarely have!

edwards
26-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Get better very soon Liam we really need you an important part of the squad

2belhaven
26-02-2017, 08:54 PM
We didn't arrange it, it's been in the fixture list since it first came out in the summer.

Other clubs may have moved their fixtures to free weekends, something we very rarely have!

Thanks that makes sense now. Victims of our own success then

Ozyhibby
26-02-2017, 09:08 PM

Exact same happened against Hearts with Humphrey. Shinnie only just made it on in time. He should have stayed on the turf until Shinnie was standing at the touch line ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StevieT
26-02-2017, 10:33 PM
They did but the second time he eventually went down the physio came on. They both should have stayed there till Bartley was ready however long it took. Bartley didn't even have his shirt on when both Fonts and the physio were nearly off the park.

The physio started to come on and Meaton told him to go back off as he hadn't given him permission to enter the field of play. It was at this point that Liam got up and started to walk to the side. The physio then ignored the referee and came back on to walk with Liam.

It was obvious that Liam had tried to run it off but was struggling so it was pretty pathetic of the referee to not allow the physio on when it was obvious that Liam's game was over