PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's Ref

dastardly8
26-02-2017, 10:51 AM
The ref yesterday was the worst Ive seen in a long time , desicion making was awful.

frazeHFC
26-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Not the first time he's had a shocker refereeing us. Some of his decisions yesterday were baffling.

DavidDavidGray
26-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Not the first time he's had a shocker refereeing us. Some of his decisions yesterday were baffling.

Never seems to get calls right with us, or anyone for that matter. Beaton is a shocking referee

kaimendhibs
26-02-2017, 11:19 AM
He was disgraceful

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pedantic_Hibee
26-02-2017, 11:23 AM
It's lucky I value my season ticket otherwise I would have ran on the pitch and lamped him. Infuriating.

snooky
26-02-2017, 11:48 AM
It would be great if there was a totally independent body that could review a video of the whole game and publish a report on their analysis of the ref's performance.
Unfortunately there isn't and there won't ever be.

Tyler Durden
26-02-2017, 11:56 AM
The ref yesterday was the worst Ive seen in a long time , desicion making was awful.

He was mainly terrible against us but in the first half he tried to diffuse a situation by putting Fyvie in a headlock and then booking Higginbotham a if he had lifted his hands to Fyvie

Stopped th play far too much, most frustratingly when their players went down clearly not with head knocks

Earlydelivery
26-02-2017, 11:56 AM
Higginbottom should have defo had 2nd yellow .
and the number 9 had fyvvie in a necklock !

Eyrie
26-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Higginbottom should have defo had 2nd yellow .
and the number 9 had fyvvie in a necklock !

Higginbottom shouldn't have been booked for that incident because it was one of their other players who grabbed Fyvie's neck.

Just another example of Beaton's incompetence.

hibbysam
26-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Higginbottom shouldn't have been booked for that incident because it was one of their other players who grabbed Fyvie's neck.

Just another example of Beaton's incompetence.

Beaton told him 'I have to book someone' and chose him. The centre half was the one that grabbed Fyvie round the throat (Moffat) I think and then the ref tried to get him in a headlock

NAE NOOKIE
26-02-2017, 02:55 PM
Where do you start .... an absolutely abysmal performance. As another poster said his inability to play on affected us at least twice, the one where we had a really good breakaway going and he pulled us back for a non head injury to a Dunfermline player was a disgrace. He penalised Holt for a 50/50 clash between him and a Dunfermline player where neither had committed a foul and where the ball had broken for us in a dangerous area.

He fell for an outrageous con by McMullan ( No 18 ) at the start of the game where he went down like he had been shot by a sniper even though Gray had clearly made no contact with him ..... McMullan was excellent for them apart from that bit of cheating.

His performance reminded me of those odd times you see an ambitious ref given a big game where he clearly sets out to give nothing to the home team in order to try to show the assessor in the stands that he cant be intimidated by a big home crowd. He adds a cherry on top of that by making sure he gives the home manager a dressing down for having the temerity to suggest that he might be bloody useless.

Beaton's performance yesterday was right up there with some of the worst I have ever witnessed and its not often you say that after a game where the ref has awarded you a penalty and you haven't even been beaten !!!

frazeHFC
26-02-2017, 05:16 PM
The time we were on for a counter attack and their guy went down with a LEG injury. Beaton couldn't wait to blow his whistle.

Alex Trager
27-02-2017, 03:13 PM
am I correct in saying when the scuffle went on with FF the ref ran up and pushed Fyvie in the back?

I am petty certain this happened. It was shocking

A Hi-Bee
27-02-2017, 07:52 PM
I have said this many times before but in my book, it is almost impossible to be so consistently incompetent in any line of work, so it has to be something else.
He is by no means alone in being consistently incompetent while refereeing a Hibs game.

killie-hibby
27-02-2017, 08:25 PM
am I correct in saying when the scuffle went on with FF the ref ran up and pushed Fyvie in the back?

I am petty certain this happened. It was shocking

Basically, he booked the victims. Fyvie for being strangled and Stevenson for experiencing a vicious assault.

matty_f
27-02-2017, 08:56 PM
Basically, he booked the victims. Fyvie for being strangled and Stevenson for experiencing a vicious assault.

Fyvie's foul was a booking all day long. Some would argue it could have been a straight red.

Alex Trager
27-02-2017, 10:42 PM

My question was regarding whether or not the ref ran and pushed fyvie. From my recollection the ref ran and pushed fyvie, almost acting as if he was on the opposing team

killie-hibby
27-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Fyvie's foul was a booking all day long. Some would argue it could have been a straight red.

Did the strangler get booked? Should have been.

snooky
27-02-2017, 10:58 PM

Nope. Fyvie lived. :eyes:

killie-hibby
27-02-2017, 11:07 PM
Nope. Fyvie lived. :eyes:

I did worry about that.

Eyrie
27-02-2017, 11:15 PM

No.

Beaton booked Higginbottom instead, with the explanation that he had to book someone. However there was no way that he could have missed the hand on Fyvie's throat as it was what prompted Beaton to grab Fyvie and push him away. Pure incompetence by Beaton as usual.

matty_f
27-02-2017, 11:15 PM

Should have been sent off.

GreenLake
27-02-2017, 11:19 PM
Where do you start .... an absolutely abysmal performance. As another poster said his inability to play on affected us at least twice, the one where we had a really good breakaway going and he pulled us back for a non head injury to a Dunfermline player was a disgrace. He penalised Holt for a 50/50 clash between him and a Dunfermline player where neither had committed a foul and where the ball had broken for us in a dangerous area.

He fell for an outrageous con by McMullan ( No 18 ) at the start of the game where he went down like he had been shot by a sniper even though Gray had clearly made no contact with him ..... McMullan was excellent for them apart from that bit of cheating.

His performance reminded me of those odd times you see an ambitious ref given a big game where he clearly sets out to give nothing to the home team in order to try to show the assessor in the stands that he cant be intimidated by a big home crowd. He adds a cherry on top of that by making sure he gives the home manager a dressing down for having the temerity to suggest that he might be bloody useless.

Beaton's performance yesterday was right up there with some of the worst I have ever witnessed and its not often you say that after a game where the ref has awarded you a penalty and you haven't even been beaten !!!

I think it was also McMullan that grim reaper'd Fontaine and escaped a yellow card.

Big L
27-02-2017, 11:41 PM
I thought that gargoyles tackle on Fontaine was brutal it was about two inches below his knee and nowhere near the ball. Maybe deserved a red! It was that bad it put Fontaine out the game.

snooky
28-02-2017, 12:51 AM
I did worry about that.

He got a right Beaton as well. :agree: