PDA

View Full Version : Similarities to last year in the Scottish Cup

aussie_hibee
26-02-2017, 01:23 AM
The obvious one is getting Hearts at tynecastle in the same round, drawing and winning the replay. Albeit with different score lines.

It struck me this morning that we may have another similarity on our hands.

Last year we lost oxley through suspension and an injured back up so we brought in Logan.

This year it's McGregor out through suspension and the other CHs out injured. Maybe the CH version of Logan is just waiting on a call...!

Any other similarities between this years and last years cup run?

SaulGoodman
26-02-2017, 02:09 AM
Yeah, we won it last year and we're going to win it again this year.

scm70nyd1973
26-02-2017, 03:24 AM
Whilst the northern hemisphere dudes are in bed I will chip in my bit !

In brief terms there isn't the same direct comparison as we hadn't won it for a 'couple of years' at this time last year so the perennial strain of that isn't with us this time round.

Having said all that - if I am honest - I am just a tiny wee bit concerned that where we are right now is like the last time - at this stage at least - next few league games will tell us more about its effect. This year, in terms of the cup, and right now, we should be able to relax a bit more now knowing that the JAMBOs are out courtesy of the real big team, more importantly we are through, we already have the monkey off our back and let's face it (tin hat on) we are very unlikely to get past Celtic.

This year we we don't have the league cup as a distraction either and that is significant.

Of course I would love to win it again but the reality for me is that clearly it is not as important as it has been and as far as the answer to the old "win the league v win the Scottish cup" question is concerned it is for my money an absolute no brainier this year. We have to get up.

If Err Unitit do the dirty on us again then so be it - if we get through to the semis then at least some cash will be on its way. Cash might be a help especially if we screw it all up again - Sauzee forbid !

For me it is just good that we know that if we don't get past Ayr then I will loose he haw sleep over it and hope that we can then be left to do the needful in this erse of a league - albeit a helluva tricky one to get out of the longer you are in it.

GGTTH and c'moan the Cabbage

Quote "HMFC founded in 1874 and dumbfounded in 1973 by Hibernian FC" Unquote

aussie_hibee
26-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Yeah, we won it last year and we're going to win it again this year.

Short and straight to the point. I'll take that!!!!!

Sir David Gray
26-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Is McGregor suspended for the quarter final?

hibee_girl
26-02-2017, 10:17 AM
Is McGregor suspended for the quarter final?

Yes

Sir David Gray
26-02-2017, 10:26 AM
Yes

FFS I didn't know that. God knows who we're going to have in defence next week then if Fontaine's injury keeps him out and we still have no Hanlon or Forster!

tamig
26-02-2017, 05:14 PM
The obvious one is getting Hearts at tynecastle in the same round, drawing and winning the replay. Albeit with different score lines.

It struck me this morning that we may have another similarity on our hands.

Last year we lost oxley through suspension and an injured back up so we brought in Logan.

This year it's McGregor out through suspension and the other CHs out injured. Maybe the CH version of Logan is just waiting on a call...!

Any other similarities between this years and last years cup run?
Wonder if that pie munching Sutton goalie can play centre half?

Deansy
26-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Whilst the northern hemisphere dudes are in bed I will chip in my bit !

In brief terms there isn't the same direct comparison as we hadn't won it for a 'couple of years' at this time last year so the perennial strain of that isn't with us this time round.

Having said all that - if I am honest - I am just a tiny wee bit concerned that where we are right now is like the last time - at this stage at least - next few league games will tell us more about its effect. This year, in terms of the cup, and right now, we should be able to relax a bit more now knowing that the JAMBOs are out courtesy of the real big team, more importantly we are through, we already have the monkey off our back and let's face it (tin hat on) we are very unlikely to get past Celtic.

This year we we don't have the league cup as a distraction either and that is significant.

Of course I would love to win it again but the reality for me is that clearly it is not as important as it has been and as far as the answer to the old "win the league v win the Scottish cup" question is concerned it is for my money an absolute no brainier this year. We have to get up.

If Err Unitit do the dirty on us again then so be it - if we get through to the semis then at least some cash will be on its way. Cash might be a help especially if we screw it all up again - Sauzee forbid !

For me it is just good that we know that if we don't get past Ayr then I will loose he haw sleep over it and hope that we can then be left to do the needful in this erse of a league - albeit a helluva tricky one to get out of the longer you are in it.

GGTTH and c'moan the Cabbage

Quote "HMFC founded in 1874 and dumbfounded in 1973 by Hibernian FC" Unquote

With you 100% - whilst it would be great to retain our cup, PROMOTION is No.1 for me !