PDA

View Full Version : Barry Ferguson

Babyshamble
25-02-2017, 11:49 PM
Heard a rumour from a sevco supporting mate that he's quit as Clyde boss & will be taking over at ibrox till the end of the season 😂😂😂

cabbageandribs1875
26-02-2017, 12:07 AM
doing well with clyde 3rd bottom of league two....a step backwards for him

:)

silverhibee
26-02-2017, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE=cabbageandribs1875;4958868]doing well with clyde 3rd bottom of league two....a step backwards for him

Beat by the mighty Annan today.

More likely he has been sacked by Clyde.

Jim44
26-02-2017, 12:17 AM
Reminds me of the story of the little Dutch boy sticking his finger in a hole in the dyke. Fortunately he was successful and saved Holland from disaster but is the crab capable of stemming the tide with Sevco? :greengrin

silverhibee
26-02-2017, 12:44 AM
The huns aren't a happy bunch regards the suggestion he is getting the Rangers job, how long will it be before the protests start at the big hoose.

:lolrangers:

silverhibee
26-02-2017, 01:05 AM
And in other news, Motherwell fans protest after yesterday's game that they want Mark McGhee sacked from the club after shipping 5 goals to Dundee in 45 minutes.

Babyshamble
26-02-2017, 01:40 AM
And in other news, Motherwell fans protest after yesterday's game that they want Mark McGhee sacked from the club after shipping 5 goals to Dundee in 45 minutes.

I despise Mark McGhee..will never forget when he got the Aberdeen job & he said he only took it cos he didn't get the Celtic job.hes been a failure every team he's managed.

MichaelTheCelt
26-02-2017, 02:10 AM
Wee Barry square baw Ferguson, taking over? ****ing hope so can;t wait to batter them at paradise :greengrin

Is It On....
26-02-2017, 07:15 AM
I despise Mark McGhee..will never forget when he got the Aberdeen job & he said he only took it cos he didn't get the Celtic job.hes been a failure every team he's managed.

One of the reasons he gets such a hard time at Aberdeen (and rightly so). Good player but, as you point out, his management career is poor.

Lago
26-02-2017, 01:53 PM
One of the reasons he gets such a hard time at Aberdeen (and rightly so). Good player but, as you point out, his management career is poor.
Baffled that he is a coach with Scotland, but then I am equally baffled that Stachan is a coach with Scotland.

High-On-Hibs
26-02-2017, 02:05 PM
His face and accent fit that lot to a t. The perfect captain to go down with the sinking ship. :agree:

26-02-2017, 02:08 PM
I reckon he'll get the assistant mangers job, perhaps with McLeish or someone as manager. I can't see them making him manager, that would be too big a risk IMO.

Is It On....
26-02-2017, 02:16 PM
Maybe he is hoping to follow in the footsteps of Craig Brown who got the Scotland gig after Clyde. Did your family member Derek on Sportsound describe an ankle level tackle as being "decapitated".

High-On-Hibs
26-02-2017, 02:16 PM
I reckon he'll get the assistant mangers job, perhaps with McLeish or someone as manager. I can't see them making him manager, that would be too big a risk IMO.

Reckon McLeish would be more of a risk. Hasn't aged well at all.

Joe6-2
26-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Reminds me of the story of the little Dutch boy sticking his finger in a hole in the dyke. Fortunately he was successful and saved Holland from disaster but is the crab capable of stemming the tide with Sevco? :greengrin

One orange lot saved, the other......?

where'stheslope
26-02-2017, 02:46 PM
There is a big possibility that it could take the dressing room about 2 seasons to understand what he's saying?

Unless they get in an interpreter???

WoreTheGreen
26-02-2017, 03:04 PM
There is a big possibility that it could take the dressing room about 2 seasons to understand what he's saying?

Unless they get in an interpreter???

Scrabble dream team. Ferguson/ Cathro

GreenLake
26-02-2017, 03:18 PM
Why would Ferguson leave a club with a history and Scottish Cup wins.

Deansy
26-02-2017, 03:38 PM
If Ferguson is the Hun-board's choice it confirms they're dependent on 'Sectarianism' to sell tickets - so no great surprise there, eh.

mim
26-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Ferguson is actually 5/2 favourite with Ladbrokes - beggars belief :greengrin

HoboHarry
26-02-2017, 07:42 PM
:greengrin:thumbsup:

ballengeich
26-02-2017, 07:50 PM
If he moves to Ibrox I hope he continues his recent success in a club where he's been well financed for the level they're playing. Clyde have taken two points from their last ten league games. He has a traditional Ibrox approach to players - whenever there's a bad result he goes and signs a new batch rather than trying to bring improvement through coaching and tactics.

Is It On....
26-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Ferguson is actually 5/2 favourite with Ladbrokes - beggars belief :greengrin

I find that astonishing (great if true though 🙂). If their rumoured DoF Wilson from Southampton is a proper DoF in the Southampton mould then the old school supporters and media are in for a shock..and appointing Barry Ferguson should make him realise that Raingers are not taking the position seriously because it should be the DoF making that decision.

Deansy
26-02-2017, 08:23 PM
If Ferguson does get the job, can you imagine him in a suit, shirt and tie giving an interview :faf: He'll need a crash-course to learn words with more than 4-5 letters in them !!

Big L
26-02-2017, 08:32 PM

I wish you hadn't mentioned that, the last time they won was against us 58/59 season 1-0. I was there!

GreenLake
27-02-2017, 02:53 AM
I wish you hadn't mentioned that, the last time they won was against us 58/59 season 1-0. I was there!

Sorry about that.

I am so glad you could see us win in 2016! :flag:

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2017, 05:13 AM
Not even The Rangers could be so desperate, surely. Fergushun has made a hash of things at Clyde - ******g Clyde - so why would he even be considered for The Rangers for a second? Being a great player for a club doesn't automatically translate into being a future manager.

hibee_nation
27-02-2017, 11:36 AM
Not even The Rangers could be so desperate, surely. Fergushun has made a hash of things at Clyde - ******g Clyde - so why would he even be considered for The Rangers for a second? Being a great player for a club doesn't automatically translate into being a future manager.

Not so super swally was bloody marvelous for them. Here's hoping barry the crab is just as good.

27-02-2017, 12:40 PM

Cheaper option perhaps? and a badge kissing "proper rangers man".

JimBHibees
27-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Cheaper option perhaps? and a badge kissing "proper rangers man".

Yep with no doubt someone like Walter the only man in Scottish football whose surname is never used as a DOF or assistant.

Diclonius
27-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Wonder if Ferguson will retain his tradition of giving every player a nickname which consists of the first half of their surname and the suffix "-y" or "-s".