PDA

View Full Version : Skooshers v Wetters

wookie70
25-02-2017, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't like to think I am a Bedwetter or a Skoosher. Years of watching Hibs has taught me not to take any result for granted and that your emotions will ebb and flow. This week could be bottled as an example of a typical week for a Hibee. I am certainly a very cautious Hibs fan and must admin to rarely being confident as when I have been the team very quickly knocks it out of me.

I am critical of Lennon as a "not convinced fan" but will also praise him when we perform. However, like all the Lenny lovers, I want him to succeed even though we both have different views of his abilities.

I do think there is good reason to be in either camp. The way the team and our rivals have played this year is probably the main reason for the half full/half empty nature of the forum currently.

At this point last year we were P25 W17 D4 L4 F41 A21 55PTS - 2 of the losses were to The Rangers and 6 of the goals. This year we are P25 W14 D9 L2 F41 A15 51PTS. So 4 points worse off but 6 goals less conceded.

So if you are a bit of a pessimist(bedwetter) like me - It is Sh*t, if we capitulate this year like wee did last year at this point, Week 25-28 0PTS, we could be in big trouble. especially when we have injuries. If you are an optimist(skoosher) then you are delighted that we are romping away 7 points clear with our rival's form worse than ours.

One thing is for sure we are in for an exciting end to the season. The support was really good today in difficult circumstances and there are some great signs that the team are going to be backed even when struggling. Unlike the Govt, I think all Hibees can agree we are all in this together regardless of whether we have different views on some points. Most importantly we all want the same end to the year, back to the top league and two in a row. Let's see each others pain or joy and realise that even though we sometimes don't agree we all want the best for the club. The Forum gets very heated around this time and the comments seem to be more personal. Let's give our views strongly but keep it to that.

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2017, 10:10 PM
I think we've all moved from the 'skooshers' and 'wetters' camp into the 'sleepwalkers' one. We are unimpressively and comatosely stumbling our way to the title through the inadequacies of the opposition.

J-C
25-02-2017, 10:18 PM
I think we've all moved from the 'skooshers' and 'wetters' camp into the 'sleepwalkers' one. We are unimpressively and comatosely stumbling our way to the title through the inadequacies of the opposition.

This 100%, thankfully all the other teams are slightly worse than us, major surgery to this team is needed if we want to compete next season, presuming we go up of course.

Thecat23
25-02-2017, 10:20 PM
Hibs to win the league by 10+

Thought it at the start and nothing has changed my mind. Roll on next season when we are playing top flight football.

Joe6-2
25-02-2017, 10:21 PM
Well said, are all Hibees the same? Never, ever confident going into a game?

Nakedmanoncrack
25-02-2017, 10:22 PM
Utter pish today, only good thing to say is that there's nobody in the league to give us the punishment we deserve. Either of the last 2 seasons and we would be 20+ pints adift.

Thecat23
25-02-2017, 10:24 PM
Well said, are all Hibees the same? Never, ever confident going into a game?

Sadly there lies the problem. The nerves from the stands can effect players. I totally get why, as Hibs have folded god knows how many times but I wish we could try change that attitude and start to believe in ourselves more.

Lago
25-02-2017, 10:25 PM
Hibs to win the league by 10+

Thought it at the start and nothing has changed my mind. Roll on next season when we are playing top flight football.
Agree

Thecat23
25-02-2017, 10:25 PM
Utter pish today, only good thing to say is that there's nobody in the league to give us the punishment we deserve. Either of the last 2 seasons and we would be 20+ pints adift.

Punishment we deserve? What are you talking about?

greenlex
25-02-2017, 10:29 PM

He's not called nakedmanoncrack for nothing.

Thecat23
25-02-2017, 10:37 PM

That's a good point Lex 😁

Is It On....
25-02-2017, 10:38 PM

The stats make for uncomfortable reading. Last year the criticism was that we didn't score enough goals and this has still to rectified despite having one of Scotland's hottest strikers. As for the defence, a big positive this season is we rarely discuss the goalkeeping position and a key part of the success is our on loan goalkeeper. When (not if) promotion comes getting him on more than a loan deal should be sorted out asap. My wish list (easier said than done) is then for a goalscoring midfielder and someone to partner JC up front.

greenlex
25-02-2017, 10:40 PM
The stats make for uncomfortable reading. Last year the criticism was that we didn't score enough goals and this has still to rectified despite having one of Scotland's hottest strikers. As for the defence, a big positive this season is we rarely discuss the goalkeeping position and a key part of the success is our on loan goalkeeper. When (not if) promotion comes getting him on more than a loan deal should be sorted out asap. My wish list (easier said than done) is then for a goalscoring midfielder and someone to partner JC up front. I don't think he's on loan. Well you learn something new every day.

Keyser Sauzee
25-02-2017, 10:40 PM
This 100%, thankfully all the other teams are slightly worse than us, major surgery to this team is needed if we want to compete next season, presuming we go up of course.

Im not so sure major changes are required, as much as we have been poor at times this season, this team has shown this season and last that against higher opposition it is good enough. Of course there is definitely room to improve and we should look to do that I just don't think a major overhaul is required.

Jim44
25-02-2017, 10:51 PM
As I said in the match thread today, I nearly made it to my road to Damascus today, watching us playing good football, two goals up and cruising. I honestly felt my genetic pessimism drifting from my mind, not quite ready to take out a skooshers subscription but ready to relax and see out the rest of the league campaign in a state of unaccustomed confidence. Alas, the realisation, that Hibs don't do things the easy way, made a comeback in the second half and I've resolved to avoid moments of weakness for the rest of the season till we are mathematically out of the woods.

Is It On....
25-02-2017, 11:12 PM
I don't think he's on loan. Well you learn something new every day.

You made me think I had screwed that up.

greenlex
25-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Do you know if we have an option to sign him when the loan deal finishes?

I think it depends on what division we are in.

Is It On....
25-02-2017, 11:16 PM
I think it depends on what division we are in.

Ah...even more reason to get promoted.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-02-2017, 12:59 AM

What do you think I'm talking about?
Do you dispute that in either of the last 2 seasons of indeed most seasons, no team would be so fortunate to be 7 clear at the top based on the results we have had?

Nakedmanoncrack
26-02-2017, 01:00 AM

Carry on abusing.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-02-2017, 01:07 AM
Sadly there lies the problem. The nerves from the stands can effect players. I totally get why, as Hibs have folded god knows how many times but I wish we could try change that attitude and start to believe in ourselves more.

Yes, fans fault again.

GreenLake
26-02-2017, 01:12 AM
John Beaton failed to deliver us a defeat today after a gargantuan effort - I remain in the skoosher camp.

California-Hibs
26-02-2017, 02:53 AM
Skoosher camp for me. Always said it'll be by 10+ in the end. Which I think most will agree, means we've skooshed it.

neil7908
26-02-2017, 05:59 AM
Im not sure what the legal definition of skooshing is but I think we'll win the league. I've a funny feeling it'll be tighter than a lot of folk think.

It does worry me that the current gap is really down to the inadequacies of Dundee United, Morton and Falkirk rather than our own brilliance.

We absolutely need to look at changes in the summer. That doesn't mean getting in a whole new team but we currently have only 1 real wide player, a raft of central midfielders who are very similar in their style of play and lack of goals and only 1 striker with any consistency in front of goal. I'd be looking to bring in around 4-5 players in the summer and we will need to make some tough decisions about who goes.

Can we afford to only have Mcgeough fit for a third of the season? Is Keatings good enough to play in the SPL? Do we need some real competition at full back for Gray and Stevenson?

So I think we'll go up, albeit not in as convincing a manner as I'd hoped but the sooner it's decided we can start planning for next season.

neil7908
26-02-2017, 06:05 AM
Lennon also needs to get to the bottom of our inconsistency. I'm not suggesting that's an easier task by any means and everyone losses games where you they deserve to win and vice versa but a few times I've watched us this season we've been so up and down its like watching different teams.

Forza Fred
26-02-2017, 06:10 AM
John Beaton failed to deliver us a defeat today after a gargantuan effort - I remain in the skoosher camp.

To be fair, Beaton wasn't biased against us.

Just completely incompetent, and How a couple of players didn't walk...Higinbottom after he had wrongly been yellow carded, but after that committed a bad foul...makes me wonder if refs have been issued with a memo instructing them not to send players off wherever possible...

GreenLake
26-02-2017, 06:42 AM
To be fair, Beaton wasn't biased against us.

Just completely incompetent, and How a couple of players didn't walk...Higinbottom after he had wrongly been yellow carded, but after that committed a bad foul...makes me wonder if refs have been issued with a memo instructing them not to send players off wherever possible...

I have my doubts about that and not just from the last game.

hibsbollah
26-02-2017, 06:53 AM
Who invented this 'skoosher'? Brings to mind Gary Locke. It's' happy clapper', gerritright.

Jones28
26-02-2017, 07:13 AM
Our problem is we don't score enough goals. The draws we have had have been down to not putting the ball in the back of the net. We could and should be able to score 3/4/5 goals most games, yesterday aside where we were lucky to get a point.

Waxy
26-02-2017, 07:18 AM
We're still a championship side with wage limits. Some folks expecting us to play like Barcalona every week? No going to happen like that is it and i'll be eternally grateful what everyone at Hibs have given me this last year. 7 pts clear with 11 games lett and still in the cup.....like it.

DH1875
26-02-2017, 09:07 AM
I'm waiting until after the Utd game. Once its out the way I'll firmly know which camp I'm in.

Pretty Boy
26-02-2017, 09:12 AM
Who invented this 'skoosher'? Brings to mind Gary Locke. It's' happy clapper', gerritright.

You're sooooo stuck in the 00s.

'Skooshers' and 'Bedwetters' are the hillarious terms of choice these days. 'Doom and Gloomers' and 'Happy Clappers' is old hat.

Fifehibby74
26-02-2017, 09:18 AM
I'm waiting until after the Utd game. Once its out the way I'll firmly know which camp I'm in.

Same here. If we leave tannadice with at least a point I'm with the skooshers. Going to be some game. Just hope we are nearing full strength then. need to take care of st mirren first though.(not as easy as folk think)

sleeping giant
26-02-2017, 09:20 AM
I think we will win the league handsomely.
I'm still firmly in the "skoosher" camp.

Skoosher is different from happy clapper BTW .

snooky
26-02-2017, 10:05 AM
I think of myself as a Rollercoaster as that's what Hibs do to my emotions week in week out, year in year out.

where'stheslope
26-02-2017, 02:43 PM
What bothers me most about yesterday, was the fact we knew all our competitors for the title lost points before we kicked a ball.

We go out and get a 2 goal lead, only to throw it away, and we then have to thank Rocky for not maybe losing the game?

Winning the game would have gave us a 3 game advantage with only 11 to go, as it is we are giving the opposition hope that we could crack rather than putting this League to bed!!!!

Fifehibby74
26-02-2017, 03:02 PM
What bothers me most about yesterday, was the fact we knew all our competitors for the title lost points before we kicked a ball.

We go out and get a 2 goal lead, only to throw it away, and we then have to thank Rocky for not maybe losing the game?

Winning the game would have gave us a 3 game advantage with only 11 to go, as it is we are giving the opposition hope that we could crack rather than putting this League to bed!!!!

Spot on!

NAE NOOKIE
26-02-2017, 03:10 PM
If we had won yesterday I would have moved cautiously into the skooshers camp. We didn't so I remain firmly in the 'this is Hibs anything is possible' camp .... not sure if that makes me a wetter or not :greengrin

If we can beat St Mirren on Wednesday night then IMO how the rest of the season goes will hinge on the Dundee Utd game. Make no mistake Utd will be up for it because they will know that anything other than a win will effectively cook their Goose ..... that's if we have won at St Mirren of course.
In these circumstances if we can be solid, brave and put in a performance like we did at the PBS and get a draw then IMO its all over and would take a meltdown of gargantuan proportions for us to lose the league.

So basically I'm a skoosher, but more often than not that skooshing sound is me wetting the bed :greengrin

26-02-2017, 03:11 PM
Been a hibs fan for too long so I have learned not to take anything for granted but I cannot see us not winning this league. yesterday wasn't a great result, especially considering we were 2-0 up but with Dundee Utd and Morton also drawing its "as you were" and another game closer.

We must keep focused though, I think we will win it but we can't afford to take our eye off the ball and become complacent.

Deansy
26-02-2017, 03:24 PM

I think our attitude will gradully change when we start winning more derbies now that the 'level playing-field's in operation. I know the derby-game isn't the 'Be-all and end-all' to us as it is to Hearts but it's still an important game and for many, many years, Hibs-supporters have grown accustomed to being 2nd best in the derby no matter what out team did. We all knew they were cheating but nothing was ever done about it. Now we're gradually getting that monkey off our backs, I think we'll start to see a huge change in our attitudes.

jgl07
26-02-2017, 03:28 PM
I go for the 'staggering across the line' option that is not included in the poll.

snooky
02-03-2017, 12:55 AM
I think of myself as a Rollercoaster as that's what Hibs do to my emotions week in week out, year in year out.

Last week we were at a top bit - this week it's a bottom bit. Stick around the up bit is coming soon.

:partyhibb :boo hoo: :partyhibb :boo hoo: :partyhibb :boo hoo:

Welcome to the Hibernian Big Dipper Ride. :yawn:

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2017, 01:05 AM
I have now moved firmly into the wetters camp ................ its not a nice feeling :worried:

Waxy
02-03-2017, 05:53 AM
Is there not a middle ground somewhere between the two?

Pretty Boy
02-03-2017, 06:33 AM

The 'judge things on the evidence before your eyes rather than made up scenarios in your headers?'

Jim44
02-03-2017, 06:39 AM

Skootters? :greengrin

J-C
02-03-2017, 06:43 AM
Is there a Skitters option

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-03-2017, 06:46 AM
Is there a Skitters optionI'd run with that option as well.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-03-2017, 06:50 AM

Not when the purpose is to polarise and divide?

Ronniekirk
02-03-2017, 06:53 AM
We now have a rearranged mid week game away to Morton in March and if and i stress if we beat Ayr ( at the third attempt , ) will we have another mid week game to accommafate
if Players are tired just mow then the mental pressure of trying to hang on to pur lead will only grow ,if our form doesnt improve ,and one of the chasing pack goes on a winning run
Its now a big test of some plauers character to see if we bounce back and win our next two games which are big games for different reasons
We have shown up to now we have been able to respond to big games ,but with our depleted squad ,and on the back of the two cup games v Hearts ,it remains to be seen if we can teach that level again
If its any consolation ,my brother in law who was at the game and supports St Mirren ,said thats the best he has seen them play since they beat Hearts in the League Cup Final .
They brpugjt in nine new players in the Transfer window yet struggle to get crowds of 3,000 But they may now have saved thier season if they can keep that level of performance going

Slavers
02-03-2017, 07:46 AM
I was a skoosher but now I think edging towards a wetter! Probably close to Tena for men with a little bit of leakage!

Bostonhibby
02-03-2017, 08:58 AM
We now have a rearranged mid week game away to Morton in March and if and i stress if we beat Ayr ( at the third attempt , ) will we have another mid week game to accommafate
if Players are tired just mow then the mental pressure of trying to hang on to pur lead will only grow ,if our form doesnt improve ,and one of the chasing pack goes on a winning run
Its now a big test of some plauers character to see if we bounce back and win our next two games which are big games for different reasons
We have shown up to now we have been able to respond to big games ,but with our depleted squad ,and on the back of the two cup games v Hearts ,it remains to be seen if we can teach that level again
If its any consolation ,my brother in law who was at the game and supports St Mirren ,said thats the best he has seen them play since they beat Hearts in the League Cup Final .
They brpugjt in nine new players in the Transfer window yet struggle to get crowds of 3,000 But they may now have saved thier season if they can keep that level of performance going
My good friend is a saints fan. Spoke to him after the game. He says much the same.

He's always fair minded about Hibs and was one of the first to congratulate our cup win, he said that Hibs last night were the worst team he's seen at their place this season.

heretoday
02-03-2017, 09:57 AM
I'm gonna lie in a darkened room until we start winning again.

stantonhibby
02-03-2017, 10:05 AM

Rearranged midweek game V Morton is at home.

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2017, 10:09 AM
There was a thread last week on how we'd do against Hearts, my answer was it all depended on what Hibs team turns up.

Its the same now, we need the team that turned up that night to turn up now and for the rest of the season.

This is a poor league, with many poor teams. We are as poor as them, but as good as anyone in the league above when we play well.

Teams in this league wont just let us play and roll over the top of them, we've managed to be slightly better than the rest so far, we need that to carry on.

I'm worried i wont lie, but we need to stand up again, we have done before and we really do need to again.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-03-2017, 10:14 AM
There was a thread last week on how we'd do against Hearts, my answer was it all depended on what Hibs team turns up.

Its the same now, we need the team that turned up that night to turn up now and for the rest of the season.

This is a poor league, with many poor teams. We are as poor as them, but as good as anyone in the league above when we play well.

Teams in this league wont just let us play and roll over the top of them, we've managed to be slightly better than the rest so far, we need that to carry on.

I'm worried i wont lie, but we need to stand up again, we have done before and we really do need to again.

Agree with this.

Fans do have a role to pkay2at this time in helping to keep nagativity away from the team, and try and drive them on

We habe defo played our best when there is a big game feel about easter road.

IWasThere2016
02-03-2017, 11:43 AM
It's Hibs ffs., I would worry about us 'skooshing' a one ticket raffle when we have the only ticket!

#bedwetter :greengrin

RedHibby
02-03-2017, 07:32 PM
I hate to say it but I am #bedwetter because over the last 48 years I have had so many ups and downs with Hibs I don't know if I have been punched or countersunk. I am sure a few wins will get me to the #skoosher side of the fence.

GreenLake
02-03-2017, 09:49 PM

Wooshers

Captain Trips
03-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Can you not be both? Can you not wet the bed thinking of the excitement of skooshing it?

Waxy
03-03-2017, 07:21 PM
Can you not be both? Can you not wet the bed thinking of the excitement of skooshing it?

Think i've done something close to that in a bygone day.