PDA

View Full Version : Centre Half needed ASAP recall Porteous immediately!!

Pcwhibs
25-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Desperately need a CH after Fontaine going off injured.
Young Porteous looks some talent every time i have seen him
for the development team.

Thoughts?

25-02-2017, 09:54 PM
Watched him against the Huns and Celtic recently and looks like he will make it.

HoboHarry
25-02-2017, 11:09 PM
I imagine it's crossed Lennon's mind to go after an emergency loan signing.

Borderhibbie76
26-02-2017, 03:36 PM
Surely he needs to try and get a defender in asap??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blaster
26-02-2017, 03:43 PM
Surely he needs to try and get a defender in asap??

I agree but the question is who? Unless it's a free agent it has to be from another Scottish team I believe. And ideally one who isn't cup tied.

Borderhibbie76
26-02-2017, 03:44 PM
I agree but the question is who? Unless it's a free agent it has to be from another Scottish team I believe. And ideally one who isn't cup tied.
I presume a free agent wouldn't be registered in time to play v Ayr in the cup match?? Tho right now I am more concerned with St Midden on weds night tbh

Blaster
26-02-2017, 03:47 PM
I presume a free agent wouldn't be registered in time to play v Ayr in the cup match?? Tho right now I am more concerned with St Midden on weds night tbh

I think free agent would be ok registration wise for Ayr game

Like you the next game is the bigger concern for me

Borderhibbie76
26-02-2017, 03:49 PM
I think free agent would be ok registration wise for Ayr game

Like you the next game is the bigger concern for me
Absolutely as I notice Utd don't have a game till 10 March v us...so a chance to go 10 clear before we head up there...crucial we get a much needed win

Pedantic_Hibee
26-02-2017, 04:00 PM

Can Kris Commons play centre back?

HoboHarry
26-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Can Kris Commons play centre back?
He's a bit on the wee side no?

WellingtonHibby
27-02-2017, 06:50 AM
Efi Ambrose?

macca70
27-02-2017, 07:21 AM
If we are allowed to recall Porteous, it would help for our league games but I'm sure he would be cup tied for Ayr game on Saturday.

With MacGregor suspended for Saturday, that leaves us with 0 centre halfs for Saturday. Just stick Holt and Graham in as our 2 centre halfs, that would be interesting.

bigwheel
27-02-2017, 07:33 AM
Could be wrong, but don't believe we are allowed to recall loan players outside of transfer windows....it's the same reason why they couldn't play in the play offs in previous years....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smartie
27-02-2017, 07:42 AM
Could be wrong, but don't believe we are allowed to recall loan players outside of transfer windows....it's the same reason why they couldn't play in the play offs in previous years....

Hearts managed it a few years ago.

I seem to remember a poster on here being in regular communication with someone at the footballing authorities about it all.

we are hibs
27-02-2017, 08:27 AM
Who have we got at u20 level at centre half who is ready and available to make the step up?

not good that we are getting into the business end of the season and having to rely on a makeshift back four.

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Call the Admiral.

GreenArmyyy!
27-02-2017, 08:41 AM

I could also be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can recall a player if he's on a development loan which Porteous is...

Hiber-nation
27-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Call the Admiral.

Haha....I see he is captain of Barnet now.

Speedway
27-02-2017, 09:14 AM
When does Gunnarsson's season end? I wonder if he'd fancy coming and giving us a dig oot.

bigwheel
27-02-2017, 09:16 AM
When does Gunnarsson's season end? I wonder if he'd fancy coming and giving us a dig oot.

we can't sign anyone post the transfer window, unless they were a free agent on 31/1 - you are right though - he would have been a blessing !

Just Jimmy
27-02-2017, 10:08 AM
Gunnarsson should have been a priority to sign long term. He gives you cover at right back, centre back and gives the option to play a back 3 with wing backs. I don't doubt he could play right mid or even in front of the back 4 in a push.

I get why he didn't sign but really we should have made it happen. A player like that is so valuable to a club like hibs who can't have a huge squad.

Plus he's a ****ing legend!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Smartie
27-02-2017, 10:35 AM
If Gunnarson had signed he'd have been banging the manager's door down demanding a move in January as he wouldn't have had the opportunity to play anything like enough football in the first half of this season.

It's easy to say with hindsight, but we should have added to the squad in January. I'd have been happy enough to bring Stanton back from his loan and potentially even get Porteous back from his.

There was always a possibility that we would progress in the cup, maybe even with the odd replay thrown in. Many people put our struggles last season down to our lack of squad depth - the same problem is staring us in the face right now.

The Leith Dutch
27-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Who have we got at u20 level at centre half who is ready and available to make the step up?

Would also be interested in the answer to this - don't really follow the under 20's.

Not sure if it's the same as the Development Squad?
If so the people playing Centre Back seem to be Kevin Waugh and Ryan Porteous.
Interesting that the latter is playing development squad games for us while out on loan.

Both are obviously young (Waugh turns 19 in April, Porteous 18 on Wednesday).

May be a case of throw them in with the older heads in the defence guiding them in the game and the rest of the team committing to giving the opposition such a ****ing good seeing to that the two young lads think the other team plays exclusively in their own half against the Hibs :)

Either way - interested in what folk who follow the U20s closely know about these guys?

TRC
27-02-2017, 12:55 PM
We tried to get Gunnarsson did we not? Sure he said exactly that, that he needed to play more at this stage of his career. See Chris Samba of FM fame is a free agent get him signed only 32!!

Speedy
27-02-2017, 06:27 PM
We tried to get Gunnarsson did we not? Sure he said exactly that, that he needed to play more at this stage of his career. See Chris Samba of FM fame is a free agent get him signed only 32!!

That was Cherno Samba. Chris Samba was at Blackburn then back and forward to Russia for megabucks.

beensaidbefore
27-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Gunnarsson should have been a priority to sign long term. He gives you cover at right back, centre back and gives the option to play a back 3 with wing backs. I don't doubt he could play right mid or even in front of the back 4 in a push.

I get why he didn't sign but really we should have made it happen. A player like that is so valuable to a club like hibs who can't have a huge squad.

Plus he's a ****ing legend!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agree. Thought he would have been greatngiven a decent run in the team. Ah well.

Haymaker
27-02-2017, 06:50 PM
That was Cherno Samba. Chris Samba was at Blackburn then back and forward to Russia for megabucks.

Thought Cherno has retired? Pretty sure that I read an article about it and his legendary FM fame.

TRC
27-02-2017, 07:51 PM

So​ it was