PDA

View Full Version : Cruising until Fontaine went off

madhatter
25-02-2017, 08:15 PM
We've had an OK week and let's be honest, the above is true. We are being very unfortunate with injuries at the moment.

Thecat23
25-02-2017, 08:15 PM
I can't understand the collapse though. We shouldn't have folded like we did because of one player going off!

B.H.F.C
25-02-2017, 08:19 PM
We've had an OK week and let's be honest, the above is true. We are being very unfortunate with injuries at the moment.

Unfortunate with injuries occurring in the one area of the pitch. But fortunate that the teams below us continue to drop points because our league form hasn't been good enough, particularly at home.

madhatter
25-02-2017, 08:20 PM
I can't understand the collapse though. We shouldn't have folded like we did because of one player going off!

A midfielder playing CB. Bartley was never in the correct position. In hindsight I think Lennon would have thrown Crane on if he could have a do over. I think he'd have changed Fyvie much sooner as well - for Bartley.

beensaidbefore
25-02-2017, 08:21 PM

We were shocking. I wonder if the defence tried to compensate by trying to do a bit more to help Bartley out when Fonts went off. They seemed to lose their position and shape. Midfield was honking though and put the defence under a lot of pressure. Bartley made a difference when moved to midfield but too little too late.

wookie70
25-02-2017, 08:22 PM
I can't believe Bartley never started after the way he played against Hearts. I am a big fan of FF but he hasn't been playing well for a few weeks.

Pete
25-02-2017, 08:24 PM

Having Bartley in there really seemed to unsettle things. It's understandable.

beensaidbefore
25-02-2017, 08:25 PM
Unfortunate with injuries occurring in the one area of the pitch. But fortunate that the teams below us continue to drop points because our league form hasn't been good enough, particularly at home.

We were lucky not to get beat. Some if their boys had a good game, but we had them on the ropes after the 2nd and let them into the game. As you say, thankfully the teams below are dropping points too. Difficult few weeks coming up.

beensaidbefore
25-02-2017, 08:26 PM
I can't believe Bartley never started after the way he played against Hearts. I am a big fan of FF but he hasn't been playing well for a few weeks.

I thought he must have been given a rest. He put some shift in on weds, by the sounds of things.

Real Emerald
25-02-2017, 08:28 PM
A midfielder playing CB. Bartley was never in the correct position. In hindsight I think Lennon would have thrown Crane on if he could have a do over. I think he'd have changed Fyvie much sooner as well - for Bartley.

I didn't think Crane himself helped but moving Bartley back into midfield did. It was an unbelievable collapse but you have to give the pars a bit of credit for the same sort of tenacity we were praised for on Wednesday. Beaton is a disgrace of a referee though and didn't help the game falling into farce at stages.

3pm
25-02-2017, 08:28 PM

Bartley had cramp at the end of the Hearts game.

BT58
25-02-2017, 08:29 PM
TBH we where cruising till Grays mistake. We could have been 3 or 4 up. But the injury to Fonts put a dampner on the game. The pars are on a really good run at the moment ( 1 loss in 15 games). They took the iniative and realky should have taken the 3 points but for Rockies great saves. Crane coming on helped, going to ve an interesting next few games

greenlex
25-02-2017, 08:31 PM
Having Bartley in there really seemed to unsettle things. It's understandable.

Agree but I think the call to put Bartley in there was right at the time. A wee bit slower and changing it to move him forward when it was clear it wasn't working but Lennon made the right decision to switch him back to midfield along with Stevenson and going three st the back with introducing Crane. I thought Crane did extremely well considering he's not a centre back. We looked a lot better and to be honest that's a good point at the end of the day. Only one team we're gonna win that after get equalised and it wasn't us. One thing I have to question Lennon on though was if he didn't fancy the laddie on the bench as cover for centre back why was he there?

miy00015
25-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Are conditions met for an emergency loan of a Centre back? We have a run of important games coming up.

Billy Whizz
25-02-2017, 08:35 PM
Crane has been regularly for the development team, left in a 352

bookert
25-02-2017, 08:35 PM
I didn't think Crane himself helped but moving Bartley back into midfield did. It was an unbelievable collapse but you have to give the pars a bit of credit for the same sort of tenacity we were praised for on Wednesday. Beaton is a disgrace of a referee though and didn't help the game falling into farce at stages.
Don't agree thought bringing a left footer who challenged for balls in the air helped. They clearly targeted the left side when Bartley went back to cb.

rcarter1
25-02-2017, 08:36 PM

The attitude and energy for first 20 mins suggest to me the players were up for it. The injury, the change in shape, the bad first goal to make it 2-1, some fatigue after wednesday and a really fired up confident Dunfermline side, seems to have all gone against us. I was a bit upset at the final whistle having watching the second half where we just could not get on top for any period - BUT, I think the players know what needs done (and how to do it). I trust that this squad have the character to get us over the line.

greenlex
25-02-2017, 08:39 PM
Crane has been regularly for the development team, left in a 352

That makes the Bartley to CB move bizarre. I've not seen the 20s for a wee while but when I did he was always LB

Real Emerald
25-02-2017, 08:39 PM
Don't agree thought bringing a left footer who challenged for balls in the air helped. They clearly targeted the left side when Bartley went back to cb.

Bartley was all over the place at CH, moving him into midfield and out of that area settled the defence and strengthened midfield. Crane did fine and helped to settle things down but the moving of Bartley was the key IMO.

tamig
25-02-2017, 08:46 PM

Absolutely. Dunfermline controlled the game and were unlucky not to be out of sight for the whole period big Marv was at centre half. It was only when he was pushed up to midfield that we rallied again in the latter stages.

Hibbyradge
25-02-2017, 08:53 PM
His injury changed the game.

ancient hibee
25-02-2017, 09:24 PM
His injury changed the game.

His injury was the result of a straightforward kick from McMullan.Not even a yellow.

jdships
25-02-2017, 09:35 PM
It has been reported that Nial Lennon has has lost his dog as he couldn't hold on to a lead :na na:

brog
25-02-2017, 09:40 PM
I thought our defence looked ropey today from the 1st minute. Fontaine panicked early on & we ended up putting it out for a throw. We had no composure on the ball at all & while Fonts was still on the park, but after his injury, he backed off & off & Rocky had to make a great save. We had so much space up front early on that we should have been out of sight but TBH, I had to go out at 2-2 & I was happy to see it remained that way. The good news is its another game gone & no one made any progress on us.