PDA

View Full Version : player ratings

makaveli1875
25-02-2017, 07:46 PM
The only players that can hold their heads high are Rocky , cummings and big Marv . The rest were shocking . Maybe alot of tired legs after wednesday .

marciano..10 - was badly let down by the defence , kept us in it with some outstanding saves . MOTM by a mile :not worth

gray.. 3 - absolute howler for the 1st goal , made a couple of good tackles but not at the races - iv forgiven him already
mcgregor.. 2 - worst iv seen from him , all over the shop
fonts.. 2 -
stevenson.. 4 -best of a bad bunch in defence , all over the shop but not as bad as the others

fyvie.. 2 - absolutely murder
mcginn.. 1 - looked like an amatuer , he missed about 5 passes in a row - straight to dunfermline player , dunno what was up with him . im shocked
shinnie.. 3 - did some decent stuff up until the final ball/shot where he then made a **** of everything
boyle.. 5 - took his goal well , good work for the penalty then he fell to pieces

holt.. 1 - was blowing out his arse after about 20 mins , shouldnt have been on the pitch
cummings.. 6 - brilliant cross for boyle , great penalty .

bartley.. 6 - our best midfielder by a mile today . broke up dunfermlines attacks and managed to drive forward and pick a pass . he should never be dropped again
crane.. 5 - came into an abbsolute shambles but certainly looked more composed than most of his more experienced team mates
keats.. 1 - what was the point :confused:

lennon.. 5 - players let him down with individual errors and poor decision making , lennon made a poor decision starting holt and an even worse decision to drop bartley . and the keats substitution was far too late

SChibs
25-02-2017, 07:54 PM
A 1 for holt is harsh. He never stopped trying and created a bit in the second half. Mcginns passing was bad but he too never stopped and drove us on somewhat. Od give him a 4, no player deserves a 1 imo

dmc1875
25-02-2017, 07:57 PM
A 1 for holt? He single handedly picked us up with his chasing and harrying near the end to win the throw, quick throw to Boyle to win the corner giving us fans something to get worked up about for the first time all half. Worked really hard I don't think you can say his performance was bad he gave everything.

Gray made a howler, losing Fontaine made the whole defence all over the place until crane came on, and fyvie and mcginn were just not at it.

Up The Bracket
25-02-2017, 07:59 PM
The only players that can hold their heads high are Rocky , cummings and big Marv . The rest were shocking . Maybe alot of tired legs after wednesday .

marciano..10 - was badly let down by the defence , kept us in it with some outstanding saves . MOTM by a mile :not worth

gray.. 3 - absolute howler for the 1st goal , made a couple of good tackles but not at the races - iv forgiven him already
fonts.. 2 -
stevenson.. 4 -best of a bad bunch in defence , all over the shop but not as bad as the others

mcginn.. 1 - looked like an amatuer , he missed about 5 passes in a row - straight to dunfermline player , dunno what was up with him . im shocked
shinnie.. 3 - did some decent stuff up until the final ball/shot where he then made a **** of everything
boyle.. 5 - took his goal well , good work for the penalty then he fell to pieces

holt.. 1 - was blowing out his arse after about 20 mins , shouldnt have been on the pitch

bartley.. 6 - our best midfielder by a mile today . broke up dunfermlines attacks and managed to drive forward and pick a pass . he should never be dropped again
crane.. 5 - came into an abbsolute shambles but certainly looked more composed than most of his more experienced team mates

lennon.. 5 - players let him down with individual errors and poor decision making , lennon made a poor decision starting holt and an even worse decision to drop bartley . and the keats substitution was far too late

1 for Holt? What game were you watching?

SaulGoodman
25-02-2017, 08:00 PM
A 1 for Holt and a 3 for Sinnie :hilarious

Were you looking towards the pitch?

Hibs Class
25-02-2017, 08:04 PM

fonts.. 2 -

Did you watch the game on the radio? With the sound turned down?

makaveli1875
25-02-2017, 08:05 PM
A 1 for holt is harsh. He never stopped trying and created a bit in the second half. Mcginns passing was bad but he too never stopped and drove us on somewhat. Od give him a 4, no player deserves a 1 imo

your probably right , its just hard to believe that our number 7 tonight was the same guy that bossed the derby like a man possessed

miy00015
25-02-2017, 08:13 PM
The game today was a strange one, the loss of Fontaine and the makeshift defence following the gifted goal really unsettled a Hibs team that looked in control.

Marciano-10 Simply put saved us a point, couldn't have done anything to stop the goal. His instinctive reaction stops are excellent and would love to see him join permanently.

Gray-3 Sadly had a bit of a nightmare. The first goal was a bad mistake, the second Boyle and himself got a bit mixed up in who to press or mark allowing the ball across the box. Still a legend though.

McGregor-6 Was left with a thankless task after Fontaine went off, gets a 6 simply because he had to martial a makeshift defence for an hour which was bound to leak a goal or two.

Fontaine-5 Only got 30 mins. Didn't do anything wrong really except look a bit squeaky when pressed with the ball

Stevenson-5 Picked up Bartley's man for the equaliser if not mistaken which left Higginbotham free to volley

Shinnie-7 Looks a better player wide left, should've scored though. Decent game otherwise.

McGinn-5 Some great passes, some poor ones.Him and Fyvie seemed to rush forward out of position chasing the ball too many times for me.

Fyvie-4 Didn't do much. See above.

Boyle-7 Great finish and run to win pen. Very poor defensively and faded later on.

Holt-6 Good shift, put himself about but nothing came off.

Cummings-7 Great assist and penalty. His crossing is a great asset from corners and open play. Maybe marked harshly.

Subs

Bartley-3 In an unfamiliar position and awareness at second goal was poor.

Crane-5 Didn't do too much wrong but gave ball away poorly once or twice. Not quite ready for first XI

Keatings- Not enough time

Lennon and the Set-Up-7

Set up with an attacking 4-4-2 and can't be held responsible for individual errors and injuries causein havoc to the defence.

Maybe needs to spend some time with McGinn and Fyvie on positioning in the 4-4-2, thought we looked very open through the middle.

Oh well we go again Wednesday, hopefully we have two fit centre backs.

Thecat23
25-02-2017, 08:17 PM

fonts.. 2 -

Stopped reading after that laughable 1 for Holt.

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2017, 08:24 PM
I think 1 for holt was about right, he done nothing today except try and make a nuisance of himself, and forgot that he was there to hold the bloody ball up and play others into the game.

Spent most of it falling over and arguing with the ref or their defenders.

And once again he's back to playing anywhere where he shouldnt be, he's been good the last couple of weeks but that was a shocker from him.

I'd have subbed him after 25 minutes, it was clear by then he was not going to do the right things for the team and had reverted to normal.

marleyhib
25-02-2017, 08:35 PM

fonts.. 2 -

I rate your post 0

Swedish hibee
25-02-2017, 08:56 PM
I think 1 was right for Holt too..

Thecat23
25-02-2017, 09:02 PM

In what way do you think he was only worth a 1?

keep the faith
25-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Holt was one of the few in the side to get pass marks tonight. A 1 is laughable.

beensaidbefore
25-02-2017, 09:15 PM

I think he was worth a six or seven. I lost count the amount of times he took the ball deep and played through to shinnie Boyle and Cummings. He held the ball up well IMO. Tired in the last half hour and should have been hooked for Keatings. I thought Holt put in a lot of hard work tonight. Worth more than a 1 without a doubt IMO.

The Harp Awakes
25-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Boyle played well for 25 mintes then disappeared. SJM had a poor game as did SDG. I thought Shinnie was one of our better players today and although Holt was nowhere near as good as he has been in the Cup ties against the Jamboids, he tried hard and was nowhere near a 1.

Cummings was never in the game and Marciano was superb apart from one dodgy kick out. Darren struggled when Fonts went off which isn't surprising.

Everyone else in the Hibs team was pretty average.

McMullan and Higginbottom were superb for Dunfy throughout and made life very difficult for us. The best away team performance at Easter Road this season by a mile.

The ref is clearly a Hun who hates us for winning the Cup.

hibsbollah
25-02-2017, 09:24 PM
One of the maddest games I can remember. First twenty minutes was one of the best ive ever seen from us. Then we're hanging on for the rest of the first half and most of the second as we are totally battered. Lennons 352 switch worked in as much as it got Bartley back to his normal position. Ref a total shambles. Bizarely I enjoyed the spectacle, we've maintained our lead at the top, and I'll remember that goalie performance for a while.

Marciano 10 Unbelievable, miraculous stuff. Like a chemically enhanced Goram/Leighton clone.

Gray 3 From the first minute to the last looked all at sea.
McGregor 3 Was it him?
Fontaine 4 Fine until the injury, but should have been hooked straight away instead of being a hobbling liability for 10 mins.
Stevenson 5 held it together

Fyvie 5 sacrificed for a change of shape
Shinnie 6 Prepared to run at players and take shots on, even if it didn't always work
McGinn 3 Poor
Boyle 6 Did well although a lot of his mazy runs are from deep positions where he's not hurting teams.

Holt 5
Cummings 8 Mostly for his work in the first 20 minutes, when he was unplayable. Thereafter didn't see enough of the ball but he's clearly bang in form.

Subs
Bartley 7 A strange day for him. Starts on the bench, comes into play an unfamiliar position, clearly didn't know his job, then moved back into his normal role and immediately plays like his normal self again. Im not sure we get a point without him.
Crane 6 Misplaced a few passes, one heart in mouth moment but did fine taking into account he wont be used to being a LCB in a 352 and his lack of experience. Im a bit biased because hes from my laddies boys club but I think a 6 is fair.
Keatings didn't do much.

Lennon-deserves credit for the change of shape.

hibsbollah
25-02-2017, 09:26 PM
Boyle played well for 25 mintes then disappeared. SJM had a poor game as did SDG. I thought Shinnie was one of our better players today and although Holt was nowhere near as good as he has been in the Cup ties against the Jamboids, he tried hard and was nowhere near a 1.

Cummings was never in the game and Marciano was superb apart from one dodgy kick out. Darren struggled when Fonts went off which isn't surprising.

Everyone else in the Hibs team was pretty average.

McMullan and Higginbottom were superb for Dunfy throughout and made life very difficult for us. The best away team performance at Easter Road this season by a mile.

The ref is clearly a Hun who hates us for winning the Cup.

Their defender Morris #22 was also very good throughout.

snooky
25-02-2017, 09:29 PM
Old man Holt was still running when some of the young whippets were sauntering. I'm not a big fan of Holt but to mark him a 1 is insulting. Other players (my favourite players they are too) were dreadful.
Marcy MOTM by a mile. Lewis did okay, Bartley different class when he was moved forward, Shinnie showed a bit of football and Boyle started well and faded.
The game was bad enough without the Tellytubby with the whistle turning it into a comedy of errors.

JohnM1875
25-02-2017, 09:29 PM
I honestly cannot believe anyone would have given Holt a 1! I'm honestly gobsmacked by that. He was one of only a few I thought played well and gave maximum effort today. Might lay off .net for a few days and let things calm down. ****ing hell.

Sir David Gray
25-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Marciano was the best player on the park by a mile today. I think that tells you all that you need to know about how the game went.

The Harp Awakes
25-02-2017, 09:34 PM
I honestly cannot believe anyone would have given Holt a 1! I'm honestly gobsmacked by that. He was one of only a few I thought played well and gave maximum effort today. Might lay off .net for a few days and let things calm down. ****ing hell.

Toally agree with you mate about Holt. I think sometimes folk don't like certain players and it blinkers their judgement.

Tamhere1875
25-02-2017, 09:38 PM
I sometimes wonder if people who post on here where at the game, 1 for Holt get a grip

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Holt hardly won a challenge all game, and spent most of it arguing with everyone. He done a power of work in all the places he shouldn't have been.

He was awful today, unless you like your centre forward playing on the halfway line grappling around like big daddy.

He worked hard in all the wrong places today, as he's done quite a lot this season, he'd done so well recently and at his age, in my opinion probably shouldn't have played today after the exertions of midweek.

beensaidbefore
25-02-2017, 10:24 PM
Holt hardly won a challenge all game, and spent most of it arguing with everyone. He done a power of work in all the places he shouldn't have been.

He was awful today, unless you like your centre forward playing on the halfway line grappling around like big daddy.

He worked hard in all the wrong places today, as he's done quite a lot this season, he'd done so well recently and at his age, in my opinion probably shouldn't have played today after the exertions of midweek.

I disagree. I felt by him dropping deep it provided space for the wingers and Cummings to run off his balls, and also hold the ball while the midfield caught up. If mcginn and fyvie had been playing better it would have worked, IMO.

Thecat23
25-02-2017, 10:36 PM
I disagree. I felt by him dropping deep it provided space for the wingers and Cummings to run off his balls, and also hold the ball while the midfield caught up. If mcginn and fyvie had been playing better it would have worked, IMO.

Agree.

northern-hibee
25-02-2017, 10:42 PM
Holt was hopeless today, contributed nothing. He is over weight and well past it. A 1 is generous

Thecat23
25-02-2017, 10:46 PM
Holt was hopeless today, contributed nothing. He is over weight and well past it. A 1 is generous

😂😂

Thank god your not the manager or scout!

beensaidbefore
25-02-2017, 10:46 PM

Behave!

25-02-2017, 10:59 PM
Big McGinn fan but how many times did he give the ball away today?!

cmcd
25-02-2017, 10:59 PM

fonts.. 2 -

Holt worked his socks off which was more than most of his team mates.To give him 1 is absolutely ridiculous

greenlex
25-02-2017, 11:56 PM
I hope Brendan Rodgers was watching SUM today.

wookie70
25-02-2017, 11:59 PM
A very hard game to mark as players who looked liked they would be getting 7-9 after 20 minutes ended up having nightmares. Here is my take on it.

Marciano 9 Pretty much single-handedly got us a point. Cautious mark of 9 as I wasn't sure about his positioning for their first

Gray 3 Worst I have seen him. Shocking mistake for the goal, Looked like he had lead in his boots and offered nothing as a Captain today. Very unusual for SDG
McGregor 4 Not much better than Gray. Some very shaky moments and got pushed of the ball a couple of times which is almost unheard off
Fontaine 2 Low mark due to time on the pitch. Did OK but looked a bit ponderous on the ball, hope his recovers quickly
Stevenson 5 Not up to his usual standards but not terrible

Fyvie 3 I'm a fan generally, but he is off form and was terrible today. It was a pretty nasty tackle for his booking too.
Shinnie 6 Between him and Marv for the best outfield player. On the left he was full of running, worked hard some great passes. Faded after an hour and when we went to the 3 at the back
McGinn 3 If dunfermline weren't wearing stripes I would be booking him in for a colour blind test. His worst game in a Hibs jersey I have witnessed
Boyle 6 Very good early on with a goal and winning a pen. 5 out of his 6 points would have been won in the first 25 minutes

Holt 3 Not at the races, dodgy moment late on when I think he kicked a player behind the refs back. Hardly won a ball and gave away a few needless freekicks. Looked tired from start and who can blame him after Wednesday
Cummings 6 Brilliant start to the game with a goal and an assist, full of running to start with but hardly saw the ball thereafter

Subs
Bartley 6 No idea why he didn't start. Looks a great partner for SJM and was fantastic on Wednesday. All over the place at CH but was very good when put into his defensive mid role.
Crane 5 A couple of shaky moments but given the circumstances did really well. Not sure I see him in a pair in the centre but worked well on the left of Daz
Keatings - Spent more time stripped on the bench waiting to come on than he did on the pitch. One horrific attempt at a pass.

Lennon - Team looked decent for the first 20 mins so can't really complain about his line up. I was surprised to see Marv dropped for the out of form Fyvie and Holt up top after such a tough midweek game. Thought he made an error in bringing Bartley on at CH. He did work it out but it was too late and the change to bring Crane on should have been made at half time in hindsight. I thought he left it far too late to bring Keats on as there was an obvious need for more running. Not seen his comments on the game but they will be interesting to hear. His criticism after Raith did nothing to lift the team but I suspect that has more to do with Wednesday. The home form is a big worry though and given the injuries he will earn his corn in the next few weeks.

davidgray210516
26-02-2017, 12:06 AM
Marciano was exceptional but was suspect for the first goal so would give him a 9. Was grays fault and he did earn us a point but a 10 would suggest a perfect performance

snooky
26-02-2017, 12:55 AM
A very hard game to mark as players who looked liked they would be getting 7-9 after 20 minutes ended up having nightmares. Here is my take on it.

Marciano 9 Pretty much single-handedly got us a point. Cautious mark of 9 as I wasn't sure about his positioning for their first

Gray 3 Worst I have seen him. Shocking mistake for the goal, Looked like he had lead in his boots and offered nothing as a Captain today. Very unusual for SDG
McGregor 4 Not much better than Gray. Some very shaky moments and got pushed of the ball a couple of times which is almost unheard off
Fontaine 2 Low mark due to time on the pitch. Did OK but looked a bit ponderous on the ball, hope his recovers quickly
Stevenson 5 Not up to his usual standards but not terrible

Fyvie 3 I'm a fan generally, but he is off form and was terrible today. It was a pretty nasty tackle for his booking too.
Shinnie 6 Between him and Marv for the best outfield player. On the left he was full of running, worked hard some great passes. Faded after an hour and when we went to the 3 at the back
McGinn 3 If dunfermline weren't wearing stripes I would be booking him in for a colour blind test. His worst game in a Hibs jersey I have witnessed
Boyle 6 Very good early on with a goal and winning a pen. 5 out of his 6 points would have been won in the first 25 minutes

Holt 3 Not at the races, dodgy moment late on when I think he kicked a player behind the refs back. Hardly won a ball and gave away a few needless freekicks. Looked tired from start and who can blame him after Wednesday
Cummings 6 Brilliant start to the game with a goal and an assist, full of running to start with but hardly saw the ball thereafter

Subs
Bartley 6 No idea why he didn't start. Looks a great partner for SJM and was fantastic on Wednesday. All over the place at CH but was very good when put into his defensive mid role.
Crane 5 A couple of shaky moments but given the circumstances did really well. Not sure I see him in a pair in the centre but worked well on the left of Daz
Keatings - Spent more time stripped on the bench waiting to come on than he did on the pitch. One horrific attempt at a pass.

Lennon - Team looked decent for the first 20 mins so can't really complain about his line up. I was surprised to see Marv dropped for the out of form Fyvie and Holt up top after such a tough midweek game. Thought he made an error in bringing Bartley on at CH. He did work it out but it was too late and the change to bring Crane on should have been made at half time in hindsight. I thought he left it far too late to bring Keats on as there was an obvious need for more running. Not seen his comments on the game but they will be interesting to hear. His criticism after Raith did nothing to lift the team but I suspect that has more to do with Wednesday. The home form is a big worry though and given the injuries he will earn his corn in the next few weeks.

Don't need Marv when teams park the omnibus. Dunfy didn't therefore we needed him.

wookie70
26-02-2017, 01:17 AM
Don't need Marv when teams park the omnibus. Dunfy didn't therefore we needed him. I don't think we need Marv and Fyvie but Marv allows McGinn more freedom and Fyvie has been poor for a few weeks. I would always play Marv when we have two very attacking wider midfielders too.

RamYer1902
26-02-2017, 01:17 AM
Marciano (9) - Three or four astonishing saves. Prevented Dunfermline a victory that they probably would've deserved.

Gray (3) - Horrific mistake for their goal. If he clears it then we probably go on to win the game with ease.

McGregor (4) - Didn't play well today. Mistimed too many headers and just didn't seem his usual self to me.

Fontaine (5) - Did fine until injury. We collapsed defensively when he went off.

Stevenson (4) - Wasn't at the races today either. Whole team defensively struggled but he was poor going forward today as well.

Boyle (7) - Brilliant first 30 minutes. Great finish and his play for the penalty was superb. Faded in the second half.

Fyvie (4) - Squandered possession too much today. Also found himself on the losing end on the majority of battles.

McGinn (4) - Lacklustre distribution. An alter ego of the player who ran the show on Wednesday. Fatigue?

Shinnie (5) - Unfair criticism of him on here. Looked for the ball at all times and tried to make things happen. Too timid at times, though.

Holt (5) - Anonymous first half. A lot better in the second. Tried to get us going in last 10 minutes but he wasn't as effective today.

Cummings (6) - Scored and tried to cause problems all day. Stunning delivery for the opener. Starved of service for much of the game.

Subs:

Bartley (6) - Established that he cannot play centre back so I won't judge him there. Much more accomplished when he moved into midfield.

Crane (6) - Not easy for the young lad to be thrown in out of position when we were under the cosh but I thought he did a pretty good job of shoring us up at the back.

Keatings (5) - No time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26-02-2017, 04:27 AM
Holt was much better than lazy erse cummings. Cummings only shows up against Hearts in my opinion - yes he scores vital goals but its always too late. Holt has put in a great shift the last few games and well deserved a goal against the wee team

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

26-02-2017, 04:30 AM
One of the maddest games I can remember. First twenty minutes was one of the best ive ever seen from us. Then we're hanging on for the rest of the first half and most of the second as we are totally battered. Lennons 352 switch worked in as much as it got Bartley back to his normal position. Ref a total shambles. Bizarely I enjoyed the spectacle, we've maintained our lead at the top, and I'll remember that goalie performance for a while.

Marciano 10 Unbelievable, miraculous stuff. Like a chemically enhanced Goram/Leighton clone.

Gray 3 From the first minute to the last looked all at sea.
McGregor 3 Was it him?
Fontaine 4 Fine until the injury, but should have been hooked straight away instead of being a hobbling liability for 10 mins.
Stevenson 5 held it together

Fyvie 5 sacrificed for a change of shape
Shinnie 6 Prepared to run at players and take shots on, even if it didn't always work
McGinn 3 Poor
Boyle 6 Did well although a lot of his mazy runs are from deep positions where he's not hurting teams.

Holt 5
Cummings 8 Mostly for his work in the first 20 minutes, when he was unplayable. Thereafter didn't see enough of the ball but he's clearly bang in form.

Subs
Bartley 7 A strange day for him. Starts on the bench, comes into play an unfamiliar position, clearly didn't know his job, then moved back into his normal role and immediately plays like his normal self again. Im not sure we get a point without him.
Crane 6 Misplaced a few passes, one heart in mouth moment but did fine taking into account he wont be used to being a LCB in a 352 and his lack of experience. Im a bit biased because hes from my laddies boys club but I think a 6 is fair.
Keatings didn't do much.

Lennon-deserves credit for the change of shape.
"Keatings didnt do much" he might have done a bit more if he was on the park more than 6 minutes

neil7908
26-02-2017, 06:46 AM
Holt was much better than lazy erse cummings. Cummings only shows up against Hearts in my opinion - yes he scores vital goals but its always too late. Holt has put in a great shift the last few games and well deserved a goal against the wee team

Without Jason we'd have lost the game. Holt seems to be such a polarising figure and I have to say I don't really rate him.

Yes he's runs around a lot and puts himself about but that should really be a given for any centre forward who is asked to play his role. I just feel that at 35 his legs are gone and his goal scoring record is woeful given the league we are in.

I would be very disappointed if we couldn't find a better partner for Jason this summer.

Unseen work
26-02-2017, 08:21 AM

Cummings only shows up against hearts? Hahaha

A goal and an assist today.

Wow

SRHibs
26-02-2017, 08:23 AM
Cummings only shows up against hearts? Hahaha

A goal and an assist today.

Wow

Aye but it took him 25 minutes! Far "too late"!

blackpoolhibs
26-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Cummings did actually play up against the big bad defenders, he didn't take the easy option of dropping deep all game.

BoomtownHibees
26-02-2017, 09:13 AM

Out of all the pish I've read on here since yesterday this about Cummings tops the lot

marinello59
26-02-2017, 09:17 AM

Wow.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-02-2017, 09:55 AM
A 1 for Holt?!?

I'm assuming you typed that post in braille? Deary f****ng me.

Pretty Boy
26-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Marciano was MotM. I was surprised Fyvie lasted as long as he did, I like him but he was woeful today. McGinns passing was crap but he beavered away. Holt was way better than a 1.

The rest the usual 4-6s that get doled out after a poor result.

B.H.F.C
26-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Marciano was MotM. I was surprised Fyvie lasted as long as he did, I like him but he was woeful today. McGinns passing was crap but he beavered away. Holt was way better than a 1.

The rest the usual 4-6s that get doled out after a poor result.

Two weeks on the trot Fyvie has been hooked.

I've never been his biggest fan but he always grafts. I thought he just looked totally disinterested last night.

guthrie01
26-02-2017, 10:24 AM

:confused: Are you serious ?

Jason has scored 15 goals
Holt has scored 3 goals

I don't care if Jason pulls out a deck chair and sits down for 89 minutes. Goals are what win games and what will win us the league. I rate Holt and think he does a lot for the team but saying he is better than Cummings is ludicrous.

RamYer1902
26-02-2017, 11:05 AM

Cummings was one of our best players yesterday. And in no way, shape or form is he lazy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
26-02-2017, 11:07 AM
Thread loses credibility when some offer Holt a 1.....Ridiculous really.....

heretoday
26-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Gray was poor. I expect more from him.

B.H.F.C
26-02-2017, 11:29 AM
Gray was poor. I expect more from him.

I expect more from the lot of them. Cummings and Boyle made a decent contribution first half. Goalie was obviously MOM. The rest were absolutely dire.

Tyler Durden
26-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Ridiculous to give Holt a 1 - he was more like a 5

Seems we are back to some players getting pass marks for running about a lot and appearing to try hard

Shinnie was also poor and seems to be a frustrating type - we know what he is capable of but he rarely produces it

NAE NOOKIE
26-02-2017, 02:09 PM
I always worry when I post player ratings that I get stick for my assessment along the lines of 'were you at the f'ing game !!!' ...... that is a mindset that clearly doesn't affect some of our other posters. A 1 ( one !!! ) for Holt is a damned insult and beneath any Hibs fan to post and as for the post criticising Cummings ... get a bloody grip ... the laddie has been excellent in the last two games.

Marciano ..... 10 ...... Saved us from an embarrassing defeat by about 2 goals, simply outstanding .... some questions about the first goal, but the situation developed so quickly he had little time to get set.

Gray .... 5 ..... A bad mistake at the first goal and didn't have a great deal of affect on the game.

McGregor .... 6 ..... Not as commanding as usual, but with Fontaine going off he was pretty well on his own for the rest of the game.

Fontaine .... 5 ..... was doing fine until he was injured .... since Hanlon being out he has really stepped up to plug the gap IMO.

Stevenson ..... 6 ..... Was lost at the 2nd goal, but to be fair to him at that point the whole defence was all over the place, hardly got forward at all.

Fyvie ..... 3 ...... He is a player I like and I feel he is sometimes unfairly criticised on here, but yesterday he was utterly woeful and contributed nothing.

Shinnie .... 7 .... I thought he was the pick of the midfield and for me was the only one who kept a clear head, a decent effort from him.

McGinn ..... 5 ..... Oh John WTF ! ..... At times he looked like he hadn't played football before, for every good pass he made and there were a few very good ones he played 3 terrible ones and was intercepted far too many times for my, his and I dare say Lennon's liking. Possibly his worst game in a Hibs jersey ..... he only manages a 5 because of his never give in attitude.

Boyle .... 7 ...... Mostly for a very good first 30 minutes where he scored and won a penalty ... faded badly after that, but still contributed more than most to the game.

Holt ..... 6 ...... Even though he must have been knackered after Wednesday he put in a real shift without being hugely effective, was still at it enough in the last 5 minutes to nearly score a winner with a good run across the keeper ....... 1 ... geeze f'ing peace !!!

Cummings ..... 7 ..... Continued his good form from Wednesday, has become noticeably better on the ball since Christmas and hit some terrific balls into the box, one of which was an absolute beauty and should have been put away .... starved of possession after half time.

SUBS:

Bartley .... 7 ..... It was always on the cards that NL would shove him in at CH if either McGregor or Fontaine had to go off in the last few games, something most of us would have agreed with. It happened yesterday and it didn't work, something NL was clearly happy to admit when he brought Crane on. He made one great run in the 2nd half where he got free with a Zidane like move and played as we know he can after moving into midfield.

Crane ..... 6 ..... A few dodgy moments, but did well in an unfamiliar position when he hardly has any first team experience in his own position, never mind centre back.

Keatings ... 3 ... for coming on, no time to make an impact really.

Manager:

Things were fine until Fontaine went off and it all fell apart. You cant blame NL for SDG's horrific error at their first goal and its fine in hindsight to say Bartley should have played from the start ... we all want to see a more attacking team at home and Bartley isn't part of that ethos. As I said, he was quick enough to recognise that big Marv wasn't working at CH and at least had the baws to admit it was a mistake by bringing Crane on pretty quickly. It was a poor performance, but I cant say Neil Lennon was particularly to blame for it.

The referee: .... minus 10 ............ Possibly the worst display of 'look at me' piss poor officiating I have seen at ER for about 4 seasons .... he got so much wrong that if it was possible to substitute referees the supervisor in the stands would have hooked him after 40 minutes ..... utterly abysmal !!!

MWHIBBIES
26-02-2017, 02:19 PM

Sent from my SM-A300FU using TapatalkGood lord

hibsbollah
26-02-2017, 02:32 PM
I've criticised Jason in the past for his all round play, but this season I really feel he's made massive strides, and should now be discussed in the same terms as Riordan Griffiths O'connor and Fletcher as top strikers capable of achieving anything with their career if they put in the work.

Describing him as 'lazy arsed Cummings' on this thread is the maddest thing I've read for ages.