PDA

View Full Version : 3 points from 9 at Home

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Poor

cabbageandribs1875
25-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Raith game was away boab, still very poor against 3 out of the 4 bottom teams...and the bottom one up next

bigwheel
25-02-2017, 07:56 PM
It's results like this that suggest to me we won't run away with this league.....it could go all the way to the last week or two....imho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve20
25-02-2017, 08:01 PM
If we actually got our act together, we'd destroy this league. Wednesday showed we have the ability to do that. We need to start playing to our ability and not just cup games.

Stevie Reid
25-02-2017, 08:02 PM
In the last week we've played 3 matches, extended our lead over Utd, and papped Hearts oot the cup AGAIN.

Funnily enough, I can live with that.

SlickShoes
25-02-2017, 08:05 PM
If we win our next two league games we are 13 points clear, we need to make sure that happens, no point dwelling on the past it should be forgotten about and we should be 100% focused on beating St Mirren on Wednesday night.

wookie70
25-02-2017, 08:11 PM
In the last week we've played 3 matches, extended our lead over Utd, and papped Hearts oot the cup AGAIN.

Funnily enough, I can live with that.

I would rather we were dictating what happens to our league position rather than relying on the chasing pack to drop points. I'll give the team a wee bit slack today and put it down to heavy legs after the Derby but we were very lucky to get a point. The last 3 matches have been Baked Alaska, more stone cold that piping hot.

Lennon crucified the team for their performance at Raith. I thought it was wrong but no way of knowing yet but it certainly never had the desired effect today.

Stevie Reid
25-02-2017, 08:14 PM
I would rather we were dictating what happens to our league position rather than relying on the chasing pack to drop points. I'll give the team a wee bit slack today and put it down to heavy legs after the Derby but we were very lucky to get a point. The last 3 matches have been Baked Alaska, more stone cold that piping hot.

Lennon crucified the team for their performance at Raith. I thought it was wrong but no way of knowing yet but it certainly never had the desired effect today.

Everyone would rather that. It's still been a good week though.

B.H.F.C
25-02-2017, 08:25 PM

It's been a good week in the cup. It's been a very, very poor week in the league.

Gogs07
25-02-2017, 08:40 PM
It's time to lift the pitch!
After pumping the inbred mutants, it didn't help our dribblers/ball runners today.

Has that excuse been used already?? :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
25-02-2017, 08:42 PM

Dropping 4 points to Raith and Dunfermline will never constitute a "good week"

Stevie Reid
25-02-2017, 08:48 PM
It's been a good week in the cup. It's been a very, very poor week in the league.

It hasn't really. The results haven't been great but in the last week we've extended our lead at the top.

Stevie Reid
25-02-2017, 08:50 PM

Extending our lead at the top of the league whilst knocking our biggest rivals out of the cup in great style is a great week.

B.H.F.C
25-02-2017, 08:52 PM
It hasn't really. The results haven't been great but in the last week we've extended our lead at the top.

Completely disagree. Us dropping points against utter garbage gives the teams chasing us hope. We should be in a much stronger position.

ehf
25-02-2017, 08:53 PM

We were very fortunate not to lose 2-5 or even 2-6 today; does not bode well for the run-in.

cleanyman
25-02-2017, 08:54 PM
Extending our lead at the top of the league whilst knocking our biggest rivals out of the cup in great style is a great week.

Behave

Stevie Reid
Completely disagree. Us dropping points against utter garbage gives the teams chasing us hope. We should be in a much stronger position.

It might give them hope but the reality is they've a bigger gap to close and less games left to do it.

Incidentally, Dunfermline were far from utter garbage today.

BoomtownHibees

If you're happy with the last 3 league results and performances then crack on

Stevie Reid
Behave

What?

Stevie Reid
25-02-2017, 08:55 PM
If you're happy with the last 3 league results and performances then crack on

I'm not saying I am. But I am happy about the fact that we're in an even stronger position despite them.

B.H.F.C
25-02-2017, 08:56 PM
It might give them hope but the reality is they've a bigger gap to close and less games left to do it.

Incidentally, Dunfermline were far from utter garbage today.

We were two nil up, cruising and stopped playing.

If you think three draws on the trot in this league is good then you have pretty low expectations.

WhileTheChief..
25-02-2017, 08:58 PM
Dunfermline were good today and we were off the pace. Hardly a disaster at all and the chasing pack have one less week to catch us.

We don't need to extend our lead at the top, the pressure is all on them. You really think Utd or Morton will gain more points than us in the run in? No chance.

Perfectly relaxed about things here.

cleanyman
25-02-2017, 08:59 PM
What?

The league should be sown up by now

We are 7 points ahead of the poorest Dundee United team ever yet we are somehow giving them hope with inept performances at home.

A huge two weeks because if worse comes to worse that gap could be a point in March

Stevie Reid
25-02-2017, 08:59 PM
We were two nil up, cruising and stopped playing.

If you think three draws on the trot in this league is good then you have pretty low expectations.

Those results haven't been great, but given that our aim is to get out of this league, I am happy that we're in an even stronger position to do that than we were at the start of the day.

SteveHFC
25-02-2017, 09:02 PM
Absolutely ridiculous we've drawn so many games this season especially against such crap teams.

cleanyman
25-02-2017, 09:05 PM
What is the home form like?

Cannae be great

Fifehibby74
25-02-2017, 09:14 PM
So frustrating. League should be over and skooshed but we are still under pressure. (Although i'd rather be in our shoes than Uniteds) been saying for weeks now next games massive! Roll on Wednesday (massive game 😀)

wookie70
25-02-2017, 09:20 PM
What is the home form like?

Cannae be great

In the league we have lost or drawn as many as we have won W6, D5, L1 in short shocking. Dundee Utd have 28pts and Hibs 23 from 12 games at home. It is just as well Utd are honking away from home and our away form has the same as Utds form has been at home.

Onion
25-02-2017, 09:23 PM
We can be thankful that our main competition are dropping points otherwise we'd be struggling. Today was just a a routine match for Hibs but a Cup Final for DAFC who'll rarely play in such a great stadium / pitch and in front of 15000. Hibs are struggling to meet that challenge.

Sir David Gray
25-02-2017, 09:27 PM
Our home form isn't good enough this season. We should be making home advantage count especially when we have such a large backing at home but to drop 13 points at home so far is ridiculous.

truehibernian
25-02-2017, 09:39 PM
Need Dylan back asap to get some composure in that midfield and take the weight off McGinn's shoulders - SJM is being asked to do too much these last few games and Fyvie offered zero today to help him out.

greenlex
25-02-2017, 10:31 PM
Its not champonship winning form thats for sure. Its just as well as our immediate rivals seem to be in a similar form. Ive said it before and at the risk of repeating myself the cup is a distraction. Both mentaly and physically

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2017, 10:55 PM
Raith game was away boab, still very poor against 3 out of the 4 bottom teams...and the bottom one up next

Whoops...made a blithering idiot of myself for the first time ever. Feel strangely human and vulnerable...

Ronniekirk
25-02-2017, 11:00 PM
Need Dylan back asap to get some composure in that midfield and take the weight off McGinn's shoulders - SJM is being asked to do too much these last few games and Fyvie offered zero today to help him out.

If he is bresking down in warm up to come on pitch i think we camt tely on him coming back and staying fit
If he manages s few games in a row that will be a bonus for us ,but given it takes a few games to get match fit ,it could be a while before we see the best of himn

Is It On....
25-02-2017, 11:20 PM
If he is bresking down in warm up to come on pitch i think we camt tely on him coming back and staying fit
If he manages s few games in a row that will be a bonus for us ,but given it takes a few games to get match fit ,it could be a while before we see the best of himn

Do you think that we will ever be able to rely on Dylan to stay fit? I hope I am wrong but worry that he will progressively become a bit part player and eventually be released for this reason.

Ronniekirk
25-02-2017, 11:56 PM
Do you think that we will ever be able to rely on Dylan to stay fit? I hope I am wrong but worry that he will progressively become a bit part player and eventually be released for this reason.

Thats the million dollar question but bassed on his condition and the fsct he thpught he would be stronger thid season , it looks lke the answer is no sadly

Hi Heid Yin
26-02-2017, 01:19 AM
I wonder what the record is for clinching the championship with the fewest points and/or most draws. Does anyone know?
At the moment I wonder if we are well on our way to achieving both.

26-02-2017, 03:17 AM
Today was a mix of 5 things, IMO :

1. Bad luck with Fontaine getting injured (on top of Forster & Hanlon already being out),
2. Hibs inexplicably *****ting themselves collectively as a team after Gray's howler of a mistake which let them back into it,
3. Lennon sticking Bartley in at CH where he looked like a fish out of water until he changed it,
4. Dunfermline actually coming and having a go (instead of "parking the bus", which we always moan about) and actually playing quite well - credit where it's due?, and finally,
5. The referee having a howler and not helping us out much

All these things considered today was a disappointment and an opportunity missed yes, especially after being 2-0 up in 25 minutes, but when considered in the whole, we're still 7 points clear of Utd (8 in reality when you consider GD) with 1 game less left to play ....... so not a complete disaster. If we can beat St Mirren on Wednesday and not lose at Tannadice that means we're 10 points clear with 9 games left to play. That'll be too many points to make up IMO. So the next two league games are HUGE. I'm sure Lennon and the players will know this.

GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
26-02-2017, 04:27 AM
Need Dylan back asap to get some composure in that midfield and take the weight off McGinn's shoulders - SJM is being asked to do too much these last few games and Fyvie offered zero today to help him out.Or McGinn was just pish today, same as Fyvie?

Borderhibbie76
26-02-2017, 07:49 AM
Or McGinn was just pish today, same as Fyvie?
At least Mcginn tried today...Fyvie yet again was utter gash - as he has been now for the last 4 or 5 matches. If that was Shinnie playing like that..some would be baying for blood

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SON OF PADDY
26-02-2017, 06:46 PM
At least Mcginn tried today...Fyvie yet again was utter gash - as he has been now for the last 4 or 5 matches. If that was Shinnie playing like that..some would be baying for blood

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Take it you don't fancy FF " omho " the boy's a class player that we're lucky to have.
He's Just going through a wee bad patch.😏

CorrieHibs
26-02-2017, 11:06 PM
I wonder what the record is for clinching the championship with the fewest points and/or most draws. Does anyone know?
At the moment I wonder if we are well on our way to achieving both.

Dundee won it in 2014 with 69 points. We've finished on 70 points the last 2 seasons although finishing 3rd last season on goal difference.

I'm confident we'll get more than 69 points.

killie-hibby
27-02-2017, 12:04 AM
Dundee won it in 2014 with 69 points. We've finished on 70 points the last 2 seasons although finishing 3rd last season on goal difference.

I'm confident we'll get more than 69 points.

If the league contenders take current form from their six most recent matches played, into their remaining matches,the final points total would be -
Hibs 73 pts. : Morton 66 pts. :Falkirk 62 pts, : Dun.Utd. 55pts.

When calculating form over the three most recent matches the points total increases for Dun.Utd. but reduced for the other three. The league positions remain the same but with
Falkirk and Dun. Utd on the same points.

Hibs 66 pts. : Morton 62 pts. : Falkirk 59 pts. : Dun.Utd. 59 pts.

It seems to me ,that if we dont improve on current form, and if any of our three rivals have a run of wins we would be in the play offs.
Our match against St.Mirren means more for Hibs future than next Saturdays cup tie. Hopefully we will win both games.

Stevie Reid
27-02-2017, 10:01 AM
St. Johnstone won the First Division in 2009 with only 65 points - they drew 14 games and won only three more games than we have currently (they lost five). They still won the league by ten points because, bizarrely, no one else in the league lost less than 12 games. Partick and Dunfermline, who finished 2nd and 3rd, each lost 13 games.

greenlex
01-03-2017, 11:49 PM
Its not champonship winning form thats for sure. Its just as well as our immediate rivals seem to be in a similar form. Ive said it before and at the risk of repeating myself the cup is a distraction. Both mentaly and physically

The grand total of 3 points from 4 games against 4 of the bottom 5. We are not winning the championship on that form. After the Raith game Lennon went public with the criticism. That has not worked. We really need to get the finger out. If we want to be champions nothing less than 3 points at Dundee will do.