PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs v Dunfermline

Pages : 1 [2]

Hibbyradge
25-02-2017, 06:03 PM
:agree:

And you didn't have to be a lip-reader to understand Lennon's feelings on that.

Although it helped 😁

Liam89
What is up with this ref?!

Keatings on for Shinnie - should have been brought on earlier.

cabbageandribs1875
keatings gets 2 mins to make any kind of effect :rolleyes:

heretoday
25-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Stupid Holt.

HFCdeb
Ref is pish.

James70
Referee is shocking, constantly stopping play.

cleanyman
A few of the Hibs players have really boiled over today

It has been a really frustrating day

This league should be over

cabbageandribs1875
What is up with this ref?!

Keatings on for Shinnie - should have been brought on earlier.

about 20 mins earlier

Pretty Boy
Ref has lost the plot and Marciano should have been MotM ahead of Boyle who got it. Another pish league performance.

That's my assessment.

GlesgaeHibby
25-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Stupid Holt.

How? Never a foul

IanM
Two teams trying to play ball and Beaton is more interested in making this about him

Liam89
We should be 15 pts clear with the amount that the teams around us have slipped up. We better hope Dutd don't go on a run for the last 11 games whilst we continue to stutter in the league.

chasitup
25-02-2017, 06:06 PM
Ref has lost the plot and Marciano should have been MotM ahead of Boyle who got it. Another pish league performance.

That's my assessment.
Can't argue with that.

Allant1981
Stupid Holt.

was never a foul

HoboHarry
Stupid Holt.
Because of what? He did nothing....

NORTHERNHIBBY
Two nil and you effed it up. Dunfermline should be leaving with all the points.

Scorrie
Jeezo these pars players dropping like flies 🙄

James70
Doubt we'll have a harder game than this all season.

heretoday
I'm putting it down to tiredness after their midweek efforts.

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Refereeing at this level is shambolic.

Waxy
We have to get out this league.

cabbageandribs1875
7 points dropped in the last 3 games against three of the bottom four clubs

st.mirren up next, Mmm

HoboHarry
But they aren't at this point.....

Lago
Ok I was impressed by Dunfy, but they are now playing the Falkirk game conning the ref & stopping the game at every opportunity.

Heisenberg
We've been outplayed by ****ing Dunfermline. Would anyone be surprised to see another similar collapse like we saw last season? Some of these players need to take a look at themselves. Absolutely brilliant beating Hearts but it looks like they couldn't be ****ed putting a similar shift in tonight. Brutal.

calamitus
25-02-2017, 06:08 PM
So, man of the match, is that the pasty wee scrote who had his hand on Fyvie's throat and should have been sent off?

Joe6-2
25-02-2017, 06:08 PM

As usual though, nothing is ever done about it!
Don't know what the answer is, but surely there is something clubs could do?

Waxy
25-02-2017, 06:09 PM
Rocky saved us a point and i'll totally forgive them today after wednesday.

blackpoolhibs
Thats been just awful after a great start, but daft mistakes let them back in and if truthful we should have lost this pretty badly.

We can blame the game on wednesday taking a lot out of the team, but Lennon should have done things a little better today with certain players especially up front in my opinion.

Vault Boy
One of the worst refereeing displays I've seen this season.

IWasThere2016
Poor..

jacomo

You are a misery.

Why not spend the rest of the week moaning about Lennon?

Personally I will console myself that we are one game nearer the finish line.

SlickShoes
100% brutal, outplayed for 75 minutes by Dunfermline at Easter Road, we haven't won in the league for a month.

heretoday
25-02-2017, 06:10 PM
It's a bit churlish to boo the team after recent events but that was a poor show.

GreenLake
John Beaton. Worst referee. Complaints should be made.

john18722
We've been outplayed by ****ing Dunfermline. Would anyone be surprised to see another similar collapse like we saw last season? Some of these players need to take a look at themselves. Absolutely brilliant beating Hearts but it looks like they couldn't be ****ed putting a similar shift in tonight. Brutal.

Be quiet

Jim44
Shocking result. On balance, Dunfermline deserved to win. As one of the realists here, I thought that, after going two up and playing well, we really might just be on our way to skooshing the league after all. A moment of weakness on my part. Every team in this league can hold us or beat us and we'll end up crawling over the line, if we are as lucky as we were today.

Northernhibee
We could have gone thirteen points clear in the last three games and have had this league won. After being 2-0 up at home against Dunfermline.

Piss poor and utterly unacceptable.

Itsnoteasy
25-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Brutal ref

Dinnae blame the ref. We were shocking.
Blew the chance again to draw further away from the chasing pack.

skyehibee
Very tough game Vs St mirren midweek who won today so will be full of confidence

HoboHarry
Shoosh FFS. We are in the same position as we were this morning with one game less to play. Still, if your hysterics make you feel better.......

California-Hibs
That was garbage!! How many times have we had the chance to extend the gap and not done it?!

jacomo
25-02-2017, 06:12 PM
One of the worst refereeing displays I've seen this season.

A jaded performance from us against a decent Dunfy and a shocking ref.

We are still 7 clear with one less to play.

If the bed wetters could refrain from their usual pish that would be great!

Pete
We look done in a bit. Physically and mentally with too many wrong choices.

Got away with that and it's time to regroup FAST.

hibee62

This guy reffed our cup semi last season, nothing to do with our level but why is this guy even a top ref??

Lago
Not ideal but not lost ground & another game less to play

sambajustice
Reality is, 3 points in 3 games against 3 bottom half championship clubs! Including 2 games at home and no clean sheets!

greenpaper55
What do you expect, it the Hibs !

Vault Boy
If Marciano could consistently kick a ball he'd be right around the top level, some of his saves are ridiculous.

essexhibee
Lucky to even get a point. Three outrageous saves from rocky.

Not quite sure how that game happened

Bedwetter maybe but I'm starting to brick it a bit that we won't get out this league.

Peevemor
25-02-2017, 06:13 PM
I thought it was a good match - at least Dunfermline gave us a game. We suffered in defence until Crane came on, then Marv was superb when he moved to midfield. SJM's passing was very poor today. Beaton was atrocious and questions have to be asked.

Walter
Be quiet

Why should he be quiet, he's spot on! Got two ahead and thought they could coast. One great performance the other night doesn't mean you can rest on your laurels

marinello59

It's not that they couldn't be arsed, they looked physically and mentally done in after the first half hour. It happens after an intense game like Wednesday's.

gazzag70
25-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Bartley was lost at centre half,far better when the defence was readjusted when Crane came on.A lucky point in the end.Unfortunately.

HIBERNIAN-0762
I kind of expected this TBH, they are a tricky team with good fast passing and were unlucky not to win it, McGinn was hopeless tonight with far too many wasted passes but overall a poor performance, still, we are out in front anyway.

GGTTH

Pete
Still seven ahead though with a good GD.

Table looks nice.

Peevemor
100% brutal, outplayed for 75 minutes by Dunfermline at Easter Road, we haven't won in the league for a month.
No we weren't. Dunfermline were on top in the second half until Crane came on, but no way they outplayed us for 75 minutes.

R'Albin
Shoosh FFS. We are in the same position as we were this morning with one game less to play. Still, if your hysterics make you feel better.......

Not because of anything we've done well as such - because of United and Morton both dropping points.

I don't understand why people are trying to justify tonight's ***** performance. We were awful and saved by a class goalkeeper.

Hibbyradge
I'm putting it down to tiredness after their midweek efforts.

No doubt about that.

Hibs lacked edge and ran out of steam after we went 2 up.

Fontaine's injury screwed up our defence and led to Dunfermline's first goal. We tightened up when we went to 3 at the back, but we're very lucky to get a point.

Still 7 points clear. I'll take that.

aussie_hibee
Looked like it was going to be a matter of how many until Gray's mistake. (Worst game I've seen him play) Totally swung the momentum and they were the better team for the next hour.

Very poor defensively today. No real width and we struggled with the pressure they put on us when we had the ball.

Hopefully just tiredness.

Ozyhibby
25-02-2017, 06:15 PM
If Marciano could consistently kick a ball he'd be right around the top level, some of his saves are ridiculous.

I wasn't there today but I think his kicking has been very good up till now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lago
25-02-2017, 06:15 PM
We could have gone thirteen points clear in the last three games and have had this league won. After being 2-0 up at home against Dunfermline.

Piss poor and utterly unacceptable.
You can start your Lennon must go thread now:greengrin

rotherhamrob
25-02-2017, 06:16 PM
Shows how bad we were when we're 2-0 up and I'm happy to get out of that with a draw.
To be honest I thought there would be a come down from Wednesday but we're one step closer to the finishing line.

makaveli1875
that was awful , to be fair the boys left it all out on the pitch on wednesday . cant really be too hard on them .

HoboHarry
Not because of anything we've done well as such - because of United and Morton both dropping points.

I don't understand why people are trying to justify tonight's ***** performance. We were awful and saved by a class goalkeeper.
Of course they are dropping points - every team does.....

Sas_The_Hibby
Some people on here seem to think it's no problem drawing every week, as we end up being in the same position (so far).

It's just not good enough as far as I'm concerned. What's the point in turning over Hearts in the Cup when we just throw away six points in three (not particularly difficult) games?

Waxy
25-02-2017, 06:17 PM

Rubbish

blackpoolhibs
It's not that they couldn't be arsed, they looked physically and mentally done in after the first half hour. It happens after an intense game like Wednesday's.

I think that's probably right, although i don't think the manager should be that tired, and some of his decisions were not the best today, and did not give us as good a chance of winning this game as it might have done.

IWasThere2016
Thats been just awful after a great start, but daft mistakes let them back in and if truthful we should have lost this pretty badly.

We can blame the game on wednesday taking a lot out of the team, but Lennon should have done things a little better today with certain players especially up front in my opinion.

Yup - staggering that neither Keating's or Graham was brought on.

We stole a point in the end as Rocky repeatedly saved us.

Northernhibee
25-02-2017, 06:18 PM
You can start your Lennon must go thread now:greengrin

I've said he should get the rest of the season but he's bang average at best IMO. Certainly no better than Stubbs by any stretch of the imagination. We didn't show the grit or determination some say he brings today, neither did we see the improved defence.

Vault Boy
I wasn't there today but I think his kicking has been very good up till now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not particular poor but quite often hits it too short and it puts us on the back foot, a few scuffs here and there too. Nothing awful, but something I've noticed, maybe just me. Cracking keeper though, won us our point.

DavieB
Reality is, 3 points in 3 games against 3 bottom half championship clubs! Including 2 games at home and no clean sheets!

Yeah not great the only redeeming factor is none of the teams below us has made up any ground from those 3 games............surely we will strike some good form in the league soon!!

Heisenberg
25-02-2017, 06:19 PM

It's my opinion. Telling me to "shoosh" is a fantastic response. It's the truth. We just got utterly dominated by Dunfermline. This squad of players only turns up and plays when the mood suits them. It was the same under Stubbs this time last year when we fell apart after beating Hearts.

hibbysam
25-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Very poor, but no lost ground and a game less. If we win on Wednesday we are 10 clear when we play united. After that we have Dumbarton at home, those three games will win us this league. It was always going to be difficult to replicate Wednesday night.

Itsnoteasy
25-02-2017, 06:20 PM

Here we go the physical & mental chestnut.
They are professional athletes.

Pete
25-02-2017, 06:21 PM
I've said he should get the rest of the season but he's bang average at best IMO. Certainly no better than Stubbs by any stretch of the imagination. We didn't show the grit or determination some say he brings today, neither did we see the improved defence.

We didn't see an improved defence? :confused:

Are you talking about the long term where it's the best in the country or the short term where we've zero fit centre backs?

Or are you just waffling?

Bayern Bru
25-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Positives: Didn't lose, got a point, still 7 ahead of United.

Negatives: Another defensive injury, too many below-par performances, chucked away a two-goal lead.

Almost to be expected after Wednesday. Can understand Lennon not wanting to change the team too much but I thought a few of them looked tired today and could have done with a rest. Thought we looked a bit iffy with Marv at centre half and reckon if possible, we might need to look for a free agent / emergency loan to bolster our defensive options, even if Fontaine's injury isn't that bad.

We'll be fine on Wednesday night. :aok:

Fifehibby74
25-02-2017, 06:22 PM
Still seven ahead though with a good GD.

Table looks nice.

We should be home and dry by now. If United beat us at tannadice the gap could be down to 4 points - hope we don't regret drawing these last 3 games.

marinello59
25-02-2017, 06:23 PM
Here we go the physical & mental chestnut.
They are professional athletes.

Andy Murray has followed up tremendous wins at tennis with a very tired looking performance in his next match. He's a professional athlete as well.

superfurryhibby

And there's the thing, other teams drop points too. Strange, cos you would think that it was only us that did that.

We were rank, especially in the second half. We all know that. No one needs to justify anything, it's just that folk are trying to explain to the hysterics on here that this wasn't entirely unpredictable.

Ideally we do better, but no harm done, games are running down and we remain clear at the top.

People should fasten the seatbelt and enjoy the ride, moaning yer **** off changes nowt and it gets a bit tedious.

HoboHarry
It's my opinion. Telling me to "shoosh" is a fantastic response. It's the truth. We just got utterly dominated by Dunfermline. This squad of players only turns up and plays when the mood suits them. It was the same under Stubbs this time last year when we fell apart after beating Hearts.
Aye aye of course they do, it's a plan concocted beforehand. Pretty sure I don't recall being 7 points clear at this time last year. Still you keep posting your nonsense and mind don't forget all those sweary words just to give your post more dramatical impact.....

GreenLake
The referee put the dampers on what was going to be a cruise control win for us. The non-yellow for McMullen allowed him to continue to foul with reckless abandon while signaling a green light to other thugs like Herron and Higginbotham to do likewise. Then a fifteen minute period of blowing us for everything and stopping play sent our players into confusion and onto the back foot. Once they were looking like winners Beaton shows them a couple of yellows and makes a big display of harshness against them once it doesn't matter. A game turned upside down by officiating right out of the SPFL refereeing playbook from their Department of Philantifootball.

Northernhibee

Are you talking about the long term where it's the best in the country or the short term where we've zero fit centre backs?

No, I'm talking about surrendering a two goal lead at home against Dunfermline. No clean sheets in our last three league appearances against Ayr, Raith and Dunfermline.

How on earth people can justify what we saw today, against Raith and against Ayr is beyond me. It's not acceptable for a club like Hibs.

marinello59
25-02-2017, 06:24 PM
I think that's probably right, although i don't think the manager should be that tired, and some of his decisions were not the best today, and did not give us as good a chance of winning this game as it might have done.

I'd agree with that.

houstonhibbee
25-02-2017, 06:25 PM
And there's the thing, other teams drop points too. Strange, cos you would think that it was only us that did that.

We were rank, especially in the second half. We all know that. No one needs to justify anything, it's just that folk are trying to explain to the hysterics on here that this wasn't entirely unpredictable.

Ideally we do better, but no harm done, games are running down and we remain clear at the top.

People should fasten the seatbelt and enjoy the ride, moaning yer **** off changes nowt and it gets a bit tedious.

Credit to Dunfermline. Wonder how many they would take off Hearts...

truehibernian
Players played with lead in their boots today - midweek clearly caught up second half and our squad is being shown up for what it is - threadbare. Shinnie irritates me with his lack of physicality in important areas, but saying that, every midfielder stood off and allowed acres of space.

Giving Keatings only 2 minutes is astonishing from Lennon. As for big Holt - it's football not WWF - you're a better footballer than that Grant, start showing it please instead of persistent fouling when we're in great areas.

Dunfermline played like a 5-a-side there - some good football in patches. Rocky, Boyle and Stevenson the only pass marks for me today, with Lennon very culpable for allowing that second half to happen.

Lago
Think the defence, with 3 injured CHs, get a pass this time in my book, for the rest of your Lennon moan, rubbish.

Joe6-2
25-02-2017, 06:26 PM
My only real gripe, yeah maybe tired from Wednesday, but we had a two goal lead at home!!!

Heisenberg
25-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Aye aye of course they do, it's a plan concocted beforehand. Pretty sure I don't recall being 7 points clear at this time last year. Still you keep posting your nonsense and mind don't forget all those sweary words just to give your post more dramatical impact.....

Ok. I'll rephrase it and say they only turn up for "big" games. We've been woeful against these teams far too often this season. They clearly struggle to become motivated to perform at the same level as they do against Hearts, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen etc.

Northernhibee
25-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Think the defence, with 3 injured CFs , get a pass this time in my book, for the rest of your Lennon moan, rubbish.
You clearly hold Hibs to much lower standards than I do then. You keep peddling excuses.

cabbageandribs1875
25-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Players played with lead in their boots today - midweek clearly caught up second half and our squad is being shown up for what it is - threadbare. Shinnie irritates me with his lack of physicality in important areas, but saying that, every midfielder stood off and allowed acres of space.

Giving Keatings only 2 minutes is astonishing from Lennon. As for big Holt - it's football not WWF - you're a better footballer than that Grant, start showing it please instead of persistent fouling when we're in great areas.

Dunfermline played like a 5-a-side there - some good football in patches. Rocky, Boyle and Stevenson the only pass marks for me today, with Lennon very culpable for allowing that second half to happen.

:agree: very frustrating, and baffling

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 06:30 PM
All credit to Dunfermline, they capitalised on our inevitable tiredness and played a really good pressing game.
Our keeper really is class, really hope we can keep him beyond the summer.

xyz23jc
25-02-2017, 06:31 PM
John Beaton. Worst referee. Complaints should be made.

This! Horrendous performance from the ref again. Gave us nothing the whole game. :grr:

Itsnoteasy
25-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Andy Murray has followed up tremendous wins at tennis with a very tired looking performance in his next match. He's a professional athlete as well.

How can you make a comparison with AM a single sportsperson who probably plays average 5 games in a 2 week period average match length 3 hours to a football team playing sometimes 2-3 times a week in a week for 90 mins per match. No comparison.

Stax
Good analogy, I'm pissed off with our inconsistency but Leicester city won the league and look like getting relegated this year. As for Hibs, It's a habit we need to break.

houstonhibbee
All credit to Dunfermline, they capitalised on our inevitable tiredness and played a really good pressing game.
Our keeper really is class, really hope we can keep him beyond the summer.
They were very physical and Hibs where on a hiding to nothing with a referee that let them away with everything.

hibsbollah
25-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Credit to Dunfermline. Wonder how many they would take off Hearts...

:agree: i didn't see that many individual mistakes, I saw us swept away by a better team on the day. It happens. Move on.

Itsnoteasy
25-02-2017, 06:35 PM

The difference with AM is he is a winner & even when tired with no one to help he still goes on to win most times.

pontius pilate
Frustrated at that today however after Wednesday I can forgive slightly however we have a game Wednesday and Saturday with a threadbare squad. Holt really frustrated me today as did McGinn. Giving keatings the last 5 mins was mental he should have been on sooner

MWHIBBIES
:agree: i didn't see that many individual mistakes, I saw us swept away by a better team. It happens. Move on.
Gray sold a goal, one of only 2 they scored, massive mistake that changed the game.

Deansy
25-02-2017, 06:36 PM
I think the longer our SC run continues we can expect more performances like today's - I can't believe how many of our players looked knackered and says something about their fitness-levels if 2 games in a week is too much for some ?. The only positive I take from today is Beaton won't be the ref in every remaining game and McGinn can surely never play as poorly as he did today - dunno how many times he passed the ball straight to a Dunfermline-player ??

Itsnoteasy
25-02-2017, 06:36 PM
They were very physical and Hibs where on a hiding to nothing with a referee that let them away with everything.

Stop blaming the ref

Allant1981
25-02-2017, 06:37 PM
felt like a defeat today, a lot of players just didnt look interested when we went 2-0 up, hope lennon rips them to bits in the changing room after that

jacomo
You clearly hold Hibs to much lower standards than I do then. You keep peddling excuses.

And you keep peddling negative pish. Please stop.

TRC
Fontaine got injured we fell apart we looked like we would absolutely destroy them after the first 29 mins, ref didn't help it was quite possibly the worst showing since collum in the playoff

Lago
25-02-2017, 06:38 PM
And you keep pushing your Lennon agenda, come what may.

HoboHarry
25-02-2017, 06:41 PM
Love it when posters get all pretentious....:faf:

DaveF
25-02-2017, 06:42 PM
I'm only posting to annoy hoboharry :-)

marinello59
25-02-2017, 06:44 PM
The difference with AM is he is a winner & even when tired with no one to help he still goes on to win most times.

Your point was that the players shouldn't be tired in the first place because they are professional athletes. At least you are admitting that was wrong.

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Love it when posters get all pretentious....:faf:

"Jambo-esque" you mean?

greenpaper55
25-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Could be worse , what if you were a united supporter ?

Stevie Reid
25-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Has to be considered a good point given that Dunfermline murdered us in the second half - was like the Alamo at times. We haven't given away any ground and Utd now have only 11 games to win 8 more points than us.

We were unfortunate in that an uncharacteristic error by Gray changed the momentum of the game just when we we'd gone two up from exploiting the spaces in behind them very well. Then Fontaine going off and Bartley being a fish out of water there helped them further, especially given Fyvie was way off it and we needed Marvin's steel in midfield.

We were awful today but Dunfermline deserve loads of credit for the way they played. We could easily have been well beaten today but instead we've drawn and maintained our lead. I'll take that, under the circumstances.

HoboHarry
25-02-2017, 06:46 PM
I'm only posting to annoy hoboharry :-)
There you are sweetheart - I was missing you.......did the light hurt your eyes when you came out from under your bed?

houstonhibbee
25-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Stop blaming the ref
Not this time. I very rarely blame the ref for our performances. But on this occasion I make an exception. No team can expect to succeed when every decision goes against them or is ignored. Sorry

highland hibbee
25-02-2017, 06:49 PM
retro red for the thug who grabs Fyvie by the throat.

Totally agree. We have been whining all season about teams sitting back at Easter Road, was interesting to see how we played against a team that came at us. With a makeshift defence and a very dodgy referee we are where we were this morning with a game less to play. We have learnt that there's a lot of fight about the team, that even with a very dodgy ref we were at the end the sttacking force, and that this team stick up for each other. Oh and one wee addendum. Higginbotton has a face like a badly waxed f@nny!!! Just saying lol

dmc1875
25-02-2017, 06:50 PM
The ref was abysmal but we were punished for having Bartley in defence as it just caused no end of problems for the rest of the defensive line. Sorted to an extent when crane came on.

Too many looked knackered especially fyvie and McGinn but Fontaine coming off cost us that game.

Got to hand it to Dunfermline though they were well up for it today, chased everything and played some decent stuff.

SaulGoodman
25-02-2017, 06:53 PM
No, I'm talking about surrendering a two goal lead at home against Dunfermline. No clean sheets in our last three league appearances against Ayr, Raith and Dunfermline.

How on earth people can justify what we saw today, against Raith and against Ayr is beyond me. It's not acceptable for a club like Hibs.

You are one miserable *******.

Heisenberg
25-02-2017, 06:54 PM

Might be miserable but it's true....

cabbageandribs1875
25-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Attendance:14,437

Hibs Class
25-02-2017, 06:56 PM
Just back, obv. disappointing to lose a two goal lead, but Fontaine injury was the turning point. Dunfermline played well though, and deserved at least their point. With results elsewhere it wasn't nearly as bad a day as it could have been, just a shame we couldn't capitalise on those other results.

Leith Green
25-02-2017, 06:57 PM
Will take getting out of this weekend still 7 points clear all things considered. 11 games left for a poor united side to claw a 7 point gap back. Dont think thats gonna happen

SaulGoodman
25-02-2017, 06:57 PM
Might be miserable but it's true....

Zzzzz

2 up and cruising, Fontaine gets injured, Gray loses his man and we lose a poor goal.

Bartley comes on to cover at centre half and looks like a lost wee bairn (understandable) completely goes walkabout for their second. We then go under the cosh until Lennon finally decides to move Bartley back into midefield and we start coming back into the game.

It's not disastrous as some (usual) posters are making out and their usual ***** starts getting spouted again. I think they just come on here to let off steam and look for a reaction.

High-On-Hibs
25-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Dunfermline had us by the short and curlies for a large part of that second half. We're lucky to get a point from that. Having a clown as a referee didn't help much though.

Waxy
25-02-2017, 07:01 PM
Sometimes you just have to give credit to the opposition. They deserved their point.

Scorrie
25-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Totally agree. We have been whining all season about teams sitting back at Easter Road, was interesting to see how we played against a team that came at us. With a makeshift defence and a very dodgy referee we are where we were this morning with a game less to play. We have learnt that there's a lot of fight about the team, that even with a very dodgy ref we were at the end the sttacking force, and that this team stick up for each other. Oh and one wee addendum. Higginbotton has a face like a badly waxed f@nny!!! Just saying lol

Agree totally. My one wee criticism would be that Lennon should have freshened it up a bit perhaps with Keatings up front as looked an bit tired there

Heisenberg
25-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Zzzzz

2 up and cruising, Fontaine gets injured, Gray loses his man and we lose a poor goal.

Bartley comes on to cover at centre half and looks like a lost wee bairn (understandable) completely goes walkabout for their second. We then go under the cosh until Lennon finally decides to move Bartley back into midefield and we start coming back into the game.

It's not disastrous as some (usual) posters are making out and their usual ***** starts getting spouted again. I think they just come on here to let off steam and look for a reaction.

All valid points. The manager should be making a better change than Bartley to centre half who looked totally uncomfortable. The players should be playing a whole lot better than they did as well. The likes of McGinn looked like an entirely different player tonight. We were brutal against Ayr and Raith and have been on a number of different occasions throughout the season against teams we should have too much for.

We are currently seven clear but it should wrapped up, instead we'll have a tight end to the season with what looks like a threadbare defence.

hibee_girl
25-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Sometimes you just have to give credit to the opposition. They deserved their point.

Exactly, they didn't come to just put 10 men behind the ball. They actually played some good football at times.

Northernhibee
25-02-2017, 07:07 PM

Glad you find todays performance something to be happy with.

mmcclory02
25-02-2017, 07:07 PM
All valid points. The manager should be making a better change than Bartley to centre half who looked totally uncomfortable. The players should be playing a whole lot better than they did as well. The likes of McGinn looked like an entirely different player tonight. We were brutal against Ayr and Raith and have been on a number of different occasions throughout the season against teams we should have too much for.

We are currently seven clear but it should wrapped up, instead we'll have a tight end to the season with what looks like a threadbare defence.

To be honest didn't think mcginn played well against hearts the only difference was the rest of the team played well in that game and our "key" player didn't play well again

SaulGoodman
25-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Glad you find todays performance something to be happy with.

Wait the now let me scratch that saying off of my "Hibs net saying" bingo card.

I didn't say I was happy with the performance, I was raging. All I said is that you were a miserable *******.

The Captain....
25-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Absolute miracle we got out of that with a point in the end...the team shape went to pieces in the second half. Marciano bailed us out on more than a few occasions.

Not sure McGinn and Fyvie really work as a pairing in midfield...Pars midfield got the other side of them time and again. I doubt we'll ever see both play that poorly again.

Unbelievable how often results elsewhere seem to be going for us on this season...would have been delighted with maintaining the gap in the league and getting thru to the next round of the Cup if offered it at the beginning of this week.

B.H.F.C
25-02-2017, 07:16 PM
The lack of leadership on that pitch was appalling tonight.

The captain did nothing to try and get them going. And none of the experienced ones did anything at all to try and help with that. The just blankly looked at each other with nobody taking any responsibility whatsoever.

Hibby Bairn
25-02-2017, 07:20 PM
Dunfermline were excellent. Very lucky not to lose 5-2.

Players looked knackered. Hard to explain really.

Monopolyguy
25-02-2017, 07:20 PM
I get the feeling it's gonna be like this right untill the end of the season. We are the big scalp in this league and the so-called smaller teams teams are always going to raise their game against us, probably more so after this performance. I agree with Waxy though, credit to Dunfermline.

The Harp Awakes
25-02-2017, 07:21 PM
Dunfermline had us by the short and curlies for a large part of that second half. We're lucky to get a point from that. Having a clown as a referee didn't help much though.

Yep, completely agree. A point gained as Dunfy were the better team. My heart sank when I saw he was the ref. Looks and acts like a Hun to me and some of the decisions which went against us were a joke.

Hibernia&Alba
We fell apart when we went 2-0 up, and in the end were very fortunate to get a draw: two point blank saves from Marciano got us out of jail. Strange game indeed. Big chance missed, with Dundee United and Falkirk dropping points. Let's hope the last few draws don't come back to haunt us.

Malthibby
It was brutal in the end & too many players had 'mares, but it's difficult enough without a referee as bad as Beaton. I don't normally
suggest refs are anything worse than inept but that performance was shocking - they got every decision going ( as a for instance, why wasn't Higgonbottam
given a yellow for diving into the Dunny fans. He was obviously just celebrating but we are told it's an automatic yellow & he was already on a booking).
We started so well & it did go horribly wrong but we are still out in front, no-one's made a move on us so let's take a collective chill pill. Good thing was the
fans more or less stayed with the team, it does feel as if we are staying positive when things aren't working. Singing the SJM song when the poor sod was failing
to make a single pass stick was testimony to that, assuming it wasn't group irony.
More worried about Fontaine's injury; any news?
GG

Pete
25-02-2017, 07:23 PM

Need to move on. Tough one at St mirren next who are fighting for their lives.

mmcclory02
25-02-2017, 07:23 PM

The captain did nothing to try and get them going. And none of the experienced ones did anything at all to try and help with that. The just blankly looked at each other with nobody taking any responsibility whatsoever.

Probably cause the captain was feeling sorry for himself after giving away a goal and throughout the match he never looked comfortable at the ball at his feet and he never asked for the ball even when he was in plenty of space

Itsnoteasy
25-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Your point was that the players shouldn't be tired in the first place because they are professional athletes. At least you are admitting that was wrong.

You brought AM into equation. Someone who works, and plays a lot harder than most football players so no comparison. 90 mins on Wednesday then a couple of light training sessions. So they have worked about 8 hours this week. Sounds like a hard shift.

marinello59
25-02-2017, 07:28 PM
You brought AM into equation. Someone who works, and plays a lot harder than most football players so no comparison. 90 mins on Wednesday then a couple of light training sessions. So they have worked about 8 hours this week. Sounds like a hard shift.

I only brought him in to counter your point. Which you have effectively conceded. Cheers. :thumbsup:

eastmainsmsh
25-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Dunfermline were excellent. Very lucky not to lose 5-2.

Players looked knackered. Hard to explain really.

👍 Surprised Boyle got mom would've had keatings on earlier

wookie70
25-02-2017, 07:43 PM

Check back to last season around now. Before tonight there was only around 4 goals more conceded up to this point. You could argue all four were in one game against The Rangers. The defense have been great this year and were up to this point last year. The one big mistake Stubbs made was keeping our Keeper. Lennon sorted that out and tonight it saved us a point. Our Keepers are better but the defense was built under Stubbs not Lennon and continues to do a good job. Hats of to Lennon for seeing they were good enough and making them a bit better with a good Keeper. Pity he couldn't have done the same with the forward line or midfield.

leggeto
25-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Dunfermline played very well to be fair,we looked a little shocked to the response from the pars,maybe a bit tired from that epic on Wednesday so nothing gained or lost,we go to st mirren in midweek where will will pick up more points

Swedish hibee
25-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Why was Stevenson booked, yet Holt wasn't?

rcarter1
25-02-2017, 07:58 PM
It was brutal in the end & too many players had 'mares, but it's difficult enough without a referee as bad as Beaton. I don't normally
suggest refs are anything worse than inept but that performance was shocking - they got every decision going ( as a for instance, why wasn't Higgonbottam
given a yellow for diving into the Dunny fans. He was obviously just celebrating but we are told it's an automatic yellow & he was already on a booking).
We started so well & it did go horribly wrong but we are still out in front, no-one's made a move on us so let's take a collective chill pill. Good thing was the
fans more or less stayed with the team, it does feel as if we are staying positive when things aren't working. Singing the SJM song when the poor sod was failing
to make a single pass stick was testimony to that, assuming it wasn't group irony.
More worried about Fontaine's injury; any news?
GG

Good to see! With no more 1902 Monkeys, I think many people feel less hysterical about a misplaced pass or whatever. Its a good direction to be heading. Nonetheless, I dont think we could have done much from the stands about the second half today. They just didn't seem to have anything left in them. Something the players might reflect on today is just how important it is to quash the opposition morale when you go 2-0 up.

hibee_girl
25-02-2017, 08:08 PM

We wondered that at the game, Holt's looked worse than Stevenson's.

My Grandad's answer was 'because the ref's a clown' :greengrin

emerald green
25-02-2017, 08:17 PM

The bit in bold - I agree.

Furthermore, had our goalkeeper not produced a number (I lost count) of terrific saves Hibs would (and really should) have been on a heavy and embarrassing defeat.

Totally naive, as a team, to concede a goal straight after going two goals up, and once again Hibs started the second half of a football match in third gear, and conceded again straight away. What do they do and say at HT? Very lucky to get a draw.

Another player injured today and our squad is starting to look a bit thin.

Being 100% honest, I wasn't entirely surprised by what happened. This league is quite competitive, albeit the quality isn't very good.

It's looking like this could go to the wire. How many times are Hibs going to drop the ball?

greenlex
25-02-2017, 08:38 PM

Booked for squaring up to the prick that hauled him back. Actually locked horns at one point. Possibly the most animated I've ever seen him.

ForeverHibs93
25-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Interesting to see people slating the ref, I thought he done us as turn as Fyvie could have easily been sent off, no intention of playing the ball and from behind. The boys retaliation equally should have been a red as well, but you can't just ignore Fyvies challenge, it was a shocker.

greenlex
25-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Interesting to see people slating the ref, I thought he done us as turn as Fyvie could have easily been sent off, no intention of playing the ball and from behind. The boys retaliation equally should have been a red as well, but you can't just ignore Fyvies challenge, it was a shocker.

No chance it was a red card challenge in the middle of the park.

Kavinho
25-02-2017, 09:11 PM

Yellow was correct

snedzuk
25-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Whore are the league leaders here???

Sounds like an interesting league!

leggeto
25-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Sounds like an interesting league!

Lol interesting league table

Lago
25-02-2017, 09:50 PM
Dunfermline did play well for substantial parts of the game, however towards the later part of the second half Hibs were certainly getting on top & at that point Dunfermline started to change tactics, fouling & feigning injury with the Ref giving them a helping hand. Perfect example was when Hibs cleared the ball from their penalty area & broke down the right, Dunfermline player went down no one near him & ref stopped play. Why not a head knock, one of many poor poor decisions.

beensaidbefore
25-02-2017, 09:54 PM

Ref actually called that right IMO. Albeit the guy booked wasn't the one who grabbed fyvie by the throat.

I also think he got the Holt one right later in the game. By the looks of things there was a clash of heads and Holt was saying get up. Another guy comes over grabbing and barging Holt. Shake of the hands was best outcome and saved both teams a stupid booking.

Bishop Hibee
25-02-2017, 09:59 PM
We were playing well until Fontaine's injury. The defence were unsettled and Grays fresh air swipe let them in the game. A tactical error by Lennon putting Bartley at CH let them run riot. Add Fyvie having the worst game of any Hibs player so far this season and we were lucky to be drawing until the point Crane came on for Fyvie and Bartley steadied the midfield. Really in trouble if Fontaine is out for the next 2 games.

At least we are still 7 points ahead and Rocky is a top keeper.

hibbie02
25-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Absolutely woeful performance in the second half. What is the lowest points total a team has won the Championship with? Are we aiming to beat that record?

wookie70
25-02-2017, 10:28 PM
No chance it was a red card challenge in the middle of the park. FFs tackle was nasty, from behind and with a player running away from him into a promising area. It could easily have been a red. I also think Holt could get in bother for his of the ball kick/tackle near the end. He did brilliantly to chase the boy back but when the boy went again he just took him out right behind the ref. Beaton was shocking but a few decisions did go our way and I wouldn't say he had that much to do with the result.

chrisdocherty
25-02-2017, 10:47 PM
a Video of Cummings Penalty if anyone hasn't seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqhFLLe5LcA

BSEJVT
26-02-2017, 05:07 AM
Over the two games I have seen them at ER Dunfermline are comfortably the best team we have played in this league.

Even at 2-0 I wouldn't concede we were all over them

I wouldn't be too critical of Hibs as its clear that we are down to the bare bones, I wonder how many wouldn't have played today if we had more options.

They managed to find all sorts of space between the midfield and defence and individually we had too many players have nightmares.

Stevenson never gets a chasing of anyone but did today of Higginbotham, but as usual he gave it his all.

Things that concerned me about today:

It was clear to me fairly early on that they were totally bossing the midfield and we didn't address this at all until Bartley moved into midfield and even then they still had the better of it for the most part.

It easy to get on Shinnie's back but he was comfortably the best of that midfield, right up until final execution

Has Lennon never tried Bartley in defence in training, I love big Marvin but he was absolutely brutal there and was all over the place positionally.

We are painfully short of bodies and the bench offered absolutely nothing, I cant understand why our transfer business has been so poor and so minimal.

Hibs have some really good players, the reason they aren't playing at a higher level is that they aren't really good players every week.

I don't believe that it is a lack of desire or anything as I would never fault their effort but IMO they aren't capable of delivering performances week in week out

We will still win this league as we overlook that teams around us are and will drop points for the same reasons as we do, injuries, tiredness and pressure to deliver but its going to be a pressured end to the season in which we cannot afford any more injuries

Plus points

Marciano- at last a keeper worthy of the jersey

Crane - did Brilliantly, playing out of position in a team getting a chasing