PDA

View Full Version : What Taboo (NHC)

Colr
25-02-2017, 04:59 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39076539

Is there a taboo? I don't think there is. Its nice that someone would take there baby to the football. Although the atmosphere might be a bit scarey for them, breadtfeeding is neither here nor there as an issue! On you go!

iwasthere1972
25-02-2017, 05:04 AM

Is there a taboo? I don't think there is. Its nice that someone would take there baby to the football. Although the atmosphere might be a bit scarey for them, breadtfeeding is neither here nor there as an issue! On you go!

SNP MP Alison Thewliss wants all football clubs in Scotland to declare their stadiums breastfeeding-friendly.

Tynecastle already meets these standards with its brother/sister facilities.

LustForLeith
25-02-2017, 05:40 AM
Anything to beat queing at the pie stalls for twenty minutes to get something that tastes like greasy wool is alright by me.

Pete
25-02-2017, 06:22 AM
This just seems like someone wanting to advertise their "right on" credentials at the expense of an easy target...the big, bad, last stronghold of chauvinism and sexism that is the British football crowd.

**** off with your "taboo" nonsense. All this must come from those who know absolutely nothing about attending regularly if they think this would be some sort of issue.

Insulting to say the very least. Go to somewhere like the rugby and try again.

ColinNish
25-02-2017, 06:28 AM

Really? I could only imagine the look on some folks faces if a female started breastfeeding beside them at a match. Not only that, some baby screaming and crying whilst you're trying to watch a match?

H18 SFR
25-02-2017, 06:30 AM
I'm having to take my 1 year old daughter to the Ayr game as her mother is on a Hen-doo all weekend in Newcastle. No way I'm missing the game. Il refrain from getting my hairy man-breast out.

lucky
25-02-2017, 06:40 AM
Can't say I've seen many babies at football. I'm also not sure it's an environment I'd have wanted my daughter at when she was a baby, to cold and noisy. Also seems an unnecessary expense for clubs.

ColinNish
25-02-2017, 06:44 AM
Can't say I've seen many babies at football. I'm also not sure it's an environment I'd have wanted my daughter at when she was a baby, to cold and noisy. Also seems an unnecessary expense for clubs.

What expense is there for clubs??

Colr
25-02-2017, 06:49 AM
Really? I could only imagine the look on some folks faces if a female started breastfeeding beside them at a match. Not only that, some baby screaming and crying whilst you're trying to watch a match?

I've seen plenty of screaming and crying at football matches. It would belnd right in.

Anyway, your their to watch the game not the supporters next to you.

CropleyWasGod
25-02-2017, 06:50 AM
What expense is there for clubs??
The costs of the stewarding time making sure that it's the baby's name on the ST?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Colr
25-02-2017, 06:53 AM

Not sure what the expense is but you're right, I've never seen a baby at a match. My son was about 5 when he first went and it was an international friendly rather than an industrial league match against a shower of sectarian Neanderthals such as is often the fayre in the Scottish premiership.

ColinNish
25-02-2017, 07:06 AM
I've seen plenty of screaming and crying at football matches. It would belnd right in.

Anyway, your their to watch the game not the supporters next to you.

Yes you are absolutely right that you are there to watch a match but don't kid yourself on that folk wouldn't be looking.

500miles
25-02-2017, 07:10 AM
Who is daft enough to take a baby to a football match? It's cold, loud and can get aggressive.
I've never understood the objection to public breastfeeding, but the issue shouldn't even arise at a football match.

MickeyEdwards
25-02-2017, 07:20 AM

Only the attention seeking SNP, looking to deflect attention from their appalling performance in all aspects of trying (but failing) to govern Scotland competently as they seek to take the Scottish people to economic Armageddon and huge austerity that no living Scot has ever seen, could come up with this sort of "idea"!

i've never seen a baby still breast feeding at ER or any football ground other than in private hospitality box areas, a tiny proportion of the football match attending public.

The SNP should get on with the day to day running of key Scotland issues like the NHS, the Education of our children and young people and the Police amongst others before suggesting solving yet another irrelevant "issue" popping up in the tiny minds of one of their "politicians"!

Rant over! :cb

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 07:38 AM
Who is daft enough to take a baby to a football match? It's cold, loud and can get aggressive.
I've never understood the objection to public breastfeeding, but the issue shouldn't even arise at a football match.

I agree 100% but I had the misfortune to sit in the West stand for our recent game against Ayr and there was a couple with a newborn parading about with it in a car seat. I remember thinking it was weird and a risk to the kid.

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 07:40 AM
Only the attention seeking SNP, looking to deflect attention from their appalling performance in all aspects of trying (but failing) to govern Scotland competently as they seek to take the Scottish people to economic Armageddon and huge austerity that no living Scot has ever seen, could come up with this sort of "idea"!

i've never seen a baby still breast feeding at ER or any football ground other than in private hospitality box areas, a tiny proportion of the football match attending public.

The SNP should get on with the day to day running of key Scotland issues like the NHS, the Education of our children and young people and the Police amongst others before suggesting solving yet another irrelevant "issue" popping up in the tiny minds of one of their "politicians"!

I'm sorry but breastfeeding is a "day to day issue". Maybe not for you, but it is for hundreds of thousands of women in Scotland.

Keith_M
25-02-2017, 08:06 AM
I'm sorry but breastfeeding is a "day to day issue". Maybe not for you, but it is for hundreds of thousands of women in Scotland.

But surely not at a football match, unless you know many women that take their babies to games.

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 08:10 AM
But surely not at a football match, unless you know many women that take their babies to games.

No, but my post above shows that people DO take their babies to the football.
And maybe women don't because of the breastfeeding taboo.

Colr
25-02-2017, 08:12 AM

But there isn't a taboo. They can take their babies where they want and feed them when they want.

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 08:13 AM
But there isn't a taboo. They can take their babies where they want and feed them when they want.

There is a taboo. I've spoken to loads of women who have been asked to move in restaurants, shops, parks, anywhere public when they are breastfeeding.

Don Giovanni
25-02-2017, 08:25 AM
There is a taboo. I've spoken to loads of women who have been asked to move in restaurants, shops, parks, anywhere public when they are breastfeeding.

If this occurred I hope the companies or individuals involved were named and shamed.

Having said that, we have a one year old and neither us nor friends with babies have had this kind of an issue.

Lastly, taking a baby to the football is frankly selfish.

emerald green
25-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Seriously and honestly, how many women who are breast feeding a baby, will take that baby to a football match with them? :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
25-02-2017, 08:43 AM

Of course it's a day to day issue.

Which makes it all the more baffling that this story specifically targets football clubs, an environment where there are likely to be far less children of breastfeeding age than several other public places.

Rather than ask all football clubs to declare themselves 'bresastfeeding friendly' or whatever the wording is, again an environment where it is likely to be an issue a handful of times a year at most, why not make it a broader request for all communal public spaces, where it is safe to do so, to set aside facilities, areas and 'safe spaces' for breastfeeding mums?

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 08:46 AM
Of course it's a day to day issue.

Which makes it all the more baffling that this story specifically targets football clubs, an environment where there are likely to be far less children of breastfeeding age than several other public places.

Rather than ask all football clubs to declare themselves 'bresastfeeding friendly' or whatever the wording is, again an environment where it is likely to be an issue a handful of times a year at most, why not make it a broader request for all communal public spaces, where it is safe to do so, to set aside facilities, areas and 'safe spaces' for breastfeeding mums?

Why should football clubs not be forward thinking and help pioneer this, though? I don't think it's unreasonable. I'm not a mother and I don't like children but I do like equality and progress, especially in a sport that is generally dominated by straight, white males.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
25-02-2017, 08:48 AM

Habe you spoken to many who wereasked not to do it a football match?

Maybe we could have a new mothers section next to the new singing section?

Colr
25-02-2017, 08:51 AM

Tht's not a taboo. That's individual ********s who belong in another era. They're best told to **** off!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
25-02-2017, 08:51 AM
Why should football clubs not be forward thinking and help pioneer this, though? I don't think it's unreasonable. I'm not a mother and I don't like children but I do like equality and progress, especially in a sport that is generally dominated by straight, white males.

Its dominated by straight, white males because the vast majority of males in scotland are straight, and white.

Plus do you know if the person sitting next to you is gay or not? Were they not sitting in the 'fellate your gay partner section' atbthe time?

Quite a few of my female relatives go, or habe gone to the fitba. Funnily enough, many stopped when they had kids. Must habe been the lack of breast feeding facilities i supppse...

Colr
25-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Habe you spoken to many who wereasked not to do it a football match?

Maybe we could have a new mothers section next to the new singing section?

'Wind the jambos up, Wind the Jambos up...."

Pretty Boy
25-02-2017, 08:52 AM

Football clubs can make an announcement that they are brestfeeding friendly and be seen as forward thinking if they like. It will have zero impact on about 99.9% of breastfeeding ladies though.

If it's as big an issue in day to day life as is often claimed then it needs far more than a few empty words and a policy from a group of businesses that attract almost no mother and baby groups.

Colr
25-02-2017, 08:54 AM
Football clubs can make an announcement that they are brestfeeding friendly and be seen as forward thinking if they like. It will have zero impact on about 99.9% of breastfeeding ladies though.

If it's as big an issue in day to day life as is often claimed then it needs far more than a few empty words and a policy from a group of businesses that attract almost no mother and baby groups.

That's about the size of it.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
25-02-2017, 08:59 AM
'Wind the jambos up, Wind the Jambos up...."

Ha ha ha, brilliant!

MickeyEdwards
25-02-2017, 09:02 AM

I have children and am fully aware of the breastfeeding issues for mothers. :agree:

Have you?

That wasn't the point as you well jknow.

How many mothers with children needing to be breast fed have you seen in ER seeking to do that?

WhileTheChief..
25-02-2017, 09:05 AM
The government makes me go 90 mins without a smoke.

I'm sure the babies can go 90 mins without their mouth clamped to a teat?

How about feeding your bairn before you go out, like normal people would do. Better still, stay at home and look after it and give the rest of us peace.

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Its dominated by straight, white males because the vast majority of males in scotland are straight, and white.

Plus do you know if the person sitting next to you is gay or not? Were they not sitting in the 'fellate your gay partner section' atbthe time?

Quite a few of my female relatives go, or habe gone to the fitba. Funnily enough, many stopped when they had kids. Must habe been the lack of breast feeding facilities i supppse...

No but I know I'm gay and female but that's not entirely relevant to this discussion. I'm not sure why you're so annoyed by all of this. How does it impact you in any way if women are made to feel safe when feeding their babies at the football? Yes, it's not something you see often, if ever, but that could well be because they naturally assume they'd be moved and made to feel like criminals like they do elsewhere for doing the same thing.

I don't see what the big deal is, if women want to take their babies and feed them then they should be able to. The incentive might not see an increase of breastfeeding women at the fitbaw but I support ANY effort made by our authorities to make ALL of our support welcome and safe at our ground.

GreenOnions
25-02-2017, 09:12 AM
I'm having to take my 1 year old daughter to the Ayr game as her mother is on a Hen-doo all weekend in Newcastle. No way I'm missing the game. Il refrain from getting my hairy man-breast out.

A "Hen-doo"? Is that the term used to describe a party in honour of Liam?

Colr
25-02-2017, 09:13 AM
No but I know I'm gay and female but that's not entirely relevant to this discussion. I'm not sure why you're so annoyed by all of this. How does it impact you in any way if women are made to feel safe when feeding their babies at the football? Yes, it's not something you see often, if ever, but that could well be because they naturally assume they'd be moved and made to feel like criminals like they do elsewhere for doing the same thing.

I don't see what the big deal is, if women want to take their babies and feed them then they should be able to. The incentive might not see an increase of breastfeeding women at the fitbaw but I support ANY effort made by our authorities to make ALL of our support welcome and safe at our ground.

I'd go long with that. If a woman wants to breastfeed at a football match its up to them. Anyone who gives her a hard time about it should be ejected.

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 09:13 AM

I mostly agree but I disagree about it having "zero impact", equality movements that have changed the world have been started on less. It would go a long way to altering the public perception of football clubs and fans.

ColinNish
25-02-2017, 09:20 AM

How many are "loads"? I think your exaggerating. It's against the law in Scotland to ask a mother not to breastfeed in public.

easty
25-02-2017, 09:23 AM
I mostly agree but I disagree about it having "zero impact", equality movements that have changed the world have been started on less. It would go a long way to altering the public perception of football clubs and fans.

Equality movement....

There's not a "no breastfeeding" policy at Easter Road at the moment. So there's not an equality issue there.

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 09:24 AM
How many are "loads"? I think your exaggerating. It's against the law in Scotland to ask a mother not to breastfeed in public.

It's also against the law in Scotland to abuse people for their sexuality, race and gender but it happens daily.
"Loads" is around the 15-20 mark. I don't interact much with mothers so it's mostly around the water cooler chat at work. I witnessed it first hand in restaurants several times over the festive period, too.

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 09:26 AM
Clearly I'm wasting my time here.

sleeping giant
25-02-2017, 09:26 AM
Yes you are absolutely right that you are there to watch a match but don't kid yourself on that folk wouldn't be looking.

Looking at someone breastfeeding ? Seriously ?

I might be missing something here but what would they be looking for ?

Keith_M
25-02-2017, 09:27 AM

Sorry Deb but I don't think there's any evidence to support that assertion.

I have two children and the thought of taking them to football matches before the age of 5 never even crossed my mind.

While the specific age will vary, I'd say that's quite a common tale, and has been repeated on here a number of times over the years.

FWIW, I think breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world. However, this is an invented issue (the football specific issue in the OP) that does the rights of Mothers', and Women in general, no favours.

The boy who cried wolf springs to mind.

People have different opinions to you, it doesn't necessarily make them wrong. Most people seem to be giving their POV in a reasoned and logical manner.

Reasoned debate is surely a good thing.

easty
25-02-2017, 09:29 AM

I reckon there's probably the odd case of it happening, but the vast majority of breastfeeding mothers will do it where they want, with no problems.

You'll always get bampots who are asked to stop breastfeeding their bairn while getting a tooth removed at the dentist or when on a diving board at a swimming pool, who'll go runnning to the Daily Mail screaming their human rights are being violated, but mostly I think society is pretty unbothered by breastfeeding nowadays.

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Sorry Deb but I don't think there's any evidence to support that assertion.

I have two children and the thought of taking them to football matches before the age of 5 never even crossed my mind.

While the specific age will vary, I'd say that's quite a common tale, and has been repeated on here a number of times over the years.

FWIW, I think breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world. However, this is an invented issue (the football specific issue in the OP) that does the rights of Mothers', and Women in general, no favours.

The boy who cried wolf springs to mind.

There's pictures of the said couple and their newborn on the Hibspaige group on Facebook. I couldn't believe it when I saw them at the match. But for what it's worth, the staff and stewards at Hibs seemed great with them all.

sleeping giant
25-02-2017, 09:30 AM

That's a bit strong :greengrin
You don't like children !!

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 09:32 AM
That's a bit strong :greengrin
You don't like children !!

Only on toast 😉

Keith_M
25-02-2017, 09:32 AM
There's pictures of the said couple and their newborn on the Hibspaige group on Facebook. I couldn't believe it when I saw them at the match. But for what it's worth, the staff and stewards at Hibs seemed great with them all.

Which means clubs have no problem with it then, so I don't see the issue here.

Andy74
25-02-2017, 09:35 AM
Why not take a baby to football? When young enough the noise won't bother them one bit and why should new parents stay at home instead of going to watch the Hibs?

I doubt most folk would even notice a mum breastfeeding, or care either way.

It's no more an issue at football than anywhere else.

liscious_hibs
25-02-2017, 09:35 AM
It's also against the law in Scotland to abuse people for their sexuality, race and gender but it happens daily.
"Loads" is around the 15-20 mark. I don't interact much with mothers so it's mostly around the water cooler chat at work. I witnessed it first hand in restaurants several times over the festive period, too.
This. I'm a bar/Restaurant Manager and a customer once asked me to ask someone to stop breastfeeding as it was putting him off his lunch (her kid had been going radge before, proper screaming bloody murder so obviously very hungry) so I proceeded to then get this bigoted fud two takeaway boxes and promptly told him if he has a problem he knows where the door is.

This is a non issue. Everyone's allowed to breastfeed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 09:38 AM
Which means clubs have no problem with it then, so I don't see the issue here.

Nor do I, but people seem to think making an official warm welcome to these people is something to moan about.

Jay
25-02-2017, 10:02 AM
I am sure if a woman contacted the club in advance asking for somewhere private to feed her baby they would be more than happy to work something out, in fact im sure most clubs, if not all would do the same.
To say its a taboo is putting an issue where there really isnt one, Ive not known or heard of one woman not going to a game because she couldnt breastfeed, theres so many other options for what is only a couple of hours.

ColinNish
25-02-2017, 10:44 AM
There are 15-20 breastfeeding mothers at your work?
That must be some size of a place you work in.

Cat Stanton
25-02-2017, 10:55 AM

Zzzzzzzzz....

I met this MP a couple of times (and I have nothing to do with the snp) and she seemed a decent person. The other stuff she has campaigned about has seemed sensible too. And she doesn't come across as "attention-seeking" in the way you suggest.

Rising above the politics for a second, I think her point is about "normalising" (w*nk-word, I know, sorry) breastfeeding in ALL aspects of society, be that football matches, cinemas, libraries, whatever. I don't think anyone sensible would argue that that's a good thing.

Colr
25-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Why not take a baby to football? When young enough the noise won't bother them one bit and why should new parents stay at home instead of going to watch the Hibs?

I doubt most folk would even notice a mum breastfeeding, or care either way.

It's no more an issue at football than anywhere else.

Ould take them to see Arsenal. Nice and quiet there.

MickeyEdwards
25-02-2017, 01:09 PM
Zzzzzzzzz....

I met this MP a couple of times (and I have nothing to do with the snp) and she seemed a decent person. The other stuff she has campaigned about has seemed sensible too. And she doesn't come across as "attention-seeking" in the way you suggest.

Rising above the politics for a second, I think her point is about "normalising" (w*nk-word, I know, sorry) breastfeeding in ALL aspects of society, be that football matches, cinemas, libraries, whatever. I don't think anyone sensible would argue that that's a good thing.

Very interesting that you have met this lady and that, despite having nothing to do with the SNP, you know what she matters she campaigns for? :rolleyes:

How many babies requiring breastfeeding during the football match attendance timeline attend football matches regularly (at each gme for example) in Scotland?

I've been attending football macthes for a long number of years and have never seen a baby of breastfeeding age at a game apart from in private hospitality boxes.

This is just another theoretical "point of principle' for those who have little worthwhile to fill there time with from the least effective Government that Scotland has had for many years in terms of everything but seeking to divide the Scottish people pursuing their unproven with economic facts sole purpose of the hoplessly incompetent governing lead party, the SNP!

Lets get the relevant facts "on the table" please before people get carried away about this being a huge issue for breastfeeding Mum's at football matches with their pre toddler babies!

beensaidbefore
25-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Are we looking for the club to created dedicated breastfeeding feeding areas?

ColinNish
25-02-2017, 01:13 PM
Very interesting that you have met this lady and that, despite having nothing to do with the SNP, you know what she matters she campaigns for? :rolleyes:

How many babies requiring breastfeeding during the football match attendance timeline attend football matches regularly (at each gme for example) in Scotland?

I've been attending football macthes for a long number of years and have never seen a baby of breastfeeding age at a game apart from in private hospitality boxes.

This is just another theoretical "point of principle' for those who have little worthwhile to fill there time with from the least effective Government that Scotland has had for many years in terms of everything but seeking to divide the Scottish people pursuing their unproven with economic facts sole purpose of the hoplessly incompetent governing lead party, the SNP!

Lets get the relevant facts "on the table" please before people get carried away about this being a huge issue for breastfeeding Mum's at football matches with their pre toddler babies!

Good for you turning this into a rant about the SNP. 👏👏👏

snooky
To put it crudely, we see enough tits at football matches as it it without exposing us to more, thank you

ColinNish
Are we looking for the club to created dedicated breastfeeding feeding areas?

No

Cat Stanton
25-02-2017, 01:25 PM

Zzzzzzzz no. 2.

I've met politicians from different parties - it happens in my job.

And I read the newspapers, and keep with what's happening in the world.

You should calm down a little. You'll do yourself an injury.

beensaidbefore
25-02-2017, 01:29 PM
Nor do I, but people seem to think making an official warm welcome to these people is something to moan about.

Cos there is no need. It's making an issue out of something that affects less than 0.001% of those visiting Easter Road. It's another example of someone wanting to chip away at the misogyny that exists in society, by creating a hypothetical 'problem' to get folk frothing at the mouth.

MickeyEdwards
25-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Zzzzzzzz no. 2.

I've met politicians from different parties - it happens in my job.

And I read the newspapers, and keep with what's happening in the world.

You should calm down a little. You'll do yourself an injury.

Why spend your time on patronising guff when you could attempt to answer the very reasonable points which I raised please. That shouldn't be too hard for you.

beensaidbefore
25-02-2017, 01:36 PM
No

OK. Not sure why we couldn't do it then. Add an extra line in the match day programme saying if you feel the need to bring your new born child to watch football in the cold, loud and wholly unsuitable environment of a football ground then feel free.

superfurryhibby
25-02-2017, 01:37 PM

Now don't spit the dummy oot.

The point has been raised, people expressed their views. There is overwhelming support of the right of women to breastfeed in public, but people are also highlighting the lack of need for something which is more about politically correct posturing in the context of football.

It's this kind of Tim Kite which reactionary forces use to discredit those who advocate progressive social change. Lets not play into their hands.

hibeelin
25-02-2017, 01:37 PM
My daughter breastfed both her children in many shops, restaurants etc, discreetly under a shawl and was never asked to move once. Did she breastfeed in the East Stand where her st is, no. Not because of any stupid made up taboo, but because she wouldnt take small babies to the football. She left them at home with either their daddy or grandpa, with sufficient milk, and she and I (her mother) would go to the games and be able to concentrate on the game. . Breastfeeding is something to be enjoyed by mother and baby, not being pushed and shoved by a 15,000 crowd. Taboo what rubbish!

beensaidbefore
25-02-2017, 01:38 PM
My daughter breastfed both her children in many shops, restaurants etc, discreetly under a shawl and was never asked to move once. Did she breastfeed in the East Stand where her st is, no. Not because of any stupid made up taboo, but because she wouldnt take small babies to the football. She left them at home with either their daddy or grandpa, with sufficient milk, and her and I (her mother) would go to the games and be able to concentrate on the game. . Breastfeeding is something to be enjoyed by mother and baby, not being pushed and shoved by a 15,000 crowd. Taboo what rubbish!

Most sensible post on this thread.

MickeyEdwards
25-02-2017, 01:52 PM
Good for you turning this into a rant about the SNP. 👏👏👏

It is generally the unqualified for duty as a MP or MSP, let alone a "Ministerial Role" that the SNP attract that have little else that they are capable of doing that raise these sorts of "issues" that need to stop and have a think about looking at the relevant data before setting dying hares running!

On the SNP, do you agree the the failed divorce solicitor FM has a Formal Duty of her Public Office to ensure that she fully informs ALL of the Scottish people HONESTLY about the economics of any independent Scotland proposal before any 2nd Referendum is considered?

Cat Stanton
25-02-2017, 01:53 PM
Why spend your time on patronising guff when you could attempt to answer the very reasonable points which I raised please. That shouldn't be too hard for you.

You're a great laugh.

I was answering your point about why I had met the MP, and how I was aware of her campaigns.

As for the rest of it, I made my point earlier ie that it was about normalising breastfeeding in society. I agree with that, and don't think it's a big deal - certainly not worth all the frothing you seem to be doing about it.

Over and out...

MickeyEdwards
25-02-2017, 01:55 PM
My daughter breastfed both her children in many shops, restaurants etc, discreetly under a shawl and was never asked to move once. Did she breastfeed in the East Stand where her st is, no. Not because of any stupid made up taboo, but because she wouldnt take small babies to the football. She left them at home with either their daddy or grandpa, with sufficient milk, and she and I (her mother) would go to the games and be able to concentrate on the game. . Breastfeeding is something to be enjoyed by mother and baby, not being pushed and shoved by a 15,000 crowd. Taboo what rubbish!

100% spot on! :aok:

Hibbyradge
25-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Anything to beat queing at the pie stalls for twenty minutes to get something that tastes like greasy wool is alright by me.

Ooh, hark at you, obviously in hospitality.

ColinNish
25-02-2017, 02:30 PM
It is generally the unqualified for duty as a MP or MSP, let alone a "Ministerial Role" that the SNP attract that have little else that they are capable of doing that raise these sorts of "issues" that need to stop and have a think about looking at the relevant data before setting dying hares running!

On the SNP, do you agree the the failed divorce solicitor FM has a Formal Duty of her Public Office to ensure that she fully informs ALL of the Scottish people HONESTLY about the economics of any independent Scotland proposal before any 2nd Referendum is considered?

Dude, i do not care to have a discussion with you about the SNP on this thread about breastfeeding at the football.

cabbageandribs1875
25-02-2017, 02:33 PM

you ignorant fool

Lago
25-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Nonsense, pure rubbish political correctness.:confused:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
25-02-2017, 02:54 PM

I agree with you, its not a big deal at all.

Which is why i object to a grandstanding MP whose wages i pay, using her position to make pathetic arguments that, by definition villify and my fellow fans as some sort of neanderthals.

What is more, i would go as far as to say a mother who took a nursing infant to the fitba is verging on negligent, its a ridiculous idea, and its a ridiculous comment from alison thewliss.

As others have pointed out, her time would be better used making appropriate points about genuine issues facing society.

heretoday
25-02-2017, 03:09 PM
I can't see many nursing mums wanting to come to the football.

MickeyEdwards
25-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Dude, i do not care to have a discussion with you about the SNP on this thread about breastfeeding at the football.

I'll take that as a "NO" to the second point!

There is no discussion about breastfeeding at football - it simply doesn't happen in line with the content of the sensible posts on here concentrating on facts, reality and data and not emotional misguidance as the justification for such provision were it proved to be necessary!

ColinNish
25-02-2017, 04:36 PM
I'll take that as a "NO" to the second point!

There is no discussion about breastfeeding at football - it simply doesn't happen in line with the content of the sensible posts on here concentrating on facts, reality and data and not emotional misguidance as the justification for such provision were it proved to be necessary!

Don't take it as a no, i am honestly not interested in your ranting about the SNP on a thread that has hee haw to do with politics. And before you retort on that one let me explain to you that i have no interest in politics.