John Beaton is the referee.

snooky
24-02-2017, 11:58 PM
John Beaton is the referee.

Jeez, I hope his name is no' an omen. :cool2:

houstonhibbee
25-02-2017, 12:25 AM
Jeez, I hope his name is no' an omen. :cool2:
Sent Cummings off at ibrox forvnothing iirc?

Borderhibbie76
25-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Sent Cummings off at ibrox forvnothing iirc?
It was Handling mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

houstonhibbee
25-02-2017, 11:55 AM
It was Handling mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Hope he has a better game today. Don't think we've had him much this season?

houstonhibbee
25-02-2017, 06:22 PM
Hope he has a better game today. Don't think we've had him much this season?
Terrible performance again. He is definitely anti hibs.

Scottie
25-02-2017, 06:27 PM
He's a poor excuse of a ref and he's meant to be one of our best Scotland. Thought he was shocking tonight.

MWHIBBIES
25-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Disgrace, totally lost the plot

pontius pilate
25-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Shocking absolutely shocking performance from him tonight. Have nothing and let them a way with murder and timewasting/play acting

RoslinInstHibby
25-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Disgrace, totally lost the plot

He was absolutely shocking

madhatter
25-02-2017, 06:32 PM

I'd like to hear his explanation for why it took head to head confrontations with their players to get them booked for anything. It was as if he didn't want to book them unless he got to book one of us...

Embarrassing. Did the player that took Fontaine out get booked? Game changing moment injuring a player, any punishment for the team that committed the foul? No.

All game at every foul they committed it was "calm down"... Not even a real warning just "calm down".

He is either corrupt or incompetent, either way if Scottish football wants to improve these type of referees need binned. Jobs for the boys!

houstonhibbee
25-02-2017, 06:35 PM
I'd like to hear his explanation for why it took head to head confrontations with their players to get them booked for anything. It was as if he didn't want to book them unless he got to book one of us...

Embarrassing. Did the player that took Fontaine out get booked? Game changing moment injuring a player, any punishment for the team that committed the foul? No.

All game at every foul they committed it was "calm down"... Not even a real warning just "calm down".

He is either corrupt or incompetent, either way if Scottish football wants to improve these type of referees need binned. Jobs for the boys!
Craig Thompson is arguably inept but this guy has it in for Hibs. Sent Handling off at Ibrox for nothing two seasons ago.

madhatter
25-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Forgot to mention and this probably deserves its own comment anyway, anybody else notice the moment this dodgy referee really showed his true colours?

Number 18 for them went down when they were attacking, he saw, ignored and let them attack to see if they could still get a goal. We win the ball off them and start to counter, he then blows and goes to check how number 18 is doing. Dodgy is the least I can say about Beaton.

hibee_girl
25-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Ruined the game.

Joe6-2
25-02-2017, 06:38 PM
I'm absolutely sick of the refereeing standards, but especially as ****** all is ever done about it!! Fans can't change things, we are just left raging at the complete ineptitude and downright cheating of these clowns

cabbageandribs1875
25-02-2017, 06:38 PM
Forgot to mention and this probably deserves its own comment anyway, anybody else notice the moment this dodgy referee really showed his true colours?

Number 18 for them went down when they were attacking, he saw, ignored and let them attack to see if they could still get a goal. We win the ball of them and start to counter, he then blows and goes to check how number 18 is doing. Dodgy is the least I can say about Beaton.

a non-head injury and should have played on :agree: he done this against us on wednesday as well...TWICE

TRC
25-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Must be a The Rangers fan
Just checked born in Motherwell.

Deansy
25-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Beaton - just another p*ss-poor referee in a looooooong line of p*ss-poor referees.

Joe6-2
25-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Must be a The Rangers fan
Just checked born in Motherwell.

He is then!

houstonhibbee
25-02-2017, 06:53 PM
Beaton - just another p*ss-poor referee in a looooooong line of p*ss-poor referees.
I don't think he's p*ss poor at all, I think he knows exactly what he's doing...............

RoYO!
25-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Worst official all season.

stoneyburn hibs
25-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Worst official all season.

Agree in spades, absolute inept ********.

matty_f
25-02-2017, 07:20 PM
He was a disgrace.

kaimendhibs
25-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Worst ref ive seen in ages. Higginbottom ahould have had 2nd yellow for going in crowd then he hacked down Lewis and Beaton completely ignored it. Plus all the other howlers. Cheat imo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

McBHibee
25-02-2017, 07:51 PM
Are referees routinely drug tested because Beaton was officiating as if he was on something. He could see things nobody else could. The Casper moment in the first half when Fyvie did not even challenge McMullan but he flew up in the air, Beaton the only one who saw it as a foul rather than a dive.:confused:

Scott Allan Key
25-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Worst referee in Scotland and that's saying something. Were two Hibs players grabbed by throat (violent conduct- red card); Fyvie and Stevenson, but they were both booked along with Pars players?

CMurdoch
25-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Looked like he lost control of the game although not as badly as Hibs did!
Will watch a rerun of the game and decide how bad he was after that.

snooky
25-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Worst referee in Scotland and that's saying something. Were two Hibs players grabbed by throat (violent conduct- red card); Fyvie and Stevenson, but they were both booked along with Pars players?
The guy definitely had an agenda. Ridiculous also when Holt bumped together with Dunfy defender and he gave them the foul. A truly dreadful performance of refereeing. The trouble is, we are starting to accept this as the norm.

Carheenlea
25-02-2017, 08:07 PM

For the Fyvie incident, I actually thought at first it was the referee himself that had him round the throat! Given his inept performance it wouldn't really have been that much of a surprise if that was indeed the case.. Two clear red card offences, and a shirking of responsibility on the referees behalf.

emerald green
25-02-2017, 08:24 PM
I have been a severe critic of referees on this forum, and Beaton was poor today, as usual.

But folk need to stop clutching at straws, and blaming the referee every time the team has a poor result. Hibs threw away yet another two points today at home after being two goals in the lead due to some naive and poor defending.

Only a mixture of superb goalkeeping, a large slice of luck, and some poor finishing from DAFC saved Hibs from a heavy defeat.

The lad McMullan ran Hibs defence ragged all afternoon.

TheMentalHibees
25-02-2017, 08:25 PM
This isn't a thread to blame him for the result, just to state he was utter pish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatHead
25-02-2017, 08:27 PM
This isn't a thread to blame him for the result, just to state he was utter pish.

Agree

snooky
25-02-2017, 08:35 PM

That's unfair to pish, btw.

25-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Dreadful today. As you say, not to blame for the result today but he was still *****.

HappyAsHellas
25-02-2017, 08:37 PM
I don't think the ref lost us anything, but that doesn't detract from what must be one of the worst referee performances I have seen in a long time. Do you think he was good?

Thecat23
25-02-2017, 08:38 PM
He's a fat prick, hope he swallows his whistle in his sleep!

Rattler
25-02-2017, 08:38 PM

Don't think that's very fair ..... he wasn't quite as good as that!

One of the worst and completely biased refereeing performances in a long time.

Doesn't help that we switched off halfway through the first half though.

JimBHibees
25-02-2017, 08:41 PM

Agree think he has a huge issue with us for some reason. Very similar tonight to his atrocious performance v Falkirk. Appalling ref.

JimBHibees
25-02-2017, 08:45 PM

Number 18 for them went down when they were attacking, he saw, ignored and let them attack to see if they could still get a goal. We win the ball off them and start to counter, he then blows and goes to check how number 18 is doing. Dodgy is the least I can say about Beaton.

Not a head knock and we were on the break and he inexplicably pulls it back. Bent. Couldn't wait to book McGinn for a non foul yet let them foul at will. Cheat.

Bishop Hibee
25-02-2017, 08:51 PM
He was dreadful. One of their players bounces off Holt near the end and he gives a foul. No booking for the foul on Fontaine. No consistency.

O'Rourke3
25-02-2017, 08:58 PM
Going to watch a rerun just in case some of his decisions were correct. Hibs players assaulted but picked up many bookings. Allowed the cheating from the start. Their no 18 looked halved but he was "simulating" being fouled gave an impressive aaaaaaarrgghh and got roundly booed for the rest of the game

Monts
25-02-2017, 11:23 PM
I might be wrong (it's happened before) but I'm not sure he even booked the correct pars player in the fyvie incident.

houstonhibbee
25-02-2017, 11:52 PM
I might be wrong (it's happened before) but I'm not sure he even booked the correct pars player in the fyvie incident.
Your wrong you're right. He did book the wrong player

Scott Allan Key
26-02-2017, 07:17 AM
Your wrong you're right. He did book the wrong player

If no card, can a retrospective Red be awarded to the correct player?

overdrive
26-02-2017, 07:54 AM
I usually don't mind him but today he was awful. Booked several Hibs players for being assaulted by Dunfermline players. No idea why the guy who injured Fontaine wasn't booked - definitely premeditated as well as several of their players were congratulating him when Fontaine went off.

duffers
26-02-2017, 07:57 AM
He's a fat prick, hope he swallows his whistle in his sleep!

Classy

calumhibee1
26-02-2017, 08:21 AM
I have been a severe critic of referees on this forum, and Beaton was poor today, as usual.

But folk need to stop clutching at straws, and blaming the referee every time the team has a poor result. Hibs threw away yet another two points today at home after being two goals in the lead due to some naive and poor defending.

Only a mixture of superb goalkeeping, a large slice of luck, and some poor finishing from DAFC saved Hibs from a heavy defeat.

The lad McMullan ran Hibs defence ragged all afternoon.

Ive not seen one person on this thread claim that it was his fault we didn't win.

Hibs07p
26-02-2017, 08:24 AM
If no card, can a retrospective Red be awarded to the correct player?

Higginbotham said something like " I didn't do anything, but the ref told me as all the players became involved, he had to book someone"
An admittance of incompetence in my opinion. I don't think the referee actually saw the "throttling" incident, only Higgenbotham slightly reacting to Fyvies tackle. One for the compliance officer I think.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016
Destroyer of Poppy Thieves

Hedlund12
26-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Before I start I am not blaming the referee for Hibs performance yesterday.
Dumfermline came to do a job and did it. Full credit to them for putting us under the cosh and getting a point - had it not been for Ofir they would have got 3 points.

I will say though it's been a while since I've been as blatantly angry and hacked off by a referee so unprofessionally incapable in his performance.

I sat there thinking "would I get a banning order if I went on the pitch now and assaulted this poor excuse of a human being" That's how much he riled me.. I also had the challenge of "who takes my son and his pal home if I get lifted!!"

Then again it was on TV so my hubby would have been alerted by someone to go pick up the boys!! 😂

weecounty hibby
26-02-2017, 09:04 AM
He was abysmal and had no control of the game at all. I was actually quite impressed with the football DAFC played and they deserved their point. Was less than impressed with the fouling and time wasting the got away with though, carefully managed by Beaton. I've not watched it back but in the last 10 minutes there was probably only 2 minutes of play due to the time wasting. And Beaton was part of the problem. The two "injured" players stopped the game for about five minutes. In rugby a head injury means that the player leaves the field and is assessed to see if he is ok. In football it means you buy your team minutes off the clock.
Beaton was a disgrace last night, all about him and how he can screw us over. Consistently the worst ref I. Scotland

Sir David Gray
26-02-2017, 09:11 AM
He was brutal.

Embarrassing performance.

emerald green
26-02-2017, 09:55 AM
Ive not seen one person on this thread claim that it was his fault we didn't win.

Not in so many words I agree, but it is implied in some posts that he may have been at least partially responsible.

For example, comments like "he had an agenda", "shirking responsibility" (not sending DAFC players off, but overlooking the fact he might easily have sent off Fraser Fyvie too), "anti-Hibs", "bent" "cheat".

If you have read any of my previous posts you'll know that I've absolutely slaughtered referees on this forum in the past. Some of them are a disgrace at times. The general standard of refereeing is poor. Beaton was awful again yesterday, I'm not defending him, but he wasn't the reason Hibs didn't win is all the point I'm trying to make.

JimBHibees
26-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Not in so many words I agree, but it is implied in some posts that he may have been at least partially responsible.

For example, comments like "he had an agenda", "shirking responsibility" (not sending DAFC players off, but overlooking the fact he might easily have sent off Fraser Fyvie too), "anti-Hibs", "bent" "cheat".

If you have read any of my previous posts you'll know that I've absolutely slaughtered referees on this forum in the past. Some of them are a disgrace at times. The general standard of refereeing is poor. Beaton was awful again yesterday, I'm not defending him, but he wasn't the reason Hibs didn't win is all the point I'm trying to make.

No one said he was however he made it as difficult as possible for us similar to his performance v Falkirk this season which was as bad. No control books Hibs players and then ignores obvious pars bookings.

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2017, 10:04 AM
That's why I said on the thread complaining about Wednesdays ref that in the context of refereeing standards we have been subjected to he was decent. Today's referee has proved my point perfectly.

emerald green
26-02-2017, 10:05 AM
No one said he was however he made it as difficult as possible for us similar to his performance v Falkirk this season which was as bad. No control books Hibs players and then ignores obvious pars bookings.

Again I agree. As I've said, I'm not defending him. That's not my point Jim.

Thecat23
26-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Classy

Never said I'd want him to die, just have a bad wheeze!