PDA

View Full Version : Dunfermline at Home

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Right, enough of those Jambos and their humiliating loss and subsequent Pandora's box of problems brewing in its wake...not really.

But do let's get focused on the game tomorrow v the Pars. We have a recent history of following a big performance and result with a poor, laboured, sleepy and uninspired one, and we obviously have to hope Hibs show their Hearts-Dundee United side, rather than their Raith-Ayr one at the stadium tomorrow. A big opportunity to make further progress as United play Morton earlier in the day, a tough fixture for both.

As we have a late kick-off, I'm anticipating a rush for tickets on Saturday morning, which are actually selling quite well, with only isolated seats in most of the yellow zones:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/details/event.aspx?itemref=3665

It'll be a tough task. Championship teams generally don't pussy out as much as Hearts, and I don't expect a similar capitulation from the Pars.

2-1 Hibs.

Now to get back to the other threads which deal with Hearts and their wild and wacky antics...

Craig_HFC
24-02-2017, 02:40 PM
I think it'll be a big crowd for this after Wednesday, 15/16K with maybe 800 Dunfermline fans.

If we get an early goal then I expect it'll be a comfortable victory.

Hibby70
24-02-2017, 02:42 PM
I reckon we'll get around 13.5k on Saturday.

If you'd told me that we'd have around 34k over 2 games in a week last year I'd have had you locked up.

We have well and truly turned a huge corner.

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2017, 02:46 PM
I reckon we'll get around 13.5k on Saturday.

If you'd told me that we'd have around 34k over 2 games in a week last year I'd have had you locked up.

We have well and truly turned a huge corner.

Not going all dot-county but I reckon we're pretty much at that already. Nearer 15K is my estimate, as DAFC will bring far more than Ayr.

SirDavidsNapper
24-02-2017, 02:54 PM
Right, enough of those Jambos and their humiliating loss and subsequent Pandora's box of problems brewing in its wake...not really.

But do let's get focused on the game tomorrow v the Pars. We have a recent history of following a big performance and result with a poor, laboured, sleepy and uninspired one, and we obviously have to hope Hibs show their Hearts-Dundee United side, rather than their Raith-Ayr one at the stadium tomorrow. A big opportunity to make further progress as United play Morton earlier in the day, a tough fixture for both.

As we have a late kick-off, I'm anticipating a rush for tickets on Saturday morning, which are actually selling quite well, with only isolated seats in most of the yellow zones:

It'll be a tough task. Championship teams generally don't pussy out as much as Hearts, and I don't expect a similar capitulation from the Pars.

2-1 Hibs.

Now to get back to the other threads which deal with Hearts and their wild and wacky antics...

Yup. Leave Hearts in our shadow. Huge game tomorrow and 3 points a must.

CyberSauzee
24-02-2017, 02:56 PM
I think we'll break 16k.

Any win will do me. Even a 1-0 with little action. Teams know they will get turned over if they don't sit and keep it tight so it's no suprise we've seen a lot of dour wins this season.

Looking forward to an afternoon on the piss watching SSN, hopefully followed by some Cabbage goals.

Who's counting the dots?

JimBHibees
24-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Will be interesting to see what team we put out. Assuming there may be a few with bumps and bruises who may start on the bench. Wouldnt expect Holt to start given the effort he put in on Wednesday and his age however would definitely have Boyle on as he gives us a different dimension with his directness and pace. Need to get on the front foot from the start and an early goal would help. Need to be patient though as totally different game to Wednesday.

Lee Marvin
24-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Will be interesting to see what team we put out. Assuming there may be a few with bumps and bruises who may start on the bench. Wouldnt expect Holt to start given the effort he put in on Wednesday and his age however would definitely have Boyle on as he gives us a different dimension with his directness and pace. Need to get on the front foot from the start and an early goal would help. Need to be patient though as totally different game to Wednesday.

Two changes. Fyvie for Bartley. Graham for holt

Jim44
24-02-2017, 03:09 PM
I'll be more than disappointed if we don't turn up for this one. Hopefully lessons have been learned recently and that Lennon has them really up for it. We all know that teams that park the bus can be difficult to break down, but we've done ok against Dunfermline and if we get stuck into them from the off, I see us winning comfortably.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-02-2017, 03:35 PM
The players will be more than aware, that as far as the boss is concerned, the showing against Hearts is the rule and not the exception.

24-02-2017, 03:38 PM
We have to try and stretch Dunfermline. As others have said teams in this league come to ER and sit in and try to nick what they can on the break, so we need to make the pitch as big as possible and move the ball as quickly as possible. So .... Boyle MUST play. Humphrey would have been in my team for this game too , if fit, but clearly he won't be. The most important aspect is to start the game quickly and with intent, as we did against hearts. Early goal would settle the game down nicely.

LithgaeHibby
24-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Super John McGinn drove us onto victory on Wed and I expect him to do so again. I hope Lennon leaves the front pairing unchanged. This is now the time for big Holt to go on a scoring run!

Craig_HFC
24-02-2017, 03:42 PM

I wouldn't be averse to this:

----------------- Rocky --------------

Gray --- McGregor --- Fonts --- Lewis

------------ Fyvie ---- McGinn --------

Boyle --------- Shinnie --------- Keatings

-------------- Cummings --------------

GreenCastle
24-02-2017, 04:03 PM

2-1 Hibs.

The bit in bold made me laugh :greengrin The reality is we have had harder games this season.

Anyway...a win...of any time is important. Dundee Utd play Morton...hopefully a draw there...

Hopefully fans turn out once again - the guys deserve it after Wednesday's derby win. :agree:

24-02-2017, 04:03 PM
We have to try and stretch Dunfermline. As others have said teams in this league come to ER and sit in and try to nick what they can on the break, so we need to make the pitch as big as possible and move the ball as quickly as possible. So .... Boyle MUST play. Humphrey would have been in my team for this game too , if fit, but clearly he won't be. The most important aspect is to start the game quickly and with intent, as we did against hearts. Early goal would settle the game down nicely.

heretoday
24-02-2017, 04:05 PM
We must win this. I don't know what Lennon is going to say to them if we drop a point or whatever! He'll possibly get the hair dryer out!

emerald green
24-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Surprisingly, Dunfermline have lost only one of their last 14 games in all competitions.

Get ready for another "park the bus" afternoon/evening. It's important Hibs score first, and don't allow the opposition to score first as in our last two league matches.

GreenCastle
24-02-2017, 04:18 PM
Surprisingly, Dunfermline have lost only one of their last 14 games in all competitions.

Get ready for another "park the bus" afternoon. It's important Hibs score first, and don't allow the opposition to score first as in our last two league matches.

They have given us 2 really tough games so far this season - was at both and they won't show us any respect.

Wednesday must have taken a lot out the players mentally so hopefully Lennon has them in the right mindset.

Next 7 days are huge...3 points tomorrow...3 points midweek away from home and QF next Saturday (hopefully a win and semi final to look forward to).

liscious_hibs
24-02-2017, 04:18 PM
Not going all dot-county but I reckon we're pretty much at that already. Nearer 15K is my estimate, as DAFC will bring far more than Ayr.
Bought my ticket yesterday and most of the stadium plan was orange already with just the very ends of the East and West green so who knows... push a sell out? 😉

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

heretoday
24-02-2017, 04:30 PM

Get ready for another "park the bus" afternoon. It's important Hibs score first, and don't allow the opposition to score first as in our last two league matches.

Yeah? Do I not like the sound of that!

Brightside
24-02-2017, 04:33 PM
I thought Daz was suspended for this game?

Ronniekirk
24-02-2017, 04:37 PM

Hope not or we are down to Fontaine only out of our four first team centre backs

Billy Whizz
24-02-2017, 04:43 PM

He's suspended for the Ayr cup game

hibee_girl
24-02-2017, 04:43 PM

emerald green
24-02-2017, 04:46 PM
They have given us 2 really tough games so far this season - was at both and they won't show us any respect.

Wednesday must have taken a lot out the players mentally so hopefully Lennon has them in the right mindset.

Next 7 days are huge...3 points tomorrow...3 points midweek away from home and QF next Saturday (hopefully a win and semi final to look forward to).

:agree: Dunfermline will probably give Hibs a harder game than the Yams. That's why Hibs have to be up for this game too. The thing Lennon was doing his nut about after the RR game.

Yeah? Do I not like the sound of that!

Apologies. I wasn't wanting to spoil anyone's Friday night! :greengrin

Jones28
24-02-2017, 05:04 PM
This is where we throw down a marker that the level of performance against hearts is the rule rather than the exception.

We should blow them out the water.

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2017, 05:23 PM
Bought my ticket yesterday and most of the stadium plan was orange already with just the very ends of the East and West green so who knows... push a sell out? 😉

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

A late rush could take the home support over 15K but can't see anybody who wants a ticket not being able to get one.

Billy Whizz
24-02-2017, 05:47 PM
Wonder if Lennon will make the odd change or 2 tomorrow. Remember we have a game again on Wednesday. Can't see Holt playing 3 games in a week

Lago
24-02-2017, 06:32 PM
This is where we throw down a marker that the level of performance against hearts is the rule rather than the exception.

We should blow them out the water.
Correct thats the standard set sfter Wed. Nothing else will do from here to season's end.

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Wonder if Lennon will make the odd change or 2 tomorrow. Remember we have a game again on Wednesday. Can't see Holt playing 3 games in a week

I'd stuck Graham on, and have Holt on the bench, give him the last 15.

Fifehibby74
24-02-2017, 07:48 PM

Need to start with team that played most of game against hearts. Same tempo get the game finished by half time if possible then make changes to rest players. Here's hoping!

B.H.F.C
24-02-2017, 08:08 PM

Don't think there will be many. Could maybe see Fyvie coming in for Bartley. Holt possibly dropping out as he put in some shift for a 35 year old the other night. Possibly more likely to see him on the bench on Wednesday though.

Golden Bear
24-02-2017, 09:02 PM
I see we're at home to a team called Dunfermline United tomorrow night, well at least according to BBC Scotland.
😁

RamYer1902
24-02-2017, 09:39 PM
Anything less than 15k would be bitterly disappointing after Wednesday. Albeit kick off time might affect some. I'm hoping for nearer to 16k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2017, 09:40 PM
I see we're at home to a team called Dunfermline United tomorrow night, well at least according to BBC Scotland.
😁

They decided we needed a sterner test in that division, so have merged the two clubs.

houstonhibbee
24-02-2017, 10:46 PM
Anything less than 15k would be bitterly disappointing after Wednesday. Albeit kick off time might affect some. I'm hoping for nearer to 16k.

I would have thought 5.15pm might increase attendance? Doesn't clash with Rugby, gives folk all day with the family, and still plenty time for evening entertainment after

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2017, 10:50 PM

1-5, even with Thomson and financial doping, I'd class as 'bitterly disappointing'. Not going to bother too much if it's 14,700 attendance tomorrow. Think it'll be around 15.2 though.

oneone73
24-02-2017, 11:48 PM
I would have thought 5.15pm might increase attendance? Doesn't clash with Rugby, gives folk all day with the family, and still plenty time for evening entertainment after

On council telly though.

Brightside
25-02-2017, 07:12 AM

:thumbsup: So wee need to find a CH for that game then!

Heisenberg
25-02-2017, 07:19 AM
Hope we stick with the same set up as Wednesday. 4-4-2 with Boyle and Shinnie wide. McGinn and Fyvie in the middle. Can see Holt getting a rest but I hope he's fit to start.

Brightside
25-02-2017, 07:25 AM
What time is BTG open? May as well make an afternoon of it. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
25-02-2017, 08:36 AM
:thumbsup: So wee need to find a CH for that game then!

Lennon said on Hibs TV last night that Foater would be training next week, and Hanlon wasn't too far away either.
Shame Porteous is at Edin City, as he would have slotted in nicely. Lennon also said that a few of the development team would be involved in the squads this week as well

alihibs1
25-02-2017, 09:12 AM
I'd stick Scott Martin in today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 09:22 AM
It's going to be a much tougher game today than Wednesday was, but so far this season we've found a way through Dunfermline. They try to play some football so I think we can get a result.

macca70
25-02-2017, 09:32 AM
We need some consistency in the team, Wednesday's team should be our starting 11 unless there are injuries. Obviously Humphreys is out so as per the sub, shinnie will start in his place.

We need less tinkering and a settled starting 11 every week.

That was our downfall against Ayr at home, messed about with the team.

Get the league won then we can give fringe players like Martin a start.

The confidence will be buzzing from Wednesday and players need to get comfy with having the same players around them, not chopping and changing every week for the sake of it.

mghibs
25-02-2017, 10:34 AM
What time is BTG open? May as well make an afternoon of it. :greengrin

12:30 according to the clubs twitter :thumbsup:

greenginger
25-02-2017, 10:46 AM
A late rush could take the home support over 15K but can't see anybody who wants a ticket not being able to get one.

Can't get on to the ticket site just now. Up to 30 minute wait.

Either were selling a lot of tickets or there's a lot of dot-counters online. :greengrin

GreenCastle
25-02-2017, 10:56 AM
Can't get on to the ticket site just now. Up to 30 minute wait.

Either were selling a lot of tickets or there's a lot of dot-counters online. :greengrin

Ayr tickets about to go on sale - more online traffic.

Real Emerald
25-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Ticket sales for this one don't look all that great at the moment, well compared to other games this year. Really disappointed if the crowd has dropped today as this match is maybe not as attractive but just as important as the derby.

Of course there will be those who've chosen to go to the rugby instead and others who've chosen to watch paint dry instead of the rugby :wink:

TheGreenMan
25-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Will BTG be showing soccer Saturday? Says on official site they're showing rugby?

scoopyboy
25-02-2017, 11:23 AM
Ticket sales for this one don't look all that great at the moment, well compared to other games this year. Really disappointed if the crowd has dropped today as this match is maybe not as attractive but just as important as the derby.

Of course there will be those who've chosen to go to the rugby instead and others who've chosen to watch paint dry instead of the rugby :wink:

I think they are about the usual RE.

The pod tickets have just been printed off by the looks of it and with about five hours to ko I think it will be a good crowd.

Real Emerald
25-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Will BTG be showing soccer Saturday? Says on official site they're showing rugby?

Officially they say it's lager they sell too :hmmm:

Real Emerald
25-02-2017, 11:27 AM
I think they are about the usual RE.

The pod tickets have just been printed off by the looks of it and with about five hours to ko I think it will be a good crowd.

Hope so :agree:

scoopyboy
25-02-2017, 11:43 AM

Just had a quick scan.

Only 29 tickets left in FF lower. One is Section 16, one in 17 and two in 18. Four tickets away from three out the five sections going red.

In the East less than 40 tickets combined in sections 40,41,42 and 43.

In the West hardly any left in 4,7,12 and 14 with 5,6 and 13 sold out.

Looks good going by the spotty dotty but of course doesn't take into account season ticket holders who don't go.

Ronniekirk
25-02-2017, 11:48 AM

Am missing this one as would of been four games in 10 days Willbe at St Mirren and Ayr games But cost and travel are factors for meand this one i on tv

GreenCastle
25-02-2017, 11:50 AM

I have no issue people liking both. This Scotland rugby team are actually quite a decent group..unlike our Scottish men's team ( women's team are at the euros this summer!).

What I find odd is people who can't make both games or use rugby on tv as
An excuse as it will be finished by the time we ko.

Real Emerald
25-02-2017, 11:51 AM
Just had a quick scan.

Only 29 tickets left in FF lower. One is Section 16, one in 17 and two in 18. Four tickets away from three out the five sections going red.

In the East less than 40 tickets combined in sections 40,41,42 and 43.

In the West hardly any left in 4,7,12 and 14 with 5,6 and 13 sold out.

Looks good going by the spotty dotty but of course doesn't take into account season ticket holders who don't go.

I always look to see how section 44 in the East is doing to gauge take up (no scientific reason why :dunno:) and there seems quite a few left in there. As you say though still plenty time left to print at home and get along. After Wednesday, the team deserves it.

Mikey09
25-02-2017, 11:55 AM
Can you buy tickets at the ground?

Brightside
If someone is going to a Rugger game rather than a vital Hibs game today they should be rethinking priorities. Huge game for Hibs tonight and we need everyone cheering on the team.

Real Emerald
I have no issue people liking both. This Scotland rugby team are actually quite a decent group..unlike our Scottish men's team ( women's team are at the euros this summer!).

What I find odd is people who can't make both games or use rugby on tv as
An excuse as it will be finished by the time we ko.

I've no first hand knowledge of this but I think people have whole days/weekends out surrounding these fixtures and meet up with their crowd every two years. I can't really blame them either. It may be an issue that Hibs need to look into, not just moving the game to another day to allow people to do both but also to maybe attract some of the thousand of tourists in town along to the football when the rugby isn't on.

GreenCastle
25-02-2017, 12:09 PM
I've no first hand knowledge of this but I think people have whole days/weekends out surrounding these fixtures and meet up with their crowd every two years. I can't really blame them either. It may be an issue that Hibs need to look into, not just moving the game to another day to allow people to do both but also to maybe attract some of the thousand of tourists in town along to the football when the rugby isn't on.

I think you are right. Remember this chat last year and someone mentioned it was a family tradition etc. Which is a fair enough.

Maybe Hibs can hold conversations to avoid same day clashes - seems to happen quite often.

Real Emerald
25-02-2017, 12:18 PM
I think you are right. Remember this chat last year and someone mentioned it was a family tradition etc. Which is a fair enough.

Maybe Hibs can hold conversations to avoid same day clashes - seems to happen quite often.

One of the other major issues is traveling for the away fans. I know if I was a pars fan (maybe not the die hards), I'd be thinking twice about traveling into the Edinburgh today from West to East. The traffic will be a nightmare coming that way. How many from the gate do we lose to that also?

Craig_HFC
25-02-2017, 12:23 PM
Decent from the Pars

https://twitter.com/officialdafc/status/835458329166155776

Fuzzywuzzy
25-02-2017, 12:40 PM
One of the other major issues is traveling for the away fans. I know if I was a pars fan (maybe not the die hards), I'd be thinking twice about traveling into the Edinburgh today from West to East. The traffic will be a nightmare coming that way. How many from the gate do we lose to that also?

Bbc saying there is a problem with rail travel for rugby, which to a lesser extent will impact folk coming to the match

RamYer1902
25-02-2017, 01:33 PM
Anyone hazard a guess as to a rough attendance today?

HibbyAndy
25-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Anyone hazard a guess as to a rough attendance today?

15K plus

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2017, 02:10 PM
15K plus

Squealing pig
25-02-2017, 03:16 PM
Is this game on alba with later ko

Magnifique
25-02-2017, 03:24 PM
Is this game on alba with later ko

Is it on any TV st all for us overseas Hibbys?

Real Emerald
25-02-2017, 07:10 PM
I always look to see how section 44 in the East is doing to gauge take up (no scientific reason why :dunno:) and there seems quite a few left in there. As you say though still plenty time left to print at home and get along. After Wednesday, the team deserves it.

Think my theory of ticket sales is right. Still a good crowd on previous years but where were the missing thousands from Wednesday?

Real Emerald
25-02-2017, 07:19 PM

Think my theory of ticket sales is right. Still a good crowd on previous years but where were the missing thousands from Wednesday?

chrisdocherty
25-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Hey Hibees!

Second Post, Thought I'd share the penalty from tonight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqhFLLe5LcA

Started out well tonight, Shame we couldn't keep the drive from the first half.