PDA

View Full Version : Players' Ratings?

Wee Effen Bee
24-02-2017, 12:08 PM
Whilst basking in the afterglow of Wednesday's game, I must have missed the conventional ratings thread. So, sorry if it's been done to death but here's mine...with a genuine critique of their team's performance added too:

Marciano 9 Awfy unlucky with the pen, dealt with the little they offered
Gray 9 Captain Tenacious
McGregor 9 Brick Sheethoose (in the most respectful and positive sense)
Fontaine 10 Just how many defensive headers did he win? Colossus
Stevenson 9 Unflusterable and indefatigable
Humphrey 5 Great first touch and cross:greengrin
Bartley 10 Dinnae mess with the indomitable Marvin
SJM 10 Future Scotland captain a tells ye
Boyle 8 Scared the jobbies out of their defence with his rocket-fuelled sorties down the wing
Cummings 10 Mjolnir of the Jambos ('Hammer' doesn't do him justice - he's more god-like v them)
Holt 10 Great mentor for Cummings and outstanding flick for the goal

Subs
Shinnie 10 Great assist and great strike for goal
Graham 7 Ensured no respite for Hearts' defenders
Fyvie 6 Put his foot on the ball to see out the last 5/6 minutes

Hertz
Hamilton 4 Couple of very good stops but poor distribution and lost sight of Shinnies strike
Struna 4 Looked competent but kicked the ball out the park more than once when under pressure
Avlonitis 4 Pulled all over the place, hardly won a ball in the air
Sowah 4 A night to forget - torrid time from Boyle
Hughes 4 Second best all night to Cummings, Holt then Graham
Kitchen 3 Hooked at half time - insipid
Walker 6 Best starter for them, but...
Tziolis 5 Picked out a pass or two but found the pace too much
Martin 2 Absolutely honking
Djoum 4 No answer to SJM and The Bartman
Concalves 4 Pacy but pants with no support

Subs
Nicholson 5 Better than the man he replaced
Currie 6 At 19 looks a prospect...so we may snap him up when they ditch him for not being 2m tall
Ouriachi 4 Not better than the man he replaced

Ref. 7 Missed a couple of incidents and could have yellow carded a couple of them but decent

[*=left]

KWJ
24-02-2017, 01:46 PM
Marciano - 8 - Solid, comfortable kicking under pressure and dealt with crosses well.

Gray - 8 - Classic SDG.
Daz - 8 - Dealt with everything but the pen. Was a clearing header from a soft ball in the air that I watched him contort his body to get it as far from goal as possible. Goal should've counted apparently.
Fonts - 9 - Best game I've seen from him for some time. Commanding.
Stevenson - 8 - Standard Lewis, grew a foot going for every header.

Marv - 8 - Did well but lost the ball in a couple of dangerous positions.
Boyle - 8 - Squirrel was everywhere, typically unlucky at times but very involved front and back and got you excited whenever he had the ball.
McGinn - 8 - Unbelievably tenacious. Drove us forward at every chance and never gave up when losing the ball.
Shinnie - 8 - Tenacious similar to McGinn and Bartley and picked up the ball in dangerous positions. Shots from midfield lead to goals.

Cummings - 9 - Great all round game, lovely goal, clever pass for Holt, brilliant.
Holt - 9 - Bustled the Hearts players as long we was on the pitch, great performance and a nice finish to boot.

Humph - Nae point having him as starter or giving rating, hope he's okay.
Graham - 5 - Tried, just didn't do what Holt did at the only tricky point of the game.
Fyvie - 6 - Didn't notice him all that much.

Smartie
24-02-2017, 01:51 PM
I actually thought that Sowah did ok for them. Boyle as we know is incredibly quick and got the better of him once or twice early on. If Sowah hadn't got his act together and all but matched Boyle a few times then it might have been a cricket score the other night.

B.H.F.C
24-02-2017, 01:57 PM
I actually thought that Sowah did ok for them. Boyle as we know is incredibly quick and got the better of him once or twice early on. If Sowah hadn't got his act together and all but matched Boyle a few times then it might have been a cricket score the other night.

Kind of agree with that. Clearly targeted him early on but didn't end up with too much coming from our right. In saying that I thought Boyle's final ball let him down a number of times.

Wee Effen Bee
24-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Kind of agree with that. Clearly targeted him early on but didn't end up with too much coming from our right. In saying that I thought Boyle's final ball let him down a number of times.

Aye, I too thought he did get the better of Boyle on a couple of occasions but the laddie was brought in to give Hearts an attacking option on the flank from defence. He certainly didn't offer that and Boyle had him tied up for most of the game. After watching the game again, he did appear shaky at times when pressurised and he certainly isn't anywhere near the level of Stevenson or Gray.