PDA

View Full Version : Yams FoH getting questioned

Ozyhibby
24-02-2017, 10:44 AM
I see on Kickback just now, there is a thread questioning FoH's role and whether they should be asking questions of the club. I think they should and the first place they should start is why all their signings come from the one agent who has very close ties with Levein. As they were 2nd in the league, it was not obvious to most that a complete revamp of the squad with 9 new players brought in within a month was needed at all. Which begs the question, who gained most from all this upheaval? Was it KSM, who represent all the players signed and is run by John Colquhoun, who has obvious close ties with Levein and also has a business relationship with Ian Cathro since he bought Cathro's box soccer company?
I'm not suggesting there are any conflicts of interest but if I was a member of FoH I would definitely want some clarity on this. A lot of their money has been spent on 3.5 year deals for the like of Mallory Martin. They should care about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Emerald
24-02-2017, 10:50 AM
I see on Kickback just now, there is a thread questioning FoH's role and whether they should be asking questions of the club. I think they should and the first place they should start is why all their signings come from the one agent who has very close ties with Levein. As they were 2nd in the league, it was not obvious to most that a complete revamp of the squad with 9 new players brought in within a month was needed at all. Which begs the question, who gained most from all this upheaval? Was it KSM, who represent all the players signed and is run by John Colquhoun, who has obvious close ties with Levein and also has a business relationship with Ian Cathro since he bought Cathro's box soccer company?
I'm not suggesting there are any conflicts of interest but if I was a member of FoH I would definitely want some clarity on this. A lot of their money has been spent on 3.5 year deals for the like of Mallory Martin. They should care about that.

Bringing in all these players in January was mental. Anyone sitting in their position would have added one or two leaving a bigger revamp until summer. The fact we've knocked them out of the cup and their season is effectively over makes the decision (gamble) all the more ridiculous. Oh how sweet 😂

steakbake
24-02-2017, 10:53 AM
Would be terrible if they were getting milked by Levein & Co.

Terrible.

Ozyhibby
24-02-2017, 10:55 AM
Would be terrible if they were getting milked by Levein & Co.

Terrible.

[emoji6]

Craig_HFC
24-02-2017, 10:58 AM
And to think there was folk saying HSL was a Ponzi scheme...

:hahaha:

hibsbollah
24-02-2017, 11:01 AM
And to think there was folk saying HSL was a Ponzi scheme...

:hahaha:

Some of the stickers saying so are still up in random locations in South Edinburgh...

Bostonhibby
24-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Don't understand the problem really.

You save all the money to repay budge at 6.5% interest (yes 6.5%!) you get shares in your club.

Meantime in the real world the money gets diverted off into whatever comes along next and only budge gets any shares.

Think it's known as Romanov lite. A much softer shafting.

Sergey
24-02-2017, 11:34 AM

I read the thread last night and it looks as though things at FoH are starting to unravel. Questions haven't been asked and folks are starting to query the independence of the top bods.

It also looks like AB has put all of her eggs into the basket of CL and there's no immediate Plan B. What they did in January was utterly bizarre and was as daft of the Lithuanian loanee debacle under Romanov.

It wold be extremely pleasing if CL was indeed on the make and taking wee brown envelopes.

Shudder the thought!

Craig_HFC
24-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Don't understand the problem really.

You save all the money to repay budge at 6.5% interest (yes 6.5%!) you get shares in your club.

Meantime in the real world the money gets diverted off into whatever comes along next and only budge gets any shares.

Ann Budge is using lube whereas Vlad went in dry.

:agree:

stantonhibby
24-02-2017, 11:58 AM

I'm trying to have my lunch here !:jamboak:

Real Emerald
24-02-2017, 12:05 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍👍👍👍

Borderhibbie76
24-02-2017, 12:10 PM

Just spat my coffee over my desk at work...top marks 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
24-02-2017, 12:11 PM

Are you saying she's the dominatrix of the poor wee helpless yams who have no other show in town?

dp00
24-02-2017, 12:12 PM
I was told that a lot of the works getting done in tynecastle is being done by companies which are either connected to budge or have family connections

Billy Whizz
24-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Taken from kickback, wonder who is responsible
-Not one player recruited in summer 2015 made the squad tonight.

-Not one player recruited in the summer of 2016 made it on to the pitch tonight.

-Only two players in our starting XI tonight played any part in our record breaking Championship season 2014/15, and Jack Hamilton only appeared twice.

-Our entire back 4 were signed in January and none of them have a deal beyond the end of the season.

-Of our player's recruited in summer transfer window 2015, only Oshinawa remains at the club

-Of the players recruited in Summer 2016, Muirhead, Watt and Sammon have already left the club be it permanently or temporarily. Noring is yet to make his competitive debut

-Despite the we'll get you a move to England mantra, only Jordan McGhee has moved on loan to Middlesbrough reserves in that time, and Robbie Muirhead went to League one with Neilson

Our recruitment is shambolic, transient and increasingly harmful to the club. I've been a big fan of Levein through the years but as director of football he's ultimately culpable.

End the we'll get you a move to England nonsense now, if a player is good enough they will earn a move. Start actually trying to actually build a squad as opposed to six monthly reboots.

Not In The Know
24-02-2017, 12:13 PM
How much is Queen and paying herself each year to "save the club" compared to other Chief Execs in the league?

Thats not even taking into account the interest on her loans.

brog
24-02-2017, 12:23 PM

It was strange that on the podcast of Sportsound I listened to yesterday Biscuits was going berserk about Martin's 3.5 year contract. All the ire was directed at Cathro but I just assumed most, if not all these signings were down to Harry Potter? As usual he seemed to avoid any scrutiny. Of all the Yams Jan signings I think only Martin & Goncalves have contracts beyond the summer & only Goncalves can be definitely identified as a Cathro signing. Perhaps CL is doing a Big Sam & putting this business the way of friends, or even himself but it's a bizarre reversal of their ( Yams ) previous signing policy. FWIW I think Goncalves has ability, I liked him when he was at St M & I think Soutar was the kind of player, like SJM, that we should be after. However Yams were budgeting on sales income of £millions from King Brothers, Holt, McGee, Clum, Walker & Nicholson, remember them talking about £4m for Nicholson 2 years ago? That won't happen now & they're squandering money on ageing mercenaries, ( TBF, they've been doing that bit for a while ). In their prior game their only starting Scottish player was the keeper & on Wed the only other was Walker. Out of their 18 players only 4 were from the UK, I think we were 14 Scots & 17 from the UK. If F of H contributions dry up, they'll be in a bad place. While I welcome that prospect I can't really get my head round what they're doing as it 100% contradicts the supposed financial acumen displayed by the Cheats over the last couple of years.

CropleyWasGod
24-02-2017, 12:25 PM
How much is Queen and paying herself each year to "save the club" compared to other Chief Execs in the league?

Thats not even taking into account the interest on her loans.
The accounts don't separately disclose her salary, if she is indeed taking one.

Total directors remuneration for 2016 was 154k. There were 6 directors, but it's not clear who are paid and who aren't.

My guess is that most, if not all, of the 154k is for Levein. So, to answer your question, 'much much less'. 😊

And she suspended the interest payments last summer

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
24-02-2017, 12:27 PM

It is a very good question and should be explained by the club. Obviously this would only get asked when things arent working out on the pitch. Seems a little too cozy and you do have to ask yourself genuinely how many players Cathro wanted brought in. Some of them look very poor Martin, Greek centre back, left back. Guy that came on near the end looked very skilful.

The mass signings do seem to counter what appears to be Cathro's main skill set in bringing through younger home grown players.

Springbank
24-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Will there be more depressing experience in all of Europe this weekend than this poor fella's :cb:

Bonjour, je suis Maluary Martin.
Je suis footballer au Hearts
Je joue samedi a Partick Thistle
3000 fans maximum
At Maryhill
It's freezing
There's no-one here
The only good pitch I see in my time in Scotland was in Leith
The only good atmosphere I hear in Scotland is from ze Hibees (home and away)
Meanwhile my team, Hearts, has no pitch (at time of writing)
My team has no atmosphere (at time of writing and for the foreseeable future)
The fans they just want to boooo
Mayday...Mayday...

High-On-Hibs
24-02-2017, 12:33 PM

Indeed. But like any shafting, it turns gentle at the midway point, only to turn full throttle for the big finish.

matty_f
24-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Is it true about the players all coming from the same agent/agency?

If that was the case, I think it's incredible that they aren't demanding to know what is going on rather than just asking questions.

jacomo
24-02-2017, 12:36 PM

Total directors remuneration for 2016 was 154k. There were 6 directors, but it's not clear who are paid and who aren't.

My guess is that most, if not all, of the 154k is for Levein. So, to answer your question, 'much much less'. 😊

But also pushed back the repayment date at the same time?

JimBHibees
24-02-2017, 12:37 PM

If that was the case, I think it's incredible that they aren't demanding to know what is going on rather than just asking questions.

If so and assuming it is it does seem incredibly incestuous especially a former player and someone who has business relationship with the current head coach.

jacomo
24-02-2017, 12:41 PM
I'm not suggesting there are any conflicts of interest...

Cathro agreed that the derby results under Neilson were unacceptable, so reshaped the squad to guarantee big team bragging rights again. Simples.

:greengrin

lapsedhibee
24-02-2017, 12:54 PM

All through the glorious Mr Romanov years the simple fans didn't want to know how anything was happening - why would they suddenly start now?

matty_f
24-02-2017, 12:56 PM
All through the glorious Mr Romanov years the simple fans didn't want to know how anything was happening - why would they suddenly start now?

This is a very good point.

ian cruise
24-02-2017, 01:05 PM
It was strange that on the podcast of Sportsound I listened to yesterday Biscuits was going berserk about Martin's 3.5 year contract. All the ire was directed at Cathro but I just assumed most, if not all these signings were down to Harry Potter? As usual he seemed to avoid any scrutiny. Of all the Yams Jan signings I think only Martin & Goncalves have contracts beyond the summer & only Goncalves can be definitely identified as a Cathro signing. Perhaps CL is doing a Big Sam & putting this business the way of friends, or even himself but it's a bizarre reversal of their ( Yams ) previous signing policy. FWIW I think Goncalves has ability, I liked him when he was at St M & I think Soutar was the kind of player, like SJM, that we should be after. However Yams were budgeting on sales income of £millions from King Brothers, Holt, McGee, Clum, Walker & Nicholson, remember them talking about £4m for Nicholson 2 years ago? That won't happen now & they're squandering money on ageing mercenaries, ( TBF, they've been doing that bit for a while ). In their prior game their only starting Scottish player was the keeper & on Wed the only other was Walker. Out of their 18 players only 4 were from the UK, I think we were 14 Scots & 17 from the UK. If F of H contributions dry up, they'll be in a bad place. While I welcome that prospect I can't really get my head round what they're doing as it 100% contradicts the supposed financial acumen displayed by the Cheats over the last couple of years.

He wasnt wrong though, 3 and a half year deal for someone is madness in Scottish football unless you are extremely confident they have a long term future and/or sell on value. SJM and Cummings are case in point but even they have a risk attached as they could get injured or lose for and you've got them for a long time or an expensive pay off. Look at Sam and Alex on our side not expensive wages wise but they have long contracts and no intention of moving on, just yet anyway. This boy Martin who Hearts have signed looks way out his depth in Scottish football and could be one of their most expensive duds in recent history. The whole signing policy would worry me greatly if I was a fan.

Some questioned our signing policy earlier in the season, and the season before, but by signing players who know this league and previously performed well enough to get a, big move you are mitigating the risk to a degree. We've definitely had more positives than negatives on the signing front in the last three years.

greenginger
24-02-2017, 01:10 PM

Then there was the difference of £ 241,000 in the total amount of wages and salaries paid by the football club and that paid by Mrs Budge's holding company , Bidco 1874.

Same number of employees, same social security costs, but an extra £ 241k went out of the holding company in the 2015 accounts. :confused:

Bidco 1874 accounts for 2016 ain't out yet so I can't see yet, if there is a repeat discrepancy this year. :cb

Craig_in_Prague
24-02-2017, 01:24 PM

Especially when they just really owe money to themselves, again.

southsider
24-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Hecwasnt wrong though, 3 and a half year deal for someone is madness in Scottish football unless you are extremely confident they have a long term future and/or sell on value. SJM and Cummings are case in point but even they have a risk attached as they could get injured or lose for and you've got them for a long time or an expensive pay off. Look at Sam and Alex on our side not expensive wages wise but they have long contracts and no intention of moving on, just yet anyway. This boy Martin who Hearts have signed looks way out his depth in Scottish football and could be one of their most expensive duds in recent history. The whole signing policy would worry me greatly if I was a fan.

Some questioned our signing policy earlier in the season, and the season before, but by signing players who know this league and previously performed well enough to get a, big move you are mitigating the risk to a degree. We've definitely had more positives than negatives on the signing front in 5he last three years.
Just been told all 9 players brought in are 'managed' by the same agent. A friend of Mr 4-6-0 himself. Not sure if true but just passing on the rumour.

mjhibby
24-02-2017, 01:46 PM
Quite a few hertz fans have been saying there was a lot more going on with the caveman leaving and the ott signings that happened. Plus the likes of ozturk quietly being transferred. Told by all the so called knowledgable jambos it's because he wouldn't sign a new contract. Neither did Patterson,walker or Nicholson. It's almost as if they are deliberately treading water till the summer transfer window when presumably will be Shot of the short term loanees(all six of them) and more levein players in. Cathy must be desperate for a job if he is allowing Harry Potter to dictate the whole running of the football side. Still gives us all a good laugh in the process.

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2017, 01:49 PM
If there is one thing more satisfying than a bitter Jambo civil war, it's knowing that you played a big part in precipitating one.

Feeling pretty damn good about this association football lark at the mo.

worcesterhibby
24-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Cathy must be desperate for a job if he is allowing Harry Potter to dictate the whole running of the football side. Still gives us all a good laugh in the process.

To be honest i get the feeling that Cathro knows he is way out of his comfort zone and probably was initially grateful that CL would be there to "help" with the player recruitment side, while he learned the ropes...not sure he is thinking that now though.

Treadstone
24-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Queen Ann has also been seduced by Scottish footballs blazer culture.

northstandhibby
24-02-2017, 02:06 PM
To be honest i get the feeling that Cathro knows he is way out of his comfort zone and probably was initially grateful that CL would be there to "help" with the player recruitment side, while he learned the ropes...not sure he is thinking that now though.

This about sums it up in that Cathy is Potter's boy. He is being groomed by Potter. Cathy would have been far better served by teaming up with a proven manager already managing at a club as an assistant and learning the ropes in a proper time-served manner. Its a no win situation for Cathy for when the Yams are beaten he takes the flak and even when they win it will still be suspected he is merely coaching Potter's acquisitions and team line-up. A strange set up indeed and not one a real manager of substance would put up with.

glory glory

Gmack7
24-02-2017, 02:07 PM
I was told that a lot of the works getting done in tynecastle is being done by companies which are either connected to budge or have family connections

Correct
The main contractor for the work done in the wheatfield undercroft was done by her brothers company JB Contracts

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-02-2017, 02:17 PM
Correct
The main contractor for the work done in the wheatfield undercroft was done by her brothers company JB Contracts

Well well well...

MrSmith
24-02-2017, 02:21 PM
What has happened to their much lauded - got one over on us - superstar World Cup winner, Dylan Bikey?

Hmm 🤔 wasn't his signing some sort of great coup?

dp00
24-02-2017, 02:24 PM
Correct

Wonder how the hearts fans feel about that ?

lapsedhibee
24-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Wonder how the hearts fans feel about that ?

"All big companies indulge in nepotism"?

They didn't object when Mr Romanov installed Rodney, why would they object now?

scooby
24-02-2017, 02:32 PM

Brilliant 👌

Pete
24-02-2017, 02:44 PM
Queen Ann has also been seduced by Scottish footballs blazer culture.

So this is what they get up to at Hamden.

lord bunberry
24-02-2017, 03:15 PM
If there is one thing more satisfying than a bitter Jambo civil war, it's knowing that you played a big part in precipitating one.

Feeling pretty damn good about this association football lark at the mo.
That is so true. Make no mistake if they had won on Wednesday night everything would rosy in their garden right now. Losing to us means the end of the road for Cathy. It will take years of infighting before they come to terms with the fact that they're now playing on a level playing field.

Alan62
24-02-2017, 03:26 PM
While I doubt that Mr Levein is enjoying any personal gain from the project (other than whatever they pay him), I think he does exert a lot of pressure on Mrs B. Football Department's demands have to be met, I understand, and that probably deflects from her more sensible attempts to address the infrastructural problems. As we know, you can't do both.

So she'll have to grow a 'tache and learn how to say 'no'. The girder may be up but the shortfall will be even more exposed if the direct debits dry up.

I am not usually one for Schadenfreude but this business with our pink chums is very pleasing.

NAE NOOKIE
24-02-2017, 03:40 PM
First off I wouldn't question Budge's commitment to doing what's best for the Yams ... I don't think she has any ulterior motive and I wouldn't even be that concerned about the %age on her loans to the club, she is rich but not Tom Farmer rich and heart over head or not she cant be silly with her cash .... the same goes for getting friends and relatives to paint the bogs or whatever it is, she can probably get a better deal from them.

But no matter what her motives the one thing she cant be immune from is getting things wrong and perhaps allowing football genius Mr 4 6 0 to run the football side of the club is her biggest error.

If there is one thing I banged on and on about with STF and Rod Petrie it was that they ignored the correlation between being successful on the park and the amount of money the club can generate ... for any Scottish club you cant ignore your biggest source of income and if you allow things to deteriorate on the park, which the Yams seem to be in the process of doing, you store up a world of hurt for yourself.

Hetz are currently surviving on FOH contributions and ST sales based on the back of 3 seasons where for different reasons fans stood with the club:

Season 1 .......... A mass of STs sold on the back of nothing less than a call to save the club from extinction.

Season 2 .......... Stormed the championship, enabling them to hold on to those ST holders and even add a few more.

Season 3 .......... A decent showing in their first season back in the premiership, where being rodgered oot the cup wi the Hibees became the first sign of trouble.

But now we are in season 4 and the factors that helped in the first 3 seasons no longer apply ...... there was dissent at Captain Caveman's brand of football, fuelled by the aforementioned rodgering, leading to him jumping ship at the first decent opportunity. The club then appoint a manager who has never managed before and speaks like he has some sort of disability like Aspergers syndrome and then follow that up with a bizarre transfer window where they change half the team, even though they were mounting a real challenge for 2nd place with the one they had.

After a sticky start to Cathro's tenure a home destruction of the Huns gives a false impression of sudden lightening quick progress, only for crushing reality to be re established by the Huns going on to prove they are in fact rubbish and extremely beatable and then even worse, yet another even more severe shafting by the mighty Hibees.

As things stand the only positive Hetz have is that the collective wetting of pants with excitement over the new stand will encourage folk to renew STs so they can be a part of the worlds most atmospheric stadium becoming even more atmospheric .... not to mention the fact that who couldn't be seduced by an entrance with lots and lots of glass and its own potted trees covered 'plaza'

But when that becomes old hat as having to 'save the club' already has, what then? ....... All that will matter is what's happening on the park and if that continues to head in the direction its going the current disgruntled mutterings will become an uproar ..... the Yams have been brought up on a self proclaimed ethos of being 'the big club' and having spent two seasons watching that 'big club' do OK in the league and accepting that as progress they will inevitably want more. Being nowhere in the two competitions they have a realistic chance of winning and being humiliated by postmen and shopkeepers from Malta as has been the case since they went up will no longer be tolerated ..... that's not acceptable to 'the famous'

The next few seasons should be interesting .... its all going to be about success on the park and failure will result in the fans turning on Cathro ( that's already begun ) then Levin and then if all else fails Budge herself ...... you simply cant own a football club and be immune from the fallout when things go badly, no matter how big a contribution you have made, even STF can testify to that. Will the FOH pledges and ST sales hold up in the face of the storm? we shall see. I do know the better Hibs do the less time Budge will have to sort things out .... us going up will be bad enough, if we were to retain the cup the famous will be looking for somebody to take it out on and guaranteed that will be their own club :greengrin

Waxy
24-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Every game Cathro doesnt win from now on will demoralise the support and make Cathro look very strained.Oh wait......

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Correct

Who is a big hibby. So the FOH money is going to good use.

Billy Whizz
24-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Correct

I'm presuming it went out to tender though?

Aldo
24-02-2017, 05:23 PM
They still don't get it though. They all think that they are still the 'big team' with a bigger ambition with better players and better finances blah blah blah. One even said that the 3 million shortfall in the stand was now covered by an anonymous benefactors who will be pumping millions into the club.

I asked when and they said the stand was now paid for and there will be loads of money to spend on players come the summer!

Really!! Head in sand brigade

Glory Lurker
24-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Nae Nookie, your aspergers comment is bang out of order.

Gmack7
24-02-2017, 05:36 PM
You would imagine so but I'm not convinced it would be a level playing field a bit like the pitch

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2017, 05:39 PM

My missus said she thought it looked like he was on the autism spectrum the other night. Didn't mean any offence to anyone like just saying what she thought.

She had previously said he looked like a foreigner speaking his 2nd language and trying to translate what he's thinking into English.

Again no offence to anyone.

WhileTheChief..
24-02-2017, 05:50 PM
Things will really start to fall apart when we're above them in the league next season.

Every week they're below us will mean more and more misery.

Peevemor
24-02-2017, 06:15 PM
My missus said she thought it looked like he was on the autism spectrum the other night. Didn't mean any offence to anyone like just saying what she thought.

She had previously said he looked like a foreigner speaking his 2nd language and trying to translate what he's thinking into English.

When I saw Cathro's interview I immediately thought of my friend's teenage son who just completed 3 weeks work experience with me. He has aspergers and the resemblance in the manner of speaking was uncanny.

NAE NOOKIE
24-02-2017, 06:16 PM

Well, no it isn't actually ....... Its only out of order if I use it in a disrespectful manner or make disparaging remarks about the condition, I did neither, I merely used it as an example of what might be causing Mr Cathro to give the strange interviews he does and in that context its no different from saying he might have gout if it was a limp we were talking about ...... in many cases ( not all ) people with Aspergers syndrome are highly intelligent but have problems expressing themselves or do so in a manner which makes sense to them but not the listener, I was friends with a girl for a few years who had the condition so I do have some experience of being around it.

I have often seen Derek Adams give interviews that would make the thought that he may be slightly autistic not unreasonable and I bet you a million quid I'm not the only person who has thought that. I base that theory on having a nephew who actually does have the condition and displays quite a few of the same facial characteristics. That doesn't make me disrespectful to people who are Autistic in my opinion ...... its merely an observation which may or may not be correct.

If your take on my comment was that I was using the possibility of mild Aspergers in relation to Cathro as a way to take the pish out of him I wasn't I was being deadly serious ...... I hope that puts your mind at ease.

tamig
24-02-2017, 06:17 PM
First off I wouldn't question Budge's commitment to doing what's best for the Yams ... I don't think she has any ulterior motive and I wouldn't even be that concerned about the %age on her loans to the club, she is rich but not Tom Farmer rich and heart over head or not she cant be silly with her cash .... the same goes for getting friends and relatives to paint the bogs or whatever it is, she can probably get a better deal from them.

But no matter what her motives the one thing she cant be immune from is getting things wrong and perhaps allowing football genius Mr 4 6 0 to run the football side of the club is her biggest error.

If there is one thing I banged on and on about with STF and Rod Petrie it was that they ignored the correlation between being successful on the park and the amount of money the club can generate ... for any Scottish club you cant ignore your biggest source of income and if you allow things to deteriorate on the park, which the Yams seem to be in the process of doing, you store up a world of hurt for yourself.

Hetz are currently surviving on FOH contributions and ST sales based on the back of 3 seasons where for different reasons fans stood with the club:

Season 1 .......... A mass of STs sold on the back of nothing less than a call to save the club from extinction.

Season 2 .......... Stormed the championship, enabling them to hold on to those ST holders and even add a few more.

Season 3 .......... A decent showing in their first season back in the premiership, where being rodgered oot the cup wi the Hibees became the first sign of trouble.

But now we are in season 4 and the factors that helped in the first 3 seasons no longer apply ...... there was dissent at Captain Caveman's brand of football, fuelled by the aforementioned rodgering, leading to him jumping ship at the first decent opportunity. The club then appoint a manager who has never managed before and speaks like he has some sort of disability like Aspergers syndrome and then follow that up with a bizarre transfer window where they change half the team, even though they were mounting a real challenge for 2nd place with the one they had.

After a sticky start to Cathro's tenure a home destruction of the Huns gives a false impression of sudden lightening quick progress, only for crushing reality to be re established by the Huns going on to prove they are in fact rubbish and extremely beatable and then even worse, yet another even more severe shafting by the mighty Hibees.

As things stand the only positive Hetz have is that the collective wetting of pants with excitement over the new stand will encourage folk to renew STs so they can be a part of the worlds most atmospheric stadium becoming even more atmospheric .... not to mention the fact that who couldn't be seduced by an entrance with lots and lots of glass and its own potted trees covered 'plaza'

But when that becomes old hat as having to 'save the club' already has, what then? ....... All that will matter is what's happening on the park and if that continues to head in the direction its going the current disgruntled mutterings will become an uproar ..... the Yams have been brought up on a self proclaimed ethos of being 'the big club' and having spent two seasons watching that 'big club' do OK in the league and accepting that as progress they will inevitably want more. Being nowhere in the two competitions they have a realistic chance of winning and being humiliated by postmen and shopkeepers from Malta as has been the case since they went up will no longer be tolerated ..... that's not acceptable to 'the famous'

The next few seasons should be interesting .... its all going to be about success on the park and failure will result in the fans turning on Cathro ( that's already begun ) then Levin and then if all else fails Budge herself ...... you simply cant own a football club and be immune from the fallout when things go badly, no matter how big a contribution you have made, even STF can testify to that. Will the FOH pledges and ST sales hold up in the face of the storm? we shall see. I do know the better Hibs do the less time Budge will have to sort things out .... us going up will be bad enough, if we were to retain the cup the famous will be looking for somebody to take it out on and guaranteed that will be their own club :greengrin

A lot of good points.

I posted a thread on Wednesday night which is away down the board now called Levein's Gamble. He admitted the mass short-term signings in January were a gamble. Don't forget the bulk of them arrived only after the cup draw had been made. I think you are bang on re the level of trust Budge puts in him. That signing spree can only have put a huge strain on the finances and I was surprised she let him get away with it - especially with the major infrastructure works underway.

Their business model is extremely high risk. The FOH "share" money now effectively used to supplement their working capital. If there is a run on DD cancellations, they will be goosed. A lot of them have already said they are now out after Wednesday night. If things continue to go backwards on the pitch I can see them heading into very troubled waters.

Mantis Toboggan
24-02-2017, 06:19 PM

Can see why it would maybe offend certain people.
Can we just agree instead that hes 100 percent glaikit?

Iggy Pope
24-02-2017, 06:21 PM

Driving home on Wednesday with a smile you couldn't have taken off with a stick and I'm listening to 'Biscuits' frothing at the mouth about Malaury Martin. "Start him and we can't win" etc etc. He then goes on to divulge that he has played 100 league games. And he is 28. Wikipedia backs this up. 114 total appearances I think.
If he made his debut at 18 or 19 are we talking 10 wage thieving appearances a season? It's one thing being unlucky with injuries but he has some way to go before he gets a stand named after him.

Deansy
24-02-2017, 06:24 PM
They still don't get it though. They all think that they are still the 'big team' with a bigger ambition with better players and better finances blah blah blah. One even said that the 3 million shortfall in the stand was now covered by an anonymous benefactors who will be pumping millions into the club.

I asked when and they said the stand was now paid for and there will be loads of money to spend on players come the summer!

Really!! Head in sand brigade

Totally agree !. In fact, I bet after Brendan Rogers and the next candidate for 'Gardening-leave' at 'Greyskull - that Cathro's probably the highest-paid manager in the SPL - 'Size' is an obsession at the PBS and they MUST continue with the 'Big team' act because they know how their fans would react if 'Reality' was seen to be creeping in !!

Iggy Pope
24-02-2017, 06:26 PM

There are dozens of ways around the staging of the tender process.
Enough said.

matty_f
24-02-2017, 06:28 PM

That's probably more offensive if it turned out he did have some form of autism! :greengrin

Peevemor
Not all building contracts go out to tender. Sometimes when the timescale is really tight and a normal tender process will take too long (which I imagine was the case with these works) then the contract can be negotiated directly with the contractor. If the QS does his job properly then it won't necessarily cost more than under a classic procedure.

Budge's brother is a great guy and isn't just a hibee - he's a mega super uber hibee who also owns a fair wad of Hibs shares.

NAE NOOKIE

That's exactly the thing I was trying to avoid in my post though ...... if people are offended by simply putting forward a theory that the guy may have a condition of some sort imagine the backlash if later on it came out that he did have mild Aspergers or Autism and folk had been describing the guy as 'glaikit' ..... how would that look :dunno:

Glory Lurker
24-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Well, no it isn't actually ....... Its only out of order if I use it in a disrespectful manner or make disparaging remarks about the condition, I did neither, I merely used it as an example of what might be causing Mr Cathro to give the strange interviews he does and in that context its no different from saying he might have gout if it was a limp we were talking about ...... in many cases ( not all ) people with Aspergers syndrome are highly intelligent but have problems expressing themselves or do so in a manner which makes sense to them but not the listener, I was friends with a girl for a few years who had the condition so I do have some experience of being around it.

I have often seen Derek Adams give interviews that would make the thought that he may be slightly autistic not unreasonable and I bet you a million quid I'm not the only person who has thought that. I base that theory on having a nephew who actually does have the condition and displays quite a few of the same facial characteristics. That doesn't make me disrespectful to people who are Autistic in my opinion ...... its merely an observation which may or may not be correct.

If your take on my comment was that I was using the possibility of mild Aspergers in relation to Cathro as a way to take the pish out of him I wasn't I was being deadly serious ...... I hope that puts your mind at ease.

The way your post was worded can be read (as that was how I took it) that either someone talking as if they have Aspergers, or indeed if they actually have Aspergers, is a negative quality. You say here that you didn't mean it disparagingly, so I'll put it down to my misinterpretation of your point. Thanks for your reply.

Mantis Toboggan
24-02-2017, 06:31 PM
That's exactly the thing I was trying to avoid in my post though ...... if people are offended by simply putting forward a theory that the guy may have a condition of some sort imagine the backlash if later on it came out that he did have mild Aspergers or Autism and folk had been describing the guy as 'glaikit' ..... how would that look :dunno:

ah come on, glaikit is a fairly generic insult. surely not as bad as implying the guy has an actual disabilty!

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2017, 06:41 PM

:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2017, 06:45 PM
ah come on, glaikit is a fairly generic insult. surely not as bad as implying the guy has an actual disabilty!

It is but it'd be really offensive if we were right in our diagnosis?

Mantis Toboggan
24-02-2017, 06:51 PM
It is but it'd be really offensive if we were right in our diagnosis?

I think we need to bear in mind that he is from Dundee.
Could in itself be sufficient to explain mumbling and said dopey face.

Alan62
24-02-2017, 07:04 PM
I think we need to bear in mind that he is from Dundee.
Could in itself be sufficient to explain mumbling and said dopey face.

Being from Dundee certainly explains why they're sickened to every sickened ball.

Mantis Toboggan
24-02-2017, 07:07 PM
Being from Dundee certainly explains why they're sickened to every sickened ball.

Are you saying that Hearts have some sort of connection to Dundee in their past? First Ive heard of it. Can anyone fill me in?

Alan62
24-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Are you saying that Hearts have some sort of connection to Dundee in their past? First Ive heard of it. Can anyone fill me in?

They have. I Kidd you not.

greenginger
24-02-2017, 07:20 PM

Picture from tonight's News, shows 100% nearly greetin' ! :greengrin

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ian-cathro-if-players-don-t-fight-they-won-t-be-at-hearts-1-4375232

Pete
24-02-2017, 07:41 PM

I haven't read your original post but I get your point and the theory behind it.

A lot of people who excel in certain fields do indeed share characteristics with those on the autism spectrum. They are hardly noticeable and doesn't mean that they are on the spectrum themselves or are abnormal in any way.

I also read a piece that suggested that Paul Gascoigne had a very, very mild form of Tourette's, which probably contributed to his genius on the field.

Hey, we're all different.

Malthibby
24-02-2017, 07:43 PM
I haven't read your original post but I get your point and the theory behind it.

A lot of people who excel in certain fields do indeed share characteristics with those on the autism spectrum. They are hardly noticeable and doesn't mean that they are on the spectrum themselves or are abnormal in any way.

I also read a piece that suggested that Paul Gascoigne had a very, very mild form of Tourette's, which probably contributed to his genius on the field.

Hey, we're all different.

I'm not.........:greengrin

Captain Trips
24-02-2017, 07:46 PM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ian-cathro-if-players-don-t-fight-they-won-t-be-at-hearts-1-4375232

Aww no what a punishment getting binned by Hearts, if they don't perform they will be shown the door unless Levin was involved in the signing then its fine.

MartinfaePorty
24-02-2017, 07:47 PM
I'm not.........:greengrin

And so's my wife!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
24-02-2017, 07:48 PM
The way your post was worded can be read (as that was how I took it) that either someone talking as if they have Aspergers, or indeed if they actually have Aspergers, is a negative quality. You say here that you didn't mean it disparagingly, so I'll put it down to my misinterpretation of your point. Thanks for your reply.

At the risk of being a bit offensive, surely it is a negative quality? In the same way that habing diabetes or arthritis is a negative quality?

I have very little unerstanding of it though. But cathro does come across like he might be on the spectrum a wee bit.

Anyway, is aspbergers not just the excuse that computer hackers use to avoid jail?

Iggy Pope
24-02-2017, 07:56 PM

How about we just leave wee Cathy as hermless? That make it all less offensive?

https://youtu.be/5F44WfZoIN4

Wee cuddle after Wednesday night and we'll get him on his way. No harm done.

monktonharp
24-02-2017, 07:56 PM
This about sums it up in that Cathy is Potter's boy. He is being groomed by Potter.

glory gloryI have visions of cathroboy being picked up at riccarton by Harry to go and meet Queen Bee at Tynie. he asks daddy, can I sit in the back and play with my laptop.

monktonharp
24-02-2017, 08:01 PM
ah come on, glaikit is a fairly generic insult. surely not as bad as implying the guy has an actual disabilty!you mean, like sayin' there's a history of madness in the family:confused:

Mantis Toboggan
24-02-2017, 08:04 PM
you mean, like sayin' there's a history of madness in the family:confused:

No one is saying anything about madness?

RyeSloan
24-02-2017, 08:06 PM

Same nonsense he was wittering (apologies to any witterers out there) on about in his radio interview after the game.

None of what he says sounds believable...like he's reading from a very poorly written script rather than being able to express his genuine thoughts.

You do wonder though what the pro's think of someone who's never played the game going on about fighting and scrapping for everything, you can imagine them thinking 'what the **** do you know about that"

monktonharp
24-02-2017, 08:07 PM
::
They have. I Kidd you not.:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Same nonsense he was wittering (apologies to any witterers out there) on about in his radio interview after the game.

None of what he says sounds believable...like he's reading from a very poorly written script rather than being able to express his genuine thoughts.

You do wonder though what the pro's think of someone who's never played the game going on about fighting and scrapping for everything, you can imagine them thinking 'what the **** do you know about that"

Callum Paterson gave an interview yesterday saying he's a tactical genius and better than any of the ex footballers that have coached him.

I'm fairly certain it wasn't an attempt at making folk remember who he was by Paterson.

bingo70
24-02-2017, 08:16 PM
Callum Paterson gave an interview yesterday saying he's a tactical genius and better than any of the ex footballers that have coached him.

I'm fairly certain it wasn't an attempt at making folk remember who he was by Paterson.

I think the point that's missed by many, including Paterson, is that tactics are only part of the job. Any idiot can play championship manager 24 hours solid and learn every formation, just like any manager in any industry can be really really liked by their team by being dead nice to them. The difficult part of a managers job imo is motivating the team, you don't do that by teaching dead good tactics or Laying the comes out brilliantly imo.

Onion
24-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Defeat by Hibs makes the Yams question their very existence. :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
24-02-2017, 11:52 PM

Cheers, nae harm nae foul :aok:

GreenLake
25-02-2017, 12:51 AM
Correct

Regardless of the genetics of the contractors this will probably be the last erection at Tynecastle for many years.

FilipinoHibs
25-02-2017, 03:32 AM
But also pushed back the repayment date at the same time?

Is is what is known in the financial world as debt restructuring. A default on the debt and carried out to avoid bankruptcy. DDs must be getting cancelled at a rate of knots while expenditure climbing above forecasts.

GreenLake
25-02-2017, 05:56 AM

He said his tactics are heinous.

Libby Hibby
25-02-2017, 06:17 AM
It's their obsession with the 'big team, wee team' thing that has them in such a spin.

They cannot handle the thought of not being the big team in their own minds, where in truth it's never really bothered me as their are so many instances of where Hibs can be considered the bigger team.

They are frothing at the mouth that since May 2012, we were not 'killed as club' and in some way, since then, our support has galvanised, our team has got better, there is a real connection between club, team and fans and being a Hibby at the moment has so many positives.

Until they let go of the big team nonsense, they are going to be stuck in the Derby doldrums for quite sometime.

I love watching them implode.

GGTTH 💚

hibee316
25-02-2017, 06:19 AM
Anyway, is aspbergers not just the excuse that computer hackers use to avoid jail?

Eh. No.

mjhibby
25-02-2017, 07:38 AM
Totally agree !. In fact, I bet after Brendan Rogers and the next candidate for 'Gardening-leave' at 'Greyskull - that Cathro's probably the highest-paid manager in the SPL - 'Size' is an obsession at the PBS and they MUST continue with the 'Big team' act because they know how their fans would react if 'Reality' was seen to be creeping in !!

I wouldn't be surprised if the new capacity of the pbs if/when it is finished will be a few seats higher than ours so they can claim the have the bigger stadium.

HFCdeb
25-02-2017, 08:25 AM

😂😂😂😂

Carheenlea
25-02-2017, 08:37 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the new capacity of the pbs if/when it is finished will be a few seats higher than ours so they can claim the have the bigger stadium.

If it boils down to being a handful of seats difference, I'd happily remove some of ours to give them the bigger stadium. It means nothing to us - most people would say both stadiums are the same size, but Hearts would use the extra handful of seats to make hilarious proclamations about "big" stadiums and what not. Just the kind of petty drivel they clowns thrive on.

KdyHby
25-02-2017, 08:44 AM
DDs must be getting cancelled at a rate of knots while expenditure climbing above forecasts.

Time for me to sign up with http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/tablet/index.html

southsider
25-02-2017, 09:31 AM

So was Custer and we all know how that ended.