PDA

View Full Version : The 'offside' goal

JackLadd
24-02-2017, 01:43 AM
Not offside at all. When the cross comes in there's at least two hearts defenders playing McG on. We won 4-1. :agree:

Pete
24-02-2017, 01:48 AM
I think he was penalised for climbing.

AZhibee
24-02-2017, 03:36 AM

No way he was offside, was something else. I think the defender just fell down in awe of DM.

BH Hibs
24-02-2017, 05:23 AM

Ref definitely gave offside as it was an indirect free kick.

MacGruber
24-02-2017, 05:26 AM
I think the goal was fine - onside and no foul

However the Holt goal looked offside (all the better)

Regardless of both it should have been 6 or 7 never mind 4

ACLeith
24-02-2017, 05:34 AM
I think the goal was fine - onside and no foul

However the Holt goal looked offside (all the better)

Regardless of both it should have been 6 or 7 never mind 4

Looked well off st the game but Paused the tv pictures, onside by the proverbial hair. Couldn't have criticised the lino had he flagged though.

iwasthere1972
24-02-2017, 06:15 AM
https://youtu.be/J3_XLl06YCQ

Didn't think it was offside either when I filmed it. Guy next to me nearly knocked my phone out my hand when the ball hit the back of the neck. Managed to catch it before it hit the deck. :greengrin

hibbysam
24-02-2017, 06:18 AM
He was half a yard offside, he never managed to get himself inside at any point and the fact he was the closest player to the Lino made it easy for him to put his flag up.

Mon Dieu4
24-02-2017, 06:27 AM
I was in line with it, he was standing offside the whole time in the build up, so much so the linesman did something I've never seen, before it was taken he walked about 5 yards onto the pitch for a closer look, then went back to the line and when it was taken he put his flag up

Brightside
24-02-2017, 06:29 AM
I was in line also...and everyone next to me thought he was off. But the replay shows his intelligence as he runs along the line right on it with Kitchen. Then steps forward right at the pass from Cummings. Its brilliant from the Lino tbf.

3pm
24-02-2017, 06:34 AM
Had McGregor to score last at 40/1. Bad linesman!

greenlex
24-02-2017, 07:28 AM
Kitchen got subbed at half time.

Yup. Couldn't stand the heat.

danhibees1875
24-02-2017, 07:28 AM

Well he must have been miles onside then. :angry:

aussie_hibee
24-02-2017, 07:43 AM

Pretty sure he's talking about Holt's goal

Brightside
24-02-2017, 08:31 AM
Pretty sure he's talking about Holt's goal

aye.... the thread is all over the place tbh! :greengrin

Dav1986
24-02-2017, 09:06 AM
I was inline with where Mcgregor was and he was standing offside before the kick was taken, expecting the hearts back line to drop a yard or 2. They didn't early enough so he was still half a yard offside when the free kick was taken. Few folk about me saying it before it was taken aswell. I actually didn't bother to celebrate as knew he was offside and wouldn't count.

They're lucky though, should easily have been 5 or 6 the other night!

dp00
24-02-2017, 10:14 AM
I was inline with where Mcgregor was and he was standing offside before the kick was taken, expecting the hearts back line to drop a yard or 2. They didn't early enough so he was still half a yard offside when the free kick was taken. Few folk about me saying it before it was taken aswell. I actually didn't bother to celebrate as knew he was offside and wouldn't count.

They're lucky though, should easily have been 5 or 6 the other night!

Yep me and mate said similar , clearly offside from we were standing inline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fulshie
24-02-2017, 11:17 AM
I was sitting in east block 39 and my seat was slightly to the left of where McGregor was standing. Just seconds before the free kick was taken I said to the guy on my left side sitting next to me "mcgregors offside and he remained in that position until the set piece was played. Defo a good call from linesman as he was defo offside at the time the ball was kicked. I did not jump in celebration as the flag was up before he headed the ball and I knew what was coming.

birdspotter
24-02-2017, 01:46 PM
I was sitting in east block 39 and my seat was slightly to the left of where McGregor was standing. Just seconds before the free kick was taken I said to the guy on my left side sitting next to me "mcgregors offside and he remained in that position until the set piece was played. Defo a good call from linesman as he was defo offside at the time the ball was kicked. I did not jump in celebration as the flag was up before he headed the ball and I knew what was coming.

Yep as stated above it was offside. I was sitting just about directly inline with it in the East. All around me agreed it was offside also.
Would've been nice had the linesman got it wrong! 😂

brog
24-02-2017, 02:05 PM

Yep, 100%. It would have been nice though to get an offside goal given, as minor compensation for Forster's 4 yard onside goal ruled out at PBS or even Leigh's 2 yard over the line free kick. I genuinely can't remember us ever getting the benefit of a major wrong decision vs Yams. Even going way back & the late late King Pat goal, it was proved conclusively to be well onside.

ancient hibee
24-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Not offside at all. When the cross comes in there's at least two hearts defenders playing McG on. We won 4-1. :agree:
Doesn't matter where he is when the cross comes inIt's where he is when it's taken.He did the same in the first half but wasn't flagged.

SRHibs
24-02-2017, 03:59 PM
We also had a good shout for a penalty in the first few minutes. Looked like a penalty from where I was sitting!