PDA

View Full Version : Ranieri Gone! (NHC)

snooky
24-02-2017, 01:12 AM
That's it. The game is well and truly Foxed!
What are the management thinking? :crazy: Words fail me.
Money/Sky/BBC/ have totally ruined the beautiful game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39070927

Northernhibee
24-02-2017, 01:26 AM

Disagree that the BBC have ruined the game, they've always been decent in their coverage. The Sky method of constantly hyping everything as a never to be repeated spectacle and throwing tens if not hundreds of millions at a product that's not worth it have ruined it.

The difference between top flight income and championship income is obscene and there's every chance that Leicester wouldn't be promoted the following season as it's a competitive league. From a business sense, the Leicester board didn't really have another choice.

I don't enjoy EPL football, La Liga etc. because of the obscene amounts of money involved.

SJNB Hibby
24-02-2017, 01:58 AM

Disgrace of a decision...cant believe the fans will be in favour

Pete
24-02-2017, 02:08 AM
This is just cruel.

How many times can one be sacked in the space of a few hours?

Viva_Palmeiras
24-02-2017, 06:19 AM
Was he not supposed to have been on the cards for Hearts in their crazy years?

hibbycraig
24-02-2017, 07:52 AM
Leicester have been woeful this season in the league tho. Their aim is to not get relegated. They spent loads of money in the summer, new signings and new contracts yet sit 1 point above relegation, have lost 5 straight games and haven't scored a league goal in 2017. It's obviously not working this season. The board can't just sit and watch the team get relegated.

PeeKay
24-02-2017, 08:06 AM
Lennon in the frame to replace him according to press sources.

Scorrie
24-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Lennon in the frame to replace him according to press sources.

Oh no that's all we need. I got one really want Lennon to stay.

Ozyhibby
24-02-2017, 08:47 AM
Stopped watching English footy years ago. My foreign mercenary is better than your foreign mercenary? No thanks. I think it's great that the Hibs team has 4 or 5 local lads getting to live the dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easty
24-02-2017, 08:51 AM
How long were they meant to give him?

Aye, what he did was amazing, and he'll be a Leicester legend forever, but they've been stinkin this season. That's not ok just cos last season he won the league.

Whether you want football to be about the money or not, it'd lose them a fortune if they went down. It does matter.

Andy74
24-02-2017, 09:42 AM
How long were they meant to give him?

Aye, what he did was amazing, and he'll be a Leicester legend forever, but they've been stinkin this season. That's not ok just cos last season he won the league.

Whether you want football to be about the money or not, it'd lose them a fortune if they went down. It does matter.

Yep and let's not pretend we wouldn't have been hounding someone with this years record months ago.

We are generous with our patience elsewhere though!

snooky
24-02-2017, 09:51 AM
This is just cruel.

How many times can one be sacked in the space of a few hours?

Agreed ;-)

(Can admin merge the threads?)

Northernhibee
24-02-2017, 10:41 AM
He was taking them down without a trace. Never mind picking up points, they couldn't even score a goal.

The correct decision is rarely ever the easy decision.

lucky
24-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Two seasons in a row that the manager who wins the league the previous season gets sacked. I understand the decision but part of me thinks wtf. If Stubbs had stayed and we were 3rd or 4th top there would be clamour on here for him to be sacked

Jim44
24-02-2017, 12:43 PM
I heard on the news a wee while ago that player complaints about him contributed to the decision.

Iain G
24-02-2017, 01:11 PM
I heard on the news a wee while ago that player complaints about him contributed to the decision.

BBC are reporting much the same and some of the players who were there under Pearson are complaining about Ranieri.

No loyalty to the man who drove them to the league championship, footballers are a petty and morally bankrupt species driven by money and ego and fame. Bunch of crybabies.

Pretty disgusting and sad really :agree:

GreenNWhiteArmy
24-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Significant wage rises to key players
75M spent on new recruits
0 league goals in 2017
0 league wins in 2017
0 away wins all season

I can certainly see why the owners have made the decision but you've still got to feel for him.

Put it this way, if Stubbsy stayed and we were languishing in 3rd place 7 or 8 points behind the leaders, many on here would be calling for his head despite bringing the holy grail home.

LustForLeith
24-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Just read his statement about leaving and I think I have something in my eye

emerald green
24-02-2017, 06:56 PM
There's no sentiment or loyalty in football in this day and age. It's all about the big bucks.

The financial consequences of relegation for Leicester City (especially given they are reigning champions) inevitably meant the sack for Ranieri.

For a club to implode in such a manner in such a short period of time, I think the players also need to have a good look at themselves too. It will be interesting to see if Leicester's results improve now that the manager has been sacked, and if they manage to avoid relegation.

Radium
24-02-2017, 07:43 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170224/d209eb15b74d860aeecf2f72f108682e.jpg

Hadn't made this connection, Jim McIntyre the last man standing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete
24-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Just read his statement about leaving and I think I have something in my eye

Very moving. I can imagine the supporters being even more angry after reading that.

Sioux
24-02-2017, 11:35 PM
At what point does poor performance ever become the fault of the players? Far too often they strut about with pockets bulging with cash, driving flash cars and playing the big time Charlie, not giving a **** whether they win or lose sometimes, and with the arrogance that it's always someone else's fault.

One day football will wake up. Stop treating these players like some demigods.

As far as Leicester are concerned there is no way that the team are as bad as they are simply because Ranieri's still there. And if it is true that players have gone behind his back, name them and shame them.

The nonsense knee jerk reaction that a manager should be emptied as soon as some bad results comes along should be much more closely analysed . The players who are ultimately responsible get off with little criticism, and that suits them down to the ground. They're quite happy to move on and get another big wage elsewhere after they've gone through the motions - repeat to infinity.

Rant over.:greengrin

eastmainsmsh
24-02-2017, 11:37 PM
Hope they don't appoint Martin o Neil as dof and Lenny first team coach

Fergos
24-02-2017, 11:42 PM
[QUOTE=Sioux;4957060]At what point does poor performance ever become the fault of the players? Far too often they strut about with pockets bulging with cash, driving flash cars and playing the big time Charlie, not giving a **** whether they win or lose sometimes, and with the arrogance that it's always someone else's fault.

As far as Leicester are concerned there is no way that the team are as bad as they are simply because Ranieri's still there. And if it is true that players have gone behind his back, name them and shame them.

The nonsense knee jerk reaction that a manager should be emptied as soon as some bad results comes along should be much more closely analysed . The players who are ultimately responsible get off with little criticism, and that suits them down to the ground. They're quite happy to move on and get another big wage elsewhere after they've gone through the motions - repeat to infinity.

Agree with the sentiments but I can't see English football ever waking up. They have sold themselves and their national teams chances to a media Corp. Reap what you sow.

GGTTH

Sioux
24-02-2017, 11:59 PM
I agree Fergos to the extent of the EPL. But sacking managers isn't unique to that league, although they've got it down to a finer art than elsewhere I suppose.

Eyrie
25-02-2017, 12:05 PM
At what point does poor performance ever become the fault of the players? Far too often they strut about with pockets bulging with cash, driving flash cars and playing the big time Charlie, not giving a **** whether they win or lose sometimes, and with the arrogance that it's always someone else's fault.

Unfortunately it's cheaper to replace a manager and assistant than it is to replace a dozen players on long term contracts.