PDA

View Full Version : The flare

KWJ
23-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Surprised this has barely been mentioned here (that I've seen) but while I don't want Hibs to be punished the idiot that was to blame for it should be.

After the first goal there was a item which I think must have been a green flare thrown from about block 2 of the west lower that looked like it must've landed in the Hearts end at the south west. It then made it's way pitchside and was covered by a steward with green smoke coming out.

Flares/smoke bombs aren't allowed for a reason and chucking them into a group of people that includes kids is ****ing idiotic and shameful.

I've seen some Hibs fans denying this happened as perhaps they've only seen videos where the item is by the pitch but I definitely saw it going flying in front of me with enough force to take it into their end and potentially do some damage.

wookie70
23-02-2017, 11:17 PM
Idiotic taking these items into the ground and even more stupid throwing them into the away fans where you are guaranteed not only to cause danger but get reported and cost the Club. If fans think they add to the atmosphere can we look at the club setting something up that is safe. Surprised it came for the West stand it would surely have made the prawn sandwiches taste a bit smokey.

KWJ
23-02-2017, 11:23 PM
This was a take any seat you can get game ;)

Bit of a search and it seems it hit a guy in their end without causing injury or being set off. He then threw it pitchside where it went off on landing or he had done whatever you do to make it smoke.

So no real damage done other than a missile launched into their end but it could've been much worse.

Just celebrate the goal ffs.

SaulGoodman
23-02-2017, 11:24 PM
Idiotic taking these items into the ground and even more stupid throwing them into the away fans where you are guaranteed not only to cause danger but get reported and cost the Club. If fans think they add to the atmosphere can we look at the club setting something up that is safe. Surprised it came for the West stand it would surely have made the prawn sandwiches taste a bit smokey.

It was smoked salmon on the menu.

The amount of people running about the pitch after the first was a bit embarrassing too. We've had our time on the pitch after the cup final.

SanFranHibs
24-02-2017, 12:33 AM
And what was thrown at JC, or at least in his direction, by someone from the lower east when he ran over to celebrate? An empty paper cup?

hibbysam
24-02-2017, 06:17 AM
And what was thrown at JC, or at least in his direction, by someone from the lower east when he ran over to celebrate? An empty paper cup?

I don't think it was thrown 'at him', more thrown away in celebration and it ended up on the pitch. I'd be mightily surprised if we were launching things at a man who had just scored in an Edinburgh Derby.

wookie70
24-02-2017, 07:54 AM
I don't think it was thrown 'at him', more thrown away in celebration and it ended up on the pitch. I'd be mightily surprised if we were launching things at a man who had just scored in an Edinburgh Derby.

So would I but be surprised but it would hurt just as much if it was thrown in celebration as any other way. Fans keep hurting the clubs reputation and possibly finances by continuing to come onto the pitch and throw smoke bombs for their own gratitude. That kind of attitude leads to dafties putting their self before a player and the club and not thinking what they are doing. The atmosphere was great on Wednesday but we just need to get the balance right between exuberance and over indulgence.

I haven't seen anything from the club but a reminder about what behavior is expected and what the punishment is for not observing is required. The plastic bottle that come on the pitch towards Jason looked like it came from the "singing section" as did most of those coming on to the pitch. If they are moved to the upper FF then that bottle, which shouldn't have been in the ground in the first place, would be landing with some force on a fellow supporter below.

scott7_0(Prague)
24-02-2017, 07:55 AM
This was a take any seat you can get game ;)

Bit of a search and it seems it hit a guy in their end without causing injury or being set off. He then threw it pitchside where it went off on landing or he had done whatever you do to make it smoke.

So no real damage done other than a missile launched into their end but it could've been much worse.

Just celebrate the goal ffs.

The flare actually hit one of my Friends teenage girl who had to be taking to the medical room at Easter room with burns on her leg. She is fine now with superficial burns, but was in a bit of a state as you can imagine.

Unfortunately there are idiots in every teams supporters, people need to realize what there idiotic action could lead to.

rossevenil
24-02-2017, 07:58 AM
And FFS can people stay off the bloody pitch when we score.....asking for the SPFL/SFA to throw a fine at the club!

scoopyboy
24-02-2017, 07:59 AM
The flare actually hit one of my Friends teenage girl who had to be taking to the medical room at Easter room with burns on her leg. She is fine now with superficial burns, but was in a bit of a state as you can imagine.

Unfortunately there are idiots in every teams supporters, people need to realize what there idiotic action could lead to.

Shocking, this needs to be stopped.

BoomtownHibees
24-02-2017, 07:59 AM
So would I but be surprised but it would hurt just as much if it was thrown in celebration as any other way. Fans keep hurting the clubs reputation and possibly finances by continuing to come onto the pitch and throw smoke bombs for their own gratitude. That kind of attitude leads to dafties putting their self before a player and the club and not thinking what they are doing. The atmosphere was great on Wednesday but we just need to get the balance right between exuberance and over indulgence.

I haven't seen anything from the club but a reminder about what behavior is expected and what the punishment is for not observing is required. The plastic bottle that come on the pitch towards Jason looked like it came from the "singing section" as did most of those coming on to the pitch. If they are moved to the upper FF then that bottle, which shouldn't have been in the ground in the first place, would be landing with some force on a fellow supporter below.

It was a paper cup

marinello59
24-02-2017, 08:02 AM

The fans on the pitch and the bottle thrower may have had nothing to do with the group moving to the FF next season.

Salt N Sauzee
24-02-2017, 08:02 AM

Strange cause it wasn't a flare it was a smoke bomb. It was thrown from a couple rows in front of me in the west. Stupid throwing it into the away end regardless.

marinello59
24-02-2017, 08:06 AM
Strange cause it wasn't a flare it was a smoke bomb. It was thrown from a couple rows in front of me in the west.

I couldn't tell the difference myself from any sort of distance. Does it say it in big writing on the side?

scott7_0(Prague)
24-02-2017, 08:06 AM
Strange cause it wasn't a flare it was a smoke bomb. It was thrown from a couple rows in front of me in the west.

Ok a smoke bomb. call it what you want. I wasnt there just say the smoke/green from TV footage.

None the less, the kid was burnt from it. As it was just in front of you did anyone come to the idiot who chucked it?

EH54
24-02-2017, 08:09 AM
@scott7_0(Prague)

Obviously you will know more than me if you know them Scott but what i have read and seen i thought the girl taking to the medical room was the girl who fell down the stairs and knocked herself unconscious? Unfortunate if two separate incidents involved a teenage girl.

scott7_0(Prague)
24-02-2017, 08:11 AM
@scott7_0(Prague)

Obviously you will know more than me if you know them Scott but what i have read and seen i thought the girl taking to the medical room was the girl who fell down the stairs and knocked herself unconscious? Unfortunate if two separate incidents involved a teenage girl.

Ive seen the photos of the girls leg.

But of course still possible someone else fell and knocked themselves out.

Salt N Sauzee
24-02-2017, 08:15 AM
I couldn't tell the difference myself from any sort of distance. Does it say it in big writing on the side?

Flares burn red hot at the top and create a bright light whereas Smoke Bombs once struck at the top to ignite aren't really hot at all to the touch. Pretty easy to tell them apart. I used to use them a lot at Paintball.

Ok a smoke bomb. call it what you want. I wasnt there just say the smoke/green from TV footage.

None the less, the kid was burnt from it. As it was just in front of you did anyone come to the idiot who chucked it?

The Police/Stewards done nothing about it to be honest mate, they done their usual and formed a line down the front in front of the area they suspected the Smoke Bomb came from and just stared at everyone in that zone. Didn't see them lift anyone or approach anyone either.

KWJ
24-02-2017, 08:22 AM
Ive seen the photos of the girls leg.

But of course still possible someone else fell and knocked themselves out.

There were photos being shown on hibs paige which were apparently fakes and used by arsenal fans before but all of that seems a bit odd so I've no idea what's going on there.

Bottom line, dinnae bring things into the ground you shouldnae and dinnae chuck physical items at oppo fans.

AKA dinnae be an arse.

marinello59
24-02-2017, 08:22 AM
Flares burn red hot at the top and create a bright light whereas Smoke Bombs once struck at the top to ignite aren't really hot at all to the touch. Pretty easy to tell them apart. I used to use them a lot at Paintball.

Just goes to show just how much better paintball training is than military training. :greengrin
My point is that throwing either of them in to people not expecting it will at the very least cause distress and alarm. I'm a bit more ambivalent about them being set off and held in the crowd. Malmo have got together with their fans to introduce safe flares which seems like a sensible solution to an ongoing problem. Maybe it's something the Scots football authorities could learn about and see if it would work here.

hibeemikey21
24-02-2017, 08:26 AM
There were photos being shown on hibs paige which were apparently fakes and used by arsenal fans before but all of that seems a bit odd so I've no idea what's going on there.

Bottom line, dinnae bring things into the ground you shouldnae and dinnae chuck physical items at oppo fans.

AKA dinnae be an arse.

It was thrown from just in front of me (no idea who chucked it, for the record) and I followed its path. It hit a man, who promptly picked it up from his feet and lobbed it on the pitch (I was focusing on what he was doing with it as I thought it was going to be returned to the sender!). No one was injured by it.

Salt N Sauzee
24-02-2017, 08:28 AM
Just goes to show just how much better paintball training is than military training. :greengrin
My point is that throwing either of them in to people not expecting it will at the very least cause distress and alarm. I'm a bit more ambivalent about them being set off and held in the crowd. Malmo have got together with their fans to introduce safe flares which seems like a sensible solution to an ongoing problem. Maybe it's something the Scots football authorities could learn about and see if it would work here.

Haha true. It's very possible that some smoke bombs do generate quite a bit of heat the longer they burn (such as the metal casing heating up etc.) But the ones I used never got too hot. I never had one thrown right at me before either!

Throwing them into the crowd is too far, I agree. I think smoke bombs and flares look great at the football though as long as people keep them in their hands or at their feet. Adds a lot of colour.

Geo_1875
24-02-2017, 08:30 AM

Someone must know if it was a flare checked at a teenage girl or a smokebomb chucked at a guy.

The Police/Stewards done nothing about it to be honest mate, they done their usual and formed a line down the front in front of the area they suspected the Smoke Bomb came from and just stared at everyone in that zone. Didn't see them lift anyone or approach anyone either.

They'll be scouring the TV coverage to find the culprit.

scott7_0(Prague)
24-02-2017, 08:30 AM
It was thrown from just in front of me (no idea who chucked it, for the record) and I followed its path. It hit a man, who promptly picked it up from his feet and lobbed it on the pitch (I was focusing on what he was doing with it as I thought it was going to be returned to the sender!). No one was injured by it.

It hit the girl first then the guy next to her threw it pitch side. Girl was injured.

FC Leige
24-02-2017, 08:37 AM
surprised this has barely been mentioned here (that i've seen) but while i don't want hibs to be punished the idiot that was to blame for it should be.

After the first goal there was a item which i think must have been a green flare thrown from about block 2 of the west lower that looked like it must've landed in the hearts end at the south west. It then made it's way pitchside and was covered by a steward with green smoke coming out.

Flares/smoke bombs aren't allowed for a reason and chucking them into a group of people that includes kids is ****ing idiotic and shameful.

I've seen some hibs fans denying this happened as perhaps they've only seen videos where the item is by the pitch but i definitely saw it going flying in front of me with enough force to take it into their end and it took a touch away from my celebrating of the first goal. Some people are just looking to be outraged and offended. But anyway who cares about a flair it adds to the atmosphere. Maybe you are just too sensitive for these kind of games

green&left
24-02-2017, 08:41 AM
So to clarify we had a green smoke bomb thrown onto the pitch which was put out by stewards (The same smoke bombs thrown about at paintball). A paper cup thrown onto the pitch and 6 teenagers running about on the trackside for 15 seconds before being ushered back into the stand by police. For an evening cup-tie derby match all in all complete non-talking points really in the real, non internet hibs.net world.

Golden Bear
24-02-2017, 08:43 AM
So to clarify we had a green smoke bomb thrown onto the pitch which was put out by stewards. A paper cup thrown onto the pitch and 6 teenagers running about on the trackside for 15 seconds before being ushered back into the stand by police. For an evening cup-tie derby match all in all complete non-talking points really in the real, non internet hibs.net world.

In the real world there's also a distinct possibility that the Club will will be punished for these incidents. If you're happy with that, then fine, but I sure ain't.

FC Leige
24-02-2017, 08:43 AM
It hit the girl first then the guy next to her threw it pitch side. Girl was injured. The girl was injured?? Your right i saw the stewards rushing up to her with buckets of cold water. Third degree burns i heard

hibeemikey21
24-02-2017, 08:44 AM
So to clarify we had a green smoke bomb thrown onto the pitch which was put out by stewards (The same smoke bombs thrown about at paintball). A paper cup thrown onto the pitch and 6 teenagers running about on the trackside for 15 seconds before being ushered back into the stand by police. For an evening cup-tie derby match all in all complete non-talking points really in the real, non internet hibs.net world.

Nah, to be fair, the smoke bomb definitely hit a hearts fan

marinello59
24-02-2017, 08:45 AM
The girl was injured?? Your right i saw the stewards rushing up to her with buckets of cold water. Third degree burns i heard

No need for that. There is a decent discussion going on here.

FC Leige
24-02-2017, 08:47 AM
In the real world there's also a distinct possibility that the Club will will be punished for these incidents. If you're happy with that, then fine, but I sure ain't.

In the real world in high octane atmospheres people get excited and indulge in over exuberant behaviour. God help us if we ever just politely clap when Hibs score against Hearts

FC Leige
24-02-2017, 08:50 AM
No need for that. There is a decent discussion going on here. Sorry, i just cant be bothered with easily offended highly sensitive fans. We've just beaten Hearts and people are crying about another Hibs fan throwing a smoke bomb.

marinello59
24-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Sorry, i just cant be bothered with easily offended highly sensitive fans. We've just beaten Hearts and people a crying about another Hibs fan throwing a smoke bomb.

You can stop making deliberately inflammatory posts (trolling) If you can't be bothered,then please don't. It's really your choice.

Moulin Yarns
24-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Sorry, i just cant be bothered with easily offended highly sensitive fans. We've just beaten Hearts and people are crying about another Hibs fan throwing a smoke bomb.

Are you offering to pay the fine that the club are likely to get on the back of this stupid incident???

scott7_0(Prague)
24-02-2017, 08:54 AM
Sorry, i just cant be bothered with easily offended highly sensitive fans. We've just beaten Hearts and people are crying about another Hibs fan throwing a smoke bomb.

No one is offended fella.

But if you cant see the potential issues of chucking something into a crowd of people regardless of the team they support then fool to you.

I bet you would be on your high horse if it was thrown from the away stand into the Hibs end.

Brightside
24-02-2017, 08:55 AM
No one should have flares or smoke bombs at the games. Its that simple. If the club find out who they are they should be banned.

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2017, 08:55 AM
Hibs will be fined for this no doubt.

I find someone throwing a flare into opposing fans, totally idiotic

CRAZYHIBBY
24-02-2017, 09:03 AM
I reckon the smoke bomb was the reason hearts lost....the smoke clearly blocked cathros wifi signal

mim
24-02-2017, 09:09 AM
In the real world in high octane atmospheres people get excited and indulge in over exuberant behaviour. God help us if we ever just politely clap when Hibs score against Hearts

While what you are saying is true, I doubt that the person who threw the smoke bomb was in a state of excitement when he bought the thing and took it into the stadium.

Arrant stupidity :confused:

wearethehibs
24-02-2017, 09:12 AM
Im no saying people on here are talking rubbish but surely if a young girl was burnt by an object thrown by another supporter it would be all over social media etc and surely it would have made the papers. This thread is the only thing I have seen about it.

Oh and someone losing grip of a paper cup while celebrating is not an object being thrown at 1 of our own players.

scott7_0(Prague)
24-02-2017, 09:15 AM
Im no saying people on here are talking rubbish but surely if a young girl was burnt by an object thrown by another supporter it would be all over social media etc and surely it would have made the papers. This thread is the only thing I have seen about it.

You are suggestion people are talking rubbish though. :rolleyes:

percy veer
24-02-2017, 09:18 AM
I think this may be a bit of a smoke screen for their feeble performance

wearethehibs
24-02-2017, 09:19 AM
You are suggestion people are talking rubbish though. :rolleyes:

Well a similar incident did happen at Tynecastle and it was all over the papers the next day.

So Im just surprised that if this did happen, that its not being reported anywhere else.

FC Leige
24-02-2017, 09:20 AM
You are suggestion people are talking rubbish though. :rolleyes: To be truthful if this had happened there would be a 20 page thread on Kickback and at least one newspaper would have mentioned it. I have not seen a single mention of this incident anywhere apart from on here. So either it didnt happen or its not as serious as folk are making out. So lets put it to bed and continue celebrating.

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2017, 09:23 AM
To be truthful if this had happened there would be a 20 page thread on Kickback and at least one newspaper would have mentioned it. I have not seen a single mention of this incident anywhere apart from on here. So either it didnt happen or its not as serious as folk are making out. So lets put it to bed and continue celebrating.

Wait until later, you will realise how serious it is, believe SFA are investigating us for incident

Salt N Sauzee
24-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Wait until later, you will realise how serious it is, believe SFA are investigating us for incident

Not surprised. Where did you here that?

Waxy
24-02-2017, 09:31 AM
Gonnae just no bring flares to the game? Risk of someone getting a hugely serious injury.

pacoluna
24-02-2017, 09:33 AM
Let the Hibs.net police commence, they will be all over this thread like a rash just like they were with the hampden enquiry, if there was a flare/smoke bomb thrown at the away end the appropriate authorities will deal with it, we don't need the second guessing .net detectives on the case they bore the death out of me, and no I don't condone what happened.

hibee_nation
24-02-2017, 09:34 AM
I am not convinced that that green smoke bomb that was launched at the hertz fans would have caused such serious burns as shown. She would need to sit with it on her lap to get burns like that if indeed possible from a smoke bomb. Either way it was a mental thing to do and should never have happened. The paper cup is a non event in my book.

The_Horde
24-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Keep the ball on the

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2017, 09:44 AM
Let the Hibs.net police commence, they will be all over this thread like a rash just like they were with the hampden enquiry, if there was a flare/smoke bomb thrown at the away end the appropriate authorities will deal with it, we don't need the second guessing .net detectives on the case they bore the death out of me, and no I don't condone what happened.

oh dear.....So it shouldn't be discussed as it bores you?

KWJ
24-02-2017, 09:45 AM
To be truthful if this had happened there would be a 20 page thread on Kickback and at least one newspaper would have mentioned it. I have not seen a single mention of this incident anywhere apart from on here. So either it didnt happen or its not as serious as folk are making out. So lets put it to bed and continue celebrating.

Where's that ostrich emoji when you need it.

It happened, I saw it, others have said they saw it. Injury or not as others have said not only is it dangerous, pre meditated and idiotic it's more bad press and financial punishment for the club when we're already under scrutiny.

I started the thread as I read about it on social media and many Hibees were coming back saying that the flare/smoke bomb only made it to the pitch having not realised that it had got there via the Hearts end.

Didn't spoil my Wednesday night in the slightest but I'd definitely prefer it not to have happened and I hope it doesn't happen again in the future.

pacoluna
24-02-2017, 09:51 AM
oh dear.....So it shouldn't be discussed as it bores you?
it should discussed when the authorities have dealt with it, instead of second guessing like a lot of you do all the time. Some posters love these kind of threads.

Moulin Yarns
24-02-2017, 09:54 AM
it should discussed when the authorities have dealt with it, instead of second guessing like a lot of you do all the time. Some posters love these kind of threads.

If you are bored, and don't want to discuss it, why are you on this thread? :rolleyes:

FC Leige
24-02-2017, 09:55 AM
It happened, I saw it,

I started the thread as I read about it on social media

What one was it? Did you see a young girl getting seriously burnt or did you read about it on Facebook?

Blaster
24-02-2017, 09:56 AM

I think most would prefer people not to ignore the dangers and just stop taking them to games. Then we wouldn't need the thread at all and can just focus on properly celebrating another great victory

Or maybe that's just me??

Monts
24-02-2017, 10:11 AM
What one was it? Did you see a young girl getting seriously burnt or did you read about it on Facebook?

He saw it happen.

He read people talking about the flare on social media, but not about how it had been thrown into the hearts end.

pacoluna
24-02-2017, 10:13 AM
If you are bored, and don't want to discuss it, why are you on this thread? :rolleyes:
The nauseating never ending posts on the hampden thread served no constructiveness whatsoever, world war 3 had started, going by comments made by some intimidating posters. Effectively all they were doing was second guessing and it caused a lot of confusion,anxiety and doubt when there was no need for it, it was dealt with by the appropriate people.. I don't know why people want to discuss topics like this when there is no facts, giving the nature of the topic it should be discussed after the authorities have dealt with it.

Monts
24-02-2017, 10:14 AM
The nauseating never ending posts on the hampden thread served no constructiveness whatsoever, world war 3 had started, going by comments made by some intimidating posters. Effectively all they were doing was second guessing and it caused a lot of confusion,anxiety and doubt when there was no need for it, it was dealt with by the appropriate people.. I don't know why people want to discuss topics like this when there is no facts, giving the nature of the topic it should be discussed after the authorities have dealt with it.

Because the authorities always get everything right?

FC Leige
24-02-2017, 10:18 AM
He saw it happen.

He read people talking about the flare on social media, but not about how it had been thrown into the hearts end. Aye ok that clears it up :confused:

FC Leige
24-02-2017, 10:20 AM
The nauseating never ending posts on the hampden thread served no constructiveness whatsoever, world war 3 had started, going by comments made by some intimidating posters. Effectively all they were doing was second guessing and it caused a lot of confusion,anxiety and doubt when there was no need for it, it was dealt with by the appropriate people.. I don't know why people want to discuss topics like this when there is no facts, giving the nature of the topic it should be discussed after the authorities have dealt with it. There is facts. One of the guys read about it on Facebook:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2017, 10:21 AM

Ok then, I know it is being investigated. After Hampden we could be in bother, either fine, or other penalties....That sit OK with you then?

Craig_HFC
24-02-2017, 10:23 AM
Keep the ball on the

:greengrin

FC Leige
24-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Ok then, I know it is being investigated. After Hampden we could be in bother, either fine, or other penalties....That sit OK with you then? The stewards are that obsessed with checking for adults with kids tickets they forgot to look for pyros

scott7_0(Prague)
24-02-2017, 10:29 AM
There is facts. One of the guys read about it on Facebook:rolleyes:

Yes i suppose as a 42 year old adult i am happy to come on fans forums making things up.

Believe me or not.

KWJ
24-02-2017, 10:29 AM

What I saw is in the OP.

If you're saying that a potentially dangerous item thrown from the Hibs end into the Hearts end only matters if there's evidence that it hurt a child then I completely disagree with you.

It shouldn't have happened and we should attempt to prevent it from happening again.

Moulin Yarns
24-02-2017, 10:30 AM

Aye ok that clears it up :confused:

There is facts. One of the guys read about it on Facebook:rolleyes:

There are facts, there are also witnesses to those facts. Those witnesses have relayed those facts, but for some reasons certain posters don't accept them or want to dispute the facts.

The authorities will deal with the facts and as a result, Hibs will be sanctioned and hopefully the idiot that threw the device will be charged and found guilty of an offence and banned for life.

Craig_HFC
24-02-2017, 10:37 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170224/26adeebdbe81c04a8fd934dee05160ec.jpg

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2017, 10:38 AM
The stewards are that obsessed with checking for adults with kids tickets they forgot to look for pyros

Great:aok:

pacoluna
24-02-2017, 10:43 AM
There are facts, there are also witnesses to those facts. Those witnesses have relayed those facts, but for some reasons certain posters don't accept them or want to dispute the facts.

The authorities will deal with the facts and as a result, Hibs will be sanctioned and hopefully the idiot that threw the device will be charged and found guilty of an offence and banned for life.
I have seen no facts. I'm not condoning what happened, i'm just saying let the authorities deal with it. I don't understand why it hasn't been on the news.

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2017, 10:46 AM
I have seen no facts. I'm not condoning what happened, i'm just saying let the authorities deal with it. I don't understand why it hasn't been on the news.

The authorities are dealing with it

24-02-2017, 10:47 AM
And FFS can people stay off the bloody pitch when we score.....asking for the SPFL/SFA to throw a fine at the club!

True, no need in it at all. Although I must say I am getting my kill at the jambos getting all uppity and on their high horses about it seen as every single time they ever score at ER there are some of their supporters that run on the pitch. They are the last set of fans that should be taking a moral high ground about fans jumping the barrier, as i'm sure our manager and Derek Riordan will tell you.

As for the flare/smoke bomb. Just keep them out of the stadium. Again, no need in it. At tynecastle a few years back, someone set one off in section N when they scored and a man had to lift his wee boy over the barrier to get away from it as it was obviously horrible to breathe in. I don't know if the wee lad was asthmatic or something but either way when your right up close to in in a confided space it is not pleasant.

Just enjoy celebrating the goals in the stands and keep the nonsense away. The atmosphere was fantastic without it.

Moulin Yarns
24-02-2017, 10:51 AM

Witness statement, surely that is good enough to be taken as fact.

After the first goal there was a item which I think must have been a green flare thrown from about block 2 of the west lower that looked like it must've landed in the Hearts end at the south west. It then made it's way pitchside and was covered by a steward with green smoke coming out.

I've seen some Hibs fans denying this happened as perhaps they've only seen videos where the item is by the pitch but I definitely saw it going flying in front of me with enough force to take it into their end and potentially do some damage.

silverhibee
24-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Ok then, I know it is being investigated. After Hampden we could be in bother, either fine, or other penalties....That sit OK with you then?

Investigated by who, SFA Police or club.

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Investigated by who, SFA Police or club.

All 3

Hibrandenburg
24-02-2017, 11:42 AM
Flare-designed to illuminate but as with all pyrotechnics it will also give off heat and smoke. The smoke is normally very toxic.

Smoke bomb-designed for giving visual coverage and to allow disguised movement. The smoke is normally less toxic but can affect those with respiratory issues and cause panicked in enclosed areas.

Thunder Flash-a **** off big banger designed to simulate explosions in military exercises. Causes a loud bang that can momentarily cause confusion and again like most pyrotechnics produces intense but short lived heat and some smoke that is toxic.

None of the above items should be set off in an enclosed area with crowds.

Glory Lurker
24-02-2017, 12:15 PM
I can only imagine what Hibs made of the smoke and the folk on the field after the hassle they had dealing with the Final charges. Total selfishness by all of those involved on Wednesday and complete disrespect to our club. I hope all get identified and banned.

Borderhibbie76
24-02-2017, 12:16 PM
How do u know it's being investigated out of interest??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

scott7_0(Prague)
24-02-2017, 12:21 PM

it was on KickBack.

Sad news - The Terrace - Jambos Kickback
www.hmfckickback.co.uk › Tynecastle Topics › The Terrace
16 hours ago - 20 posts - ‎14 authors
Also seen girl post that she is okay and a pic with her hearts top on and a .... Flare was thrown from the Hibs fans in the main stand and landed a few rows in front ...
You've visited this page 3 times. Last visit: 2/24/17

For what ever reason its been moved or locked down.

green day
24-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Probably got taken off Kickback as they don't want to associate Hibs and Flair :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
24-02-2017, 12:45 PM
I saw the smoke bomb go off, but didn't realise it had been lobbed into the away end first ..... absolutely bloody stupid thing to do. As for the kids on the pitch, just dinnae lads eh, this club has had enough issues regarding that particular activity to last a lifetime.

I have to say I'm a bit of a fan of the old pyrotechnics at the fitba ... it looks spectacular. But its never been a part of football in the UK and in all honesty any chance of it ever being allowed here is long gone, its illegal, it will get the club into trouble and for that reason anybody caught bringing that stuff into the stadium gets everything they deserve.

It may be worth noting for the flare and smoke bomb brigade that the two Celtic idiots who threw the tear gas bomb into the east stand back in the day were both jailed for it ...... even though tear gas is obviously more dangerous than smoke bombs dinnae kid yersel on that eventually the authorities aren't going to make an example of somebody if this continues ... start lobbing them into the away support and you are making yourself a prime candidate to be that example and hell mend you if you are.

In conclusion I would say that the West Stand is clearly getting out of control .... its only a matter of time before the authorities close it for a few games, like the Yellow wall at Dortmund ..... so c'mon you Prawn sandwich munchers, think of the club eh !!!

Ronniekirk
24-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Bottom line is after The Scottish Cup Final we more than other teams are under scrutiny in terms of our fans behaviour
So any incident will attract attention and others will call for us to be punished of that i have no doubt
I was in the front row section 39 and enjoyed myself by banging on the boarding in front when singing and making noise and joining on the electric Atmosphete The players respond to that
But i did notice a small number if fans on the pitch after first goal and all it would of needed was a similiar number to come on from the away end and you have potential for a bigger incident
Having daid that Hearts fans seemed to get away with it for years and cant remember any outcry about it

Monts
24-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Aye ok that clears it up :confused:

What's confusing you?

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2017, 02:26 PM
How do u know it's being investigated out of interest??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Why? Do you think I'm making it up?

hibee_nation
24-02-2017, 03:10 PM
What's confusing you?

What is confusing me is it was a smoke bomb not a flare. You can stand and hold it in your hands causing a major nuisance to folk around you but you cant give the type of serious burns that were claimed by having one launched at you. My take is some nutter did indeed launch it in among the yams and someone picked it up without injury and lobbed it on the pitch. Not good for us and we will be reported for it and quite rightly too.

WhileTheChief..
24-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Nobody at all bothered about the smoke bomb at the time. A steward calmly stuck a sand bag over it and walked away, job done.

Couple of days pass then this thread appears to cause aggro.

Why not just let sleeping dogs lie?

ancient hibee
24-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Some people are just looking to be outraged and offended. But anyway who cares about a flair it adds to the atmosphere. Maybe you are just too sensitive for these kind of games
You might be sensitive if one (spelled flare incidentally)hits you.Anyone who throws one is clearly a sandwich short of a picnic.

NAE NOOKIE
24-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Nobody at all bothered about the smoke bomb at the time. A steward calmly stuck a sand bag over it and walked away, job done.

Couple of days pass then this thread appears to cause aggro.

Why not just let sleeping dogs lie?

Coz you cant make stuff un happen mate .... leave that to the Donald :greengrin

Having said that, it probably wouldn't hurt if the admins changed the thread title to 'the smoke bomb'

Joe6-2
24-02-2017, 03:54 PM
These things are a nuisance, imagine the disappointment of the the rangers fans who missed the first goal at the cup final, because of the smoke!

basehibby
24-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Some people are just looking to be outraged and offended. But anyway who cares about a flair it adds to the atmosphere. Maybe you are just too sensitive for these kind of games
So you get annoyed by the easily offended among us??? Well you will be A-OK with this then. You are a stupid immature arse hole if you think its alright to Chuck a smoke bomb into a crowd of people. You are probably mates with dickhead that did it the way you're sticking up for him. Well tell the little prick to grow a brain and some pubes if he doesn't want a (deserved) ban from Easter Road. I would have reported him if I'd seen it - as I would any idiot costing our club money in fines and dragging its name through the dirt.

Nakedmanoncrack
24-02-2017, 05:31 PM

Yes, and somebody died at the game, or at least that's what Facebook told me last night, easy to make things up and spread them around.

Skol
24-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Anyone who thinks it is acceptable to throw anything on to the pitch or into the opposition should not be accepted into the ground. Same spplies to those that feel it's ok to leave the stand for the pitch or surrounding area unless it's an emergency.

cmcd
24-02-2017, 06:05 PM

That is a stupid thing to say .Would you be happy if the flair hit you or you're family .

Mantis Toboggan
24-02-2017, 09:25 PM
That is a stupid thing to say .Would you be happy if the flair hit you or you're family .

Exactly. A wales fan was killed after being hit by a flare back in the 90s. Theres just no need for it.
Not so bothered about folk on the pitch celebrating with our own players. And as others have pointed out Hearts cant be taking the high ground here given previous attacks at Tiny.

ColinNish
24-02-2017, 09:26 PM

It wasn't a flare.

ColinNish
24-02-2017, 09:26 PM
Exactly. A wales fan was killed after being hit by a flare back in the 90s. Theres just no need for it.
Not so bothered about folk on the pitch celebrating with our own players. And as others have pointed out Hearts cant be taking the high ground here given previous attacks at Tiny.

It wasn't a flare

Mantis Toboggan
24-02-2017, 09:28 PM
It wasn't a flare

True but still sufficient to injure a supporter!

Moulin Yarns
24-02-2017, 09:32 PM
It wasn't a flare.

It was a missile. Doesn't matter if it was a flare or smoke bomb it was illegal. The bampot that threw it should be identified and banned

Sir David Gray
24-02-2017, 09:34 PM
There's no justification for taking such items into a football stadium, they are dangerous.

There shouldn't be anyone on the receiving end of an injury as a result of these things being thrown, regardless of whether it's a Hearts fan or whoever.

It's absolutely pathetic and I hope whoever was responsible for this is caught.