poolman
23-02-2017, 06:06 PM
On Peter and roughie show now on stv edinburgh now

SirDavidsNapper
23-02-2017, 06:10 PM
"Cathros a strange young man in interviews" 😂😂😂

JackLadd
23-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Cathy said we need to accept being second to every ball. Lol.

FC Leige
23-02-2017, 06:20 PM
Thats the first time ive seen that Cathro interview. Very strange indeed. Bottom lip trembling and mumbling incoherently. A very strange young man indeed
Good to see Roughie and Sneddon together. They played in a poor Hibs side but it was the one i grew up watching

hibbymick
23-02-2017, 06:24 PM
Where can I see Cathros interview from last night ?

justlikebrazil
23-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Is this programme repeated later?

lapsedhibee
23-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Where can I see Cathros interview from last night ?

Audio starting at 27:15 here. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04tr43t)

Deansy
23-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Thats the first time ive seen that Cathro interview. Very strange indeed. Bottom lip trembling and mumbling incoherently. A very strange young man indeed
Good to see Roughie and Sneddon together. They played in a poor Hibs side but it was the one i grew up watching

I genuinely thought he was about to start crying during that interview - he was so bad I actually felt sorry for him !!

high bee
23-02-2017, 06:42 PM
I genuinely thought he was about to start crying during that interview - he was so bad I actually felt sorry for him !!

Was sat 3 rows back from the dugout last night, he is indeed a strange person. Couldn't handle any jeering from the crowd, kept giving it back but in a weird nervous childish way.

JackLadd
23-02-2017, 06:46 PM

He's not got much help, the dude McPhee looks an even bigger dumpling and Potter up in the stand is probably another boil on his bum. Lol.

Jim44
23-02-2017, 06:47 PM

Man up! There's no room for weakness when you've got them by the short and curlies. :cb

Cat Stanton
23-02-2017, 07:33 PM
On Peter and roughie show now on stv edinburgh now

I'm sure he's a nice man. However.. my memories are of a rank rotten defender. He couldn't pass water. That said, I have a weird memory of a game at Fir Park where we won 2-1 with two 20 yard Sneddon screamers. But by the next week he was back to being rank rotten...

Sammy7nil
23-02-2017, 08:20 PM
I'm sure he's a nice man. However.. my memories are of a rank rotten defender. He couldn't pass water. That said, I have a weird memory of a game at Fir Park where we won 2-1 with two 20 yard Sneddon screamers. But by the next week he was back to being rank rotten...

Your memory is rank Sneddon was no genius he was a good honest trier and far from rank rotten.

Peevemor
23-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Your memory is rank Sneddon was no genius he was a good honest trier and far from rank rotten.

:agree:

LaMotta
23-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Does he still have the bristling auburn mouser?

Cat Stanton
23-02-2017, 08:25 PM

He was indeed a good honest trier. He just wasn't very good at football.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, doesn't matter now...

weecounty hibby
23-02-2017, 08:27 PM
He was never rank rotten. He was a decent player and a great pro. Never less than 100% from him and considering some of the imposters that followed he was a very good servant to Hibs in what were very tough years

c31
23-02-2017, 08:29 PM

10:30 tonight..

Sergey
23-02-2017, 08:33 PM

The match you are thinking of was at Tannadice. Both were absolute cracking strikes.

He was our Guest of Honour at the recent London Hibs Burns Night and was a true gent and was appreciative of our hospitality. I don't know what makes you think he was rank rotten. He may have had limited ability (he himself would probably admit that) but what he lacked for in skill he more than compensated by his commitment to the cause.

Cat Stanton
23-02-2017, 09:42 PM
The match you are thinking of was at Tannadice. Both were absolute cracking strikes.

He was our Guest of Honour at the recent London Hibs Burns Night and was a true gent and was appreciative of our hospitality. I don't know what makes you think he was rank rotten. He may have had limited ability (he himself would probably admit that) but what he lacked for in skill he more than compensated by his commitment to the cause.

it wasn't Tannadice - most definitely Fir Park. Of course I may be confused with age. A quick google suggests it may have been just one goal (??): http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=5619

And I didn't mean to offend anyone's memory of him. Everyone had (and still has - check anywhere on hibs.net any day of the week) their favourites and pet hates, and at the time he used to drive me up the wall with his crap distribution. Just one of those players who constantly annoyed me at the time.

But I'm (genuinely) quite sorry I mentioned it now....

JohnM1875
23-02-2017, 09:45 PM

https://youtu.be/nrHi7ca6pME

I catch the ones I fancy on YouTube. Always posted by the same user a few hours after it airs.

Sergey
23-02-2017, 09:56 PM
it wasn't Tannadice - most definitely Fir Park. Of course I may be confused with age. A quick google suggests it may have been just one goal (??): http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=5619

And I didn't mean to offend anyone's memory of him. Everyone had (and still has - check anywhere on hibs.net any day of the week) their favourites and pet hates, and at the time he used to drive me up the wall with his crap distribution. Just one of those players who constantly annoyed me at the time.

But I'm (genuinely) quite sorry I mentioned it now....

Holy Horse - there was some **** in that team. Brazil & Turnbull were a different class of mediocrity and Callachan and Duncan were long passed their sell-by. IIRC we drew the next match at home in the SC vs East Fife and lost the replay at Methill.

Apologies for probably posting the only downbeat post on the messageboard today. I'll be having nightmares for weeks now!

BTW - Sneddon did score an absolute screamer at Tannadice and I joked about it with him only a few weeks ago. He said it was the best goal he ever scored (he didn't net many).

Peevemor
23-02-2017, 10:03 PM
Holy Horse - there was some **** in that team. Brazil & Turnbull were a different class of mediocrity and Callachan and Duncan were long passed their sell-by. IIRC we drew the next match at home in the SC vs East Fife and lost the replay at Methill.

And bought Gordon Durie from them not long after.

Apologies for probably posting the only downbeat post on the messageboard today. I'll be having nightmares for weeks now!

BTW - Sneddon did score an absolute screamer at Tannadice and I joked about it with him only a few weeks ago. He said it was the best goal he ever scored (he didn't net many).

Sneddon's goal (from about 35yds) put us 1-0 up. They then went ahead 3-1 and we came back to draw 3-3, with Brian Rice getting the equaliser from a volley. Remember it like it was yesterday.

Nakedmanoncrack
23-02-2017, 10:11 PM
He was never rank rotten. He was a decent player and a great pro. Never less than 100% from him and considering some of the imposters that followed he was a very good servant to Hibs in what were very tough years

A good servant to the Club over a long period of time & a good enough player to have Premier League & Scottish cup winners medals from his time at Celtic.

O'Rourke3
23-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Popeye was often played at left back despite being a right back. Never a star but always put in a shift. Remember the League Cup game at ER where he scored both in a 2-0 win versus Alloa from that lb position.

RyeSloan
23-02-2017, 10:14 PM
Is my memory playing tricks but did senddon only have one eye a la dean shiels?

Anyway a true pro who always gave it his all.

Baader
23-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Sneddon was never rank rotten. A good solid pro who served this club well. Maybe was kept on a couple of seasons longer than he should've been but that's hardly his fault. Hibs don't give out testimonials to mugs.

As an aside Popeye won TWO league championship winners medals in 1981 - a Premier League with Celtic and a First Division with Hibs due to games played for both. Not sure if anyone else will have done that...

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-02-2017, 10:16 PM
A good servant to the Club over a long period of time & a good enough player to have Premier League & Scottish cup winners medals from his time at Celtic.

Snoddy got a Premier League winners medal and a First Division winners medal in the same season that he joined us from Celtc. Was one of my favourite players.

Nakedmanoncrack
23-02-2017, 10:17 PM
Is my memory playing tricks but did senddon only have one eye a la dean shiels?

Anyway a true pro who always gave it his all.

He was certainty referred to as one-eye Sneddon, but I don't know if it was actually true tbh.

Sergey
23-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Sneddon's goal (from about 35yds) put us 1-0 up. They then went ahead 3-1 and we came back to draw 3-3, with Brian Rice getting the equaliser from a volley. Remember it like it was yesterday.

I recall that it was absolutely freezing cold that day and I lost the bet and had to do the tea run from the kiosks that were behind the old terrace. I had no sooner bought the teas then Hibs scored with their first attack of the 2nd half and I missed the goal.

My hands were blue with the cold and the wind swept the boiling hot teas out the paper cups over my hands and I didn't feel a thing.

We were a poor side back then.

Baader
23-02-2017, 10:23 PM
He was certainty referred to as one-eye Sneddon, but I don't know if it was actually true tbh.

The man has two eyes!

Sergey
23-02-2017, 10:27 PM
Snoddy got a Premier League winners medal and a First Division winners medal in the same season that he joined us from Celtc. Was one of my favourite players.

Although he played the prerequisite of matches to qualify for a PL medal while a Celtic player, he never actually received the medal.

He's an Auchinleck Talbot supporter (useless info for the evening).

alhibby
24-02-2017, 07:52 AM
Peter and Roughie with Alan Sneddon, only worth watching the first 8 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrHi7ca6pME

northstandhibby
24-02-2017, 08:04 AM
Peter and Roughie with Alan Sneddon, only worth watching the first 8 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrHi7ca6pME

Thoroughly enjoyed watching Snedders and Roughie commenting on the derby.

glory glory

tamig
24-02-2017, 08:54 AM

Me too. We celebrated that result as if it was a win. Almost unheard of for that great United team to be pegged back from a two goal lead. We used to take some pumpings from them around that time.

Septimus
24-02-2017, 09:00 AM

Exactly.

Superfurry72
24-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Good honest pro who gave his all. My main memory of him is him scoring with a header from a Brian Rice cross in a relegation battle with Dumbarton at Easter Road on January 19, 1985. Other goalscorers in a 3-1 win for us that day were Gordon Durie and a Brian Rice (with a penalty). I can remember the details because I was Hibs' mascot that afternoon! Weirdly, we ran out towards the Dunbar End. Roughie rolled the ball to me to put into an empty net and I put it wide, much to the amusement of the few hundred Dumbarton fans behind the goal.

We had won at Ibrox the previous week too, and gradually pulled away from Dumbarton, otherwise we would have went down. I remember Durie scoring a first half hat-trick a few weeks later in a 5-1 win over Morton. I also recall a 4-0 home defeat by St Mirren a couple of months later! Not our best team but a few decent players in there (Rough, Durie, Rice, McBride).

Peevemor
24-02-2017, 09:19 AM
Good honest pro who gave his all. My main memory of him is him scoring with a header from a Brian Rice cross in a relegation battle with Dumbarton at Easter Road on January 19, 1985. Other goalscorers in a 3-1 win for us that day were Gordon Durie and a Brian Rice (with a penalty). I can remember the details because I was Hibs' mascot that afternoon! Weirdly, we ran out towards the Dunbar End. Roughie rolled the ball to me to put into an empty net and I put it wide, much to the amusement of the few hundred Dumbarton fans behind the goal.

We had won at Ibrox the previous week too, and gradually pulled away from Dumbarton, otherwise we would have went down. I remember Durie scoring a first half hat-trick a few weeks later in a 5-1 win over Morton. I also recall a 4-0 home defeat by St Mirren a couple of months later! Not our best team but a few decent players in there (Rough, Durie, Rice, McBride).

That would be the same season that the club laid on free transport for an away match at Dumbarton - there were 30+ LRT double deckers. We only won the match 2-0 (IIRC) but we played our best football of the season.