PDA

View Full Version : Tick Tock

Famous Fiver
23-02-2017, 05:54 PM
2012 5 - 1. They 'killed us as a club'.

2016. We knock them out of the Cup. How much did that cost them?

We win it.

2017 They are drawn against us in the cup. Promptly sign NINE players. How much did that cost?

They manage a draw in the first game. Nothing to do with the players, it was a poor pitch. Pitch immediately lifted and relaid. How much did that cost?

Knocked out the cup. No more income from that source. How much is that going to cost?

New stand being built. How much is that going to cost?

New offices and hospitality accommodation apparently being built. How much is that going to cost.

Run of poor results. No European qualification. Income evaporates. How much is that going to cost?

I'm now officially dusting down and old favourite of mine

'TICK TOCK'

SirDavidsNapper
23-02-2017, 06:07 PM
They remind me of Hibs from a few years ago. Soft as sh#t and too interested in goings on off the park

monktonharp
23-02-2017, 06:25 PM
we also knocked them out of the cup they had won, in 2012

Deansy
23-02-2017, 06:44 PM

We win it.

2017 They are drawn against us in the cup. Promptly sign NINE players. How much did that cost?

They manage a draw in the first game. Nothing to do with the players, it was a poor pitch. Pitch immediately lifted and relaid. How much did that cost?

Knocked out the cup. No more income from that source. How much is that going to cost?

New offices and hospitality accommodation apparently being built. How much is that going to cost.

Run of poor results. No European qualification. Income evaporates. How much is that going to cost?

'TICK TOCK'

I'm starting to think this way as well - is it possible that Budge is going to go the same way as their previous owners financially ?. Doesn't appear to be in anyway like them but you never know - 'Paying their way' is still a relatively new concept at the PBS and it's quite apparent their fans do NOT like 'Playing within their means' or the 'Level playing-field' ??

iwasthere1972
23-02-2017, 08:45 PM
2012 5 - 1. They 'killed us as a

'TICK TOCK'

£200K. Hope it pishes down with rain for the next week or so. Half a dozen or so home league games then it gets ripped up. Wouldn't put it past them to offer it to the stupid Jambos at £50 a square inch (£100 if it includes part of the penalty spot)

I would love it if they ran out of cash and had to make cutbacks to the new stand. Might be worth putting The Queen Victoria Stand into storage just as a back up.

It's a good time to be a Hibby.

RoYO!
23-02-2017, 08:47 PM
we also knocked them out of the cup they had won, in 2012

Was that not also the shortest defence of the cup ever?

iwasthere1972
23-02-2017, 08:48 PM

I believe it was. Still is. :greengrin

RoYO!
23-02-2017, 08:49 PM
£200K. Hope it pishes down with rain for the next week or so. Half a dozen or so home league games then it gets ripped up. Wouldn't put it past them to offer it to the stupid Jambos at £50 a square inch (£100 if it includes part of the penalty spot)

I would love it if they ran out of cash and had to make cutbacks to the new stand. Might be worth putting The Queen Victoria Stand into storage just as a back up.

It's a good time to be a Hibby.

I heard on sportsound that they were laying a hybrid pitch in close season so this 200k is to get them through half a dozen games? Waste of money IMO

RoYO!
23-02-2017, 08:49 PM
I believe it was. Still is. :greengrin

Pleasing

iwasthere1972
23-02-2017, 08:52 PM
I heard on sportsound that they were laying a hybrid pitch in close season so this 200k is to get them through half a dozen games? Waste of money IMO

Even funnier when they discovered last night that it had nothing to do with the pitch and was only down to all the players being absolutely rank.

brianmc
23-02-2017, 09:00 PM
The hybrid pitch is now meant to be getting laid at the end of next season I think.
So the current £200k investment is for a pitch to last around 15 months.

iwasthere1972
23-02-2017, 09:02 PM
The hybrid pitch is now meant to be getting laid at the end of next season I think.
So the current £200k investment is for a pitch to last around 15 months.

:aok: Just read that. They only have six days until their next home game. Wonder how the pitch will hold out.

givescotlandfreedom
23-02-2017, 09:05 PM
I read somewhere if we can beat Aye we'll have won more games in our defence of the cup than they have since 2012.
Oh and we've apparently scored more goals at Tynecastle this year than they have in the last 10 in the Scottish cup!

Hibee87
23-02-2017, 09:17 PM
They are just going through the motions we done for last 10 - 15 years. Investing in infrastructure and neglecting the playing side. We managed to do ours of the back of some highly sellable assets in brown, O'Connor etc and a help from STF.
Hearts don't seem to have many sellable assets that will generate millions, maybe Paterson but he has a bad injury and out of contract I think. How long and far will the foh take them? Especially with the playing side suffering. How much is Ann willing to spend. And be prepared to lose to achieve the end goal of what? 8k fans nominating a few 'fans' to have their voices heard?

erin go bragh
23-02-2017, 09:41 PM

Shortest since old Rangers got knocked out back in 1894 .

SuperAllyMcleod
23-02-2017, 10:09 PM

Yep, won the cup and got knocked out of the next one in the same year.

Also worth noting that the 3 games they have managed to get a draw in have all come against lower league opposition and they've only won once against top league opposition [emoji3]

jacomo
23-02-2017, 11:11 PM
I'm starting to think this way as well - is it possible that Budge is going to go the same way as their previous owners financially ?. Doesn't appear to be in anyway like them but you never know - 'Paying their way' is still a relatively new concept at the PBS and it's quite apparent their fans do NOT like 'Playing within their means' or the 'Level playing-field' ??

Budge seems to be wealthy and is no fool.

But what if the fans turn on Levein? He's her right hand man, she won't like that. Maybe she'll want and that's a problem, as they still owe her loads of money.

lucky
23-02-2017, 11:18 PM
Hearts problems will only start if the fans stop coughing up for everything. I can't see them going nuts financially Budge is not that daft

jgl07
24-02-2017, 01:34 AM

We win it.

'TICK TOCK'
You missed out Hibs knocking Hearts out of the cup later in 2012.

greenlex
24-02-2017, 01:38 AM

We win it.

'TICK TOCK'
You can add players running down their contracts. No income from their few saleable assets like Paterson. It's all going to add up.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-02-2017, 04:42 AM

That's why they are planning to lay the pitch with a 51 degree slope - it'll be like playing on Dundas Street ;)

houstonhibbee
24-02-2017, 04:43 AM
It was to get them through against Ayr in the QF's...................

Jack Hackett
24-02-2017, 05:24 AM
You can add players running down their contracts. No income from their few saleable assets like Paterson. It's all going to add up.

....or not :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
24-02-2017, 05:49 AM
Let's not forget the £1.4(?)m cash income from FOH.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk