PDA

View Full Version : 2 in a row...

alihibs1
23-02-2017, 06:32 PM
One is it possible and two what is the original tune?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mutley
23-02-2017, 06:35 PM
As long as we are in it, it is possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
23-02-2017, 06:38 PM
It's nice to dream, but I'm just enjoying the win over Hearts for now :greengrin

HibsNutter
23-02-2017, 06:40 PM
We would fancy our chances against anyone bar Celtic, here's hoping someone catches them on an off day.

Oscar T Grouch
23-02-2017, 06:49 PM
With the teams left in the cup I think we'd only struggle against celtc and the sheep. But given how this team can perform I see no reason why we can't go on and win it again. Ken it's like buses on a rainy morning, nane for 114 years and two come along at once :greengrin

lugz
23-02-2017, 07:36 PM
I honestly think celtic will win the treble this season, they are so much better than anyone else BUT you do need a bit of luck to win the cup and if someone can do us a favour I'd fancy us against the remaining teams.

Nicho87
23-02-2017, 08:28 PM
I still think hearts are the danger team

lord bunberry
23-02-2017, 08:30 PM
I still think hearts are the danger team

Agreed. The team that knocks Raith out always goes on to win the cup.

houstonhibbee
23-02-2017, 08:31 PM
I honestly think celtic will win the treble this season, they are so much better than anyone else BUT you do need a bit of luck to win the cup and if someone can do us a favour I'd fancy us against the remaining teams.
If Scott, Liam and Leigh are in the team we may have a chance!

Billy Whizz
23-02-2017, 08:33 PM

I'd like to know where the tune came from too

Elephant Stone
23-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Original tune is the Celtic song Four Leaf Clover, I think. Then used by Rangers for the lovely song about Jock Stein, and then by Celtic for their ten in a row song.

I'm_cabbaged
23-02-2017, 08:36 PM

Na na, it's the team that knocks out hertz that wins the Scottish 😉

MichaelTheCelt
23-02-2017, 08:45 PM
Its up for anyone to win now IMO. I personally hate that we're such favourites for it does my head in when mates down the pub have it written off already, talk about tempting fate :brickwall Your lot are in with a good shout this year I reckon, flying high with confidence I'd be nervous about playing Hibs at Hampden, and the Huns to be honest but that's purely because of the refs.

linlithgowhibbie
23-02-2017, 09:34 PM

Surely the original song/tune is" Here we go, one in a row":greengrin

Billy Whizz
23-02-2017, 09:43 PM
Original tune is the Celtic song Four Leaf Clover, I think. Then used by Rangers for the lovely song about Jock Stein, and then by Celtic for their ten in a row song.

Surely Celtic don't have the copyright to the tune? Think the OP is asking where the original tune came from

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2017, 09:51 PM
Surely Celtic don't have the copyright to the tune? Think the OP is asking where the original tune came from

charlie & the boys, Four Leaf clover

google is your friend

Elephant Stone
23-02-2017, 09:54 PM

I just assumed the original tune is that Four Leaf Clover Celtic song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXk0Fg5X8Mk

It doesn't seem like a complicated tune that needs to have come from somewhere else, not sure though. Maybe Michael the Celt can help.

MichaelTheCelt
23-02-2017, 09:55 PM
charlie & the boys

google is your friend

When I was just a little boy
One Christmas morn I leapt with joy
I saw what Santa brought for me
A Celtic jersey under the tree.

(chorus)
With a Four Leaf Clover on my breast
And the Green and White across my chest
It's such a joy for us to see
For they play football the Celtic way.

Not sure if CATB did the original, I'd need to ask my Da but I'm sure that song came about when we stopped 10 in a row and had the new stadium etc, this is the version I'm most familiar with.

With a four leaf clover on my breast,
And the green and white upon my chest,
It's such a joy for us to see,
For they play football the Celtic way.

It's been ten years, long time indeed,
We stood with pride and we took defeat,
Our beloved team, our ancient ground,
Has been rebuilt, a club reborn.

CHORUS

McCann he rode the winds of change,
And the things he brought will long remain,
A phoenix rising, a house of steel,
And 60,000 Celtic dreams.

CHORUS

The work is done and the stage is set,
The Celtic dream can now be met,
In a sea of dreams, we're here today,
Lets sit and watch the Champions play.

Edit! meant to say the fellas that do that version are called The Peatdiggers and Peter Barry.

Canon Hannan
23-02-2017, 09:57 PM
We can convert to 8 in a row at anytime for victories v HMFC.

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2017, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=MichaelTheCelt;4955573]Not sure if CATB did the original, I'd need to ask my Da but I'm sure that song came about when we stopped 10 in a row and had the new stadium etc, this is the version I'm most familiar with.

i've saw someone called 'Manxman' mentioned during my search, a folk singer/songwriter ?

MichaelTheCelt
23-02-2017, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=MichaelTheCelt;4955573]Not sure if CATB did the original, I'd need to ask my Da but I'm sure that song came about when we stopped 10 in a row and had the new stadium etc, this is the version I'm most familiar with.

i've saw someone called 'Manxman' mentioned during my search, a folk singer/songwriter ?
Just googled that myself there and found this from a Celtic forum.

Came across this YouTube channel of a Manxman called Tony. He has played and recorded so many different songs it is unbelievable! Please have a listen if you can, especially since he kindly accepted my request to do Four Leaf Clover http://www.talkceltic.net/forums/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png he has also done You'll Never Walk Alone amongst other adopted Celtic songs. Plus lots of Irish, Scottish and Manx folk songs. He can play the instruments really well and he has a unique Manx accent which I hope you guys can appreciate http://www.talkceltic.net/forums/smilies/shamrock.gif Cheers! http://www.talkceltic.net/forums/smilies/50.gif

First I have heard of this fella but doesn't appear he is the originator.

AgentDaleCooper
23-02-2017, 10:41 PM
genuinely think celtic would be surprised by how tough a time big marv would give them

MichaelTheCelt
23-02-2017, 10:51 PM
genuinely think celtic would be surprised by how tough a time big marv would give them
I for one wouldn't be, Hibs are the team to be wary of in the cup I reckon. Do not fancy playing you's at Hampden.

Brendan was at the game last night obviously doing his homework.

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2017, 10:56 PM
I for one wouldn't be, Hibs are the team to be wary of in the cup I reckon. Do not fancy playing you's at Hampden.

Brendan was at the game last night obviously doing his homework.

Maybe homework, maybe just a hibby like half your team. Griffiths, Brown, Henderson all there as well. :greengrin

MichaelTheCelt
23-02-2017, 10:59 PM
Maybe homework, maybe just a hibby like half your team. Griffiths, Brown, Henderson all there as well. :greengrin

Just more evidence of the Celtic Hibs family :flag::hilarious

:wink:

SuperAllyMcleod
23-02-2017, 11:02 PM

Thank god the year doesn't end in a 6 - the Jambos always get to the final when it does!

Santa Cruz
23-02-2017, 11:07 PM
Just more evidence of the Celtic Hibs family :flag::hilarious

:wink:

Can we keep them :thumbsup:

MichaelTheCelt
23-02-2017, 11:09 PM
Can we keep them :thumbsup:
Nein!

vahibbie
23-02-2017, 11:25 PM

Think the original tune is "The ballet of the Green Berets", was used in the John Wayne movie, The Green Berets. From the 1960s so Celtic probably stole it😜

danhibees1875
24-02-2017, 07:49 AM
We can convert to 8 in a row at anytime for victories v HMFC.

Unfortunately, we'd need 6 more consecutive victories before we could do that. :greengrin

BH Hibs
24-02-2017, 10:27 AM
Think the original tune is "The ballet of the Green Berets", was used in the John Wayne movie, The Green Berets. From the 1960s so Celtic probably stole it😜

I knew there was some US army attachment to the song. Bill Murray sings a bit of it in Caddyshack.