PDA

View Full Version : The Hearts 'support'

hibsbollah
23-02-2017, 05:29 PM
One thing that was apparent from watching the periscope footage was how pitiful the Hearts singing was yesterday. Even at 0-0, with the footage being filmed by a Hearts fan surrounded by 3000 Hearts fans, all you could hear was us. The only song I can recall lasting more than a few seconds was When the Hearts Go Marching In. When that was drowned out, they basically gave up. They went two down, and the most noise they made for the rest of the game was booing and abusing their own players at HT.

Bearing in mind this was their away support, supposedly a clubs hardcore support. In the Tynecastle leg, we outsung them but you almost expect that. Its almost as if they have stopped 'believing'. Id be ashamed if I was one of them last night (well, id be ashamed anyway, but you know what I mean:greengrin)

Dead as a club?

Lee Marvin
23-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Their fans are now as insipid as their club.

It must have been torture for the poor wee lambs watching the other 3 stands last night. ****** torture!!

HibsNutter
23-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Thought after the stick they got for their pish poor support in the first game, they'd come to ER and make some noise. They were awful again. The gulf in class between the fans was even bigger than the gulf in class on the park.

Hibernia&Alba
23-02-2017, 05:33 PM
They're lost without the 1902 song. I was very surprised some of them bolted when we went 2-0 up. You don't skulk away when it's still the first half; you get behind your team, surely!

CathroMustStay
23-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Hearts fans are without a doubt the most laughably pish support - for a big club within the context of Scottish fitbaw - in terms of creating an atmosphere.

magpie1892
23-02-2017, 05:37 PM
To be fair, it was clear from about a minute in that they were going to get a howking. Hibs could quite easily been three up before JC scored.

rossevenil
23-02-2017, 05:38 PM
And they dug out the "Gorgie Boys Are going to Europe" ditty......yet more wishful thinking on their part

Monktonhall 7
23-02-2017, 05:41 PM
Never heard them, but from the YouTube videos this morning, oh when the Hearts go marching in.....really is a pathetic song. Laughable really.

FC Leige
23-02-2017, 05:42 PM
According to some on Kickback Budge has killed the atmosphere. Its just to family friendly now.
Oh for the days of the shed, sectarianism, Gorgie Boot Boys and the Livvi Skins

emerald green
23-02-2017, 05:46 PM
They (the Hearts support) didn't fancy it last night, and it was clear right from the kick off what was coming their way. Their players were just not up for it either.

They got totally owned last night, and they all know it. Their directors, coach (lol), players and supporters. :giruy2:

Pretty Boy
23-02-2017, 05:46 PM
There's a part in Skagboys by Irvine Welsh where Tommy talks about how the best 'mobs' in football where forged through adversity. Without wishing to be seen to glorify casual culture Hibs were a force within that movement and that was probably in no small part to us being pish at the time. There's obviously more to it as Aberdeen were well known whilst being good at the time but anyway...

I think Hibs fans to some extent embraced a version of the 'ultras' movement through various incarnations of the singing section in no small part because it made going to watch some of our teams in the last few years fun. It was a slow burner but despite bumps in the road it has been stuck with and we see the benefits now. Hearts fans are in a bad place at the moment and have a chance to forge something similar themselves. They won't though because they are too arrogant, stupid and it will inevitably attract the bigot element.

TelaStella
23-02-2017, 05:49 PM
I thought they were strange in the first leg but I've never seen a hearts support like that last night. Not so much the leaving at 2-0/3-0, I'm guilty of doing that countless times but just the real lack of enthusiasm in their squad and for the fixture that seems to define them. However these are all outside observations and I'm quite content watching them suffer in our shadow for many years to come given their stinking arrogance over the years. Let last night be the first of many. FTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Shorn of thieved money from Lithuanian taxpayers, local Edinburgh businesses and charities, and forced to bankroll the club themselves, they no longer believe.

Short of discovering another Alex Ferguson, bringing on great young players and selling them, I can't see how they can sustain, let alone progress, their current status.

Famous Fiver
23-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Dashing, they did bring on a great young player!!!!

Step forward Mr Cummings!!!!!!

FC Leige
23-02-2017, 06:01 PM
There's a part in Skagboys by Irvine Welsh where Tommy talks about how the best 'mobs' in football where forged through adversity. Without wishing to be seen to glorify casual culture Hibs were a force within that movement and that was probably in no small part to us being pish at the time. There's obviously more to it as Aberdeen were well known whilst being good at the time but anyway...

I think Hibs fans to some extent embraced a version of the 'ultras' movement through various incarnations of the singing section in no small part because it made going to watch some of our teams in the last few years fun. It was a slow burner but despite bumps in the road it has been stuck with and we see the benefits now. Hearts fans are in a bad place at the moment and have a chance to forge something similar themselves. They won't though because they are too arrogant, stupid and it will inevitably attract the bigot element. I think Anne Budge bans anyone who is to exuberant in their support No wonder they all sit on their hands shat scared to sing

Monktonhall 7
23-02-2017, 06:01 PM
Does anybody on here know their turnover v ours? They've supposedly got 14/15k ST Holders, get a bit extra TV money, and are propped up by the Direct Debits, but bearing in my mind our upturn in ST sales, cup runs, merchandising etc, I wonder what the gap, if there is one, actually is.

Frazerbob
23-02-2017, 06:05 PM
I usually walk to the ground from Lochend or the foot of Easter Road so don't normally encounter Hearts fans. Last night we approached from London Road so were amongst most of the Hearts support. I commented that they were so much quieter than us when we walk from Roseburn. No real singing, a few abusive shouts that's it. Even Middletons, which I was led to believe was their equivalent of The Roseburn Bar, was hardly a rammy. It was full but no singing come from it.

Sammy7nil
23-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Their fans are now as insipid as their club.

It must have been torture for the poor wee lambs watching the other 3 stands last night. ****** torture!!

Nonsense the home end was full of Jambos :wink:

Alex Trager
23-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Nonsense the home end was full of Jambos :wink:

Haha for all those that were jumbos in the hibs end last night.

I hope they enjoyed it :)

Spaces did seem to open up after HT beside me.

Maybe imagining it

hibsbollah
23-02-2017, 06:42 PM
From the occasional threads I see on kickback they know it themselves. Theyre not so much a support as a group of disgruntled observers chuntering and grumbling away to themselves under their smelly breath.

Hi Heid Yin
23-02-2017, 11:29 PM
They (the Hearts support) didn't fancy it last night, and it was clear right from the kick off what was coming their way. Their players were just not up for it either.

They got totally owned last night, and they all know it. Their directors, coach (lol), players and supporters. :giruy2:

:agree::agree::agree:

givescotlandfreedom
24-02-2017, 12:25 AM
Welcome to the future, fudleys!

greenlex
24-02-2017, 01:27 AM
Direct debits will take a smashing too.

Pete
24-02-2017, 02:16 AM

I think Hibs fans to some extent embraced a version of the 'ultras' movement through various incarnations of the singing section in no small part because it made going to watch some of our teams in the last few years fun. It was a slow burner but despite bumps in the road it has been stuck with and we see the benefits now. Hearts fans are in a bad place at the moment and have a chance to forge something similar themselves. They won't though because they are too arrogant, stupid and it will inevitably attract the bigot element.

I've not read that book but it's an interesting theory and one that even Hearts themselves can add a bit of weight to. It was before the casual scene but Hearts being crap in the seventies seemed to coincide with them having a bit of a mob who weren't shy getting into bother home or away. I knew quite a few (even related to one) who were kicking about back then and the tales were interesting to say the least.

Your last paragraph is spot on though. Going down that road has become our thing and any efforts to generate something similar is too "hibs". I'm almost sympathetic towards the Hearts youngsters who want to create an atmosphere as they are being thwarted by the vast majority who's Hearts experience is based on hatred for Hibs.

...WentToMowAnSPL
24-02-2017, 03:42 AM
To be fair, they managed to hold their phones steady whilst letting me watch the game on periscope from Houston :) :thumbsup:

to be honest, I can't believe they were really Jambos as I would have switched off after so much pain

Hawick hibee
24-02-2017, 05:27 AM
Up Easter road before the game, they fancied it alright because they "play fitba" and on our pitch they thought they would murder us. My old man giving a Jambo it tight in the bakers when the jambo was on about "the pitch"
Jambo- we will murder this Hibs team on a good pitch.
Ma Old man - ha ha thought that last year and we knocked you out the too!!!
Jambo - bet you a sausage roll??
Ma old man - deh like them but a sausage roll oozes confidence!!!
Jambo - what you in greggs for then??
Ma old man - cause if ah had a pint you would be in bother!!
Oooft ma old man is 73 and couldn't fight sleep tied the Jambo in knots with the comebacks though!!!

Seveno
24-02-2017, 12:30 PM
They were very quiet going down Easter Road before the game. I didn't hear them signing at all during the game.

Deansy
24-02-2017, 12:57 PM
The similarities between the Hearts-support and the Hun is almost mirror-like - both clubs guilty of 'Finance Football' over a large amount of years but now it's come to a halt BOTH sets of supporters are mystified/stumped/angry/outraged etc as to why the current respective teams aren't a patch on the ones of yester-year !. Both sets of fans blame their owners/managers/players yet still talk of going for players that are way, way out of their financial capability. The 'Arrogance' hasn't gone either, some of the names being tossed around for the manager's job at 'Greyskull' is just laughable - what decent modern-day manager is going to go to a club where events that took place in Ireland 2-300 years ago take precedence over football ??. And a quick glance at some of the threads on 'Jambos Throw-back' BEFORE Wednesday-night showed a large % of the Jambos firmly believed they were coming to ER to basically 'Put us back in our place' ??.

Is it just that they don't want to admit to cheating (something the rest of Scottish Football Fans know anyway) or is it that both clubs genuinely have the thickest fans in Scottish Football ??

Waxy
24-02-2017, 12:59 PM
The similarities between the Hearts-support and the Hun is almost mirror-like - both clubs guilty of 'Finance Football' over a large amount of years but now it's come to a halt BOTH sets of supporters are mystified/stumped/angry/outraged etc as to why the current respective teams aren't a patch on the ones of yester-year !. Both sets of fans blame their owners/managers/players yet still talk of going for players that are way, way out of their financial capability. The 'Arrogance' hasn't gone either, some of the names being tossed around for the manager's job at 'Greyskull' is just laughable - what decent modern-day manager is going to go to a club where events that took place in Ireland 2-300 years ago take precedence over football ??. And a quick glance at some of the threads on 'Jambos Throw-back' BEFORE Wednesday-night showed a large % of the Jambos firmly believed they were coming to ER to basically 'Put us back in our place' ??.

Is it just that they don't want to admit to cheating (something the rest of Scottish Football Fans know anyway) or is it that both clubs genuinely have the thickest fans in Scottish Football ??Both.

Ronniekirk
24-02-2017, 01:14 PM
We outsung them home and away . They seem to be Demoralised ,and accepted that the new Manager and New Players cant get passionate or motivated about a Derby Game

Not a good place for them to be ,and they must of been embarrassed at that abject gutless performance .
If it had finished five or six nil they couldnt of had any complaints

Geo_1875
24-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Their crowd on Wednesday were quieter than they have been in a long time. Even when they were "boycotting" and expecting a doing at least they made a bit of noise.

monarch
24-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Looks like the only thing they've got to look forward to is the Rudi Rudi Rudi tribute night next month where they'll be creaming themselves in their 5-1 timewarp bubble. That's assuming Yogi hasn't kicked the extravagantly nosed one back to Prague by then.

Libby Hibby
24-02-2017, 04:19 PM
I have zero sympathy for them...absolutely zero.

They've lorded about for too long, I hope their pain lives long.

NAE NOOKIE
24-02-2017, 04:27 PM
The Yams did make a proportionate amount of noise back in the day, but it has to be said that the current crop are way below standard ... the reports from the first game were bad enough, but you kind of expect to be in a battle with 3,000 away fans in the ground. Their utterly sad effort on Wednesday night was as bad as I've seen from any away support of similar size at ER never mind Hertz. and that was on the back of a call to arms all week on sickbag to 'drown out the vermin on Wednesday'

I would say that one area where we are definitely better than them and pretty well always have been is sticking with it when the chips are down ...... no matter what the driving force behind it, stubbornness, sentimentality, defiance, even delusion, call it what you will, I'm willing to bet no club in Scotland has ever put on a display like we did at the end of the 2013 cup final ....... it made me proud to be a Hibby fit to burst and rescued what was otherwise a dismal day.

They are aware of their problem, even posters on sickbag have compared the worlds most atmospheric stadium to a morgue, but as another poster mentioned they almost seem too proud to follow the example of Hibs ( an example they are well aware of ) where our younger supporters have striven mightily to try and improve the atmosphere, so much so that the club have been prepared to work with them ..... if you ask me they can take at the least some credit for the atmosphere we generated at the PBS and for the dynamite atmosphere on Wednesday ... I read a report that the roar at the 3rd goal could be heard in Joppa 3 miles away :greengrin

Some Yams have spoken about turning the Gorgie stand into a singing section and in a way I'm a bit worried about that because its made for it ...... but with the Budgie at the helm that looks as far away as their Champions league dreams I'm pleased to say :aok:

SirDavidsNapper
24-02-2017, 05:18 PM
What happened to that song they made up on Brokeback that they were going to sing? Were planning it since the first leg at the library. Pitiful little club with an embarrassing support.

SuperAllyMcleod
24-02-2017, 06:48 PM
I was chatting with a typical Yam at work before the match and he was definitely of the opinion that playing away from the PBS on a decent surface guaranteed a Hertz win. His reasoning being that our long ball game just wouldn't work.

I pointed out that the only reason we had a long ball game at the PBS was due to the pitch. I also told them that we are more than used to playing on a great surface and we're a footballing team.

No, that didn't work - he just laughed dismissively as if I was the deluded one! I'm looking forward to continuing the conversation when he returns to work on Monday - really want to hear his latest theory. [emoji4]

Dashing Bob S
24-02-2017, 07:07 PM
A Yam friend, whom I respect, told me that their collective stomach, as a support, has gone.

They seem tense. Edgy. Nervous. Fidgety. Insecure. Paranoid.

brog
24-02-2017, 07:46 PM
It's always easier for an away support to be up for it, more raucous than the home support. Even in the play off game last season the 1500 or so Raith fans made more noise than us for much of the game. The Yam support on Wed night was pathetic, they knew their outward confidence was a house of cards & their normal arrogance was replaced by fear. The least nervous people at ER on Wed were the 18 guys in the Hibs squad. They truly believe, understandably that they're better than our rivals & they expect to win. That's a goal start right there & long may it continue.

Famous Fiver
24-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Crunch time could be coming much quicker than we think.

They've got a £12Mill stand to build, Levein has just signed 9 new players, spent a fortune relaying the pitch, no income of note to come through the gates until next season's tickets are being sold.

Direct debits will dry up.

Suddenly, it'll be, we are promoting youngsters.

Why? Because if they are not already, they will be skint.

There is a limit to what Budge will underwrite, even at 6.5% interest on her 'investment.'

HFCdeb
24-02-2017, 10:29 PM
I was in section 45 in the East on Wed and genuinely forgot they were there at times.

The Hearts support *****ed it for themselves over the years, though. They laughed (yes,LAUGHED) at us for getting our house in order, for building top class training facilities, for building a new stand and for balancing the books by selling real quality youth players (none of this Sam Nicholson p*sh - actual quality like Brown and Thomson).

The Hearts support sat slack-jawed and s******ing at us building a future while their own club was being run into the ground by a criminal.

We have an incredible support and the persistence of the young guys in getting the atmosphere up there with the best in the country despite our recent troubles should be applauded by all.

The Hearts fans are now sitting slack-jawed and baffled by the fact that they have no leaders, no atmosphere, no cups,
They can't create a singing section because they slated us for doing it. They can't pay players ridiculous wages anymore. They can't build a team because they keep signing sh*te players on 3 year deals. Their plan for selling on their "talent" from their academy has been a hilarious failure - have they actually made any money from their "golden generation"? Serious question.

Everything they were slagging us off for a decade ago is now being done by them but much, much less successfully. They're a bunch of losers and they know it and that's why they have nothing to sing about.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Next derby we should just give them the minimum permissible ticket allowance. They add nothing to the occasion or atmosphere.

Fergos
24-02-2017, 10:56 PM
The Yams did make a proportionate amount of noise back in the day, but it has to be said that the current crop are way below standard ... the reports from the first game were bad enough, but you kind of expect to be in a battle with 3,000 away fans in the ground. Their utterly sad effort on Wednesday night was as bad as I've seen from any away support of similar size at ER never mind Hertz. and that was on the back of a call to arms all week on sickbag to 'drown out the vermin on Wednesday'

I would say that one area where we are definitely better than them and pretty well always have been is sticking with it when the chips are down ...... no matter what the driving force behind it, stubbornness, sentimentality, defiance, even delusion, call it what you will, I'm willing to bet no club in Scotland has ever put on a display like we did at the end of the 2013 cup final ....... it made me proud to be a Hibby fit to burst and rescued what was otherwise a dismal day.

They are aware of their problem, even posters on sickbag have compared the worlds most atmospheric stadium to a morgue, but as another poster mentioned they almost seem too proud to follow the example of Hibs ( an example they are well aware of ) where our younger supporters have striven mightily to try and improve the atmosphere, so much so that the club have been prepared to work with them ..... if you ask me they can take at the least some credit for the atmosphere we generated at the PBS and for the dynamite atmosphere on Wednesday ... I read a report that the roar at the 3rd goal could be heard in Joppa 3 miles away :greengrin

Some Yams have spoken about turning the Gorgie stand into a singing section and in a way I'm a bit worried about that because its made for it ...... but with the Budgie at the helm that looks as far away as their Champions league dreams I'm pleased to say :aok:

A very significant moment for me also in my near 40 years of watching Hibs. We were down 3-0 with nae chance, the celtic end was pin drop quiet.

The fans showed their class that day.

Hibernian Forever.

Canon Hannan
25-02-2017, 07:35 AM
A very significant moment for me also in my near 40 years of watching Hibs. We were down 3-0 with nae chance, the celtic end was pin drop quiet.

The fans showed their class that day.

Hibernian Forever.

Remember that day well. Great Hibs support.
I feel us, Aberdeen and Celtic have the best supporters who are united behind the clubs they follow. Once we build on the Ultras section - watch the atmosphere grow. Fantastic loyalty the original greens have and remember we are still a Championship team! Wait till we get promoted! 15.000 - 20,000 every week.

Diclonius
25-02-2017, 08:37 AM
I've never seen Hearts fans as miserable, angry or depressed as I saw them on Wednesday.

It was great.

swordin3
25-02-2017, 11:55 AM
I was in section 45 in the East on Wed and genuinely forgot they were there at times.

The Hearts support *****ed it for themselves over the years, though. They laughed (yes,LAUGHED) at us for getting our house in order, for building top class training facilities, for building a new stand and for balancing the books by selling real quality youth players (none of this Sam Nicholson p*sh - actual quality like Brown and Thomson).

The Hearts support sat slack-jawed and s******ing at us building a future while their own club was being run into the ground by a criminal.

We have an incredible support and the persistence of the young guys in getting the atmosphere up there with the best in the country despite our recent troubles should be applauded by all.

The Hearts fans are now sitting slack-jawed and baffled by the fact that they have no leaders, no atmosphere, no cups,
They can't create a singing section because they slated us for doing it. They can't pay players ridiculous wages anymore. They can't build a team because they keep signing sh*te players on 3 year deals. Their plan for selling on their "talent" from their academy has been a hilarious failure - have they actually made any money from their "golden generation"? Serious question.

Everything they were slagging us off for a decade ago is now being done by them but much, much less successfully. They're a bunch of losers and they know it and that's why they have nothing to sing about.

Perfectly put. :lolyam:

7heaven
25-02-2017, 12:25 PM
I played golf yesterday with 10 jambos and me the only Hibby.
Pub after wards for 2 hours.
I could not believe it not one mention of the derby all day.
They must be hurting big time.

SuperAllyMcleod
25-02-2017, 12:36 PM
I played golf yesterday with 10 jambos and me the only Hibby.
Pub after wards for 2 hours.
I could not believe it not one mention of the derby all day.
They must be hurting big time.

Why didn't you mention it? Seemed like a perfect opportunity - throw a grenade in the middle and just watch the fireworks [emoji3]

7heaven
25-02-2017, 12:39 PM
Why didn't you mention it? Seemed like a perfect opportunity - throw a grenade in the middle and just watch the fireworks [emoji3]

Prefer to let them stew knowing inside that they are raging.

stantonhibby
25-02-2017, 12:40 PM

On the top of their backswing would have been the ideal time