PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Atmosphere - Thank You

HibsAnnouncer
23-02-2017, 03:25 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to drop by and say a massive thank you for your feedback and contribution that finally helped deliver a fantastic atmosphere at Easter Road last night!

Over the last few months I have been trying to engage with fans forums with fans groups and take on board feedback to ensure we are delivering what YOU the fans want.

As a die hard Hibee myself, it was great to finally see all the feedback come together to deliver for what I am sure we all agree was an electric atmosphere from start to finish. WE as a support have been absolutely phenomenal in backing the boys and to have all three home stands participating last night was the best I have seen since the Athens Game.

I am however, keen to still take on board any input or suggestions that you may have to ensure that we go through the rest of the season with a stadium sound and format that is built around or glorious green and white support.

Thanks
Barrie

Craig_HFC
23-02-2017, 03:28 PM
Thought you were great last night Barrie, enjoyed the subtle digs at them before the game. Also the song choice immediately after Sunshine on Leith was superb.

Glad that the Club are now allowing you to inject a wee bit banter & humour into your job.

:aok:

Jonnyboy
23-02-2017, 03:34 PM
Thought you were great last night Barrie, enjoyed the subtle digs at them before the game. Also the song choice immediately after Sunshine on Leith was superb.

Glad that the Club are now allowing you to inject a wee bit banter & humour into your job.

Agree with this. One wee thing though Barrie, it's Fyvie not Fyfie 😉

InchHibby
23-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Well done Barrie, your banter and song choice were good, and yes the three stands were rocking.
Don't think the fourth stand we're enjoying themselves too much, but hey, you can't please everyone. Keep up the good work.

Brightside
23-02-2017, 03:36 PM
I still think we need some changes to the pre music. 500 miles is not a Hibs song and makes no sense at the games. I'd like to us to play the original runaround sue and just let the fans sing over it... oh and that We could be Heros song is utter pish... just my humble opinion of course. :greengrin

jgl07
23-02-2017, 03:37 PM
I likes the playing of "Come on over to my place, hey hey we're havin' a party" at the end.

Elephant Stone
23-02-2017, 03:37 PM
Enjoyed last night, cheers. I might be in the minority but I'd rather we didn't bother with snide digs over the tannoy. That Scott Wilson guy over the road is absolutely cringe-worthy when he does it and I reckon we should show a bit of class and avoid it. Just my opinion!

Craig_HFC
23-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Enjoyed last night, cheers. I might be in the minority but I'd rather we didn't bother with snide digs over the tannoy. That Scott Wilson guy over the road is absolutely cringe-worthy when he does it and I reckon we should show a bit of class and avoid it. Just my opinion!

The difference is, however, that ours are subtle enough to go over the majority of the Hertz support's heads. They're not that bright.

Hence why Scott Wilson's digs have to be blatantly obvious.

Shrekko
23-02-2017, 03:45 PM

That's my opinion also. You either sound petty like them or end up with egg on your face. We're better than playground 'our grounds bigger than your ground' digs. Rise above that- and all that matters is the players on the park and the fans. The atmosphere was great because the fans were up for a cup Derby not because of what was blaring out the tannoy.

SouthMoroccoStu
23-02-2017, 03:47 PM

Elephant Stone, what snide digs were there?

Examples if you can please

SouthMoroccoStu
23-02-2017, 03:48 PM
I likes the playing of "Come on over to my place, hey hey we're havin' a party" at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmRRBHNo4ZU

Been singing this all bloody day :greengrin

BlackSheep
23-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Last night's atmosphere was great and I don't know if anyone else will agree but at one point it sounded like the volume was turned up in the east and we could actually hear the music!!! If this could be done with the announcer mic then I think the constant moaning about the east stand speakers could die down? Well done to all involved last night.

BroxburnHibee
23-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Have to say I was at the front of the East last night and couldn't make out a word you were saying.

Sound system is useless. Nothing new for the East mind. Been like that for decades :greengrin

Andy74
23-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Still couldn't hear a word. Surely the atmosphere was more to do with it being a full house and a derby along with winning it easily!?

Elephant Stone
23-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Elephant Stone, what snide digs were there?

Examples if you can please

I didn't hear any but the poster above me said he enjoyed the subtle digs before the game. I'm just saying I'd prefer it if we didn't do that, mainly because when I hear that kind of stuff at Tin-castle I just get the impression that they're a bunch of attention-seeking gimps.

Ozyhibby
23-02-2017, 03:52 PM
I sit in the east, what's this tannoy system you talk of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dp00
23-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Enjoyed last night, first time I've sat in the east stand tho and it was really difficult to understand anything which was being said due to the poor speakers ... any plans on upgrading them ?

hfc rd
23-02-2017, 03:57 PM
Thought you done really well last night Barrie! Could only vaguely hear you at the back of the East Stand with the digs aimed at the yams! Keep up the good work! Only thing that needs to be improved is the stadium sound system!

23-02-2017, 03:58 PM
Unbelievable atmosphere last night, place was absolutely bouncing from the first minute to the last. Even at HT the singing carried on.

The jambos tried to excuse their lack of atmosphere at tynecastle with "aw the away fans always make the most noise anyway". We out sang and out classed them yet again. The very few times they tried to start one of their very few songs they have left, they were drowned out in seconds.

Brilliant from you Barrie, reminding them that they were in Edinburghs biggest football ground, highest attendance, we are Scottish cup winners etc. :thumbsup::top marks

Conrad Gray
23-02-2017, 04:00 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the Drifters at the end.

pacoluna
23-02-2017, 04:33 PM
That's my opinion also. You either sound petty like them or end up with egg on your face. We're better than playground 'our grounds bigger than your ground' digs. Rise above that- and all that matters is the players on the park and the fans. The atmosphere was great because the fans were up for a cup Derby not because of what was blaring out the tannoy.
:rolleyes:

G-Reg
23-02-2017, 04:43 PM
I used to love hearing teenage kicks by the undertones before games and anytime it pops up on my playlist I instantly think of being at East Road. Does anyone know when or why they started playing it at games?

gogsy23
23-02-2017, 04:44 PM
Cant lie never heard a word from Q232. Great altmosphere tho

Hermit Crab
23-02-2017, 04:46 PM
As previously suggested, let the fans choose the songs. I'd also stop playing music when we score. Its not cool.

KWJ
23-02-2017, 04:47 PM
I used to love hearing teenage kicks by the undertones before games and anytime it pops up on my playlist I instantly think of being at East Road. Does anyone know when or why they started playing it at games?

Either Williamson's or Mowbray's teams because there were so many youngsters.

Moulin Yarns
23-02-2017, 04:47 PM

I think it was John Collins choice.

Love it

stantonhibby
23-02-2017, 04:48 PM

When we had all the youngsters in team.....Brown, Whittaker, Riordan etc

23-02-2017, 04:48 PM

It started in the Mowbray era when we had a squad made up of mostly young players (the Golden Generation), Riordan, Thompson, O'conner, Brown, Whittaker etc.

Borderhibbie76
23-02-2017, 04:49 PM
As previously suggested, let the fans choose the songs. I'd also stop playing music when we score. Its not cool.
See I enjoy the music when we score it helped to have the place rocking

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderlands
23-02-2017, 04:50 PM
Attendance 20,205 and it sounded like it on radio , well done all

:flag::flag:

PapillonVert
23-02-2017, 04:51 PM

IIRC, it was around the time Scott Brown, Kevin Thomson, Garry O, Derek Riordan etc were breaking into the 1st team.

Around the time Mowbray became Manager? We had a very young, talented team at the time and the song reflected the youthfulness of the team.

MichaelTheCelt
23-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Watched you's singing Sunshine on Leith from last night about 10 times now amazing! Proper shivers down the spine stuff, well in Hibs! Those players must feel invincible with a support like that.

WeeRussell
23-02-2017, 04:59 PM
See I enjoy the music when we score it helped to have the place rocking

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've no issue with music either although I'm easy either way. I guess the argument on the other side could be that it would be nice just to have the good old fashioned crowd roar after goals!!

To be fair it did encourage a good old "na na na na" when free from desire came on after the second (I think) last night. And it's only after the initial crowd noise dies down that you hear any music.

Good job hibs and the crowd. The atmosphere was brilliant, but then I'd expect nothing less.

green day
23-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Watched you's singing Sunshine on Leith from last night about 10 times now amazing! Proper shivers down the spine stuff, well in Hibs! Those players must feel invincible with a support like that.

As you know from Parkhead, stuff like that really brings the players and fans together.

Although we tucked them up in a similar way last year, a couple of the players were not here then - e.g. I saw that Marcianos wife tweeted about SoL being incredible (as it was the first time she had really seen it).

calumhibee1
23-02-2017, 05:11 PM

Love it

John Collins song was alive and kicking.. a shocker of a song in general but even worse for the footy. :greengrin Teenage kicks was through the Mowbray period when we had a team full of young laddies.

ronaldo7
23-02-2017, 05:12 PM
Special mention to the Prawn sandwich brigade in the Hospy. Far from sitting under their rugs and keeping warm, they were up, singing and dancing with the rest of us.

WhileTheChief..
23-02-2017, 05:19 PM
I'd like to hear some of the Trainspotting soundtrack and make it ours.

Think we used to play Born Slippy?? The start to that is amazing.

Or Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Two Tribes, cracking tune and topical.

Cropley10
23-02-2017, 05:23 PM
I'm struggling to think of another Club in Scotland who has their own 'anthem' - that they don't share with anyone else - like we have Sunshine on Leith.

And because its only used on special occasions and is sung usually by the whole support too, is so special. Hibs Class

:flag:

Since90+2
23-02-2017, 05:29 PM
I'm struggling to think of another Club in Scotland who has their own 'anthem' - that they don't share with anyone else - like we have Sunshine on Leith.

And because its only used on special occasions and is sung usually by the whole support too, is so special. Hibs Class

:flag:

There's quite a few clubs in Scotland with unique anthems that only they use. Follow Follow and the ***** Hearts song off the of my head.

Sunshine on Leith is by a distance though the best and most emotional anthem in football.

BSEJVT
23-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Thanks Barrie

Like everything around the club its a work in progress

Although the fans belting it out is fabulous I thought the played version of the We are Hibs tune was a bit meh, possibly because it was just We are Hibs repeated over and over rather than any other lyrics.

I don't have any problems with the digs at them, but keep them subtle

Playing more Hibs songs before and at half time helps, I would prefer that a Hibs song was the last one played before kick off

I also don't mind tunes after goals, what drives their selection, goal scoring player choice?

GGTTH

Cropley10
23-02-2017, 05:40 PM
There's quite a few clubs in Scotland with unique anthems that only they use. Follow Follow and the ***** Hearts song off the of my head.

Sunshine on Leith is by a distance though the best and most emotional anthem in football.

Aye maybe they're unique but neither of them wil,l all as one, belt them out!

The SoL videos get shared around the world, unlike the Famous and their cousins in the West.

ED Hibee
23-02-2017, 05:44 PM

I seem to remember it was played around the weekend after John Peel (youngsters ask your dads!) passed away in season 2004/05, it was probably the most iconic song attached to him as a dj and we did like to consider him as one of our own (something to do with Ballboy giving him a Hibs top when they had a session on his show). The song then took on a life of its own as it fitted well with situation we were in at time with largely teenage squad playing the Hibs way.

Anytime I hear it takes me right back to Easter Road.

SuperAllyMcleod
23-02-2017, 05:50 PM
As you know from Parkhead, stuff like that really brings the players and fans together.

Although we tucked them up in a similar way last year, a couple of the players were not here then - e.g. I saw that Marcianos wife tweeted about SoL being incredible (as it was the first time she had really seen it).

You're following Marciano's wife on twitter????

Elephant Stone
23-02-2017, 06:02 PM

Me too. Nights like last night are perfect for Born Slippy.

The_Sauz
23-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Thanks for last night Craig :aok:
As for the "We are Hibs" loop, I thought it was not that great as it was missing

Hibbes 3 Rangers 2
All the Jambos know it's true
Ram your 1902

Now that would have upset them big time :greengrin

As for the PA system, I sit in the west upper (North) and some times you can't even hear yourself think it's that loud :shocked: (Pre game and Half time Music)

green dawn
23-02-2017, 06:05 PM

Just been listening to the Prodigy remix of Lust For Life from T2. Think that would go down a storm.

Andy74
23-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Just been listening to the Prodigy remix of Lust For Life from T2. Think that would go down a storm.

It is very good indeed.

Andy74
23-02-2017, 06:08 PM

Aren't we all? :wink:

HibbyAndy
23-02-2017, 06:09 PM
Aren't we all? :wink:

:greengrin

WhileTheChief..
23-02-2017, 06:09 PM
^^:agree:

We should make the most out of Trainspotting.

Classic British movie stuffed full of Hibs references with one of the best soundtracks ever.

Make the music synonymous with Hibs then no one else can steal it.

Winston Ingram
23-02-2017, 06:10 PM
I love the Heroes song:flag:

HibbyAndy
23-02-2017, 06:12 PM
I love the Heroes song:flag:

Me tae , No way should we bin this song !

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2017, 06:15 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the Drifters at the end.

The Drifters had maroon scarves and sloped out after the third.

hibsbollah
23-02-2017, 06:16 PM
Heroes is one of the best songs ever. Keep it:agree:

lyonhibs
23-02-2017, 06:22 PM
I'd be intrigued to hear how the announcer thinks he contributed to the great atmosphere when large swathes of the stadium sadly can't properly hear a word that's said thanks to the crappy PA.

Really needs to be looked at properly.

Great atmosphere though. A full stadium watching a team humping their city rivals was the main explanation though.

CathroMustStay
23-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Both the attendance and atmosphere contributed to a really special night, nothing better than stuffing those maroon c*nts... well apart from winning the Scottish Cup of course! :flag:

hibee_girl
23-02-2017, 06:30 PM
We couldn't hear anything that was said last night, mainly down to the crowd noise but then we do struggle to hear the announcer at the best of times! It took me a while to figure out it was Kevin Thomson on the pitch at half time last night.

ripvanwinkle
23-02-2017, 06:31 PM
The difference is, however, that ours are subtle enough to go over the majority of the Hertz support's heads. They're not that bright.

Hence why Scott Wilson's digs have to be blatantly obvious.

Even the thickest Jambo would have no trouble understanding the digs. Just stopped short of saying " and our pies are better than yours!" Could have done without that and the Hibs Hibs on loop. sounded moronic. Better when the crowd sang it though:wink:

LichtieHibby
23-02-2017, 06:44 PM
I still think playing the start of this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VBYnXRzTqw) after a goal would be excellent. The bass would get the ground a-rockin'.

I'm sure someone can think of words to go with it. "Something something something Hibees Goal!"

Craig_HFC
23-02-2017, 06:47 PM
I still think playing the start of this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VBYnXRzTqw) after a goal would be excellent. The bass would get the ground a-rockin'.

I'm sure someone can think of words to go with it. "Something something something Hibees Goal!"

WTF

:bitchy:

WoreTheGreen
23-02-2017, 07:00 PM
WTF

:bitchy:

Sounds like a exhaust pipe getting dragged aloung a cobble street

green day
23-02-2017, 07:04 PM

Ha ! it was retweeted by someone (Hibs TRansfer News?) Mind you, having had a look I might start following her..........

MikeyS
23-02-2017, 07:27 PM

Love it

Nah his song of choice was some p*sh by simple minds. Truly awful it was too.

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2017, 07:30 PM
We couldn't hear anything that was said last night, mainly down to the crowd noise but then we do struggle to hear the announcer at the best of times! It took me a while to figure out it was Kevin Thomson on the pitch at half time last night.

Thanks for letting me know who it was - I had no idea!

Sir David Gray
23-02-2017, 07:52 PM
The sound system in the east stand is still hopeless and needs to be looked at urgently.

I couldn't make out anything that was being said.

Onion
23-02-2017, 07:56 PM

Agree with this. Leave the petty digs and point scoring over the tannoy and to the Yams. There is nothing at that club worth copying. Stick to Hibs Class. :aok:

HibernianJK
23-02-2017, 08:11 PM
One person calling the OP Craig one calling him Barrie. Which is it?

I'm_cabbaged
23-02-2017, 08:22 PM
One person calling the OP Craig one calling him Barrie. Which is it?

Given he's signed off his post "Barry" I'll go with that. Top bloke who I've had dealings with and one that has helped massively with connecting the fans with the club again. Still cannae hear a word he says in the east right enough!! 😂

wearethehibs
23-02-2017, 08:38 PM
Well said John

percy veer
23-02-2017, 08:40 PM
A wee blast of hibs hero's would be good

California-Hibs
23-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Keep the digs and banter going! Brilliant stuff and gets everyone pumped up more and more. Couldn't disagree more with folk who say it makes us look 'petty' and is 'Scott Wilson-ish'. It works, and its football!
Also loved the songs coming through loud and clear on periscope after the goals, big fan of them and add to the atmosphere. Free From Desire after the 2nd was magic!

Keep it up fella! 👍

RyeSloan
23-02-2017, 09:16 PM
Absolutely had no idea there was music played after the goals last night...the noise in the East was unbelievable and easily drowned out any tannoy (not saying much in the East right enough)

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2017, 09:26 PM
one day we shall fully embrace 21st century technology....and get a second speaker installed, twin speakers would be kool

ColinNish
23-02-2017, 10:00 PM
Keep the digs and banter going! Brilliant stuff and gets everyone pumped up more and more. Couldn't disagree more with folk who say it makes us look 'petty' and is 'Scott Wilson-ish'. It works, and its football!
Also loved the songs coming through loud and clear on periscope after the goals, big fan of them and add to the atmosphere. Free From Desire after the 2nd was magic!

Keep it up fella! 👍

No its not, its reminiscent of American ice hockey and tacky as ****!!

Hibs1969
23-02-2017, 10:18 PM
It started in the Mowbray era when we had a squad made up of mostly young players (the Golden Generation), Riordan, Thompson, O'conner, Brown, Whittaker etc.
John Peel expressed a liking for Hibs and Teenage Kicks was one of his favourites so we played it as a tribute to him after he passed away. Also a great tune 😀

S4uzee
23-02-2017, 10:22 PM

Freed from desire is brilliant after we score

Callyballybe
23-02-2017, 10:35 PM
I for one love the sly digs. ****** 'em.

Freed from Desire is a class tune that always gets the crowd going.

RamYer1902
23-02-2017, 11:33 PM
Goal music adds to the atmosphere when we score imo.

hfc rd
23-02-2017, 11:34 PM

I hope not!

Personally don't like music being played when a goal gets scored. Just the noise from the crowd is great. However if the announcer wants music then Gala's Freed From Desire tune always gets the crowd rocking.

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2017, 11:39 PM
When you watch SOL being sung after the game, the Jambos know they can never match that class and passion. It makes them look like the 9th rate outfit they are.

The songbook crisis is indicative of their deeper malaise.

G-Reg
23-02-2017, 11:46 PM
Thanks for all info on the reasons behind teenage kicks. I've listened to about 5 times tonight after thinking about it

HibsAnnouncer
24-02-2017, 04:33 PM
I'd be intrigued to hear how the announcer thinks he contributed to the great atmosphere when large swathes of the stadium sadly can't properly hear a word that's said thanks to the crappy PA.

Really needs to be looked at properly.

Great atmosphere though. A full stadium watching a team humping their city rivals was the main explanation though.

Never really thought we had anything to do but the interaction the engagement is what I was thanking people for.

There has been a lot made about the sound and putting together what the fans wanted and its why i have tried to engage on here to help bridge that gap and to try get what our amazing fans what from the stadium. Wednesday night we had 20,000+ in the stadium and quite rightly it's down to the fans for the atmosphere I agree 100%.

I don't want it any other way which is why the fans groups have helped us as a club put together a format that hopefully is beginning to work in the stadium.

This week we took on board the following: -
1) more hibs songs including the re-introduction of hibs heroes (i track i grew up listening to on my visits to ER).
2) no music as the teams come out pass over to fans as appose to trying to drown.
3) have a bit more fun on derby days without going over the top

There is still improvements to make and we are never going to please absolutely everyone but we can do all we can to find a middle ground and deliver an input and sound for us the fans.

We are aware of the issues with sound but we have put things in place to try balance the sound as a short term measure :).

California-Hibs
24-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Never really thought we had anything to do but the interaction the engagement is what I was thanking people for.

There has been a lot made about the sound and putting together what the fans wanted and its why i have tried to engage on here to help bridge that gap and to try get what our amazing fans what from the stadium. Wednesday night we had 20,000+ in the stadium and quite rightly it's down to the fans for the atmosphere I agree 100%.

I don't want it any other way which is why the fans groups have helped us as a club put together a format that hopefully is beginning to work in the stadium.

This week we took on board the following: -
1) more hibs songs including the re-introduction of hibs heroes (i track i grew up listening to on my visits to ER).
2) no music as the teams come out pass over to fans as appose to trying to drown.
3) have a bit more fun on derby days without going over the top

There is still improvements to make and we are never going to please absolutely everyone but we can do all we can to find a middle ground and deliver an input and sound for us the fans.

We are aware of the issues with sound but we have put things in place to try balance the sound as a short term measure :).

Keep the sly digs at them coming 👍 We've been missing a trick with them for years and it's refreshing to see. Freed From Desire after the 2nd was superb as well. Loved all the 'Scottish Cup Winners' lines too, brilliant!

GreenCastle
24-02-2017, 05:12 PM
Hibee Heros is a classic - should be played every week. :top marks

https://youtu.be/fiLAxnD-MTM

Keep the goal music..maybe let the fans make some noise first then play a short segment before announcing scorer.

I still think we should try saying the players last name...you say Grant...fans yell HOLT - often done in German Leagues etc..

See this https://youtu.be/QXROcBwRf2E and https://youtu.be/f-yxaRYfitc

Final issue is still the terrible PA / Tannoy etc - didn't know who or what was said at Half time from the East. The West seems too loud supposedly.

After every win - we should have I'm On My Way (Proclaimers) played too and Altogether now by the Farm :agree:

Danny_Hibee
24-02-2017, 06:02 PM
I thought 'Come On Over To My Place' was brilliant at the end! Great choice!

Johnny Clash
24-02-2017, 06:57 PM
I seem to remember it was played around the weekend after John Peel (youngsters ask your dads!) passed away in season 2004/05, it was probably the most iconic song attached to him as a dj and we did like to consider him as one of our own (something to do with Ballboy giving him a Hibs top when they had a session on his show). The song then took on a life of its own as it fitted well with situation we were in at time with largely teenage squad playing the Hibs way.
Anytime I hear it takes me right back to Easter Road.

John Peel was a music legend and all the more special after doing a show wearing a Hibs top . There's a classic photo of him in the hibees top looking at a Gene Vincent album.

Any idea the band that gifted him the top?

MartinfaePorty
24-02-2017, 07:08 PM
John Peel was a music legend and all the more special after doing a show wearing a Hibs top . There's a classic photo of him in the hibees top looking at a Gene Vincent album.

Any idea the band that gifted him the top?

Was it not Ballboy?

Johnny Clash
24-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Was it not Ballboy?

Yes but I think 'Ed-Hibee' said earlier he played in a band that did a session for John Peel? Unless I misread that?

Baw187
24-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Not one for wanting to set myself up for a fall, I thought the digs were risky, as was the exuberant bating of the jambos by the support. But they paid off big time and all contributed to one of (if not the) best nights I've had at ER. And I include Athens and 6-2 in that.

Top drawer Barrie.

Leith's finest
25-02-2017, 08:16 AM
I thought 'Come On Over To My Place' was brilliant at the end! Great choice!

Yup was a great choice, should have followed it up by playing going underground by the jam

KingFranck
25-02-2017, 02:54 PM
The problem Stadium Announcer is the radio microphone you use we can't hear anything in the East when you use it.