PDA

View Full Version : Hearts fans in the workplace

Pretty Boy
23-02-2017, 08:27 AM
My work is predominantly Hibs fans (in my experience this is true of a lot of workplaces in Edinburgh, perhaps lending weight to the suggestion Hearts draw a big chunk of their support from surrounding areas). However we do have a couple of token Hearts fans.

One of them is a decent sort. Follows his team home and away, take his kids to the home games, enjoys a bit football banter and whilst not a mate as such is an ok guy to have a post work pint with every so often. His reaction to last night was simple 'you battered us all over the park, well deserved.' He never hid and came over and said morning as he usually does.

The other is a slavering lunatic. Has a tattoo of a soldier on his arm with 'Lest we Forget' underneath but probably couldn't tell you when WWI started. He's a total bigot and fits nicely into the diet hun category. He also uses terms such as 'wee team', 'the famous' and so on with no apparent sense of irony. He was mouthing off all week about how Hearts would 'kill us' and 'score 4 or 5 easy'. He skulked in this morning without a word. I ignored him as he's the type who views being ignored as far worse than any other fate. After about 20 minutes one of the other Hibs fans asked his thoughts on the game and he exploded. 'We hud mair possession and mair corners ya stupid ****', 'come back when youse win a final 5-1' and my personal favourite 'at least ah've no goat aids'.

What's been your Hearts highlight of the day so far?

hibsbollah
23-02-2017, 08:34 AM
Haven't had one yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing my sons under 11 coach at training tonight, a decent enough Hertz fan but who announced to me on Tuesday evening 'to be totally honest with you I can't see any other outcome but a comfortable win'.

:greengrin

Northernhibee
23-02-2017, 08:36 AM
My work is predominantly Hibs fans (in my experience this is true of a lot of workplaces in Edinburgh, perhaps lending weight to the suggestion Hearts draw a big chunk of their support from surrounding areas). However we do have a couple of token Hearts fans.

One of them is a decent sort. Follows his team home and away, take his kids to the home games, enjoys a bit football banter and whilst not a mate as such is an ok guy to have a post work pint with every so often. His reaction to last night was simple 'you battered us all over the park, well deserved.' He never hid and came over and said morning as he usually does.

The other is a slavering lunatic. Has a tattoo of a soldier on his arm with 'Lest we Forget' underneath but probably couldn't tell you when WWI started. He's a total bigot and fits nicely into the diet hun category. He also uses terms such as 'wee team', 'the famous' and so on with no apparent sense of irony. He was mouthing off all week about how Hearts would 'kill us' and 'score 4 or 5 easy'. He skulked in this morning without a word. I ignored him as he's the type who views being ignored as far worse than any other fate. After about 20 minutes one of the other Hibs fans asked his thoughts on the game and he exploded. 'We hud mair possession and mair corners ya stupid ****', 'come back when youse win a final 5-1' and my personal favourite 'at least ah've no goat aids'.

We have won a final 5-1 :lolyam:

Fritz
23-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Haven't had one yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing my sons under 11 coach at training tonight, a decent enough Hertz fan but who announced to me on Tuesday evening 'to be totally honest with you I can't see any other outcome but a comfortable win'.

Well he was right then!

calumhibee1
23-02-2017, 08:37 AM
Two hearts fans in my work. One of them a decent chap who came over, shook my hand and said well done. The other; while still being a decent guy hasn't turned up yet.

hibsbollah
23-02-2017, 08:38 AM
Well he was right then!

I'm going to point this out to him:greengrin

surreyhibbie
23-02-2017, 08:41 AM
There are times when I am glad I dont work with, or have any contact with, Yams, they seem to be scarce down here.

Today is not one of them !

Might have a dig at my Yam brother and cousins on FB later though....

:wink:

makaveli1875
23-02-2017, 08:43 AM
in 2012 i was surrounded by jambos at work

this year all my workmates are hibbies bar 1 , and he's off sick today :lolyam:

Coults1875
23-02-2017, 08:45 AM
At my work we do a lot of building simulations. Decided to wind up the hearts fan in work by asking him to review a new building :greengrin:cb

Carheenlea
23-02-2017, 08:47 AM
My Hearts highlight of the day so far is not encountering any Hearts fans. In triumph or defeat, such days will always be good days.

Alan62
23-02-2017, 08:49 AM
At my work we do a lot of building simulations. Decided to wind up the hearts fan in work by asking him to review a new building :greengrin:cb

Take a bow, son. That's hilarious. :not worth

hibsbollah
23-02-2017, 08:54 AM

:faf:

Mon Dieu4
23-02-2017, 09:05 AM
I just got told to **** off, hadn't even said a word to them, simply smiled at them when I walked in

JimBHibees
23-02-2017, 09:07 AM

He was spot on though. :greengrin

hibsbollah
23-02-2017, 09:07 AM
I just got told to **** off, hadn't even said a word to them, simply smiled at them when I walked in

To be fair you were wearing a green and white jesters hat with shiny bells :thumbsup:

StevieCowan
23-02-2017, 09:13 AM
I got the "your still hurting from 5-1"

My reply was that hurt disappeared on May 21st 2016 and actually 2012 has driven the club forward.

The 5-1 could become their 7-0 where for a number of Hibby's time stood still for 15 years as we revelled in that result.

Today is a joyous day.

Rejoice and enjoy!

JimboHibs
23-02-2017, 09:18 AM

Comedy gold ....u can feel the seethe from the tramps.

DaveF
23-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Just had a visit from office jambo who was very gracious, while absolutely scathing about Hearts.

Pleasing :-)

xyz23jc
23-02-2017, 09:26 AM
Take a bow, son. That's hilarious. :not worth

Genius! :thumbsup::agree::greengrin:top marks

Jim44
23-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Retirement does have it's downside at times like this.:greengrin

Hermit Crab
23-02-2017, 09:30 AM
I'm off until Sunday night now, won't see any of the clowns until then.

jgl07
23-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Working in Glasgow means that there aren't any Hearts fans.

Most appear to be Celtic fans.

Scouse Hibee
23-02-2017, 09:39 AM
The jambo has not turned up!

Jones28
23-02-2017, 09:40 AM
I'm hoping to out a few jambos as I walk through the SRUC building at Edinburgh uni today with my Hibs top on 😂

Panathinaikos
23-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Most of the Jambos in my work are fairly reasonable although one complete roaster has claimed the SFA are considering throwing us out of the competition because of fans running on to the pitch. The thing is he was being serious!!! :faf:

Another one (one oh the decent ones) claims that a flare was thrown after the first goal and it landed right in front of him. It obviously didn't go off!!! :hmmm:

darwenhibby
23-02-2017, 09:54 AM
Driving through Darwen this morning I drove passed the ale jambo in the town
He is a good guy who on Sunday night told me that last was going to be revenge in the replay and we were as good as out
When we passed on the road his eyes were fully focused on the road
Think he's experienced enough crashes recently

leithsansiro
23-02-2017, 09:59 AM
There's one Jambo I work beside. Decent bloke, but had been reckoning that Hearts would beat us.

Congratulated Hibs this morning, acknowledged that Hibs were much better.

Said that he hates it when there's a quiet, dignified acknowledgement of a derby victory. He said he'd much rather have someone rubbing his nose in it. Okay, I replied.

And just left it at that.

MrSmith
23-02-2017, 10:04 AM
Is this now known as "the night we killed Hearts?"

1 'Lord Nelson! Lord Beaverbrook! Sir Winston Churchill! Sir Anthony Eden! Clement Attlee! Henry Cooper! Lady Diana! Maggie Thatcher - can you hear me, Maggie Thatcher! Your boys took one hell of a beating! Your boys took one hell of a beating!' Said by Bjorge Lillelien on Norwegian TV When Norway beat England 2-1 in Oslo in a World Cup qualifier in Sept 1981Lillelien's gloriously over-the-top response to Norway's unlikely victory over Ron Greenwood's side marked the high watermark of football commentary as social commentary. Passionate, uninhibited and a bit weird, football fans everywhere from Scotland to Argentina knew exactly what he was saying: that there is no pleasure as sweet as beating England at their own game

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2002/oct/06/sixnations2008.features

fat freddy
23-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Im working in Dundee today, I may pay a visit to The World Heritage Site Birthplace of Ian Cathro to learn more about tactical systems and inspirational team talks. It opens at noon so if I get there 5 minutes early I'll be able to stand about outside getting cold while everyone else is inside having a nice cup of tea, another inspired idea courtesy of Pep Cathriola

Forza Fred
23-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Down here, only encounter jambos on line.

Did see one in a Hearts strip as I was driving through Sydney once, but couldn't mount the pavement without injuring some innocent bystanders.

They did have some kind of Supporters Club in Oz in the late 80s but rumour had it the guy who started it disappeared with the money not long after.........or so a jambo member told me....

Humo
23-02-2017, 11:13 AM
Most of the Jambos in my work are fairly reasonable although one complete roaster has claimed the SFA are considering throwing us out of the competition because of fans running on to the pitch. The thing is he was being serious!!! :faf:

Another one (one oh the decent ones) claims that a flare was thrown after the first goal and it landed right in front of him. It obviously didn't go off!!! :hmmm:
To be fair there was a green flair on the pitch after the first goal it landed to the main stand side of their goals

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

KWJ
23-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Saw a flare flying from the west that must have landed in the Jambos end, ended up going off just by the pitch.

Didn't want to bring it up first but the person that done it wants lifted, absolute eejit.

Callyballybe
23-02-2017, 11:22 AM

Aaaahaaaaa! Post of the day.

givescotlandfreedom
23-02-2017, 11:22 AM
One combustor I know has the 5-1 blanket well and truly out. It must be shredded and ridden with jobby, pee and tear stains after getting papped out the cup for THE THIRD TIME since we died as a club.

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Work mainly from home these days, but so does my Jambo next door neighbour who is easy to torment. (In fact my wife has told me off about this: "stop bullying Alan about football, it's not a good look' etc etc - works fine for me.) Had some Hibs friends down after the game, and invited neighbour in for a drink. He always comes and is always completely torn apart. I think he's something of a masochist who loves the attention. So therefore I'm going to stop.

GlesgaeHibby
23-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Walked past the Hearts fan at work this morning on a way to a meeting. Didn't even need to say anything to get a reaction, a mere smile was all it took.

They are hurting big time, and it is absolutely glorious.

mjhibby
23-02-2017, 12:03 PM
Walked past the Hearts fan at work this morning on a way to a meeting. Didn't even need to say anything to get a reaction, a mere smile was all it took.

They are hurting big time, and it is absolutely glorious.

Indeed a smile and a good morning sets them off. Not mentioning the game winds them up even more. I don't think I've ever seen such a poor reaction to a derby defeat as this one. Marvellous.

ColinNish
23-02-2017, 12:45 PM
Unfortunately, my jambo boss is out of the office today and not due back until tomorrow. He'll keep. :greengrin

maturehibby
23-02-2017, 02:34 PM
One combustor I know has the 5-1 blanket well and truly out. It must be shredded and ridden with jobby, pee and tear stains after getting papped out the cup for THE THIRD TIME since we died as a club.

If this is the person I think it is did he not leave at half time ?

aljo7-0
23-02-2017, 02:52 PM
My business partner, a part time Jambo, pretended he didn't know the result. Took great pleasure in advising him.

greenlex
23-02-2017, 03:33 PM
I too am in the weedge for work. Not one here anymore. Feel cheated. Having said that last May was glorious.

JackLadd
23-02-2017, 03:37 PM
Apparently Queen Ann is flaming at Cathy' s clowns.

Hermit Crab
23-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Ive ben told we are ***** because we only won 3-1 but two weeks ago they were going to destroy us.....

Hermit Crab
23-02-2017, 03:41 PM
My business partner, a part time Jambo, pretended he didn't know the result. Took great pleasure in advising him.

My arse.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-02-2017, 03:42 PM
I just nipped into Dickens Bar for a quick gloat but, they seem to have their invisibility cloaks on today. I wouldnae even have said anything, just the seethe of them waiting for me to say something would be enough. :-)

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-02-2017, 03:46 PM
Our ex CEO is a Jambo. To be fair he saw the result coming and told me that we would win. Says something is wrong at Tincastle just now. But he wants Cathro to stay and Levein to back off.

Hibernia&Alba
23-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Had the fishing rod out all day and caught a couple of maroon beauties. Had one close to tears at one stage :fishin::lolyam:

Scouse Hibee
23-02-2017, 04:47 PM
He eventually turned up sat sulking and said nothing. Then when I brought it up said he left at 3-0 and wasn't interested any more!

lucky
23-02-2017, 04:53 PM
I'm going to a dinner on Saturday night and Scott Wilson is at my table, the fun I'm going have

JeMeSouviens
23-02-2017, 04:55 PM
I'm going to a dinner on Saturday night and Scott Wilson is at my table, the fun I'm going have

Be sure to MAKE SOME NOISE!! :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
23-02-2017, 04:56 PM

Yaaaaaaas. Give it to that welt until he puts the table up in the air :greengrin

Alex Trager
23-02-2017, 04:58 PM

Which he was right about to be fair

high bee
23-02-2017, 04:59 PM

Did see one in a Hearts strip as I was driving through Sydney once, but couldn't mount the pavement without injuring some innocent bystanders.

They did have some kind of Supporters Club in Oz in the late 80s but rumour had it the guy who started it disappeared with the money not long after.........or so a jambo member told me....

He didn't promise share certificates before he ascended did he? Spoke with a Baltic accent?

Alex Trager
23-02-2017, 05:09 PM
We have a winner

Northernhibee
23-02-2017, 05:12 PM

Yasssssssssss, give him a big 3-1 whilst ****ging his tatties or something :greengrin

Hibbyradge
23-02-2017, 05:34 PM
I think he's something of a masochist who loves the attention. So therefore I'm going to stop.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

I drove back to York this afternoon after a splendid and successful trip to Edinburgh and the Holy Ground and I decided to stop off at pub close to home for a quick pint and a chance to catch up with dotnet.

I sat away from everyone else, who I didn't know, with my San Miguel and statred to peruse the message boards. When I read the above comment, I literally snorted lager out of my nose, started to laugh raucously and drew the attention of all the locals.

Trying to explain the joke and its dry, caustic humour to total strangers is much more difficult than I'd bargained for. They now must think I'm mental and possibly dangerous.

GreenLake
23-02-2017, 05:47 PM
We are the big team, end of.

--------
23-02-2017, 05:51 PM

I dunno, Jim. After a night like last, I feel it's my duty to offer comfort and consolation to the afflicted. It's disappointing when I don't meet any.

If you can share a smile ...

Same thing happened in Airdrie, IIRC.

--------
23-02-2017, 05:52 PM
😂😂😂😂😂😂

I drove back to York this afternoon after a splendid and successful trip to Edinburgh and the Holy Ground and I decided to stop off at pub close to home for a quick pint and a chance to catch up with dotnet.

I sat away from everyone else, who I didn't know, with my San Miguel and statred to peruse the message boards. When I read the above comment, I literally snorted lager out of my nose, started to laugh raucously and drew the attention of all the locals.

Trying to explain the joke and its dry, caustic humour to total strangers is much more difficult than I'd bargained for. They now must think I'm mental and possibly dangerous.

But you are.

BOTH.

That's why we all love you so much ....:devil:

givescotlandfreedom
23-02-2017, 10:44 PM
If this is the person I think it is did he not leave at half time ?

That's the one. You'd think he might remember derbies aren't necessarily over when you're 2-0 down at half time :D

Hi Heid Yin
23-02-2017, 11:25 PM
I got the "your still hurting from 5-1"

My reply was that hurt disappeared on May 21st 2016 and actually 2012 has driven the club forward.

The 5-1 could become their 7-0 where for a number of Hibby's time stood still for 15 years as we revelled in that result.

Today is a joyous day.

Rejoice and enjoy!

15 years??
I'm still crowing from that result 44 years on!!

hibby6270
24-02-2017, 09:58 AM

With you on that one. Not having the face to face banter with work colleagues is something I miss. It is replaced though by text and social media comments that have sadly ended with reminders of 5-1 in 2012. Yeah, yeah. Get over yourselves. You've done naff all since then and they know it. Just can't bring themselves to admit it.

hibby6270
24-02-2017, 10:04 AM
Work mainly from home these days, but so does my Jambo next door neighbour who is easy to torment. (In fact my wife has told me off about this: "stop bullying Alan about football, it's not a good look' etc etc - works fine for me.) Had some Hibs friends down after the game, and invited neighbour in for a drink. He always comes and is always completely torn apart. I think he's something of a masochist who loves the attention. So therefore I'm going to stop.

Never stop DBS. Continue to reap while the sun still shines (on Leith!!) :greengrin

Betty Boop
24-02-2017, 10:08 AM
I work in Council Headquarters which is rammed full of Jambos. They all had angry faces yesterday, and just to add to their pain, Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson were in the building. :greengrin

One Day Soon
24-02-2017, 10:21 AM
We are the big team, end of.

No. We are the end of the Big Team.