PDA

View Full Version : Yams Today's weather

Ozyhibby
23-02-2017, 07:52 AM
Today's weather is not great if you are trying to lay a new pitch in a two week period at a cost of £700k. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
23-02-2017, 08:05 AM
AFAIK this is just a re turfing to take them to the end of the season at which point they are going to put in a hybrid pitch like Arsenal have ..... it will be pretty expensive though and I cant see the point on wasting the money when they have sod all to play for.

23-02-2017, 08:06 AM
Imagine spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on a new pitch only to realise that it wasn't the pitch to blame all along :greengrin

scoopyboy
23-02-2017, 08:07 AM
AFAIK this is just a re turfing to take them to the end of the season at which point they are going to put in a hybrid pitch like Arsenal have ..... it will be pretty expensive though and I cant see the point on wasting the money when they have sod all to play for.

They've shelved the hybrid pitch as they feel they wouldn't get value out of the pitch they're relaying now.

Another kop out from them.

BSEJVT
23-02-2017, 08:07 AM
Today's weather is not great if you are trying to lay a new pitch in a two week period at a cost of £700k. [emoji23]

They are absolutely mental especially with all the construction work they will have intruding on it.

Their season is over and they should have waited until the end and the construction work was finished.

They are being ran by an egotistical woman who reacts to every criticism by throwing more cash at things.

It's Romanov Mark 2 but without the "glory"

In 10 years time FoH will own the same amount if shares as they do now -nil

lapsedhibee
23-02-2017, 08:08 AM

Thought Preston was saying £200k on the radio last night?

We can settle this easily though - did we pay £190k or £690k for ours?

Liberal Hibby
23-02-2017, 08:10 AM
Imagine spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on a new pitch only to realise that it wasn't the pitch to blame all along :greengrin

Quality

hibsbollah
23-02-2017, 08:13 AM
Must be a nice trudge into work today for the Maroon hordes, soaking wet, wind nipping through the cardigan and polyester shirt ensemble, past the flags flying at half mast over the City Chambers, trying to pretend the pish stains on the slacks are rain splashes...

Be gentle at your workplaces today :aok:

greenginger
23-02-2017, 08:15 AM

Except they don't have 2 weeks. They play Ross County at the PBS next Wednesday night.

Never rains but it pours for the Jambos.

Golden Bear
23-02-2017, 08:16 AM
I was under the impression that a new grass pitch is getting laid now then after the new stand has been built a hybrid pitch will be put down.

Ozyhibby
23-02-2017, 08:18 AM
It's nice to know that between the new pitch, oshinawa, Connor sammon and Mallory Martin that this years FoH subscriptions have been tanned for zero benefit. [emoji3]

greenginger
23-02-2017, 08:26 AM
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2015-discussion/189828-relaying-pitch.html

I see relaying the pitch is an option in Football Manager computer gaming.

Must be where Mr Laptop got idea from. :greengrin

jgl07
23-02-2017, 09:16 AM
I wonder what the state of the 'new' pitch will be after the old stand is demolished?

The only way they will get the existing stand debris (timber, asbestos, corrugated iron) out is via the pitch as the new stand will be built around it. The plant used will mangle any pitch.

Then they will need to build the front portion (lower tier) of the new stand and access to that will be via the pitch.

I just don't see how the logistics of the Tynecastle development works without the team moving out for a season or playing to reduced capacity (as Hibs did while building all four stands).

tamig
23-02-2017, 10:00 AM
I was under the impression that a new grass pitch is getting laid now then after the new stand has been built a hybrid pitch will be put down.

No. Change of plan. They decided to go for a full re-lay now and reckon that should last a few years. Hybrid pitches are much more expensive and they will look into that again somewhere down the line.

ancient hibee
23-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Big fine on the way for not having a match ready pitch?