PDA

View Full Version : but but we won 5-1 though!

23-02-2017, 08:45 AM
The comfort blankets are out for the jambos desperately trying to cling onto the financial cheating glory years but penny has or is at least starting to drop for quite a lot of them. The 5-1 game, whilst it will always be a dark day in our history and a bad memory, doesn't bother me anymore. Done, over it. Their win was tainted and paid for with other people money, money they will never see again. Even last night they didn't even bother with their 5-1 songs. A few flashed the hand gestures to try make themselves feel better but inside they know that it doesn't bother us anymore.

Now that they have to live within their means like everybody else (well maybe not their Govan pals) the reality is setting in that they aren't the "big team", they aren't the big huge footballing Goliath they thought they were. They have never been the same in derbies since that day. They used to go in expecting to win, anything less was unacceptable but since 2012 they seemed to have lost that and had a sort of "awck but we won 5-1" attitude. They have hid behind it and rested on their laurels.

Since they "killed us" that day we have gone on to knock them out the SC 3 times, gone onto win it, been in 3 cup finals, been to Europe, had the highest attendances in Edinburgh including at their own stadium and had a far better derby record (they haven't beat us since 2014). I dont know about you but i love being "dead as a club" haha :thumbsup:

Jim44
23-02-2017, 09:22 AM
The comfort blankets are out for the jambos desperately trying to cling onto the financial cheating glory years but penny has or is at least starting to drop for quite a lot of them. The 5-1 game, whilst it will always be a dark day in our history and a bad memory, doesn't bother me anymore. Done, over it. Their win was tainted and paid for with other people money, money they will never see again. Even last night they didn't even bother with their 5-1 songs. A few flashed the hand gestures to try make themselves feel better but inside they know that it doesn't bother us anymore.

Now that they have to live within their means like everybody else (well maybe not their Govan pals) the reality is setting in that they aren't the "big team", they aren't the big huge footballing Goliath they thought they were. They have never been the same in derbies since that day. They used to go in expecting to win, anything less was unacceptable but since 2012 they seemed to have lost that and had a sort of "awck but we won 5-1" attitude. They have hid behind it and rested on their laurels.

Since they "killed us" that day we have gone on to knock them out the SC 3 times, gone onto win it, been in 3 cup finals, been to Europe, had the highest attendances in Edinburgh including at their own stadium and had a far better derby record (they haven't beat us since 2014). I dont know about you but i love being "dead as a club" haha :thumbsup:

What really surprises me is that on KB their total capitulation is screaming out. There's no hiding behind 5-1 or other 'past results' and big team taunting. Where is their seethe? It's all introspection about their inadequacies from top to bottom. It kind of spoils our fun. Maybe we've gone too far this time.:greengrin

FC Leige
23-02-2017, 09:28 AM
The current Hearts look like the Hibs side under Fenlon. Full of loanees and journeymen who dont give a flying ****.. At the comfort blanket final do you honestly thing Tom Soares and Mal Donachy wanted to win as much as Ian Black and Skatcel? It still rankles that a dyed in the wool Hibby like Ian Murray couldnt even get on the bench while you had these impostors in the team

23-02-2017, 09:34 AM
The current Hearts look like the Hibs side under Fenlon. Full of loanees and journeymen who dont give a flying ****.. At the comfort blanket final do you honestly thing Tom Soares and Mal Donachy wanted to win as much as Ian Black and Skatcel? It still rankles that a dyed in the wool Hibby like Ian Murray couldnt even get on the bench while you had these impostors in the team

One of the absolute worst hibs teams in recent times against a team filled with players they couldn't afford.

Just seen some roaster on facebook giving it "wouldn't swap the last few years for 5-1, we are still too big to be the wee team" :faf::faf::faf::faf:

This was a grown man as well :faf::dummytit:

Fine by me, live off 5-1 as much as you want!

Borderhibbie76
23-02-2017, 09:44 AM
Said that last night at the match...they reek of our 2012 flops...journeyman and short term loan loanees here to pick up a fast buck but just don't give a flying one. The best bit surely tho is malaury Martin is on a 3.5 year deal...oh ma sides 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Johnny Clash
23-02-2017, 10:20 AM
On the way to the game a middle aged Hearts fan was staggering down Easter Road one his own singing "we only won 5-1" ... well that's right. They couldn't for example score 6 or 7 against us!

I got over that game a few days later.

hfc rd
23-02-2017, 11:04 AM

Took the words right out of my mouth. Last night they didn't sing one song about 5-1 other than one or two clueless folk still doing their hand gestures which just got laughed at.

pacoluna
23-02-2017, 11:42 AM

screen-shotted and sent to every hearts fan I know, hope you don't mind:greengrin

High-On-Hibs
23-02-2017, 11:44 AM
They are what they cling on to....... history.

23-02-2017, 12:31 PM
screen-shotted and sent to every hearts fan I know, hope you don't mind:greengrin

Haha crack on :aok:

Baader
23-02-2017, 12:38 PM

Exactly how I see it right now. The tables have turned with the difference that we pay our bills.

Signing half a team in a transfer window (and a January one at that) in my opinion isn't something to get excited about. It's a big concern that your club has lost its way and don't really know what they're doing.

givescotlandfreedom
23-02-2017, 12:41 PM