PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings for Yam humiliation

NAE NOOKIE
23-02-2017, 05:48 AM
Before I do go on to give scores take it as read that the overall team performance was a 10 ..... I don't think I've ever seen a Hibs team do as good a job of keeping the opposition in front of them and taking their chances so clinically when they came along .... Brilliant :aok:

Marciano ..... 8 ....... Could have smoked a fag and went for a pie & Bovril in the first half, dealt well with a couple of shots and was very unlucky that his penalty save was eventually bundled over the line, distribution was good.

Gray ..... 8 ...... Cant remember him putting a foot wrong to be honest, didn't have to get forward as much because of Boyle in front of him.

McGregor ... 8 .... I can genuinely say I've seen him have tougher games in the championship, a bit unlucky to give away a penalty, I still cant see how he was offside at his goal.

Fontaine .... 9 ..... I think he was caught out a bit once, but that aside he absolutely bossed the Yams forwards with a top notch performance.

Stevenson .... 8 .... Rarely troubled and did brilliantly at one point in the first half to come across from left back and break up a Yam attack.

Bartley .... 8 ..... Same old same old from big Marv in these games, never gave the Yams a second of peace, but I didn't think he actually had to be quite as good as he was at the PBS last time around .... they must hate him.

McGinn .... 8 .... I actually thought he was a bit off it as far as his passing and ball retention went, but he worked and worked and for that alone he deserves an 8.

Humphrey ... N/A ... Unfair to score him as he was on the pitch for such a short time, he did look up for it for the wee while he was on though.

Boyle ... 8 .... If this was just scoring for work rate he would have got a 10 ... ye gods the guy chased absolutely everything, I was tired just watching him .... as it is sometimes he tried to do a bit too much on the ball when a pass or holding it up might have been a better option.

Cummings .... 8 .... That was right up there with his best performances for Hibs, ran the channels very well, scored one and made one ... hammer of the Hertz.

Holt ..... 8 ..... Ran himself to a standstill and took his goal brilliantly ... Yam defenders will be seeing him in their sleep.

SUBS:

Shinnie .... 8 ..... Probably his best game in a Hibs shirt and scored a super goal, though the Hertz keeper needs shooting for letting it in.

Graham .... 6 .... worked hard when he came on.

Fyvie .... 4 .... Just for coming on, did he get a chance to kick the ball?

Neil Lennon .... 10 .... Showed the young Yam upstart what managing a team in a derby is all about.

The fans ..... 10 ..... What an atmosphere, ensured the Yams were owned off the pitch as well as on it !!!

murray26
23-02-2017, 06:08 AM
Marciano- 8- solid keeper who you actually have faith in..
Gray- 8- lead by example.. we'll no lose to many derbys with players like this in our team
Stevenson-8- dealt with everything
McGregor 7- probably not his best ever game for us but still pass mark
Fontaine 10- My MOTM .. felt to me like he won everything that came near him.. he showed what it meant
Mcginn-7- Same as McGregor .. maybe they have set the bar to high by previous performances
Bartley 9- I'm convinced the Edinburgh derby was invented for him.. all his best displays have come against them
Shinnie 8.5- I'm hoping that was the real Shinnie and he is going to kick on now
Boyle -8- work rate and attitude spot on
Holt -9- showed his class last night.. I've been a doubter but he was superb
Cummins 9.5- Play like that every week and we do actually skoosh this league.. another one who loves to perform against them