PDA

View Full Version : Best derby I've been to

Diclonius
23-02-2017, 12:31 AM
And that includes 2-2.

I've grown up during the Romanov era and 90% of my derby memories are abject defeats where we never looked like doing anything right from the start. Tonight was the first time I actually saw us two goals up against them (let alone three), and it's confirmed for me that a hammering is definitely better than a last minute draw/win.

Let's hope this is the breaking point and we'll have the upper hand in derbies from now on.

Nakedmanoncrack
23-02-2017, 12:34 AM
And that includes 2-2.

I've grown up during the Romanov era and 90% of my derby memories are abject defeats where we never looked like doing anything right from the start. Tonight was the first time I actually saw us two goals up against them (let alone three), and it's confirmed for me that a hammering is definitely better than a last minute draw/win.

Let's hope this is the breaking point and we'll have the upper hand in derbies from now on.

Best one since 6-2.

matty_f
23-02-2017, 12:36 AM
We absolutely strolled it. Hearts are pish.

BSEJVT
23-02-2017, 12:36 AM
And that includes 2-2.

The great thing is we will continue to get better as we get the extra revenue from the SPL and the fans continue to rally behind a team that seldom lets them down in big games.

They are only going to go further down the Twilight zone that we have occupied for the last 10 years or more until recently as they need to pay for their new stand and the rest of the **** heap falling apart.

Everything they have is markedly inferior to what we have, Stadium, Training Facilities, partial Fan Ownership, Playing Squads

The next few years are going to be a great time to be a Hibs supporter.

Enjoy!

Hillsidehibby
23-02-2017, 12:39 AM
Can I just say that back when I was your age we used to give them a good old rodgering and they were quite a good laugh. Alas they got above their station with the help of someone else's money and we know how that ended.
strangely enough since then we have owned them.
I think they call that a level playing field.

Stevie Reid
23-02-2017, 12:58 AM
Great night. Was lucky enough to be at ER for 6-2 and at Tynie for the millennium derby, but tonight is another very special derby night - I haven't enjoyed as many as I would like to have done in my 39 years, so nights like tonight are all the more.

Also nice to go through a season where the only goal we conceded at Tynie was to Bonnyrigg Rose :greengrin

CMurdoch
23-02-2017, 01:58 AM
It was great tonight.
Hit the front and kept pushing forward.
The pendulum has moved to Hibs and will be with us for a good few years so long as we continue to bring in the right players.
Enjoy it whilst other big teams are paying for their stands, grounds etc.
The future is Hibs :flag:

JackLadd
23-02-2017, 02:03 AM
You need to experience being 6-1 up on them.

givescotlandfreedom
23-02-2017, 02:58 AM
All being even we are the big team in Edinburgh.

hfc rd
23-02-2017, 09:16 AM
It was great tonight.
Hit the front and kept pushing forward.
The pendulum has moved to Hibs and will be with us for a good few years so long as we continue to bring in the right players.
Enjoy it whilst other big teams are paying for their stands, grounds etc.
The future is Hibs :flag:

Agree with this. The pendulum is indeed swinging in Hibs' favour. They haven't bossed us in a Derby for God knows how long? Even in the 4 meetings against them when they were in the Championship, we were the far better side in all four of those encounters. I've grown up witnessing them always having the upper hand in this fixture and the team that wants it more than us. Since LD has come in, our players' approach, application, character, determination to win their battles and get the victory in this fixture has completely changed.

The yam are now doing their talking off the pitch as you seen the comments during the derby build up by Cowie and Goncalves about them having the better players, our surface suiting their style of play better than ours plus us being a bunch of hard men that are only just interested in kicking lumps out of the opposition. Our approach towards this fixture was great. Credit to NL and all the players. Let them do all the talking but we have the last laugh where it matters most and that is on the pitch.

FC Leige
23-02-2017, 09:19 AM
The fear factor has completely gone. Whats happening is a reverse of the 80s and early 90s We go into these games now expecting not to lose

HFCdeb
23-02-2017, 10:20 AM
Same here. I loved every minute of it. The times they are a changing.:flag:

23-02-2017, 10:27 AM
The great thing is we will continue to get better as we get the extra revenue from the SPL and the fans continue to rally behind a team that seldom lets them down in big games.

They are only going to go further down the Twilight zone that we have occupied for the last 10 years or more until recently as they need to pay for their new stand and the rest of the **** heap falling apart.

Everything they have is markedly inferior to what we have, Stadium, Training Facilities, partial Fan Ownership, Playing Squads

The next few years are going to be a great time to be a Hibs supporter.

Enjoy!

Yea but but but they won 5-1 once . . . .