PDA

View Full Version : Oor fans

Lee Marvin
22-02-2017, 11:08 PM
I'm 32. Been to nearly every big game since I was a bairn. I can't remember a better atmosphere in the home stands at ER. Ever.

I love this post-scottish cup world that we now live in.

GGTTH

murray26
22-02-2017, 11:11 PM
Totally agree.. great atmosphere inside ER tonight.. the feel good factor lives on..

The Harp Awakes
22-02-2017, 11:15 PM
I'm 32. Been to nearly every big game since I was a bairn. I can't remember a better atmosphere in the home stands at ER. Ever.

GGTTH

A massive weight has been lifted off our shoulders with the Cup win. I've seen decent attacking Hibs teams over the years, but the fight and determination of this team, particularly in the Cup games, is something special.

The fans deserve massive credit for never giving up on the Club, and I sense there are good times ahead for us.

hfc rd
23-02-2017, 12:31 AM
Atmosphere was electric! Fans were tremendous! One of the best atmospheres at ER in a very long time! Hope for more of these to come in due course.

monktonharp
23-02-2017, 12:47 AM
Twas a super atmosphere last night. no doubt about it .a group of us, being in the "corporate" part of the stadium, did contail our actions to a certain degree, but whrn that third goal went in, it was magic.

CyberSauzee
23-02-2017, 12:50 AM
Imagine the noise with a couple of the corners filled in. Or is that a different thread?

silverhibee
23-02-2017, 01:02 AM
Oor fans

:top marks

F***ing superb so we were tonight.

:flag:

NAE NOOKIE
23-02-2017, 02:21 AM
The whole stadium, well 3 sides of it anyway :greengrin was rocking from the first whistle ... the East the FF and the West were all joining in .... fantastic atmosphere :thumbsup:

:top marks................. to the team

:top marks................. to the fans

greenlex
23-02-2017, 02:43 AM
Leanne will need to write to every season ticket holder to tell them they are now in the signing section.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-02-2017, 04:03 AM
Unfortunately was stuck down south for the AeK game so lads - how did that compare?
The acoustics up at the top of sect43 was astounding for SOL.

InchHibby
23-02-2017, 05:08 AM
Best atmosphere in a long time, fans from three sections were amazing, and just for the record the fourth goal wasn't offside when the kick was taken.

half.time.draw.
23-02-2017, 05:14 AM
Aek game was better, because we had four sides of the stadium.
I sat above them in the Dunbar end, it was electric.
Last night was still exceptional.

SirDavidsNapper
23-02-2017, 05:19 AM
Is there actually a club in Scotland who have a better and louder support? Celtic on European nights yeah but other than that? Tynecastle a library and Rangers have most their songbook banned.

Enough said
23-02-2017, 05:31 AM
I actually think it was better than aek. We also have more of a range of songs as well GGTTH

murray26
23-02-2017, 05:49 AM
We don't lose to many when ER is like that👍

PompeyHibs
23-02-2017, 05:58 AM
Well done to each and every Hibby lads night... hail hail

Onion
23-02-2017, 06:16 AM
We don't lose to many when ER is like that👍

Changed days indeed. For years, a full West Stand was like a millstone for Hibs players. But this cup winning team is full of strong characters who can stand the heat and have huge self-belief - Holt, Cummings, McGinn, Sir David, Bartley, MacGregor .... and on.

Best atmosphere at ER is years :hibees

capitals_finest
23-02-2017, 06:27 AM
I think a lot of it depends on where you are sitting. I was in the West last night near the dugout. It was really decent but noise levels were so much lower than the east, for me the atmosphere was better at the AEK and the sell out game against them around New Year a few years ago but I was in the East for both of these games so unfair to compare.

My view of the game was excellent and it was great to see how passionate NL is. There was one point towards the end where they were starting to come into it a wee bit, ball went out of play and he turned to us all lifting his hands up going radge as if to say come one lets get behind the boys. Just what you want in a manager.

007 Mickey Weir
23-02-2017, 06:28 AM
Unbelievable. That was better than AEK. Never seen the West and FF bouncing and singing the whole game like that

Itsnoteasy
23-02-2017, 07:07 AM

GGTTH

So you missed or were not on the planet for AEK at Easter Road for me that probably will be hard to beat.

Itsnoteasy
23-02-2017, 07:08 AM
Unbelievable. That was better than AEK. Never seen the West and FF bouncing and singing the whole game like that

Still AEK for me but last night was magic.

Itsnoteasy
23-02-2017, 07:11 AM
Is there actually a club in Scotland who have a better and louder support? Celtic on European nights yeah but other than that? Tynecastle a library and Rangers have most their songbook banned.

I think we must have the broadest range of football songs in Scotland if not the UK, all catchy tunes & nothing to do with politics or religion.

Lee Marvin
23-02-2017, 07:20 AM
So you missed or were not on the planet for AEK at Easter Road for me that probably will be hard to beat.

I was there but was 16 or 17. Which means I was too young to really understand the gravity of it.

It was amazing. But last night sticks out as better - possibly as it was more recent but I think largely due to the acoustics in a full stadium now

Monktonhall 7
23-02-2017, 07:25 AM
I just watched a YouTube video from their end. The song was, oh when the Hearts go marching in....... oh dear!

23-02-2017, 07:25 AM
"The away end is always more noisy" was the yams line after we outsang them for 90 minutes at tynecastle.

Last night proved that that was simply yet another little yam myth. Atmosphere was outstanding last night, something they lot can only dream of in that dull, grubby tin can "stadium" of theirs.

Woke up this morning still buzzing and singing "hibs hibs woaaah hib hibs!" in my head on loop haha! :flag:

23-02-2017, 07:28 AM
I just watched a YouTube video from their end. The song was, oh when the Hearts go marching in....... oh dear!

The only times they decided to pipe up (which was very few) it was H-E-A-R-T-S and one rendition of that slow europe song they (hardly got the crowd bouncing!). They have NOTHING to wind us up about. They didn't even bother with their 5-1 chants this time as they know we no long give a **** about it anymore.

Borderhibbie76
23-02-2017, 07:31 AM
The only times they decided to pipe up (which was very few) it was H-E-A-R-T-S and one rendition of that slow europe song they (hardly got the crowd bouncing!). They have NOTHING to wind us up about. They didn't even bother with their 5-1 chants this time as they know we no long give a **** about it anymore.
Their spirit and songbook died on 21 st May 2016 and is gonna take a hell of a long time to recover and they know it. We are dominating them from the league below it's just f##kin hilarious it really is.

Good things come to those who wait right enough...I grew up with 22 in a row - this is sooooo sweet

As for our fans absolutely tremendous 👏👏👏

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
23-02-2017, 07:38 AM
I was there but was 16 or 17. Which means I was too young to really understand the gravity of it.

It was amazing. But last night sticks out as better - possibly as it was more recent but I think largely due to the acoustics in a full stadium now

You appreciate things more as you get older.

calumhibee1
23-02-2017, 07:41 AM

I don't even know what the Europe song is but the fact they have a song about Europe is hilarious in itself. Suppose they probably reckon they have a special relationship with European football or something along those lines.

hibee316
23-02-2017, 08:09 AM

Nope, I think last night was equally good, probably better. Could hardly talk to the folk near me as it was so loud at points. Also, I'm near the back of the west and you could hear cheers from around the stadium bouncing back of the back of the stand. Brilliant!