PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get This League Won Now

Dashing Bob S
22-02-2017, 10:19 PM
So we can look forward to owning them at least four times a season.

They just do not do level playing fields.

GreenCastle
22-02-2017, 10:55 PM
Key is to wrap league up early so we can focus on cup.

Hopefully tonight gives players and club a massive boost plus financial gain of another game and possibly a Hampden visit for semi final / final.

Sas_The_Hibby
22-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Actually I'm quite enjoying just staying in the Championship and knocking them out of the cup every year :greengrin

Hillsidehibby
22-02-2017, 11:04 PM
I wish you were my mate Bob

GreenCastle
22-02-2017, 11:07 PM
Actually I'm quite enjoying just staying in the Championship and knocking them out of the cup every year :greengrin

The reality is the top league is pish and no one bar Celtic will win it anytime soon. It's not everything it's made out to be but we should be up there challenging for 2nd and 3rd with our backing and players we have.

Jim44
22-02-2017, 11:07 PM
Let's Get This League Won Now

Yes, please.

The ball's totally in our court if Lennon can get the message through to tonight's heroes.

We can still enjoy what the Scottish Cup brings our way.

ChicagoHibee
22-02-2017, 11:11 PM
I just want to see Hibs in FIFA 18.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-02-2017, 11:12 PM

They have been fortunate, have we had not dragged our heels this 7 game unbeaten run would have been more.

calumhibee1
22-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Agreed. Let's get the league wrapped up, see off Ayr in the next round and then we can really enjoy whatever comes our way in the Scottish. We're not giving this cup up without a fight that's for sure.

SteveHFC
22-02-2017, 11:46 PM
Agreed. Let's get the league wrapped up, see off Ayr in the next round and then we can really enjoy whatever comes our way in the Scottish. We're not giving this cup up without a fight that's for sure.
:aok:

hfc rd
23-02-2017, 12:44 AM

👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

southern hibby
23-02-2017, 05:56 AM
Not sure why but for some reason I'm thinking we'll get a semi against Patrick Thistle. Obviously have to get passed Ayr first.

GGTTH

heretoday
23-02-2017, 06:00 AM
The reality is the top league is pish and no one bar Celtic will win it anytime soon. It's not everything it's made out to be but we should be up there challenging for 2nd and 3rd with our backing and players we have.

We are as good as Aberdeen on this form. It will be a boost for Scottish football when we return. It's absurd we're not there.

NAE NOOKIE
23-02-2017, 06:56 AM
The league is still a million times more important than the cup ..... we simply must carry last night's performance into the Dunfermline game on Saturday ... the players put so much into the Hertz game I'm sure some of them, especially Holt and Boyle, who must have run about 30 miles, will still be feeling it come the weekend but all they need to think of is the prize to be won and it will carry them through I'm sure.

As for the cup ........ I would have been absolutely gutted if we had lost our grip on it to the Yams, now that is no longer a factor and we wont have to face their self satisfied gloating* I'm happy for us to look at it as a 'free shot' from now on and not risk any players carrying slight injuries in a cup game if it risks them missing vital league games.

* ...... In fact for the second season running we have stuffed their season before the end of February and that is very very PLEASING !!! :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
23-02-2017, 07:35 AM
Desperate to get up but your right...it'd so funny owning them from the league below 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

pacoluna
23-02-2017, 07:52 AM
The league is still a million times more important than the cup ..... we simply must carry last night's performance into the Dunfermline game on Saturday ... the players put so much into the Hertz game I'm sure some of them, especially Holt and Boyle, who must have run about 30 miles, will still be feeling it come the weekend but all they need to think of is the prize to be won and it will carry them through I'm sure.

As for the cup ........ I would have been absolutely gutted if we had lost our grip on it to the Yams, now that is no longer a factor and we wont have to face their self satisfied gloating* I'm happy for us to look at it as a 'free shot' from now on and not risk any players carrying slight injuries in a cup game if it risks them missing vital league games.

* ...... In fact for the second season running we have stuffed their season before the end of February and that is very very PLEASING !!! :greengrin
what bollocks, quarter final of the scottish cup... why are we not going to take any risks!!!! I don't get these continued drab non ambitious posts. sooner people realise this squad are going up this season the better and no i'm not getting carried away. Last season we used the cup run as an excuse for not gaining promotion which was absolute nonsense, we should stop using last years failure to go up as an excuse not to be ambitious!

NZ Green
23-02-2017, 08:03 AM
Ayr have been a bit of thorn in our side since being in the Championship, obviously if the players played like they did last night it's in the bag, but as we know performance is never guaranteed.
I'm just glad we didnt lose it to Hearts and we put them out in style. Not going to be too disappointed from here on out in the Scottish Cup to be honest. All about promotion now.

FC Leige
23-02-2017, 08:16 AM
This league is starting to feel like a dose of the flu you cant shake off. Lets get it over and done with once and for all. I want to be able to relax by the end of March

NAE NOOKIE
23-02-2017, 08:24 AM
what bollocks, quarter final of the scottish cup... why are we not going to take any risks!!!! I don't get these continued drab non ambitious posts. sooner people realise this squad are going up this season the better and no i'm not getting carried away. Last season we used the cup run as an excuse for not gaining promotion which was absolute nonsense, we should stop using last years failure to go up as an excuse not to be ambitious!

If this was our first season in the championship I would agree with you .... in fact even now I know what you are saying. But the cold hard reality here is that the ramifications of failure to go up this season are too awful to contemplate.

Far from being a lack of ambition this is about long term ambition ...... is anybody going to pretend that its not going to take a minor miracle for anybody to stop Celtic winning the treble .. I'm not saying its impossible, but it is highly unlikely. I don't think its worth the risk, no matter how small, to put a vital player to our league campaign in harms way in order to try and retain the cup.

No amount of cup wins this season will make up for the disaster another year in the championship would be to the club .... from that standpoint no risk, no matter how small, is worth taking.

You may be certain that Hibs are going up ....... I am too long in the tooth to take anything for granted when it comes to Hibs and I will start celebrating the second the league table shows we cant be caught and not before. Our last two league matches have hardly been roaring successes and its only due to a loss of form by Dundee Utd that we are 7 points ahead. That says to me that its not a done deal yet and until it is all that matters is the league.

hibsbollah
23-02-2017, 08:28 AM
If this was our first season in the championship I would agree with you .... in fact even now I know what you are saying. But the cold hard reality here is that the ramifications of failure to go up this season are too awful to contemplate.

Far from being a lack of ambition this is about long term ambition ...... is anybody going to pretend that its not going to take a minor miracle for anybody to stop Celtic winning the treble .. I'm not saying its impossible, but it is highly unlikely. I don't think its worth the risk, no matter how small, to put a vital player to our league campaign in harms way in order to try and retain the cup.

No amount of cup wins this season will make up for the disaster another year in the championship would be to the club .... from that standpoint no risk, no matter how small, is worth taking.

You may be certain that Hibs are going up ....... I am too long in the tooth to take anything for granted when it comes to Hibs and I will start celebrating the second the league table shows we cant be caught and not before. Our last two league matches have hardly been roaring successes and its only due to a loss of form by Dundee Utd that we are 7 points ahead. That says to me that its not a done deal yet and until it is all that matters is the league.

We're the Cup holders. The day we put out a weakened team for the latter stages of the Scottish Cup so we can save our best players for Ayr and QOS. We're seven points clear... :confused:

Best squad in the division by a mile. Let's win everything.

jodjam
23-02-2017, 08:33 AM
It may not be fair to folk that have bought tickets already for Saturday but I would drop the price to £10 for adults and free to under 16'. Fill the ground as much as we can apart from segregation. Roar the team home again and other results dependent take a massive step to winning this league.

hibsbollah
23-02-2017, 08:36 AM
It may not be fair to folk that have bought tickets already for Saturday but I would drop the price to £10 for adults and free to under 16'. Fill the ground as much as we can apart from segregation. Roar the team home again and other results dependent take a massive step to winning this league.

There should be a very decent attendance anyway, the club have a responsibility to maximise revenue when demand is high.

jodjam
23-02-2017, 09:54 AM
There should be a very decent attendance anyway, the club have a responsibility to maximise revenue when demand is high.

I agree but guessing most people who are going have their tickets. This will hopefully get along a few more who wouldn't have gone. Get them hooked. Get them back. Could be a very special season

Pretty Boy
23-02-2017, 10:05 AM

3 times. They'll struggle to make top 6 regularly on recent evidence.

Jim44
23-02-2017, 10:10 AM

By the look of their midden, they don't do playing playing fields. Full stop. :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
23-02-2017, 10:23 AM
Let's Get This League Won Now

Yes, please.

The ball's totally in our court if Lennon can get the message through to tonight's heroes.

We can still enjoy what the Scottish Cup brings our way.

Lennon's message is chrystal clear, the players just need to maintain the standard they rose to last night.

emerald green
23-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Now that the derby cup tie has been won in such an emphatic manner, it's time for the Hibs players to consistently produce the same high level performances in our league matches until the Championship is well and truly wrapped up.

CockneyRebel
23-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Not sure why but for some reason I'm thinking we'll get a semi against Patrick Thistle. Obviously have to get passed Ayr first.

GGTTH

I've never had a semi watching Partick Thistle.

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2017, 05:18 PM
I'm just getting a bit dissatisfied only owning them twice a season, and by the grace of the cup draw.