PDA

View Full Version : Andy Shinnie

Unseen work
22-02-2017, 08:58 PM
Take a bow.

Gets alot of stick and never started tonight.

Came on tonight, took chances, brilliant assist and a good brave goal.

21sMay
22-02-2017, 08:58 PM
Very true, this guy plays football

makaveli1875
22-02-2017, 09:07 PM
shinnie gets alot of stick on here and from the boo boys , some of it way over the top . theres a player in there just hope he can find that form more often

My_Wife_Camille
22-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Best player to pull on the green and white since John Collins

great stuff tonight 👏🏼👏🏼

MWHIBBIES
22-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Spineless and gutless I read on here. Absolute class more like.

LaMotta
22-02-2017, 09:20 PM
Best player to pull on the green and white since John Collins

great stuff tonight 👏🏼👏🏼

***n brilliant tonight

My_Wife_Camille
22-02-2017, 09:26 PM
Spineless and gutless I read on here. Absolute class more like.
Always rated him.

gogsy23
22-02-2017, 09:28 PM
Superb tonight. Different class

noz
22-02-2017, 09:31 PM
greatt assist and goal, didnt quite see that chance he had early in 2nd half , set up by McGinn, anybody get a good view of it in the FFS? He seems to miss the easy ones and score the difficult chances!

Valencia
22-02-2017, 09:43 PM
Brilliant always make himself available

Ozyhibby
22-02-2017, 09:46 PM
I've been one of his biggest critics but he was excellent tonight. Hopefully a massive turning point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
22-02-2017, 09:46 PM
Another who stepped up tonight, best game from him since he came, not everything came off but wasn't afraid to get stuck in and was always available, good goal too.

WhileTheChief..
22-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Good to see him being appreciated for once. I'd have made him MotM if Holt hadn't been so damn good.

Hibs Class
22-02-2017, 09:50 PM
Excellent game, did really well.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-02-2017, 09:51 PM
Best performance so far. Shaky start taking a bit too long on the ball, which has been the main criticism, but he responded suberbly and looked like the player we all thought we were getting. Great game.

BSEJVT
22-02-2017, 09:53 PM
I've been one of his biggest critics but he was excellent tonight. Hopefully a massive turning point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto

That's the player I hoped we had signed

Well done Andrew Shinnie

Baw187
22-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Great performance tonight from Shinnie.

stantonhibby
22-02-2017, 10:01 PM
Ditto

Well done Andrew Shinnie

So not a ' gutless imposter' then ?

hibsmad
22-02-2017, 10:07 PM
My MOTM today.

When Humphrey had to go off I was genuinely worried as we had clearly set out with two wide players and the injury could have really disrupted our plans. When Shinnie came on, I thought right we really need a shift from you today.

He delivered big time!

eastcoasthibby
22-02-2017, 10:08 PM
Really glad he put a shift and performance in like that tonight , now needs to back it up with others and earn himself a contract with us ! Never doubted his ability and tonight he put it all together ...well done Andy Shinnie ...

DaveF
22-02-2017, 10:09 PM
He was excellent as was Holt. 2 guys who have taken plenty of stick, but who deserve enormous credit for their efforts tonight.

Argylehibby
22-02-2017, 10:18 PM
He was excellent as was Holt. 2 guys who have taken plenty of stick, but who deserve enormous credit for their efforts tonight.

:agree:spot on Dave. Plenty of contenders for MOM tonight and those guys were two of the best ones.

Hibee Mac
22-02-2017, 10:20 PM
Superb tonight! What a goal as well, he's definitely won over a few folk tonight.

Play like that every game and he'll be star in no time!

EDIT: just saw the highlights and his goal wasn't quite as spectacular as id initially thought, still get in there.

Azz1875
22-02-2017, 10:28 PM
Played great tonight, took his chance when he came on, playing out of position aswell. Gives Lennon something to ponder for Saturday.

jacomo
22-02-2017, 10:29 PM
My MOTM today.

When Humphrey had to go off I was genuinely worried as we had clearly set out with two wide players and the injury could have really disrupted our plans. When Shinnie came on, I thought right we really need a shift from you today.

He delivered big time!

Very tricky to come into a derby in those circumstances I'd have thought.

We just need more goals / assists from him and Grant. I think most can see what they bring to the team.

BSEJVT
22-02-2017, 10:29 PM
So not a ' gutless imposter' then ?

Not tonight no, he did very well and I am happy to acknowledge that and did so before your "insight"

If you want to play trawl back through old posts crash on

I would rather celebrate a job well done

I am sure if you look back long enough you might find I was less than complementary about Pat Stanton once

I will look forward to you bringing that to my attention at some future point

Alternatively try getting a life

The Spaceman
22-02-2017, 10:31 PM
Happy for Shinnie. When people saw him coming out of his warm up to come on for Humpherys you could sense a degree of apathy...but he really turned up tonight, was fighting for the ball, got an assist and a good goal. Guy is a player, just needs the confidence and hopefully today will give him it!

My_Wife_Camille
22-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Ditto

Well done Andrew ShinnieExactly. That's the type of performance I want to see from him. If he does more of that between now and the end of the season I'll be absolutely delighted. Mon the Shinnie!

Not In The Know
22-02-2017, 10:35 PM
Motm looked a class above anyone on the pitch.

22-02-2017, 10:36 PM
He won me over. Scored a great goal, but it was the fact he got really stuck in to them from the second he came on that done it.

That's what you need in games like that and I didn't see it coming from him. I was proved wrong.

stantonhibby
22-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Not tonight no, he did very well and I am happy to acknowledge that and did so before your "insight"

I am sure if you look back long enough you might find I was less than complementary about Pat Stanton once

To be honest I've always thought you were one of the better posters on here...However that was comment was pretty disgraceful which is why I called you out on it.

No need for the personal abuse.

RMQ1967
22-02-2017, 10:44 PM

He's a very very talented boy. Doesn't turn it on often enough or maybe he doesn't get time & space against very compact defenses - I hope we can hold onto him as I'm sure he'll be much more effective in more in the SPL.

I don't care enough to look back at anyone's previous but from what I remember you normally post pretty level headed stuff - recently you seem to be having a fair old pop at everyone - relax & enjoy what should be a good year :flag:

Stokesy's on fire
22-02-2017, 10:54 PM
He was classy tonight and showed some strength very good performance a wonderful assist and a brilliant goal! Well played

The Harp Awakes
22-02-2017, 10:59 PM
Well done tonight Andy. Brilliant performance and goal. Keep it up son.

JackLadd
22-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Was that the real Shinnie? Want to see more.

BSEJVT
22-02-2017, 11:02 PM
To be honest I've always thought you were one of the better posters on here...However that was comment was pretty disgraceful which is why I called you out on it.

No need for the personal abuse.

You are absolutely correct on both counts, my apologies

Just seemed a bit strange to bring it up after I had complemented the guy on a night like this but heigh ho its obviously rankled you?

Andrew Shinnie just really frustrates me (not tonight)

He looks like he could be capable of great things but has struggled to impose himself on games as well as he should and some time looks really powder puff / disinterested

I hate seeing people waste their talent and don't have a great deal of sympathy for those that do

Regardless he doesn't deserve that level of abuse, mea culpa to you both

hibee_girl
22-02-2017, 11:04 PM
By far his best performance for us. I've not been a fan but he might just have won me over tonight

BSEJVT
22-02-2017, 11:05 PM
He's a very very talented boy. Doesn't turn it on often enough or maybe he doesn't get time & space against very compact defenses - I hope we can hold onto him as I'm sure he'll be much more effective in more in the SPL.

I don't care enough to look back at anyone's previous but from what I remember you normally post pretty level headed stuff - recently you seem to be having a fair old pop at everyone - relax & enjoy what should be a good year :flag:

You are correct

A few things going on at the moment and I am on a far shorter fuse than normal or is good for me

Apologies to all

Must try harder

stantonhibby
22-02-2017, 11:06 PM
You are absolutely correct on both counts, my apologies

Just seemed a bit strange to bring it up after I had complemented the guy on a night like this but heigh ho its obviously rankled you?

Andrew Shinnie just really frustrates me (not tonight)

He looks like he could be capable of great things but has struggled to impose himself on games as well as he should and some time looks really powder puff / disinterested

I hate seeing people waste their talent and don't have a great deal of sympathy for those that do

Regardless he doesn't deserve that level of abuse, mea culpa to you both

Fair do's...... Fwiw I agree he has had too many poor games.

Anyhoo.......Onwards and upwards......Enjoy your evening......Hibs for the cup!

SlickShoes
22-02-2017, 11:07 PM
Shinnie is a good footballer, he just seems to be shoved off the ball or lose control of the ball sometimes at really unfortunate times, if he could cut that out he'd be fantastic.

BSEJVT
22-02-2017, 11:09 PM
Fair do's...... Fwiw I agree he has had too many poor games.

Anyhoo.......Onwards and upwards......Enjoy your evening......Hibs for the cup!

Thanks, you too

I though the team were fantastic tonight and the score flattered them big time

HFCdeb
22-02-2017, 11:10 PM
Been defending him for months and I'm absolutely delighted he got to ram it up the boo boys tonight. He was my MOTM.

SteveHFC
22-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Was that the real Shinnie? Want to see more.
:agree:

His best game for us since joining.

CMurdoch
22-02-2017, 11:58 PM
Shinnie coming on for Humphrey was the turning point.
I was delighted when he came on.
I think Humphrey would have been poor and might have cost us.
That is probably unfair on Humphrey and is just my opinion.
Well done Shinnie and Holt, both got the roll of the ball tonight getting 2 goals and an assist.
The team were all fantastic tonight and never looked anything but winners.

hfc rd
23-02-2017, 12:50 AM
By far his best performance for us. I've not been a fan but he might just have won me over tonight

Agree with this. If these are the sort of performances he is capable of putting in then that will do me!

Played really well tonight as if he had a point to prove. Delighted for him when he scored!

Borderhibbie76
23-02-2017, 07:44 AM
Well done Shinnie and Holt, both got the roll of the ball tonight getting 2 goals and an assist.
Replace one player for another with boo boys why don't u?? Don't know what u Base this on given Humphrey played for a minute but hey ho.

Anyway outstanding from.shinnie and interesting Holt commented on the stick they have been getting in his interview....see it does filter thru to our players...some fans really need to cut out the abuse of our players.

Let's enjoy what was a great night and learn to be a bit more patient with some of our players please

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

TRC
23-02-2017, 07:48 AM
Have to admit when he came on I did think to my self does he have the fight in him for this game. Thought he was great though from what i could see from highlights and periscope yestersday

mentalhibee
23-02-2017, 08:01 AM
Shinnie was outstanding, that type of open game suited him!

Brooster
23-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Superb performance from Shinnie last night. He can split a defence wide open with these passes, excellent.

J-C
23-02-2017, 09:47 AM

What a ridiculous statement, the lad had 3 touches his final one was a cracking cross into the box after skinning their left back, I hope his injury isn't a bad one and it's just a twisted ankle.

emerald green
23-02-2017, 10:36 AM
If only Andrew Shinnie could get the level of consistency of performance into his game. That could of course be said about some other Hibs players.

Shinnie's defence splitting pass leading to the first all important goal was superb. Perfectly angled and weighted pass.

One particular poster who has called Shinnie "gutless" remains conspicuous by his/her absence I note.

My_Wife_Camille
24-02-2017, 09:51 AM
If only Andrew Shinnie could get the level of consistency of performance into his game. That could of course be said about some other Hibs players.

Shinnie's defence splitting pass leading to the first all important goal was superb. Perfectly angled and weighted pass.

One particular poster who has called Shinnie "gutless" remains conspicuous by his/her absence I note.
That's because he got banned

Hibs1969
24-02-2017, 10:00 AM
Wednesday was Shinnie's best performance in a Hibs shirt by a distance. He looked a class act from the moment he came on. Like many of our players he seems to have the ability to lift his game against top level opposition but struggles against the teams from the lower reaches of the Championship just when we would expect him (and others) to flourish. Call me greedy but I want more performances like that between now and the end of the season.

Mathias Jack
24-02-2017, 10:02 AM
I've bored myself saying this to my mates since we signed him, Shinnie played at his best for Inverness when he's on the left and cuts in. Which is exactly what he did for his goal on Wednesday.

Best performance from him in a Hibs shirt, hopefully that'll give him confidence to push on for the rest of the season.

Take a bow Shinniesta!

KWJ
24-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Great game from him, and everyone else.

The more I see of his chance in the first half the more I think it may have actually taken a deflection over rather than he missed a sitter.

Albanian Hibs
24-02-2017, 10:10 AM
When he scored I actually turned around to the Shinnie haters behind me and gave it a big GIRUY. Hopefully they pipe down from now on.

B.H.F.C
24-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Think he's been dire at times but I do think he's a better player than what he's shown for us.

His performance the other night was what we've missed, a threat from midfield. More of that and people's opinion will change.

we are hibs
24-02-2017, 10:19 AM
When he scored I actually turned around to the Shinnie haters behind me and gave it a big GIRUY. Hopefully they pipe down from now on.

One performance doesn't make him a messiah. Let's see if he follows it up tomorrow night. Hopefully he does. Wednesday was by far his best performance. let's hope it continues but he has to turn in performances like that more often, starting tomorrow.

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2017, 10:27 AM
Shinnie was better away at Dunfermline and at home to Morton than he was on Wednesday. He has been very good in quite a few games this season.

hibbysam
24-02-2017, 11:11 AM
Great game from him, and everyone else.

The more I see of his chance in the first half the more I think it may have actually taken a deflection over rather than he missed a sitter.

It certainly did, the loop on the ball as it went over showed that. The lad could easily have had a hat trick.

B.H.F.C
24-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Shinnie was better away at Dunfermline and at home to Morton than he was on Wednesday. He has been very good in quite a few games this season.

But not consistent whatsoever which has been his problem. The two games you singled out were in August and October and there hasn't been an awful lot of 'very good' performances from him since then.

FWIW I thought he was miles better on Wednesday than any other game he's played when you take in to account the occasion, magnitude of the game etc.

Albanian Hibs
24-02-2017, 12:25 PM
One performance doesn't make him a messiah. Let's see if he follows it up tomorrow night. Hopefully he does. Wednesday was by far his best performance. let's hope it continues but he has to turn in performances like that more often, starting tomorrow.

Didn't say he was the messiah. Just sick of all the abuse he has been getting.

we are hibs
25-02-2017, 11:21 AM
Didn't say he was the messiah. Just sick of all the abuse he has been getting.

Most of which has been merited