PDA

View Full Version : Neil lennon

rotherhamrob
22-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Hats off to the manager,totally schooled the schoolboy over both games,hugely impressed tonight.

Joe6-2
22-02-2017, 09:50 PM
Hats off to the manager,totally schooled the schoolboy over both games,hugely impressed tonight.

Yes, well done Neil, and the boys!

OxoHibby
22-02-2017, 09:51 PM

This

Captain Trips
22-02-2017, 09:52 PM

Above all lessons on man management after Raith game, Lennon you played a blinder this week.

21sMay
22-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Does Neil Lose games?? Remember these kind of games when we win by 1 against the poor teams, this guy's here for results and he gets them

SirDavidsNapper

Correct. And no heart monitors required

Hi Heid Yin
If you are looking for inspiration from the touchlines, Lennon is the man.
I wonder what the Hearts players think when they look over to their touch-line and see 'Kid Cathro - Kid Computer Cathro'

makaveli1875
22-02-2017, 09:55 PM
lennon is unbeaten in derbys , long may it continue . He's in his element in games like this

Captain Trips
22-02-2017, 09:57 PM
If you are looking for inspiration from the touchlines, Lennon is the man.
I wonder what the Hearts players think when they look over to their touch-line and see 'Kid Cathro - Kid Computer Cathro'

Lennon is an end of level boss for Cathro, Cathro had no weapons and he had no men left. New one torn.

Canon Hannan
22-02-2017, 09:58 PM

Thank you Lenny.
Top top manager and privileged to have you as Hibernian manager. A gentleman and scholar 🙏
Where is Sir David of Gray (Gail) now? 😂💚☘

Hi Heid Yin
22-02-2017, 09:59 PM
That hopefully will be a few more of our anti-Lennon brigade on-board.
Neil wants nothing more than to see the whole Hibs support behind his team.
This season is threatening to be a memorable one (again) and tonight's result was major! It ended Hearts season again! and ratcheted up the excitement for us in the process.

neil7908
22-02-2017, 10:00 PM
Lennon was a winner as a player and continues to be as a manager, simple as that

Stanton
22-02-2017, 10:03 PM
That hopefully will be a few more of our anti-Lennon brigade on-board.
Neil, wants nothing more than to see the whole Hibs support behind his team.
This season is threatening to be a memorable one (again) and tonight's result was major! It ended Hearts season again! and ratcheted up the excitement for us in the process.
A lot of the Anti Lennon stuff is purely related to having hated him and been overly critical of him at Celtic and now being reluctant to acknowledge the harshness or wrongs of the orevious criticisms imo....he was the victim of sectarianism but was tarred as being " part of "

Bristolhibby
22-02-2017, 10:03 PM
Now let's have some of that on Saturday again please.

Same intensity, same result, and get this league sewn up.

J

21sMay
22-02-2017, 10:05 PM
Great mind games with the criticism of players on Saturday

Just Jimmy
22-02-2017, 10:05 PM
His attitude just before full time getting the crowd up was class. He cares. He's winning (won) me over big time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

houstonhibbee
22-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Thank you Lenny.
Top top manager and privileged to have you as Hibernian manager. A gentleman and scholar 🙏
Wow, Hibs win and your bitter?????

et_hibby
22-02-2017, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=Canon Hannan;4952960]Thank you Lenny.

Agree!!

Bostonhibby
22-02-2017, 10:09 PM
Neil is a winner. He won all the battles associated with this particular tie. We outplayed out thought and out fought them on both surfaces. No lap top or techno babble required.

Scorrie
22-02-2017, 10:10 PM
We are lucky to have Lennon as manager. We have needed a manager like him for ages. I am looking forward to Lennon managing us in the premiership next season. Could be something special

Canon Hannan
22-02-2017, 10:11 PM
Wow, Hibs win and your bitter?????

Bitter hahahaha
Delighted.
Only bitterness is Gail who hates our manager.

Jones28
22-02-2017, 10:13 PM
He's played a blinder. The guy isn't stupid and he's produced a reaction that has got us a terrific result - and ended their season again.

Northernhibee
22-02-2017, 10:13 PM
Well done to him and the team. If we show the same spirit and endeavour in the remaining fixtures we're going up.

et_hibby
22-02-2017, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=Canon Hannan;4952960]Thank you Lenny.

Agree!!

22-02-2017, 10:30 PM
Lennon = experienced manager who is a proven winner.

Cathro = a guy who's made his name coaching kids and being able to work a laptop.

Can't wait to see Cathro splutter his way through this postmatch interview.

pacoluna
22-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Well done to him and the team. If we show the same spirit and endeavour in the remaining fixtures we're going up.

It was never in doubt

Mibbes Aye
22-02-2017, 10:37 PM
His attitude just before full time getting the crowd up was class. He cares. He's winning (won) me over big time.

That was great. As we closed out the game it was noticeable as well that he was right out on the touchline clapping every tackle made, every foul won.

Good celebration with the players at the end too, especially with Lewis.

Humo
22-02-2017, 10:39 PM
End of the game when sunshine on leith was playing he was beating his chest and the hibs badge with pride. Think he's really starting to properly get us

Unseen work
22-02-2017, 10:41 PM
As long as this continues on Saturday.

ACLeith
22-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Thank you Lenny.

Still trying to identify all the mistakes Paul Hanlon made tonight 🤑

jacomo
22-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Balls of titanium to go with that formation tonight.

The only way it would work is if we had more desire and belief than them. And we did.

Great performance by the manager. He loves it.

Tyler Durden
22-02-2017, 10:45 PM
Hats off to Lennon, has annoyed me at times but has delivered with every major test so far.

Derbies are huge and its brilliant that we have realised that in the last few seasons and delivered the fight and quality to win these games

ACLeith
22-02-2017, 10:45 PM
His game plan was screwed after 2 minutes but switched MB over to exploit their bombscare left back and rejigged the midfield. Called experience and class

WhileTheChief..
22-02-2017, 10:46 PM
Genius from Lennon again tonight. That's both games he got everything 100% correct.

Got to appreciate him whilst he's here and I hope he stays a long long time. Love the guy, he gets our club totally and talks so much sense.

Some folk on here need to start listening to what he says, they could learn a lot.

Mediocre?? Lol.

JDT
22-02-2017, 10:50 PM
Anybody got footage of him after the game? Seemed to be loving SOL going by the pictures? We've got a cracking manager in Lennon, I hope the board realise that and back him up with a decent budget because I truely feel we're on to something special here!

el hibs
22-02-2017, 10:56 PM
Loved his enthusiasm for singing Sunshine on Leith at the end. Delight to see him singing away among so many Hibs legends.

Lago
22-02-2017, 11:00 PM
Lets hope that puts an end to the unnecessary criticism he has received from a numbercof hibs fans.

wookie70
22-02-2017, 11:05 PM
Very brave selection tonight with the two wingers. Made the right move swapping Boyle and bringing on Shinnie. The players were well up for the fight as we have come to expect and Lennon must take a lot of praise for tonight. Keep it going for a couple of months and hopefully we will win the league well and have another game at Hampden to look forward too.

Ozyhibby
22-02-2017, 11:09 PM
Clear tactic to target the left back tonight and it worked an absolute treat.
Well done Lenny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
22-02-2017, 11:16 PM
Their left back was the worst of an utterly woeful defence.

Their goalie looked shaky right from the start, defence was crap, offered nothing in the middle and didn't threaten us at all.

Can't wait to get up and play them more regularly again.

Zemamma10
22-02-2017, 11:16 PM
Jambos know he's a miles better boss than Cathro and it hurts them badly. Completely called their bluff with starting XI and deserves huge credit for selections in both games.

California-Hibs
22-02-2017, 11:22 PM
Great mind games with the criticism of players on Saturday

Yep, he knew exactly what he was doing! Well done Lenny!

Hi Heid Yin
22-02-2017, 11:28 PM
A lot of the Anti Lennon stuff is purely related to having hated him and been overly critical of him at Celtic and now being reluctant to acknowledge the harshness or wrongs of the orevious criticisms imo....he was the victim of sectarianism but was tarred as being " part of "

I respect (to a degree) everyone's right to have an opinion and viewpoint. I personally see a very brave man coming back up to a hostile football world. I can't help but admire Neil lennon for this alone. The guy is an out and out winner and demands professionalism and commitment from his players, irrespective of the level of opposition. Tonight demonstrated why he blew his fuse at the weekend. The same players (mostly) playing with a desire and intensity because they were fired up. Lennon wants leaders on the park firing up team-mates against your Raith Rovers and Ayr United's, not just against your Hearts.

WhileTheChief..
22-02-2017, 11:34 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads

Podcast of post match reaction, interviews etc.

The Harp Awakes
22-02-2017, 11:39 PM
End of the game when sunshine on leith was playing he was beating his chest and the hibs badge with pride. Think he's really starting to properly get us

Yes saw that. He was very emotional at the end of the game. Great to see. We've got a really good Manager and great to have him at Easter Road. Happy days.

ancient hibee
22-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Forced to rethink after a minute and did exactly the right thing.

Nutmegged
23-02-2017, 12:06 AM
Neil Lennon deserves massive credit for tonight, he played a blinder, his rant at the weekend was more about tonight than an off day against Raith Rovers, he knew what he wanted from his players against Hearts and he set about doing that as soon as the game was over on Saturday.

It was great to see him enjoy Sunshine on Leith after the game, it's a real club anthem and it bonds and unites people, I hope he's our manager for a long time and I hope the fans continue to back us, it's been unreal going to Easter Road this season and seeing these huge crowds, tonight with 20,205 was just increidble.

hfc rd
23-02-2017, 01:11 AM
I said a couple of months ago, I'm very happy to have Neil Lennon as the Hibs manager. Really think we are on a path towards success with him, Dempster & Craig.

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2017, 01:19 AM
"Twas a fine contest, young Cathro."

JackLadd
23-02-2017, 01:27 AM
Watching the game today I think we've progressed from the same fixture last year. Hertz have added players they claimed were quality from that game a year back, and demolished the Huns, but they were never ever in this derby. Lennon must take credit.

California-Hibs
23-02-2017, 01:29 AM
I read a comment from someone on here last week saying he was 'out his depth' 😂

Dunbar Hibee
23-02-2017, 01:33 AM
I read a comment from someone on here last week saying he was 'out his depth' 😂

This isn't a time to have a pop at fellow Hibees. Let's enjoy this.

JimBHibees
23-02-2017, 07:51 AM
Must take huge credit, night and day from Cathro. Bossed both games and should have won by more. Really like him, intelligent and speaks well and an absolute winner. Well done Neil. :flag:

Pete
23-02-2017, 07:54 AM
Love him and his attitude.

He needs a song or two.

JimBHibees
23-02-2017, 03:18 PM
Definitely needs a song. Got to take huge credit for both derby performances and also the United game where we torched them. Next 2 league games are different beasts though and need to be better in these games also. Fantastic night to be a Hibs fan last night.

Lago
23-02-2017, 04:28 PM
This isn't a time to have a pop at fellow Hibees. Let's enjoy this.
Plenty fellow hibees having a pop at NL & other hibees after Sat game, very quiet now.

HFCdeb
23-02-2017, 04:32 PM
Love him. Want him to stay. Want him to succeed 💚

Spike Mandela
23-02-2017, 05:24 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads

Podcast of post match reaction, interviews etc.

:aok:Cheers for posting, a great listen and unlike other Jambos at least Preston gave Hibs all the credit they deserved.

CathroMustStay
23-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Love him. Want him to stay. Want him to succeed 💚

Spot on. Neil Lennon's green and white army! :flag:

Hibi
23-02-2017, 08:17 PM
Spot on. Neil Lennon's green and white army! :flag:

I agree. He's had a hard job following on from a manager who the support had really taken to. But he has went about things his own way, not necessarily pandering to fans to try and win us round. But over the past two weeks I've been really impressed with everything he has said and done. A real winner and it appeared to me last night he's beginning to feel more and more attached to us. I feel the need to show him some appreciation 🇳🇬🏆

JackLadd
23-02-2017, 08:24 PM
The only mediocrity I saw were wearing maroon.

Canon Hannan
23-02-2017, 09:54 PM
Still trying to identify all the mistakes Paul Hanlon made tonight 🤑

😂😂😂hahahaha
Gail is gutted.

Winston Ingram
23-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Lennon was a winner as a player and continues to be as a manager, simple as that

This.

O'Rourke3
23-02-2017, 11:29 PM
Love him and his attitude.

He needs a song or two.

Beatles She loves you
Neil Lennon, yeah yeah yeah
Neil Lennon, yeah yeah yeah...

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2017, 11:48 PM
If you're wondering where Gail is, she's currently getting monstered by Sir David of Gray.

heretoday
23-02-2017, 11:58 PM
We are very lucky to have Neil. When you think how things were in Fenlon /Butcher time. I never thought we'd get to this.

MWHIBBIES
24-02-2017, 02:23 AM
We are very lucky to have Neil. When you think how things were in Fenlon /Butcher time. I never thought we'd get to this.
Swap Fenlon for Calderwood, Fenlon had some great moments.

greenlex
24-02-2017, 02:51 AM
Lennon will get credit when he's actually done something. A Derby win isn't enough. He needs a championship or a cup win for me. I want the former but either or both would be nice.

1van Sprou7e
24-02-2017, 03:00 AM

Fenlon was up and down a lot more than Calderwood. Had some good moments, but also had some of the worst moments in our modern history.

At least he was/is passionate about hibs though

HoboHarry
24-02-2017, 03:44 AM
😂😂😂hahahaha
Gail is gutted.

DaveF will be too. He is a bit quiet.....

Libby Hibby
24-02-2017, 06:10 AM
Beatles She loves you
Neil Lennon, yeah yeah yeah...

Like it, we do need a song for him

JimBHibees
24-02-2017, 07:48 AM
Lennon will get credit when he's actually done something. A Derby win isn't enough. He needs a championship or a cup win for me. I want the former but either or both would be nice.

Disagree think he deserves huge credit for the way the tie went, not many were giving us much of a chance before the tie yet we completely outplayed them. No doubt his primary remit is to win the league however think a bit harsh to say he doesnt get any credit especially given the scathing criticism he has been getting recently.

greenlex
24-02-2017, 08:16 AM
Disagree think he deserves huge credit for the way the tie went, not many were giving us much of a chance before the tie yet we completely outplayed them. No doubt his primary remit is to win the league however think a bit harsh to say he doesnt get any credit especially given the scathing criticism he has been getting recently.
Of course he did well on Wed but at the end if the day it's a Derby Scottish cup win at Easter Riad. Pat Fenlon did that too and against expectation after that bloody final the season before. tAl I'm saying is once he's achieved something he'll get praise from me.
Might sound harsh but fail to go up and Wed will be an irrelevance unless we mirror last season cup win which is unlikely.

ian cruise
24-02-2017, 08:23 AM
I think we need to get a song for Neil Lennon. I was a huge Stubbs fan but Neil is on course to do what the previous management team failed to and get us up. Yes some results haven't been great but we're getting a point where previous Hibs teams would have taken nothing. We're scrapping our way out this league, which isn't ideal but as long as we get out. It's a difficult league and we're the big scalp where as in the previous two seasons it wasn't always that way as teams had Rangers and Hearts to play too. The cup game and Bronby games have left me in no doubt that he can give us many a successful season in the top flight when we're there. The guy is doing a great job so here's hoping from now on we can all get behind him

ian cruise
24-02-2017, 08:28 AM

He's on track for at least one, possibly both. It's unfair to say he doesn't deserve credit as he's not won anything yet when the league isn't over yet. He's got us top and had us there for most of the season, plus a convincing win over our rivals who have just had two very good results in their league and some good performances in Europe when he was still finding his feet. He's on track to over achieve this season in my opinion as all I cared about was getting up one way or the other. Aye there been some less than stellar performances but there's been some crackers too.

Is It On....
25-02-2017, 09:54 AM
Apparently 20/1 to be the next Leicester manager with Brendan and the Magic Hat both at 14/1.

Slavers
25-02-2017, 10:00 AM
I think we need to get a song for Neil Lennon. I was a huge Stubbs fan but Neil is on course to do what the previous management team failed to and get us up. Yes some results haven't been great but we're getting a point where previous Hibs teams would have taken nothing. We're scrapping our way out this league, which isn't ideal but as long as we get out. It's a difficult league and we're the big scalp where as in the previous two seasons it wasn't always that way as teams had Rangers and Hearts to play too. The cup game and Bronby games have left me in no doubt that he can give us many a successful season in the top flight when we're there. The guy is doing a great job so here's hoping from now on we can all get behind him

I think his song should be 'you are my Lennon' sung in the style of you are my sunshine. You are my Lennon, my Neil Lennon, you make me happy when sky's are grey.

makaveli1875
25-02-2017, 10:22 AM

the only great moment of fenlons that i can remember was his resignation

Canon Hannan
25-02-2017, 10:40 AM
If you're wondering where Gail is, she's currently getting monstered by Sir David of Gray.

Monstered 😂
Dashing Bob, SirDavidofGrayGail is hiding because of our great manager. I awaite Houston to Jump in too (both Sevco buddies). See Lenny is being touted for Leicester! Noooooooooo

Northernhibee
25-02-2017, 10:59 AM

Spoonys goal, Caldwell's goal, 4-3, sitting atop the SPL, Sparky's goals, the semi against Aberdeen...

WhileTheChief..
25-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Leicester can come calling all they want. He's going nowhere until the jobs done.

CapitalGreen
25-02-2017, 11:06 AM
Spoonys goal, Caldwell's goal, 4-3, sitting atop the SPL, Sparky's goals, the semi against Aberdeen...

Quarter final away at Killie

jacomo
25-02-2017, 11:15 AM

This really is a graceless comment.

Jim44
25-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Apparently 20/1 to be the next Leicester manager with Brendan and the Magic Hat both at 14/1.

Leicester can come calling all they want. He's going nowhere until the jobs done.

Lennon's doing just fine with us just now. I think he'll fancy a wee spell with us in the top league if we get there, before 'moving up in the world' again, should he want to.

connerg
25-02-2017, 12:04 PM

Me too. :not worth

WhileTheChief..
25-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Lennon's doing just fine with us just now. I think he'll fancy a wee spell with us in the top league if we get there, before 'moving up in the world' again, should he want to.

Agreed. I think he loves it here just now.

Leicester could maybe be a good shout for him in the future but I think he'll avoid them just now after his Bolton experience.

He was always going to be linked with them anyways.

Waxy
25-02-2017, 12:33 PM
He got two teams to cup finals that Weren't really good enough to win it.That was a feat in itself though the jambos seem to think it was our worst disaster.

houstonhibbee
25-02-2017, 12:42 PM
Monstered 😂
Dashing Bob, SirDavidofGrayGail is hiding because of our great manager. I awaite Houston to Jump in too (both Sevco buddies). See Lenny is being touted for Leicester! Noooooooooo
Please leave me out of your sectarian peddling nonsense.

greenlex
25-02-2017, 06:15 PM
Needs to earn his money right now.

ED Hibee
25-02-2017, 07:23 PM
Needs to earn his money right now.

Definitely. Always seems to make the right tactical calls in the big games but just doesn't seem to get it right against smaller clubs.

Colr
25-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Definitely. Always seems to make the right tactical calls in the big games but just doesn't seem to get it right against smaller clubs.

Like Stubbs before him?

Allant1981
25-02-2017, 07:33 PM

apart from possibly taking off holt im not sure what else he could have done tonight, the players are 100% to blame for that, they should have been cruising after going 2-0 up

ED Hibee
25-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Like Stubbs before him?

To a certain extent although Stubbs didn't seem to change his system much it just seemed to be more effective against bigger clubs. Lennon has made some big tactical changes in both games against Hearts and the most recent Dundee Utd game which made the difference. He just doesn't seem to be able to get it right against wee teams.

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Like Stubbs before him?

Different approaches but similar outcomes. There seems two schools of thought about NL:

1. He motivates players for big games, but goes to sleep at the wheel for smaller ones. At Celtic, his rep rested on punching above their weight in the CL, bossing the Huns, but he often lost Hampden semis/finals to clubs who outfought his team.

2. He inherited an iconic side in the cup winning team, which he couldn't get rid off, but one which he identified as unfit to win the long grind of the championship. He has tried to make adjustments, and has got us in a comfortable, but uninspiring position.

If we had a grinder outside like Hearts/Rangers as competition, we would be in serious trouble. We are fortunate that the opposition are beating each other.

houstonhibbee
25-02-2017, 07:43 PM
To a certain extent although Stubbs didn't seem to change his system much it just seemed to be more effective against bigger clubs. Lennon has made some big tactical changes in both games against Hearts and the most recent Dundee Utd game which made the difference. He just doesn't seem to be able to get it right against wee teams.
Although frustrating I wouldn't blame anyone today. It wasn't like Raith Rovers last week.
It was a bit like the Alan Freeland game v Falkirk game a few years back. The referee gave us no protection at all.

pedroorange1875
25-02-2017, 08:00 PM
apart from possibly taking off holt im not sure what else he could have done tonight, the players are 100% to blame for that, they should have been cruising after going 2-0 up

Thats exactly the problem. They thought they were and the games over, We just beat hearts you know, we are billy big baws in this league no problem

Disgraceful attitude and performance, and its not even the 10th time

SlickShoes
25-02-2017, 08:02 PM
Lennon had the team organised and up for the game, as you can see by us going 2-0 up. What happened then is down to the players.

The only mistake I think Lennon made today was having Bartley at centre half for so long, we looked immediately better when he went into midfield.

Moody Blues
25-02-2017, 08:03 PM
I am no manager, but feel we should have strengthened in the transfer window.

Stevie Reid
25-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Thats exactly the problem. They thought they were and the games over, We just beat hearts you know, we are billy big baws in this league no problem

Disgraceful attitude and performance, and its not even the 10th time

Given that we lost a goal (from an individual error) immediately after going two up, I don't think you can really say that the players thought it was over at 2-0.

Scorrie
25-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Lennon had the team organised and up for the game, as you can see by us going 2-0 up. What happened then is down to the players.

The only mistake I think Lennon made today was having Bartley at centre half for so long, we looked immediately better when he went into midfield.
I think he could have freshened us up top as well perhaps using Keatings

Nicho87
25-02-2017, 08:10 PM
It was a sham keatings came on at 88. Should have been 10 minutes earlier

ehf
25-02-2017, 08:13 PM

He could have hooked Fyvie at half-time; I was astonished to see him come out of the tunnel for the second half.

pedroorange1875
25-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Given that we lost a goal (from an individual error) immediately after going two up, I don't think you can really say that the players thought it was over at 2-0.

Nothing wrong with concentration, set up and positioning of the defence then? Not to mention the shocking attempt at an easy clearance for a back 4/team who were fully focused and still up for it as if it was 0-0

Ill think you will find the same attitude that caused Lennon to go mental is still very much prevalent

Canon Hannan
25-02-2017, 08:31 PM

Thought the players gave everything and the manager played what he could. McGinn looked tired but can't fault them. Good point and nothing lost in real terms due to United.

FitbaFolkKen
25-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Thought the players gave everything and the manager played what he could. McGinn looked tired but can't fault them. Good point and nothing lost in real terms due to United.

Good point? I think going from 2-0 up to scraping a draw is anything but good.

greenlex
25-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Good point? I think going from 2-0 up to scraping a draw is anything but good.

Sorry but that is a great point at the end of the day not just good.

Heisenberg
25-02-2017, 08:46 PM

This attitude that it's ok because United didn't win could come back to bite us. Yet again some only too happy to rely on others to drop points/hope they drop points.

The Harp Awakes
25-02-2017, 08:52 PM

So what tactically could NL have done differently today?

He made 1 change from Wednesday with Fyvie coming in for Bartley. We started the game well and went 2-0 up so it looks like the initial team selection was sound. Our Captain dependable then gifted them a goal and we lost 1 of our centre backs and had to improvise bringing on Bartley.

Our players then decided to down tools in the 2nd half and we were run ragged by a very good Dunfermline side. NL then changed it and brought Crane on shifting Bartley to midfield. That stemmed the tide and the last 15 minutes was more even although we probably got a point we didn't deserve.

Sometimes you've got to take the hat off to the opposition and credit them for playing well. It's not the end of the world and we go again on Wednesday.

wookie70
25-02-2017, 09:16 PM

He made 1 change from Wednesday with Fyvie coming in for Bartley. We started the game well and went 2-0 up so it looks like the initial team selection was sound. Our Captain dependable then gifted them a goal and we lost 1 of our centre backs and had to improvise bringing on Bartley.

Our players then decided to down tools in the 2nd half and we were run ragged by a very good Dunfermline side. NL then changed it and brought Crane on shifting Bartley to midfield. That stemmed the tide and the last 15 minutes was more even although we probably got a point we didn't deserve.

Sometimes you've got to take the hat off to the opposition and credit them for playing well. It's not the end of the world and we go again on Wednesday.

He could have left Bartley in after his terrific display on Wednesday and kept FF on the bench as he has been poor for weeks. Bartley and Mcginn has looked our best midfield partnership imo. He could have tried to give us more legs up top as there was a good chance an older player like Holt would struggle after his Derby efforts. He could have brought Crane or Donaldson on for Fonts instead of Bartley. He could have brought Martin on for McGinn who was honking and breathing out his arse. He could have given Keatings more than 2 mins(to be fair Keats was stripped a few mins beforehand).

He deserves some credit for changing to the back three relatively swiftly after the Bartley centre half "experiment" but equally he could be criticised for making that change in the first place. He also had half time to have a think about it but decided to stick with something that looked doomed to failure. I would argue that cost us the second goal.

He could have done lots of things but ultimately what he and the team did was not enough to stop us dropping two points. We were also very fortunate to get that point. If the team did down tools then there may be two reasons. One is the tremendous effort they put in on Wednesday. If that is the case then Lennon perhaps needs to shoulder some blame as he really didn't freshen the team up much. The other is that this was a negative reaction or complete lack of reaction to his comments after the Raith game. I'm hoping for the former but am worried about the latter. Time will tell. Wednesday is going to be very tough against St Mirren who seem to be hitting a bit of form and have much to play for.

greenlex
25-02-2017, 09:47 PM
This attitude that it's ok because United didn't win could come back to bite us. Yet again some only too happy to rely on others to drop points/hope they drop points.
This post makes no sense. It is actually in a literal sense ok because its as you were but another round of fixtures played. I dont think anybody is too happy we didnt stretch our lead at the top but I for one am delighted to be no worse off. I continue to hope the teams chasing us leep dropping points. Im not relying on it but will be delighted when they do. My attitude at the end of the day wont come back to bite us. Losing games might but me being happy about other things certainly wont.

Stevie Reid
25-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Nothing wrong with concentration, set up and positioning of the defence then? Not to mention the shocking attempt at an easy clearance for a back 4/team who were fully focused and still up for it as if it was 0-0

Ill think you will find the same attitude that caused Lennon to go mental is still very much prevalent

It was an individual error, these things happen - thankfully not much from Gray, or any of our back four.

We were ahambolic at times today, the only point that I was contesting was you saying that Dunfermline got back into the game because the players thought the game was won at 2-0. There simply wasn't enough time between us going 2-0 up and them scoring to possibly know if that was the case.

jacomo
25-02-2017, 11:07 PM
This post makes no sense. It is actually in a literal sense ok because its as you were but another round of fixtures played. I dont think anybody is too happy we didnt stretch our lead at the top but I for one am delighted to be no worse off. I continue to hope the teams chasing us leep dropping points. Im not relying on it but will be delighted when they do. My attitude at the end of the day wont come back to bite us. Losing games might but me being happy about other things certainly wont.

Well said.

We need to finish in first place in this league. We are in first place. Another round of fixtures gone and we are still 7 points + massive goal difference clear.

So long as this situation continues, all good.

J-C
25-02-2017, 11:41 PM
We're coming to that part of the season that always seems to haunt us, Feb/March. These months always seem to bite us where it hurts, either through suspensions, injuries or lack of form and it's looking to down that road again unless we get a wee bit luck.

Another 2 points dropped to a team we've beaten fairly easily already this season, another bitterly disappointing performance after the game on wednesday. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what actually happens to these players between matches, is it a case of complacency or are they just not good enough on a regular basis.

90% of this squad are Stubbs players, is Lennon getting the best from these players and likewise is Lennon managing to his best? We all wanted a bigger target type player and Lennon got 2, both seem to not be the answer, was a big target man really the answer? Or maybe we should've looked at getting a Malonga type player who complimented Cummings far more.

When we go up we will need a good 5-6 players to compete in the premier league, many of these players are far too inconsistent or just not good enough, with games like today and against Raith/Ayr proof of that.

As for Lennon, I'm still to be convinced.

houstonhibbee
26-02-2017, 12:45 AM
He could have hooked Fyvie at half-time; I was astonished to see him come out of the tunnel for the second half.

where did you expect him to come out of?:greengrin

houstonhibbee
26-02-2017, 12:50 AM

To my mind that's where I'm at and that's a very fair and balanced view of todays game. I don't think you can fault anyone for lack of effort. I think we tried to continue the swashbuckling style from Wednesday and no-one can say it wasn't entertaining with two teams going for it. It was more like a cup tie